Zak

Game version 1.003 discussion

I agree with 3instein, the gunners are well balanced. Dangerous if you are careless and get too close but not really a threat if you attack properly. (Unless you're unlucky)

It takes a lot of time and discipline to learn the ways of attacking AI defended aircraft correctly, the only time I have been damaged by them was when I made mistakes.

• Upvote 1

Concur with 3instein. If you are getting hit that often while attacking bombers, you may be using bad technique. I have shot down quite a few in QMB and career on "Expert" and I can't remember getting hit more than a very few times. I generally use the high side attack. Don't park on their six or you're toast.

Edited by chris455
  • Upvote 1

This is two not 3 times I have the same mission in the "Air bridge" part of the campaign and the result is strange I encounter only from far away fighters no He111 how should be transport aircrafts and once i down one (myself or one of my wingman’s) fighter I loiter in the combat zone for one hour until I try to get home and run out of gas and belly land my plane with this result : note even the recorder cannot record this length of time): 

2014_10_25_16_58_52.jpg

My question is; is this normal or is this a bug?!

A final note I did also take off during this mission!

Are flying to your mission exit point?

You must do this to get credits for a successfully completed mission.

They restricted the time skip to x2 to stop the MP guys getting through the unlocks too quickly...

Christ on crutches why are they so dead set on us playing such a crap campaign?

Thank Asur we have other options.

Edited by forsale

Is it possible to get any type of input on some of these issues:

Wingmen not, or completely incompetently carrying out ground attacks (Stuka AI not dropping bombs)

Are full graphics options EVER coming back? 

Flak explosion sounds/ hit sounds on own plane?

Nope all good here. Thats a strange tearing you got there.

I couldn't get the smoke and flames as bad as yours superghostboy but still nothing that looks like what you have.

That was a AI-Plane that I shot down. Everytime If the plane goes down with flames and black smoke like my screenshot show the texture artifacts appear only there. The early access version doesnt had this problem before. Thats why I not understand this how could this happend? You should try to shot down a plane with flames and black smoke because only there appear the strange tearing. Thanks for testing & help. :salute:

Edited by Superghostboy

Which game mode?

Normal or expert same results... :sleep:

Are flying to your mission exit point?

You must do this to get credits for a successfully completed mission.

If you cannot get there because your objective does not apear wat do you do , I loiter like I am asked to by control until it is to late and the engine quit by lack of gasoline. Stupide is it not?!

The antagonistic plane does never get there or leaves before I get there either is possible. But still I never get it in the action radius?! Then when I try to get to an exit point I land getting there.

Edited by senseispcc

I find the gunners OK, they should be dangerous to attack and make you think about which line to take, please don;t make them easier still, then you will be able to sit on there six firing away.

Mick. :)

No gunner normaly mad can fire from a plane banking at 45 degres angle in the game they do! :huh:

I agree with 3instein, the gunners are well balanced. Dangerous if you are careless and get too close but not really a threat if you attack properly. (Unless you're unlucky)

It takes a lot of time and discipline to learn the ways of attacking AI defended aircraft correctly, the only time I have been damaged by them was when I made mistakes.

Same as previous a Stuka or a He111h  at 45 degrees angle bank the gunner even the best cannot fire with any accuracy in this game the Ju87 and the He111h do bank left and right at maximum angles with bombs do not drop them and change bank like fighters. I nearly forgot the gunner still firing during this acrobatics.

:lol:  :unsure:

I do not know about Russian bombers or attack planes I fly only Soviet La-5 or some rare times the Yak-1.

Edited by senseispcc

Yes I have had the odd texture at the side of the screen, but only on one occasion so far. It seems to be associated with the fire and smoke textures and has only appeared on the left side of my monitor just as in your screenshot where the smoke and fire has been trailing beyond the left edge of my screen. Very odd and no idea what caused it.  My setup is Core i5 2500K at 3.3GHz, 8 Gig RAM, Radeon HD 6800 1Gig, Windows 7 64 bit SP1

Here's a pic

2014_10_24__9_21_37_zpsec90a272.jpg

I have crazy texture artifacts are this a AMD only problem?  :help:

xgdrd38oxdgm.jpg

Edited by mbv

Incorrect friendly fire penalty for shooting static objects, neutral and enemy houses fixed;

just put a few 7.7 rounds in a railway station and was told i would get a penalty. Kotluban area.

That was a AI-Plane that I shot down. Everytime If the plane goes down with flames and black smoke like my screenshot show the texture artifacts appear only there. The early access version doesnt had this problem before. Thats why I not understand this how could this happend? You should try to shot down a plane with flames and black smoke because only there appear the strange tearing. Thanks for testing & help. :salute:

Yeah I got it too...just around the fire and heavy black smoke.

2014_10_26__23_39_38_zpsa2792b5d.png

And this is when I'm saying "later". FMB will be released after dserver. There's a lot of work to be done before it goes public.

That's great news!

Thanks for the update Dev Team. :drinks:

Attention, pilots.

Two forum sections have been updated:

1) Early access section has been locked, it's read-only from now on since the game in not in Early access any more

2) A new section has been extablished: Technical issues and bug-reports discussion

In that new section we suggest you to discuss technical issues related to the game and tell the devs about difficulties you encounter. You do not need to move your old bug-reports from the Early access subforum.

Update in version 1.003

- Ground attack planes now spawn correctly in Campaign missions;

- Bomb hits on bridges are now counting correctly in Campaign;

- Number of players on dserver is limited to 32 players now;

- Dserver should be turning on high performance mode in energy settings of Windows from now on.

Why we limited the ammount of players on dservers.

We've already seen 75-78 players on on server in BOS. Unfortunatelly, they were not properly optimized, and it's not hosts' fault of course, not at all. It's about the software. Current dserver is not optimized to for such stress. Our official goal is to reach stable 64 players per server ( thou we dream about 100 pilots as you probably do). And to reach this goal we want to move step by step, starting from lower level and going higher, for greater achievements. So, if we got good test results with 32 player, we'll increase the limit.

I'll talk to dserver hosts additionally today.

• Upvote 2

I have crazy texture artifacts are this a AMD only problem?  :help:

xgdrd38oxdgm.jpg

Did you notice in the first screen shot you posted the tearing looks eerily like Abraham Lincolns profile? Could this be more than coincidence?

Well, this sucks and bigtime kills my motivation. Just sayin!

EDIT: The 32 player thing.

Edited by VSG1_Winger

Well, this sucks and bigtime kills my motivation. Just sayin!

EDIT: The 32 player thing.

As I said before - if it works fine with 32 players, we lift the limit and make more space on the servers.

1) Early access section has been locked, it's read-only from now on since the game in not in Early access any more

What about the founder's group? Will that still be open?

(Not that it has seen much action since the skin-votes but who knows...)

What about the founder's group? Will that still be open?

(Not that it has seen much action since the skin-votes but who knows...)

I think I'll get it working this week. Yes, it's not particularly alive but it at least should be available.

32 players? Well, I hope it won't take you too long to optimize to 100...

Zak, any word about local hosting ability?

Cheers,

Zak, any word about local hosting ability?

You mean LAN?

I think he ment to be able to fire up online game from your computer without dserver.Like it is in RoF.For small COOPs with friends.I am waiting for this option to start flying with my brother.Hope you make it till xmas as I plan little present for him :salute:

I think he ment to be able to fire up online game from your computer without dserver.Like it is in RoF.For small COOPs with friends.I am waiting for this option to start flying with my brother.Hope you make it till xmas as I plan little present for him :salute:

Brano, have you bought Ilya Murometz?

I have bought it (no unlocks there).

This team works on it.

Ilya_Muromets_2014_08_10_17_04_36_63.png

I am in that attacking Albie

rof_2014_08_20_17_27_41_92.png

Me in a Halb.

Do you still think they have enough resources to put a significant amount of work on BoS ATM?

Edited by ST_ami7b5
  • Upvote 1

No.Frankly,not interested right now.I am in my "WW2 period" ;)

Update in version 1.003

- Ground attack planes now spawn correctly in Campaign missions;

- Bomb hits on bridges are now counting correctly in Campaign;

- Number of players on dserver is limited to 32 players now;

- Dserver should be turning on high performance mode in energy settings of Windows from now on.

Why we limited the ammount of players on dservers.

We've already seen 75-78 players on on server in BOS. Unfortunatelly, they were not properly optimized, and it's not hosts' fault of course, not at all. It's about the software. Current dserver is not optimized to for such stress. Our official goal is to reach stable 64 players per server ( thou we dream about 100 pilots as you probably do). And to reach this goal we want to move step by step, starting from lower level and going higher, for greater achievements. So, if we got good test results with 32 player, we'll increase the limit.

I'll talk to dserver hosts additionally today.

Can you explain the 32 person cap thing better? So are you going to be capping all servers to max i.e. SYN and LD to 32?

If so, do we have a clear timeframe on the cap evaluation to raise it back? From what I have experienced 64 people runs flawlessly.

I just want this statement to be very clear to the community or you might be facing a mass freakout.

Can you explain the 32 person cap thing better? So are you going to be capping all servers to max i.e. SYN and LD to 32?

If so, do we have a clear timeframe on the cap evaluation to raise it back? From what I have experienced 64 people runs flawlessly.

I just want this statement to be very clear to the community or you might be facing a mass freakout.

It's very clear. We are temporarily limiting all Dservers to 32 players while we look at the code to try and optimize better for larger amounts of players. Current Dserver operators are trying to push the Dserver loads too far based on the current state of the code and then they and you complain about poor performance. So for now, we are limiting the Dserver levels while we work to improve optimization and allow for larger groups to fly with better performance.

Jason

• Upvote 3

It's very clear. We are temporarily limiting all Dservers to 32 players while we look at the code to try and optimize better for larger amounts of players. Current Dserver operators are trying to push the Dserver loads too far based on the current state of the code and then they and you complain about poor performance. So for now, we are limiting the Dserver levels while we work to improve optimization and allow for larger groups to fly with better performance.

Jason

Thank you for the reply and clarification.

This question was not answered so clearly... What kind of timeframe are we looking at?   1 Week?   1 Month?   1 Year?

I'm cringing in anticipation of the backlash from this. I have no doubt that these guys need to do this for testing purposes but it seems like they're jumping straight from the frying pan and into the fire with this one.

Like I said, I'm sure the end goal is a good one but holy hell guys, good luck.

This question was not answered so clearly... What kind of timeframe are we looking at?   1 Week?   1 Month?   1 Year?

As long as it takes.

Jason