Advance And Secure (Planes And Tanks)

super-truite

Monostripezebra
Posted (edited)

Just a note of advice.. when you accidentally collide with people running across the street, you actually get teamkills. I am sorry Scent.

Edited by Monostripezebra
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
super-truite
Posted (edited)

I had to remove Kerch from the mission rotation because the server would stop working sometimes with it; I will try to redo it with the new mission template.

There was a bug last week, where the AI would not be deactivated when a sufficient number of players was present. It is fixed now

Edited by super-truite
  • Upvote 1

1./JG42flesch

Greatest BS on your Server is the acuracy from the AI Planes. Stay at Flag and allways killt from a PE2 who dropped this Bombs laser/radar/ GPS guidet at 2m near the Tank. Thats totally unreal and BS for planes in WWII!

Dik-Sukjak

Wow played AAS yesterday for the first time in a while when I saw almost 30 people on the server.  That's awesome!!  I'm going to start playing more.  The only thing I can see improvement on is limiting the number of planes in the game.  Since the AO is relatively small, to cram alot of planes into the space - as the game gets more popular - I can see it becoming another version of War Thunder with their famous "air revenge kills" - but I don't know that much about the inner workings of the games yet and look forward to playing and learning more!  Great job Super T!

super-truite

Thx! Yes we will see, one of the way to avoid this kind of dynamic would be to limit ground attack planes but we are not there yet, most of the players are using tanks

• Upvote 1

moustache

just to point out, I often have this "bug" ... I don't know if it comes from my home or from the server ... well, it's not really annoying either

20210605130306_1.thumb.jpg.6c01ad553905fb7ca8a9c79aabad065c.jpg

• Confused 1

super-truite

Never seen it. Sometimes after saving a new version of a missions the tanks in emplacements are in the air, one meter or so above ground though.

dragon_7611

Friendly fire :huh:

Just in the Vinogradovka mission, I killed an ally by mistake.

@Remontti, I'm sorry bro. In that square there was a "panther" that fired at me and I took your tank for her.

This is not on purpose. I myself fell under friendly fire several times, very unpleasant.

Spoiler

2021-06-06_015127_aas-il2_com.thumb.png.972036fa4da37ca5639d4bb4cd01c71d.png

2021-06-06_015051_aas-il2_com.thumb.png.ffdb91f7ce7eea55c706810017c787e7.png

Dik-Sukjak

Hey Super T I have a question about cammo skins sorry if it's been asked before.  Are the custom skins viewable to all players on your server?  Or same as Finnish just those who also have the skin in their game files?

Thanks buddy

Remontti
1 hour ago, dragon_7611 said:

Friendly fire :huh:

Just in the Vinogradovka mission, I killed an ally by mistake.

@Remontti, I'm sorry bro. In that square there was a "panther" that fired at me and I took your tank for her.

This is not on purpose. I myself fell under friendly fire several times, very unpleasant.

Reveal hidden contents

2021-06-06_015127_aas-il2_com.thumb.png.972036fa4da37ca5639d4bb4cd01c71d.png

2021-06-06_015051_aas-il2_com.thumb.png.ffdb91f7ce7eea55c706810017c787e7.png

No problem.

By the way. After being killed few times the time to respawn takes very long (maybe 40-60 seconds). I don't mean the timer but the time you wait between pressing Start and getting in your tank. I can hear the sounds from tank but I'm still looking at the map screen. Many times I've been killed in the spawn before I can even see the tank interiors or do anything. Disconnecting from server after couple of deaths seems to help. Anyone else notice this?

moustache
4 hours ago, Shampoo_Actual said:

Hé Super TI, j'ai une question sur les skins cammo, désolé si elle a déjà été posée. Les skins personnalisés sont-ils visibles par tous les joueurs sur votre serveur ? Ou comme les finlandais, juste ceux qui ont aussi le skin dans leurs fichiers de jeu ?

Merci mon pote

nope... to be seen, the other player must have the skin...

• Upvote 1

dragon_7611
5 hours ago, Remontti said:

By the way. After being killed few times the time to respawn takes very long (maybe 40-60 seconds). I don't mean the timer but the time you wait between pressing Start and getting in your tank. I can hear the sounds from tank but I'm still looking at the map screen. Many times I've been killed in the spawn before I can even see the tank interiors or do anything. Disconnecting from server after couple of deaths seems to help. Anyone else notice this?

Oh, I only thought so. This happens periodically. Yesterday in Vinogradovka there were two or three times. While the mission is loading, I have time to start the engine and transfer to the gunner's seat.

8 hours ago, Remontti said:

Anyone else notice this?

Yope. I use this time to get my tank ready "by blind" (start engine, close armored flaps, unlock and lower gun, turn light in gunsight, open commander's hatch).

Remontti
1 hour ago, Lofte said:

Yope. I use this time to get my tank ready "by blind" (start engine, close armored flaps, unlock and lower gun, turn light in gunsight, open commander's hatch).

Oh, didn't know you could do that. 

Also another strange thing occured yesterday in Prohorovka map while attacking german tank factory in P-38. A lone AI 109 attacked me and I got into a dogfight with it. But everytime I looked at the 109 my FPS dropped from 100 to 30. Never had such issue before. 

1./JG42flesch

Breitscheid Map.  Reds have Su 152, Su 122 and KV1. Blue only PZIV.

Bug, Feature or what is wrong here with this Planset?

super-truite
7 hours ago, Remontti said:

Oh, didn't know you could do that. 

Also another strange thing occured yesterday in Prohorovka map while attacking german tank factory in P-38. A lone AI 109 attacked me and I got into a dogfight with it. But everytime I looked at the 109 my FPS dropped from 100 to 30. Never had such issue before. 

I had some complaints on this map in the past especially with VR people, sometimes they dropped to 10FPS... I do not know what is the issue.

2 hours ago, 1./JG42flesch said:

Breitscheid Map.  Reds have Su 152, Su 122 and KV1. Blue only PZIV.

Bug, Feature or what is wrong here with this Planset?

I did destroy the factory this afternoon with my teamates, so no heavy tanks were available on the german side. If the factory was still up, then it is a bug. 

super-truite

I was in the sherman :rolleyes:. I think it is the best exemple of wrong sherman armor behavior. At some point I stopped moving my gun because I was sure my tank could not resist the last hit ... but I then proceeded to destroy the PzIV :unsure:.

Monostripezebra

I suspect that may have something to do with how AP damage works.. I noticed quite a bit odd stuff.. like hitting a 190 with the GAZ, but it was an AP shell and damage did not even show up in the stats or that moment when I got hit in the GAZ by solid shot AP and 2 times and was able to drive off..

SCG_Neun

Posting this for this server..although I just can't stop calling it Advance Tanks and Planes....Anyway, we have a lot of fun in here, despite some of the rude players we run in from time to time....

Edited by SCG_Neun
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi @super-truite, your server is cool, I like it very much.

Does it have a stat page? Any plans to make it (if it doesn't)?

The server have some kind of problem, it not allow a player to start any tank. "The conditions of airfield have changed!"

ickylevel
8 hours ago, GusGT said:

The server have some kind of problem, it not allow a player to start any tank. "The conditions of airfield have changed!"

Ok thanks for the info.

dragon_7611
18 hours ago, GusGT said:

I had such a situation.
You need to try to choose a different tank. This happens if there is no longer a tank on the base that you chose before.

On 6/22/2021 at 7:15 PM, dragon_7611 said:

I had such a situation.
You need to try to choose a different tank. This happens if there is no longer a tank on the base that you chose before.

Hi! I did try it, in all tanks of both sides.

Please less closed maps with woods and buildings, more with open spaces.
And that night Koeln map... hmmm.. Why night? Not to see ugly streets of Koeln?)

super-truite

I have to focus on Real Life stuff ATM. Night Köln is not meant to exist :biggrin: it's a bug, will check what happened if I have time. 
Closed maps were meant to provide more balance between German and Russian tanks, but some are more open in order to provide some more realistic gameplay.
I could balance by removing heavy tanks but I do not like to limit too much the possibilities. 
There was one nice open map I created but I had to remove it because the server crashed often on it (Kerch) I will try to redo it again at some point + others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Remontti

Some of the spawn points are really close to the flags. Could they be further away? Kind of disturbing when you're capturing a flag and you can see enemy tanks spawning 500m front of you (Kuban man for example). Some people are also getting frustrated when they are spawn killed but in this situation you really can't avoid it.

• Upvote 1

LUZITANO
On 6/25/2021 at 7:36 AM, super-truite said:

I have to focus on Real Life stuff ATM.

Oh God, oh no! What a cruel world!!!!! 😄

Are we going to have battles without heavy tanks in the rotation at any point? A mission with heavy tanks is more tiring, requiring people to use 152 as their only defense option. Honestly... after destroying several enemy heavy tanks the Germans get a lot of tanks when recapturing the bases, at some point the game seems to lose its meaning... I would like to have more "early" battles without the heavy ones .

Monostripezebra
On 6/25/2021 at 1:36 PM, super-truite said:

I have to focus on Real Life stuff ATM.

Good luck! I hope you have a nice real life summer, too

• Thanks 1

super-truite

yes, just restarted (again for the regular users I know, I can add you as admin on discord. You just have to write a !restart_server message in one special channel and the server restarts when it crashes)

Dik-Sukjak

Is it true that one side can vote off another sides player if they don't like him?  I was doing some spawn camping because I worked my way up there for it, and some guys in this DD clan on the other side all voted me out....at least I think....my connection was lost immediately thereafter.  I mean this is a war right?  Anyway I've been playing AAS a little more each week and liking it, but if this is a thing, this voting people out nonsense (because you were too stupid to protect your flanks, or to spawn in the same place  under fire twice) - then I'll never come back to it.  I like real war, not War Thunder.

Remontti

Is there anything that can be done to counter team stacking? I get's bit dull when one side outnumbers you 1:2 and nobody gives a heck about team balance. In such case could there be spawn points that would give you an AI wingman. Autobalance? Block heavy tanks spawns if uneven teams?