Jump to content

New PWCG Issues Thread


PatrickAWlson
 Share

Recommended Posts

KevPBur
21 hours ago, DD_Fenrir said:

Hi Pat,

 

Successful mission yet when we attempted an AAR got an error message saying no mission log file could be found?

 

Error log attached.

 

 

Lightning Strikes202104041504352.zip 748.86 kB · 0 downloads

I had exactly the same a couple of days ago. I noticed there was no mission date.json for the mission in the folder PWCGBoS\User\Campaigns\[your mission name]\MissionData.

I did think it odd that PWCG was not running when I alt-tabbed from the game after the mission when I thought I'd left it running. Maybe something had crashed/error when trying to create the json file?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if it's intended or a bug, but on the mission briefing screen, the mission type is always blank, except for night missions. I was wondering if it would be possible to get a mission type identifier there (attack, bombing, low-level bombing, etc.) so I can set up wingmen properly?

 

Example (highlighted yellow part - it does say Night mission! for night missions, which makes me think it's a bug):

 

image.png.7bcb3132999e2304a7c4c879be01fcf9.png

 

This is reproduceable with these steps:

 

1. Start new campaign (any preference)

2. Generate a mission (Mission > Create Mission)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • LukeFF pinned this topic
JG1_Jaus

After half a dozen successful missions, the campaign I've been running for my squad just got hit with the 'unable to find a log set for your last mission' error.   I've attached the error log .txt and campaign zip file as specified by 'Report Error'.  Unfortunately, because I created a new campaign to run for the squad last night, the error log seems to be resaving the mission log from the new campaign and not the one with the problem.   The campaign I've attached is the one with the problem.    The campaign created last night is 'JG1 Campaign'.

 

How do I recover from this?    The 'Missions' page now only offers 'Combat Report', it does not offer the option to start or scrub a mission.   Is there a way to make PWCG 'forget' about this mission?

PWCGErrorLog.zip 1917 Campaign202104160604240.zip

Edited by JG1_Jaus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22.Gr.CT.Ludovisi

I really love PWGC and I played about 200 missions. However, I recenltly bought Bodenplatte for the Me 262 A1 and I found many problems in generated missions for this aircraft/scenario (I haven't problems in interceptor missions with 110G2) such as:

- many strategic intercept without enemy bombers since start of the campaign (so replenish should not be the solution). This seems the most important problem.

- in intercept mission, if I'm not the leader, it is frequent (if enemy are not available) that AI 262 goes for ground attack. It is strange because they did not complete the whole mission points, but they change target in the middle of the mission

- crashes at take off for AI in certain airfield, due to short lenght (they crash against trees).

Thanks for any support and your hard work to improve this software!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JG1_Jaus

New coop campaign issue for the FC version....

 

I had run a coop mission last week in our current campaign.   Finished the mission, processed the report, all is good.


Last night I ran two missions, finished missions, processed reports, all good.  Chalkboard shows kills from the two missions.

 

Closed PWCG and later reopened it and the chalkboard is reset to last weeks results.    I tried re-processing the combat report but the report that got processed was the one from last week!   

 

The strange part is that, although the chalkboard appears to be reset to the previous weeks mission results.   the journal for the reference pilot shows the two missions run last night and the kills confirmed.    The squadron log however shows only the first of the two missions from last night, but not the second.

 

I've attached the requested files for review.

PWCGErrorLog.txt JG1 Campaign202104201004287.zip

Link to comment
Share on other sites

migmadmarine

Not seeing any AA spawn at home field in the current version, or for quite a while for that matter. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Same here, I have come to the conclusion that the anti-aircraft units at all my many  different airfields have all gone on strike.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mtnbiker1998

The new iconic missions tab doesn't seem to be working for me, I only get an option to finish along with some "Iconic missions:" text.

I redownloaded PWCG and tried it without my old User folder to see if either of those were causing errors.

 

Is there some setup that I need to do? Maybe run a campaign during that event for the tool to recognize it?

 

image.thumb.png.a660b1a264d8b3d6b76c725f971a7c8b.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PatrickAWlson
3 hours ago, Mtnbiker1998 said:

The new iconic missions tab doesn't seem to be working for me, I only get an option to finish along with some "Iconic missions:" text.

I redownloaded PWCG and tried it without my old User folder to see if either of those were causing errors.

 

Is there some setup that I need to do? Maybe run a campaign during that event for the tool to recognize it?

 

image.thumb.png.a660b1a264d8b3d6b76c725f971a7c8b.png

 

My mistake.  Deploy, package build error.  I will get it fixed quickly

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22.Gr.CT.Ludovisi

I've got CTD with the 12.1.1. starting witha new single player campaign. When I accept the mission, just before generating, I've got the error message. The log is attached. The generation of a mission within a campaign build up with the old version (12.0.0) is ok. The problem is with the new campaign.

Thanks for help.

PWCGErrorLog.txt

Edited by 22.Gr.CT.Ludovisi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

PatrickAWlson

Something is going wrong with the tactical code marker.  It appears to be trying to mark German planes which do not support the feature..  I will get that fixed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

King_Franky

Hi Pat,

 

just uploaded Vers. 12.1.1 and after starting the generator the first time it shows vers. 12.1.0.

I deleted the whole PWCGBoS-File before.

 

Did I something wrong or is just the version number shown not up to date?

 

image.png.99d7998e573741e01c3347cdb58ebbbe.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello,

 

I tried a mission with the JU52. My first mission was to transport things from one Airport to another Airport. But when I arrived at the target Airport my KI member didn't land. He gets to the next waypoint without landing. Can't the KI do this mission?

 

In the waypoint description it creates 3 climb waypoints up to 2200m and then a rendezvous point down to 700m and then next waypoint up to 2200 again?

And the waypoint near the target airport is 500m and named approach but no land waypoint and next one is approach again at the start airport.

 

Still correct or went something wrong?

 

(sorry for my bad English)

 

Edited by Elron
Link to comment
Share on other sites

aust3298
3 hours ago, King_Franky said:

Hi Pat,

 

just uploaded Vers. 12.1.1 and after starting the generator the first time it shows vers. 12.1.0.

I deleted the whole PWCGBoS-File before.

 

Did I something wrong or is just the version number shown not up to date?

 

image.png.99d7998e573741e01c3347cdb58ebbbe.png

Same here.  I think the 12.1.1 may still be id as 12.1.0.  I installed BOS and FC twice just to make sure I had done what I thought and both still showed as 12.1.0.

 

Iconic Missions option is there and the plane mods in BOS works fine.

Edited by aust3298
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just loaded the latest versions, for spitfire Mk IX, most modifications were lost (mirror, 150 octane ...°

image.thumb.png.621f4892ca2e794b7d3265e6ec72a3b3.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PatrickAWlson
15 minutes ago, jeanba said:

I just loaded the latest versions, for spitfire Mk IX, most modifications were lost (mirror, 150 octane ...°

image.thumb.png.621f4892ca2e794b7d3265e6ec72a3b3.png

 

See release notes: you get them automatically.  The ones that are left are user managed.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok, I understand what you meant now by "make the most common modification standard" !

Anyway, for BoN, you will have to forget 150 octane !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hope this is the right thread for this.

 

After generating a Rheinland campaign (RAF) and a mission, it doesn't show up in the mission list. I checked if I owned the plane, but the Spitfire Mk IXe comes with the DLC so that should not be a problem. Gave all the assigned pilots the Mk. IXe but same issue. Am I missing something here?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PatrickAWlson
14 hours ago, jeanba said:

Ok, I understand what you meant now by "make the most common modification standard" !

Anyway, for BoN, you will have to forget 150 octane !

 

The opposite.  You will always have 150 octane for planes that can use it.  Check your plane in game when you start the mission,  It should have 150 octane fuel and a mirror,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

 

The opposite.  You will always have 150 octane for planes that can use it.  Check your plane in game when you start the mission,  It should have 150 octane fuel and a mirror,

What I mean is that 150 octane was available starting from september 1944, so it should not be available during the battle of Normandy (maybe you make a mod "standrad" as a function of date ?)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PatrickAWlson

At the moment PWCG only starts in September 1944 in the west so it should be OK.  Appreciate the note and agree that I am going to have to add availability dates to a lot of these mods.

10 hours ago, Spotnl said:

Hope this is the right thread for this.

 

After generating a Rheinland campaign (RAF) and a mission, it doesn't show up in the mission list. I checked if I owned the plane, but the Spitfire Mk IXe comes with the DLC so that should not be a problem. Gave all the assigned pilots the Mk. IXe but same issue. Am I missing something here?

 

Is the mission actually in the PWCG folder?  Look in <your install>\data\missions\PWCG

 

Alternatively, press "Report Error" and post the zip.  I can look at it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

At the moment PWCG only starts in September 1944 in the west so it should be OK.  Appreciate the note and agree that I am going to have to add availability dates to a lot of these mods.

 

Is the mission actually in the PWCG folder?  Look in <your install>\data\missions\PWCG

 

Alternatively, press "Report Error" and post the zip.  I can look at it.

 

Yes, they are. Sorry, I should've mentioned that.

Anyway, here you are and thank you for your help

Spot Lowlands202104291704635.zip

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PatrickAWlson
1 hour ago, Spotnl said:

 

Yes, they are. Sorry, I should've mentioned that.

Anyway, here you are and thank you for your help

Spot Lowlands202104291704635.zip 614.08 kB · 0 downloads

 

I'm not sure what's up.  The player plane is a Spitfire IX.  I dropped the mission and flew it.  It started with no problem.  I flew it through takeoff before I quit.

 

Guessing here:

First possibility: could your licenses not be up to date?   You just have to play the game logged in (not offline) to be sure.  

Second possibility: delete the msbin file and try to get the game to load it from the .mission text file.

Third possibility: delete the msbin, open the mission in the ME and resave.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PatrickAWlson said:

 

I'm not sure what's up.  The player plane is a Spitfire IX.  I dropped the mission and flew it.  It started with no problem.  I flew it through takeoff before I quit.

 

Guessing here:

First possibility: could your licenses not be up to date?   You just have to play the game logged in (not offline) to be sure.  

Second possibility: delete the msbin file and try to get the game to load it from the .mission text file.

Third possibility: delete the msbin, open the mission in the ME and resave.

 

 

I'm guessing I'm logged in, I see my Steam username in the top right corner. I'm online in any case. The other two possibilities did not work, I'm afraid. Do I need more DLC maybe? I just have BoS and Bodenplatte.

 

I'm going to verify the game integrity, just to cover my bases lol

EDIT: Nope, didn't work. I'll just wait for your response but otherwise delete and reinstall? I have no idea.

Edited by Spotnl
Link to comment
Share on other sites

PatrickAWlson
22 minutes ago, Spotnl said:

 

 

I'm guessing I'm logged in, I see my Steam username in the top right corner. I'm online in any case. The other two possibilities did not work, I'm afraid. Do I need more DLC maybe? I just have BoS and Bodenplatte.

 

I'm going to verify the game integrity, just to cover my bases lol

 

Bodenplatte is the one that you need.  Can you fly the Spitfire Mk IX in QMB?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

 

Bodenplatte is the one that you need.  Can you fly the Spitfire Mk IX in QMB?

 

 

Yup, that was no problem 

 

Mission is still not showing up :(

20210429202000_1.jpg

20210429202329_1.jpg

Edited by Spotnl
Link to comment
Share on other sites

PatrickAWlson
Posted (edited)

Are you looking in the PWCG folder? - Never mind, I see the folder open icon now.

Edited by PatrickAWlson
Link to comment
Share on other sites

bgreman

My reading of the code located here https://github.com/PWCGDeveloper/PWCGCampaign/blob/00eea114439446e3785a2a64e0cceeda9b50330f/src/main/java/pwcg/campaign/resupply/equipment/EquipmentUpgradeHandler.java#L50  makes me believe that AI PlanyType Upgrading will not work.  The code is the same path as for upgrading the player squadron, and so non-player squadrons will never meet the condition and thus never upgrade.  The related tests only seem to test whether the player squadron upgrade functionality works properly.  If there's a test path for upgrading AI squadrons, I can't find it.

Of course, if this logic isn't being used the way I think it's being used, this could be errant, which is why I wanted to ask about it here rather than filing a GitHub issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PatrickAWlson
1 hour ago, bgreman said:

My reading of the code located here https://github.com/PWCGDeveloper/PWCGCampaign/blob/00eea114439446e3785a2a64e0cceeda9b50330f/src/main/java/pwcg/campaign/resupply/equipment/EquipmentUpgradeHandler.java#L50  makes me believe that AI PlanyType Upgrading will not work.  The code is the same path as for upgrading the player squadron, and so non-player squadrons will never meet the condition and thus never upgrade.  The related tests only seem to test whether the player squadron upgrade functionality works properly.  If there's a test path for upgrading AI squadrons, I can't find it.

Of course, if this logic isn't being used the way I think it's being used, this could be errant, which is why I wanted to ask about it here rather than filing a GitHub issue.

 

 

You read that correctly.   Thanks for the heads up.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Are you looking in the PWCG folder? - Never mind, I see the folder open icon now.

 

Is there anything else I can try? It's pretty weird, I don't use mods or anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

bgreman
3 minutes ago, Spotnl said:

 

Is there anything else I can try? It's pretty weird, I don't use mods or anything.

 

Complete guess here, but does your game happen to be installed in Program Files or Program Files (x86) or some other location where Windows might be restricting PWCG from writing files?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PatrickAWlson
1 hour ago, bgreman said:

 

Complete guess here, but does your game happen to be installed in Program Files or Program Files (x86) or some other location where Windows might be restricting PWCG from writing files?

 

The file was written and is in the proper location.   Spotni posted it and I ran the mission without issue.  Usually when the game refuses to show a mission it is because the player does not own a plane.  In this case Spotni owns the plane as he can fly it in QMB.  Really confused by this one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PatrickAWlson
3 hours ago, Spotnl said:

 

Is there anything else I can try? It's pretty weird, I don't use mods or anything.

 

Three things:

Try taking 1 days leave and generating another mission.  

Try generating a campaign/mission for a different unit on a different map

Try generating a campaign/mission for a different unit on the Bodenplatte map

Link to comment
Share on other sites

greybeard_52
On 4/28/2021 at 10:12 PM, PatrickAWlson said:

See release notes

Please, WHERE they are?

 

I read somewhere that individual identification codes have been introduced with PWCG v.12, currently working only for P-51 (sorry, I was unable to find again where I read these notes in the sheer chaos customary in forums). Purposedly, I setup a P-51 career but no juice: I'm getting no codes on Mustangs fuselage sides...☹️ Should I need something else in addition to the pack "PWCGBoS 12.1.1"? Hereby I thank Pat Wilson for this improvement: I missed so much some "individuality" of aircraft! Can't wait to see numbers on German and Russian fighters!🤤

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

At the moment PWCG only starts in September 1944 in the west so it should be OK.  Appreciate the note and agree that I am going to have to add availability dates to a lot of these mods.

 

When was the 11" boost Tempest avialble, it was late 44 / early 45 I think ?

14 minutes ago, greybeard_52 said:

Please, WHERE they are?

 

I usually read release notes here :

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PatrickAWlson

The short version is posted in the original post.  The longer version is posted as a new post on page 38 of that thread.  From that post ...

 

Where did my favorite mod go?  if you don't see it then it is considered a "stock" modification and will always be there. The planes have more modifications than PWCG can handle visually.  The Pfalz alone has 9.  This new system auto adds the mods that most people will use anyway.  How many Allied pilots really refuse to use 150 octane fuel?  A further advantage is that the Ai flights will also have access to these mods, where before they did not.  The AI probably doesn't need a mirror but it can certainly use better gas.  Open to discussion as to which ones should or should not be automatically used.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

greybeard_52
6 hours ago, jeanba said:

I usually read release notes here...

Thanks, now I found where I read those hints:

"Use auto generated unit codes
- From Murleen
- Makes use of the new unit code decal feature
- Only available on the P51 for now
"

 

Remains the question of why I don't get those unit codes...🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Varibraun
1 hour ago, greybeard_52 said:

Remains the question of why I don't get those unit codes...🤔

 

Sounds like it is still a work in progress getting it to work correctly since it is a brand new feature with moving parts regarding skins etc.  Check out Pat's post below and then read the dialog with @No457_Stonehouse.  It's not just you, but I am sure it will all get ironed out for PWCG automation as they have a chance to work with it and it gets released for more aircraft.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PatrickAWlson

How and when to apply it is an issue.  Markings should not be applied to most skins because they already have markings.   We need unmarked planes in squadron colors.  Then we need to configure those in PWCG to let PWCG know to apply the decals.  Then, only for those planes, PWCG can ask the game to apply markings.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

PatrickAWlson
6 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

How and when to apply it is an issue.  Markings should not be applied to most skins because they already have markings.   We need unmarked planes in squadron colors.  Then we need to configure those in PWCG to let PWCG know to apply the decals.  Then, only for those planes, PWCG can ask the game to apply markings.

 

352nd is a bad outfit because there is no good unmarked squadron skin.  354th has much more generic skins so I am messing around with making the squadron skin the generic default.  Not there yet but it will be working soon enough.  Murleen's initial design is a good one that will be easily extensible as more planes can take advantage.  Just needs some tweaking and we'll be there..

 

At this point expectations need to be tempered.  it only works for one plane. We only have one unmarked skin to work with.  That unmarked skin is only useful for one unit, and even then far from ideal.  having said that, we will get this working for P51s and be in a good position to expand it when the game is ready to support it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...