New PWCG Issues Thread

PatrickAWlson

3 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

I am curious as to whether game changes might have caused an issue.  So regardless of PWCG version, are your coop missions still running?

Hi Pat.  'Fraid we can't help yet.  We have not run the campaign since the game was updated on Wednesday.  Our next mission is scheduled for Tuesday 22nd.:salute:

6 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

I am curious as to whether game changes might have caused an issue.  So regardless of PWCG version, are your coop missions still running?

Our last event was Sunday the 13th December and all was fine then; not tested under latest game update.

I have an issue with the GUI in the latest version: the list of active campaigns that I have is quite long, too long to fit on one page, but currently it looks like the scrollbar is missing on the right side of the campaign list, so I can't scroll down to the end of my campaign list or to the option to create a new campaign or delete one.

PatrickAWlson
12 hours ago, ptisinge said:

I have an issue with the GUI in the latest version: the list of active campaigns that I have is quite long, too long to fit on one page, but currently it looks like the scrollbar is missing on the right side of the campaign list, so I can't scroll down to the end of my campaign list or to the option to create a new campaign or delete one.

There is no scroll bar as I never did anticipate somebody running more than a dozen simultaneous campaigns.  Suggestion: archive a few of them (just zip up the User directory and then delete the ones you are not actively flying).

Hi Pat - I am about to finish this campaign and wanted to zip it for you before I moved on to the next one (especially since it will likely be some time before I am back to a point to use the "East" Map again).  Three errors to report:

1) Mission Generation Fail on the East Maps - Maybe related to mission generating off active map area?  If I go into the Intel Map Screen and pull/scroll the map over the active AF, it will then usually generate a mission after one or two tries.  But I have to do this after every mission to get a successful mission generation.

2) My current German Ace is not reflecting on the non-historical aces screen.  He has 40 victories, but another AI ace is still showing up with 39 instead.

Update: He obtained 2 more victories in the next mission and now shows appropriately with on the board with 42 (paperwork delay due to a lazy adjutant I am sure). 

3) Historical Ace Gunther Rall is transferred to squadron after ever mission.

Those minor items aside (with the workaround for #1), this has been an awesome campaign for me starting at the beginning of Kuban to fly P-39s, to end up mostly flying the dominant K-4.  Hoping my leading ace, Gerhardt Boch, can survive another week or so to survive the war.  Thanks as always for applying your talent to create PWCG.  I am looking forward to my next campaign with some Hurricane action!

Aces over Kuban202012191412281.zip

Edited by Varibraun

5 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

There is no scroll bar as I never did anticipate somebody running more than a dozen simultaneous campaigns.  Suggestion: archive a few of them (just zip up the User directory and then delete the ones you are not actively flying).

Ah, OK. For some reason I thought there was one previously. Maybe something changed in the way the GUI is scaling though? In the previous version that I used (I might have skipped one or two version recently, but not more than that) I could access all of my campaigns (I didn't create any new ones). Having said that, it's fine, I'm happy to just zip some away as I tend to go back to bomber campaigns much more rarely than the fighter ones, so that's how I end up with a dozen of them - it's not that I play them all at the same time.

Hi Pat,

I'm 3 missions into a Hurricane Campaign with the 651 Fighter Regmt on Kuban map April 1943, when I generate a mission it says the squadron will be equipped with 4x 20mm cannon and 2 x bombs but when I go to fly the missions the a.i. Hurricanes have the basic 8x browning and no bombs, not sure if this is me doing something wrong or an issue.

Huge thanks for all your work... love the PWCG  

Regards.

17 minutes ago, stiboo said:

Hi Pat,

I'm 3 missions into a Hurricane Campaign with the 651 Fighter Regmt on Kuban map April 1943, when I generate a mission it says the squadron will be equipped with 4x 20mm cannon and 2 x bombs but when I go to fly the missions the a.i. Hurricanes have the basic 8x browning and no bombs, not sure if this is me doing something wrong or an issue.

Regards.

You can apply loadouts from in the game, it doesn't mess up the mission.

20 hours ago, JG51-Hetzer said:

You can apply loadouts from in the game, it doesn't mess up the mission.

Hi thanks for the reply,  yes I can change my own plane loadout, but can I can change the a.i. planes loadout in my squadron when in the game? 

All the missions so far have been attacking tanks and the .303 brownings don't do much to tanks!

Thanks

On 12/18/2020 at 1:19 PM, PatrickAWlson said:

Update:

I just ran the mission.  Everything worked just fine.  All three coop aircraft were available to occupy.  I chose the first one.  Started the mission.  I spawned as did all of the other planes in the flight.  The flight leader took off as expected.

Just ran the second mission and that worked too.

FYI - We ran two 2 man Coop missions yesterday without any problems with the remote player occupying the a/c.  

Patrick, does PWCG track player injury? I have noticed several times that the game displays the message "I am injured", but after the flight there are no signs of injury.
Perhaps the player's injuries are ignored, like the historical aces?

1 minute ago, Kur12 said:

Patrick, does PWCG track player injury? I have noticed several times that the game displays the message "I am injured", but after the flight there are no signs of injury.

I was wounded and had to take 16 days leave to bring me back to action, it wouldn't allow me to fly before that was done. I think the severity of the wound counts towards that.

[808_BOB]_Dafak-man

In the advanced configuration you can pick the maximum severity of player pilot injuries, ranging from none at all, to light, heavy and death. AI Pilots injuries are not affected by this setting.

3 часа назад, [808_BOB]Dafak-man сказал:

In the advanced configuration you can pick the maximum severity of player pilot injuries, ranging from none at all, to light, heavy and death. AI Pilots injuries are not affected by this setting.

I have 4 there - death. Death works. Wounds do not work.

PatrickAWlson
6 hours ago, Kur12 said:

Short answer is yes, it does.  There is lightly wounded status where you may be out some number of weeks or seriously wounded status where you may be out for months.

It is possible that the game and PWCG are interpreting the same information differently.  If your bot is wounded less  than 25% you lose no time as the injury is considered by PWCG to be very minor.  However, the game might still tell you that you are wounded.

it is also possible that the logs and in game results are simply different.  PWCG takes in what the logs tell it.  PWCG has no access to what the game thinks other than what it gets from the logs.  What is in the logs is not always what the game says or what you perceive.  I wish there was more correlation between the logs and in game results but it is what it is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Patrick, the setting is not working properly:
Configuration - Advanced Config - Fighter Mission Type
First there were the default settings:

image.png.56fb1389a0952f3fc69c9d33d92894e5.png

With default settings I created 30 missions and counted them. Out of 30, 9 Ground Attack missions and 4 INTERCEPT missions turned out (43%)
I really don't like the Ground Attack and INTERCEPT missions, so I changed the settings like this:

image.png.833973bcd0d48ee91ebd91af9962a7a6.png

Then I created 30 missions again. Out of 30, 6 Ground Attack missions and 6 INTERCEPT missions turned out (40%). Those. actually nothing has changed! It turns out that this setting is not involved at all when creating a mission.

Edited by Kur12

PatrickAWlson
4 hours ago, Kur12 said:

Patrick, the setting is not working properly:
Configuration - Advanced Config - Fighter Mission Type
First there were the default settings:

image.png.56fb1389a0952f3fc69c9d33d92894e5.png

With default settings I created 30 missions and counted them. Out of 30, 9 Ground Attack missions and 4 INTERCEPT missions turned out (43%)
I really don't like the Ground Attack and INTERCEPT missions, so I changed the settings like this:

image.png.833973bcd0d48ee91ebd91af9962a7a6.png

Then I created 30 missions again. Out of 30, 6 Ground Attack missions and 6 INTERCEPT missions turned out (40%). Those. actually nothing has changed! It turns out that this setting is not involved at all when creating a mission.

It used to work exactly based on those odds but has been superseded some time ago.  Right now the squadron role odds will determine which bucket the mission is chosen from: say ground attack or fighter.  Once within a bucket the odds above come back into play.  To get fewer ground attack missions the squadron file would have to be changed.

• Thanks 1

On 12/20/2020 at 10:55 PM, stiboo said:

Hi Pat,

Regards.

Ok problem solved - when in PWCG pilot selection page, if you select additional ammo it defaults the in game Hurricanes to the basic 8x 303,  if not selected the a.i. Hurricanes have the correct loadout when in-game.

Not sure if this has been an issue for others or whether it is something new but,  I cannot for the love of me see  any of the coop campaign generated in the software as an option to select when I go to create a server. Help! My Dad really wants to fly a mission with me and I would really like to make this work. 

28 minutes ago, SplinterPleaseshifter said:

Not sure if this has been an issue for others or whether it is something new but,  I cannot for the love of me see  any of the coop campaign generated in the software as an option to select when I go to create a server. Help! My Dad really wants to fly a mission with me and I would really like to make this work. 

Go to multiplayer, select Co-op, select continue, scroll down and add a co-op mission in the left box to the box on the right, hit continue/select (green button bottom-right).

Edited by JG51-Hetzer

8 hours ago, JG51-Hetzer said:

Go to multiplayer, select Co-op, select continue, scroll down and add a co-op mission in the left box to the box on the right, hit continue/select (green button bottom-right).

Yeah I got that far. Issue is the campaign I created does not show in the left box even though I created it in PWCG. You know what I mean? I figured the files are not being recognised under multi player or something. 

29 minutes ago, SplinterPleaseshifter said:

Yeah I got that far. Issue is the campaign I created does not show in the left box even though I created it in PWCG. You know what I mean? I figured the files are not being recognised under multi player or something. 

Are you seeing PWCG write the binary file?

8 hours ago, JG51-Hetzer said:

Are you seeing PWCG write the binary file?

Yes it has created all the files in the PWCBoS folder .JSON  

24 minutes ago, SplinterPleaseshifter said:

Yes it has created all the files in the PWCBoS folder .JSON  

Although I thought file name was a little unusual 

actually I realised what you mean. I have had to mess around with mission editor until it took me to a page that allowed me to accept mission. Loading now fingers crossed. 

NVM...I found it.

Edited by Vishnu
Answered my own question

Hello there

I'm new to PWCG and have just started a Moscow campaign as a BF109 pilot, flown 2 missions. First mission no kills claimed therefore no problem. 2nd Mission I get 2 kills, a MIG3 and an IL-2 Mod.1941, but the kills have been denied for my stats and I remain at 0 kills

I have attached the error zip and hope somebody with more experience could have a look at the files and maybe tell me if it is me doing something wrong.

thanks in advance

Alex

Moskau202101022201314.zip

Edited by Vishnu
Figured out the problem

Garafrax

Hi Patrick, I've got another sample of a misplaced airfield start location that could help you debug takeoff formation positioning.

I'm flying La-5s from Illarionovskiy.  Missions start on the runway.  I've flown multiple times from this airstrip and everything works when there are up to 4 planes on the mission.  This mission generated a 6 plane formation and the lead plane AI messes up the takeoff.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start mission 'Stalingrad 1942-08-11 GROUND_ATTACK'
  2. Wait and watch (using F2 to see down the runway from a higher vantage)

What I saw:

The lead plane does not take off.  It taxiis off the runway and around to the right using the taxiway.  It taxis around to the back of the waiting take-off formation.  The lead plane moves right up to my plane, trying to take my exact position on the ground.  As soon as it runs into my plane and stops then the number 2 plane in formation takes off, followed by planes 3-5 as normal.

What I expected to see:

The lead plane should take off then the other planes should follow.

Stalingrad202101031601527.zip

Takeoff formation AI error.jpg

Garafrax

I advanced my Stalingrad campaign and found a second bugged airfield start.  The Davydovskiy airfield start is slightly too far forward and to the left.  When the mission starts I'm in a "taxi to the runway" state while sitting on the runway.  I have to taxi back around to the end of the runway to get clearance for takeoff.  Picture and mission attached.

I don't know if it's a coincidence that I've tried two different airfields in this campaign and they have similar problems with incorrect start positions: either both starts are a few plane lengths too far west, or the takeoff waypoint is being placed a few plane lengths too far east and south.

Davydovskiy-start-pos.jpg

Stalingrad 1942-10-31.zip

I've had it several times where I'm waiting at the back to take off, and the planes in front never move or get clearance.  I just taxi around and go alone.  Kinda sucks.

Hi, Is there a way to see how many days a player is injured?

P.S: Sorry this post must be here: This is where we will discuss PWCG for BOS

Edited by Spark_23
P.S

PatrickAWlson
12 hours ago, Spark_23 said:

Hi, Is there a way to see how many days a player is injured?

P.S: Sorry this post must be here: This is where we will discuss PWCG for BOS

If you go to the leave screen (your campaign->Activities->Leave) you will see the number of days leave required to recover from an injury

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had a strange mission the other day... working as intended? Bomber intercept wherein the climb waypoints took me to 8400m (in the MiG-3). Saw no bombers all the way up there, but got some pretty pictures. Total 50 minutes round trip.

I also note that the climb waypoints had speed listed at 230kph which seems to me an unsafely slow speed for a MiG climb. Is that the proper cruise climb speed? I saw there was a separate question about default cruise speed for the Hurricane, maybe they are related.

Thanks as always Pat, brilliant app.

3.3.thumb.png.1210aab872cfb8f2e622818f6dd41364.png2021_1_26__7_5_8.thumb.jpg.6bd9ef1cdf1e79ea226fc651caf69f54.jpg

Varibraun

New "Object undefined" error during 11.9.1 mission generation: LuaScripts\WorldObjects\bridge_railroad_200.txt

Error report attached.

Thanks!

Aces over Europe202101272101614.zip

Occurred again in generating the next mission.  Right now, it appears to be putting a hard stop on the campaign.  (Edit - just keep hitting enter until you get through all the pop-ups...my last mission had 42, so just be a little patient, only takes a few seconds).  No problems last night on Stalingrad map, but the Campaign just moved to the Kuban and the error started. 

New error report attached.

Thank you!

Aces over Europe202101272101357.zip

Edited by Varibraun

PatrickAWlson

bridge_railroad_200 is used all over the place.  It is also still defined in the in game files.  Not really understanding why that would be undefined.

Hi,

Installed latest version 11.9.1 for FC this morning and now getting errors when creating mission. See attached error log.

Already checked & updated java to latest version.

All worked well yesterday with version 11.8.1.

I did the install of 11.9.1 because none of the missions would be closed successfully. They all hung on primary object and never getting return to base. Despite shooting multiple planes (only flying fighter missions). 

PWCGErrorLog.txt

Varibraun
11 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

bridge_railroad_200 is used all over the place.  It is also still defined in the in game files.  Not really understanding why that would be undefined.

Okay, I will keep experimenting over the weekend, I only had time to try it a couple of times last night and only tried one squadron.  FWIW - This is the first time I can remember seeing this error during the campaign in game loading/generation screen (where it just hangs and won't load), as opposed to it popping up during a mission flight (and being easy to just click away and keep flying).

Thanks for all your efforts!

Edited by Varibraun

PatrickAWlson

You sent me the campaign so hopefully I can recreate it.   I have flown 11.9.1 quite a bit before releasing and never seen this issue.  Over that time I tested on Stalingrad, Kuban, and Bodenplatte.  Still, it's easy to miss something when the problem appears in the actual mission.

Varibraun
35 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

You sent me the campaign so hopefully I can recreate it. 

Thanks Pat - Also, I used bad terminology above (corrected), the PWCG mission generates fine through the binary process and appears correctly in the in game PWCG mission folder.  The error occurs during the in game mission loading screen.  So, you will see the error immediately if you can recreate it.

• LukeFF pinned this topic