Zak

Game version 1.003 discussion

Contacted the support for this issue, get a proposal for solution but not working so far.

They'll fix it, seriously. Thanks for sharing, and sorry for temporary inconvenience

I have the same problem.

Please tell us via a ticket to customer service

1 When is the DServer going to be released?

I believe, by the end of the year. A certain date is not yet available, unfortunatelly. But it's the first serious functional addition that's is awaiting.

2 Are you going to incorporate hosting into the multiplayer tab of the game GUI like RoF?

There will be a separate .exe for the dedicated server as it is now, Prangster

I believe, by the end of the year.

It was nice of you to say about when Dserver will be released. I think earlier promises that "later" was a bit vague. Does it means that FMB will come out with Dserver?

Thanks for the update !

~S~

They'll fix it, seriously. Thanks for sharing, and sorry for temporary inconvenience

I believe, by the end of the year. A certain date is not yet available, unfortunatelly. But it's the first serious functional addition that's is awaiting.

Zak, you guys are an inspiration.  As my pa always told me, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.

Thanks for the update, I'm getting ready to try it out.

It was nice of you to say about when Dserver will be released. I think earlier promises that "later" was a bit vague. Does it means that FMB will come out with Dserver?

And this is when I'm saying "later". FMB will be released after dserver. There's a lot of work to be done before it goes public.

• Upvote 4

It is Great, we know you guys are developing DServer!

And this is when I'm saying "later".

Arghhhh...

Well ok if its a lot of work i guess it will be good stuff then :-)

After last update when i start the game it says my key isnt activated....and Its not newly activated, Ive been playing for some time...

Edited by dragon76

After last update when i start the game it says my key isnt activated....and Its not newly activated, Ive been playing for some time...

dragon76, please, submit a ticket to our customer support, they'll take care of it.

http://il2sturmovik.com/support/

• Upvote 1

Hi Zak, I've got two quick questions.

1: Will Mods-on mode be a feature soon? I'm feeling the urge to get creative.

2: It's well past midnight. Shouldn't you be in bed?

Hi Zak, I've got two quick questions.

1: Will Mods-on mode be a feature soon? I'm feeling the urge to get creative.

2: It's well past midnight. Shouldn't you be in bed?

Hey!

1) Between dserver and FMB release, I think. That's when the skin viewer and templates should go live.

2) Today's update broke something in new user registration, it sure needs to be fixed asap

• Upvote 3

Great news. I'm really looking forward to that.

Thanks very much for taking the time to answer. I hope you get the registration glitch sorted soon.

Cheers!

1. XP counting for destroying villages or towns was disabled. You still can get XP for destroying warehouses, plants, bridges, railway stations;

I told you that they would nerf it :P

Edited by JG62Gielow

1. XP counting for destroying villages or towns was disabled. You still can get XP for destroying warehouses, plants, bridges, railway stations;

I told you that they would nerf it :P

Yes ! now the coward civillians will just hide in the village when i fly over with 2x2000kg bombs.  :biggrin:

Thanks Zak and team for the hard work on all the good things to come :salute:  

Hi Zak - minor issue: with the last patch the plane settings in MP (fuel, camo, weapons) are not stored in memory, so you need to reset them at every flight.

Rgds,

Ins

AUTHORIZATION FIX IS READY, you need to update your game now.

• Upvote 1

Why No. 12?

I mean, I never realised that I get XP for bombung a village until now. But hell, it is a wargame, so why shouldn't I get XP for bombing a town or village?

... because it is against the Geneva convention. ;) You should only get XP for bombing targets of military interest, not killing civilians. It also helps to bomb targets where you know what you are bombing to ensure against friendly fire.
  • Upvote 1

How many updates is this in the last couple of weeks? I've lost track but it's been a bunch. I know it isn't required or even been recommended by the developers, but with every few updates I've been doing a fresh install. It just seems to make the sim run smoother for me. If someone is having a lot of CTDs or laggy performance, it might be worth a try. I understand some folks might have bandwidth issues but if you don't it sure can't hurt to try.

And we all thought this Friday was going to be missing something? What was that again? ;)

... because it is against the Geneva convention. ;) You should only get XP for bombing targets of military interest, not killing civilians. It also helps to bomb targets where you know what you are bombing to ensure against friendly fire.

So I suppose this means we will never get a strategic bombing campaign :(

Flying as Master Bomber for a large Lancaster raid over a German city would look terrific with BoS's searchlights, flak and other effects.

And this is when I'm saying "later". FMB will be released after dserver. There's a lot of work to be done before it goes public.

Zak, could you give us more information about the work done on the FMB? As far as I understand it, it will be a little bit more user friendly than the FMB in ROF. As a potential mission builder, I wonder what will be the main differences compared to RoF and will the BoS FMB allow the same level of mission complexity?

Moreover, can we expect more single missions outside of campaign mode in the near future? In think the number of single missions we have at the moment is a little low.

Zak, could you give us more information about the work done on the FMB? As far as I understand it, it will be a little bit more user friendly than the FMB in ROF. As a potential mission builder, I wonder what will be the main differences compared to RoF and will the BoS FMB allow the same level of mission complexity?

Moreover, can we expect more single missions outside of campaign mode in the near future? In think the number of single missions we have at the moment is a little low.

No, it when first released it will be just as it is now, same as ROF. We may, over time find ways to make it easier to use, but no promises or time-tables.

Jason

• Upvote 1

No, it when first released it will be just as it is now, same as ROF. We may, over time find ways to make it easier to use, but no promises or time-tables.

Jason

Thanks for the clarification Jason. Personally I am fine with having a FMB identical to RoF. In contrast to what many people think it is not too difficult to work with it, once its visual script system and the underlying concepts are understood. But I wonder why the BoS FMB isn't released earlier when it is identical to RoF?

No plan for AI radio commands? Like the one from DCS.

I think one of the reason makes campaign boring is lack of communication between my wing man.

I can't order them to attack, or cover. I've seen AI bombers just circle around even though they have bomb to drop.

LAlt + Number Keys are the radio commands dude  :salute:

Another feedback, Bf109's stabilizer has strange jump behavior on first operation

that's because you are using a rotary or axis as your stabilizer - it's neutral until you move the affected axis - and then will read whatever the axis is at the time. That is to say if neutral is zero and your axis is at -70 when you start to move it, the game reads 0 to -70 instantly.

I *think I got that right

Edited by Beazil

Thanks devs, great having so many patches/fixes. I really enjoy BOS. Great

congratulations to 777 and BOS crew on official release!

much appreciated new flight simulation - it works great here and looks amazing.

I cant wait to see what it becomes over the next several years.

I hope people will be patient and allow you the courtesy of respect for what you have already accomplished as well as for the potential you and this title

clearly represent.

I love flying in this sim - so far it has the best look and feel of any simulation of flight I have seen...and I have tried them all,  believe it

• Upvote 2

that's because you are using a rotary or axis as your stabilizer - it's neutral until you move the affected axis - and then will read whatever the axis is at the time. That is to say if neutral is zero and your axis is at -70 when you start to move it, the game reads 0 to -70 instantly.

I *think I got that right

But it wasn't like that before

Bf109's stabilizer has strange jump behavior on first operation

AFAIK it has to do with devs setting neutral trimming for aircraft in airstart couple of patches ago. When changed, the trim jumps immidietaly to zero setting and the aircraft bounces (that is what I think is going on).

13. Plane setup is now correctly transferred from mission settings when login to a server or loading a mission; personal customizations are recorded for one mission;

14. Default plane setup no longer stops player from starting a mission (but we recommend you to check the settings if you’re playing on a custom server);

Don't knwo if this is a bug but I've encountered issues with this feauture flying on a dedicated server yesterday.

First all my planes were reset to default, after changing my Lagg-3 setup accordingly and flying my first sortie I realised it has been reset again once I tried to start my second sortie.

I'm not sure if I get those notes right but MP plane setup should not require a proper SP setup in my opinion. If both use the same profile (as I understood it) people flying in MP should be able to set their setup their preferrences in MP and SP equally, not only SP.

Edited by [Jg26]5tuka

AUTHORIZATION FIX IS READY, you need to update your game now.

Its not fixed here. I still get the error after the newest update. It says error #5 my key isnt activated. Im unable to play this game for 24h already. Fix ti ASAP. I sent ticket to support yesterday and got no response.

Edited by dragon76

I'm having some nasty slowdowns in the campaign, especially near the ground. I was having the same thing in MP but I thought it was network related. At the beginning of the mission all is fine, but after a few minutes everything slows down and my plane becomes very sluggish, making it quite impossible to fight in. I know my PC is quite old now, but the game was running fine a few weeks ago.

Another feedback, Bf109's stabilizer has strange jump behavior on first operation

yup I can confirm this.

Hey!

1) Between dserver and FMB release, I think. That's when the skin viewer and templates should go live.

2) Today's update broke something in new user registration, it sure needs to be fixed asap

(That's when the skin viewer and templates should go live) : Not before, I'm a little disappointed. :unsure: 

BTW somebody deleted my serial key under licence keys in my profile page

As I told you before, please, submit a ticket to customer support.

As I told you before, please, submit a ticket to customer support.

I did yesterday. In the meantime you released an update which was supposed to be a fix and that didnt fix my problem.

Runs real nice guys.

My first flights today in many many months. (8-9months maybe more!) The planes felt better than I last remember too, not quite so twitchy and unstable as I remember. I loved it!

Looking forward to another 10 year love affair! :)

Running Quad 3GB GTX580s with 4960X and ultra settings and smooth as butter up to about 100fps.

Pitty Surround Vision isn't working yet, but the game looks, sounds and plays beautifully!