Zak

Game version 1.003 discussion

This is a test. We start with 32 and see what the performance is and we move on from there. 

Jason

Wouldn't it be realistic to at least go with the already established standard of 64 players that we've been seeing?

What is the standard that is trying to be achieved anyway? Can you provide some logic behind the numbers? Some transparency?

Wouldn't it be realistic to at least go with the already established standard of 64 players that we've been seeing?

What is the standard that is trying to be achieved anyway? Can you provide some logic behind the numbers? Some transparency?

I think what the dev team is getting at is that the 'netcode' has a few problems when it comes to high server load and ping, which comes from 64 players on a single server. They have scaled it back to see if the problem persists on 32 players, as that was proberly the last fully stable code they had. When playing a flight sim the hit registration is paramount.

Stop asking questions to annoy me. I've already answered it. Zigrat get's it. 

Jason

Stop asking questions to annoy me. I've already answered it. Zigrat get's it. 

Jason

Actually, you didn't answer any of my questions.

Annoying you?! I have many questions that aren't being answered. My apologies for annoying you with my lack of information on what's going on.

When are you going to stop acting like customers are just bothersome annoyances only here to get in your way? We have legitimate concerns and questions that deserve answers.

• Upvote 10

Annoying you?! I have many questions that aren't being answered. My apologies for annoying you with my lack of information on what's going on.

When are you going to stop acting like customers are just bothersome annoyances only here to get in your way? We have legitimate concerns and questions that deserve answers.

Jason, what Aborted is trying to say is we're paying customers, we bought a product from you guys and we deserve to know what at this stage in the game (full release) is happening in explicit detail. Certain things aren't being handled....efficiently? I think is the word to use.

Believe me everyone here on this thread arguing, LOVES this genre, it's why we're here and I think I speak for everyone and I mean for EVERYONE when I say we want this game to be successful. BOS has the potential to be the best combat flight sim in a looooong time, and if we go back 2 months prior this

game was on track to being just that, and In a lot of ways I still think it is.

However, we just want more communication and proper responses to our questions, being spoken to like we're just metophorical gnats in the devs/managements faces that need to be swatted is not going to get any body any where.

Edited by =SE=Hollywood-
  • Upvote 5

My guess is that they may not have a standard yet. 64 caused them issues, so they scaled back and will keep going until they hit an issue, fix it hopefully and then move onwards and perhaps upwards until they hit something unfixable, and then scale back a bit until it is stable and call that a standard. Its a little tricky to say maybe "100" because i stability reaches 80 people will complain that the promised amount was not reach and they were lied to...Anyway, that's how I see it :).

I hope the they can be a little more patient, especially as people like to find excuses to attack BOS whenever they can and they really don't need more excuses to do so.

every one make sure you reboot your computer after this update,

another tip, make sure you have admin rights, Make sure you run this in a separate folder not in the programesfiles(x86) folder,

if you do and want to move it into its own stand alone folder away from programfilesx86, just right click in your C:\ directory, make a new folder name it games or what not, then right click on your il2 Stalingrad folder and cut, then go to the other folder and paste, you

will have to make new shortcuts.

Why a reboot for this particular update and why should it not be in the programfilesx86 folder now after all this time? Not having a shot, just curious is all.

Re-boot is standard recommended procedure when installing many programs/drivers/updates I am no tech expert at all but somehow it makes sense to let your computer get all its ducks in a row when making many changes to a program, and takes but a few minutes to do and gives you the optimal chance of a correct install..so I see no reason not to use the same procedure on a game update.

Windows 7 and up has a strange way of handling files in "Progam Files" again I am no expert but have had many issues in the past with this. It is all to do with security of windows, files there are default read only and windows handles attempted changes to files as hostile threats and does not allow it (UAC issues?) for normal programs this is a good thing but with games there are many settings/files that are changed all the time. Some older games will not even run properly in Program Files and certainly not with mods.

To avoid this (potential;) problem install outside or copy paste to another folder you have created on  your HDD

I am no expert and this may be all crap :)

Cheers Dakpilot

S!

Many games have a limit of 64 visible players in one area. Same was in Aces High, if too many were within this "zone" the planes turned into dots. All because of netcode and feasible gameplay to everyone.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Dakpilot. I only have two games on the PC, RoF and BoS. I had it built for RoFand CLoD and didnt bother reinstalling 1946 and CLoD is long gone

Both have resided in the 86 folder from day 1 and to date no problems.

Actually rebooting system is nothing to do with patch unless it touches registry value.

• Upvote 1

Well,rebooting helped me to get rid of CTDs.Whatever magic is behind,I don´t care if it is running :salute:

32 is fine now if the netcode will be improved later, but we need at least the possibility to host our own games (6, 8 players) as it was in RoF. So, Squadrons will be ready for the "massive" sessions (64 or more).

However, i've seen good performances with 75 palyers on Syndicate, so if they think they could improve it again.....it's ok for me. Too much negativity here guys.

Edited by 150GCT_Veltro

If you saw my previous message - forget about it, it's not valid anymore

S!

Many games have a limit of 64 visible players in one area. Same was in Aces High, if too many were within this "zone" the planes turned into dots. All because of netcode and feasible gameplay to everyone.

64 planes visible at the same time is not the same thing as a maximum of 64 planes in the whole server. ;)

80 mb update. Whats in it?

post #142

*EDIT* looks like a new one for today

Cheers Dakpilot

Edited by Dakpilot

The restriction is totally reasonable, and I'm sure you'll be able to increase the limit in the future. It's best to go step by step, test gradually, and fix if needed. Good luck!

Update in version 1.003

1. Stats counting fixed in Campaign;

2. The bug with bomb hatches floating in the air after it's wing is ripped off was fixed;

3. All detached plane part will have all damaged ellements on their place;

4. A turret damaged in an online battle remains damaged after players get it and ouf it

• Upvote 2

Thanks ZAK, all these rapid fixes and patches shows an excellent customer support organization. Just continue and IL2 BOS will be THE WW2 air fighter simulator of the year.

I have been on the BOS Normal server yesterday to test multiplayer for the first time. Indeed when we are over 25 or more players stuttering, time lag etc. becomes serious. Ours are fast moving planes so they start jumping in space time when you have stuttering .

Thx for the update. Any word on my screenname removal option?

Working on it, Mainstay

Thanks devs. Currently at work, but testing will occur tonight.

Update in version 1.003

1. Stats counting fixed in Campaign;

2. The bug with bomb hatches floating in the air after it's wing is ripped off was fixed;

3. All detached plane part will have all damaged ellements on their place;

4. A turret damaged in an online battle remains damaged after players get it and ouf it

Thank you for your excellent work.

Thanks for the tip. I've never rebooted after updates but I'll do that from now on.

After a release last week I recommended that the devs include the instruction to reboot as part of the release notes because a reboot stopped my ctd issues.

Clearly they didn't do so.

Hello Zak,

Do you also plan to add kind of "clear profile" button?Or possibility to have more pilot profiles? As I think I started my offline campaign very early and overall scoring is kinda screwed.I do not mind doing unlocks again :ph34r:

• Upvote 2

Man! I have to get my licks in on BoS. Oh, wait. I like it! I don't have a lot of time to fly it but when I do I feel pretty good afterwards. I like that it's being continually updated. No sim is perfect. This one won't please all of the people all of the time. But I'm OK with how it's progressing. The FMB and the increased server/MP capacities will sit well with many, including me. Patience is it's own reward. 

ACG_5./JG26_Flyby out

Hello Zak,

Do you also plan to add kind of "clear profile" button?Or possibility to have more pilot profiles? As I think I started my offline campaign very early and overall scoring is kinda screwed.I do not mind doing unlocks again :ph34r:

This! I would like also start the campaign over again and play it as German and Russian side seperately from beginning to end. More pilot profiles would be good.

• Upvote 1

This! I would like also start the campaign over again and play it as German and Russian side seperately from beginning to end. More pilot profiles would be good.

Indeed just what I was thinking: certainly separate profiles for your German and Russian pilots, or why not one for each plane type.

One of the things at the moment is that the mission density is dictated by the "pilot level" which is independent of what you are actually doing in the sim:  having an optional reset button that lowered your pilot level and simultaneously reduced xp would allow us to replay more flexibly.

Edited by unreasonable

agree

Thanks to all who understands that some things just need to be done for common good.

Special thanks to server owners who turned out (not surprisingly though) to be very reasonable too.

Everyone else - please, don't waste your nerves for no reason, we love you too.

Ahahahah! Zak I like your humour.

As a management guru put it: "if you're in a difficult discussion, apply Rule nr. 6: don't take yourself too seriously". And Rules 1-5??? There's no other Rule than Rule nr. 6" ...

:-)

it was always like that with my X-55 Rhino

I have an x-55 too but got the same weird bf 109 pitch trim behaviour on first operation in flight, and without using a rotary button. I use the button on the stick, whats the name of the button again, POV.

Thanks again for the update today and the new patch.  Will be trying again in a few minutes.

And Hollywood, loved your last comments.  Context is so hard to read online - you never know if you are getting serious questions or argumentative sarcasm - and it's hard to tell how one ought to respond.  But I'm glad to see the energy from the people here from the Developers to the end users.  I'm excited for the future of this title.  I'm excited to see where the fans (can I call them that? Consumers, perhaps, fanatics even) want to take it, and I am hopeful the developers get the opportunity to realize their ultimate "vision" for the title.

Glad to be here for the ride.  :)

Edited by Beazil

Keep the updates coming and by 2015 we may have a sim the lives up to the 1C name! Thanks