New PWCG Issues Thread

PatrickAWlson

11 hours ago, busdriver said:

I'm not co-op mission savy, did you exit BoX completely or simply Alt-Tab to PWCG? The only time I have gotten that message was when BoX was not running.

Yes, I Alt-Tabed from IL2 to PWCG after leaving the server, before the mission restarted.

PatrickAWlson
On 2/3/2021 at 5:55 PM, ACG_Kev said:

Hi Pat..

I have the same issue when generating a mission in the Kuban map.. The game will freeze at the loading screen and I have to stop IL2 with the task manager.

issue.PNG

So I have a much better understanding of what is causing this.  Still somewhat speculative on my part but it makes sense.  The issue is connected to malformed script entries.  My first "fix" just removed the entity from offending objects.  That was all that I knew to do.  Working with it tonight I realized exactly which data parameter is wrong.  That in turn led to me what I think is causing the problem.  If you do not have an entity a malformed script entry probably does not matter.  Add the entity and now that entry is needed.  

Good news is that it is my fault. That means that I can fix it.  I have tested fixes for the bridges (fix the script) and the small warehouse (remove the one and only instance of it - seems not to exist anymore).  Now that I understand the problem fixes further instances should be much more straight forward.

Looks like some incorrect entries are in the Kuban ground object files.  Looks like the other maps are OK.  If not just post here.  Tell me which map you are on and post a pic of the error popup so I know what I'm looking for.

Hi Pat

I'm getting an error when trying to generate a mission with the latest version of PWCG, the error occurs with either a German or Soviet career. The error only seems to be on the Stalingrad map though as I've tried missions on the Moscow and Bodenplatte map and it works fine. 

Cheers

PWCGErrorLog.txt

I have an error similar (perhaps the same) as bluefox.
Update: confirmed the error doesn't occur in 11.10.1 - error only happens in 11.10.2

PWCGErrorLog.txt

Edited by Pinguim

Missionbug

Hello Pat, not sure this is a problem with the generator or not but here goes.;)

I have been trying out a campaign using the Tempest from Grimbergen, near to Brussels, however, that city is not visible if I fly near by, others are within the area of the missions, could this be a problem with the generator?

Different settings have been tried out regarding object detail in the generator and for my game settings as far as detail and distance and so on but it has no effect.

Brussels is such a lovely city.:cray:

Any thoughts please Pat?

Edit:  Forgot to say I have tried each map in the Q.M.B. and flown a mission from the 'Wind of Fury' campaign and Brussels is there.

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Edited by Missionbug

Hi Pat..

Thanks for looking into the issue.. As always amazing work.. You're effort it much appreciated!!

Hi Pat,

I have 3 allied campaigns going on the Bodenplatte map.  The issues are 1. If assigned an air field strike mission there are no targets at the air field.  2.  At my air base and the alt. bases there is little or no AAA or AA coverage. 

As for the air base coverage it is nice to be able to drag the enemy planes over the friendly base and have AAA & AA  engage them.  As has been pointed out when the landing  circuit  has started the AI we not defend them self's and you are left alone against 2 to 4 enemy planes.  I have seen them go after landing planes and of course  others engaging me.  So again I would great to have the AAA & AA back as was in previous versions of PWCG.

Edited by Taxman

PatrickAWlson

@Missionbug Not a bug.  By default PWCG keeps what is in the mission box.  Go to simple config and set structure density to medium to expand that to cover your airfield area.  Set it to high to add structures all over the map. 

Not sure that it affects performance that much but mission file size and load time are definitely affected.

Missionbug

Hello Pat, thank you very much for the reply, really appreciated, I will try what you suggest and report back.:drinks:

Take care and be safe.

Missionbug

Hello again Pat, after trying various things unfortunately I still have the issue with Brussels not showing when using the generator.:cray:

So, first of all I tried each of the settings you specified with no change.

Next up I deleted that particular career because I was unsure whether the changes specified would apply to a existing mission/career, started afresh and still the same, no Brussels.

I looked to the mod folder next, removed the Rhineland tree and texture mods just in case, again the same.

Now out of ideas I removed the generator, both of them actually and shut down after removing the existing missions folder.

Once fired up again I downloaded a new version just in case I had mucked up the install originally and again set up a 56sqdn career flying the Tempest, flew the first mission but unfortunately Brussels is still not visible with either of the recommended settings so I am out of ideas.

Seems odd that all other detail in the area appears to be there, and is using Q.M.B. and the Tempest campaign, I could understand if it was obvious many other things were not showing but other large cities/towns however we describe them can be seen from quite a distance within the mission area.

Any thoughts please Pat, is there any kind of log might help?

Take care and be safe.

Moved on from Stalingrad campaign (fantastic!) to Kuban and got this .. any ideas?

20210216_101847_HDR.thumb.jpg.20395a34059231b247995a85d2dc32dc.jpg

Started a new Kuban campaign and got this:

20210208_143700_HDR.thumb.jpg.351bdf5d3c5b8e0b98f1aa69d988d475.jpg

PatrickAWlson
8 hours ago, tuck4412 said:

Moved on from Stalingrad campaign (fantastic!) to Kuban and got this .. any ideas?

20210216_101847_HDR.thumb.jpg.20395a34059231b247995a85d2dc32dc.jpg

Started a new Kuban campaign and got this:

20210208_143700_HDR.thumb.jpg.351bdf5d3c5b8e0b98f1aa69d988d475.jpg

That was fixed in 11.10.2.  Recommend downloading latest and installing.

• Like 1

PWNKsktcBTY

Was going to create an a-6 campaign, and ran into an error in the campaign generation process. When selecting the months 01/11/1943 and 01/12/1943, pwcg automatically generated error reports. This was under 'luftwaffe,' 'all maps,' and specifically choosing the 'attack' role. The error box showed up specifically when pressing 'next' to move from the 'pilot rank' field to the 'squadron' field.

PWCGErrorLog.txt

Edited by PWNKsktcBTY

Hello Pat,

Have two comments on the mission (version 11.11.0)
- Problems with the start of the flight leader.
- Bombers immediately break formation and act as fighters.
Could you please take a look at this. Not sure if you need the zip-file.
Thanks and greetings

PWCGErrorLog.txt

Edited by Almenas

PatrickAWlson
36 minutes ago, Almenas said:

Hello Pat,

Have two comments on the mission (version 11.11.0)
- Problems with the start of the flight leader.
- Bombers immediately break formation and act as fighters.
Could you please take a look at this. Not sure if you need the zip-file.
Thanks and greetings

PWCGErrorLog.txt 1.91 kB · 0 downloads

These are in game issues so to do anything I would need the mission files.  If you use the "Report Error" button it will zip up the campaign and missions.  If that is too big to post then just zipping up the mission files (all of them, not just the .mission) should do. 

Bombers acting like fighters has long been an issue.  Much less so since version 10 or 11.  I do not hold out much hope for figuring out why the AI chooses to do this.  As for problems starting as flight leader - is that from parked or on the runway?  Parked is a half baked feature in the game that may or may not work.

DD_Fenrir

Hi Pat,

Just had a coop participants persona registered as KIA despite a safe bailout in within friendly territory; he followed his pilots progression under the silk till he met terra firma and sat there looking mildly dejected thankful at least to still be among the living.

Sufficed to say we were both a bit surprised when PWCG rendered him dead! Is there any way I can Lazarus the fellow back into existence? 

PatrickAWlson
1 hour ago, DD_Fenrir said:

Hi Pat,

Just had a coop participants persona registered as KIA despite a safe bailout in within friendly territory; he followed his pilots progression under the silk till he met terra firma and sat there looking mildly dejected thankful at least to still be among the living.

Sufficed to say we were both a bit surprised when PWCG rendered him dead! Is there any way I can Lazarus the fellow back into existence? 

Can you press "report error" to create the zip?  I would need the log files to understand why he was killed.

PWCG declares a pilot dead only if there is a "destroyed" even associated with his bot.  I would be curious to see if such an event is in the logs.

Resuscitation would require digging into the personnel JSON files and setting his status to alive, which I think is zero. Negative numbers indicate various states of incapacitation.

Curious.....I can't seem to find any squadrons in any map that uses the HS 129.    Let me know if I'm just blind...thanks guys!!   (I should have said in PWCG)

Edited by Vishnu

PatrickAWlson
5 hours ago, Vishnu said:

Curious.....I can't seem to find any squadrons in any map that uses the HS 129.    Let me know if I'm just blind...thanks guys!!   (I should have said in PWCG)

Luftwaffe. 

Attack. 

Kuban Map

HS 129 starts on March 1 1943

4.(Pz)/Sch.G.2

Edited by PatrickAWlson

PatrickAWlson
On 2/13/2021 at 6:22 PM, bluefox said:

Hi Pat

I'm getting an error when trying to generate a mission with the latest version of PWCG, the error occurs with either a German or Soviet career. The error only seems to be on the Stalingrad map though as I've tried missions on the Moscow and Bodenplatte map and it works fine. 

Cheers

PWCGErrorLog.txt 4.02 kB · 6 downloads

I have a fix in place for that issue.  Next release (this weekend)

• Thanks 1

On 2/22/2021 at 9:15 PM, PatrickAWlson said:

Luftwaffe. 

Attack. 

Kuban Map

HS 129 starts on March 1 1943

4.(Pz)/Sch.G.2

Perfect....Thanks soooo much!

• 2 weeks later...
TheSNAFU

Recently I am seeing almost no parked planes or AAA on my base. Looking from the ground or from above these seem to be missing all over the map, at least the parts I’ve flown over. I don’t know of any option related to this. The bases are generally empty. Anyone experiencing this or have any ideas on how to fix it? 

20 hours ago, TheSNAFU said:

Recently I am seeing almost no parked planes or AAA on my base. Looking from the ground or from above these seem to be missing all over the map, at least the parts I’ve flown over. I don’t know of any option related to this. The bases are generally empty. Anyone experiencing this or have any ideas on how to fix it? 

Same here.  I posted early on this but no answers. My post was on Feb. 15th.

grcurmudgeon

Just started a Flying Circus career, flying Spads for the 94th Aero US Squadron. Two bugs encountered:

1. The US Career default date is 1/5/18, but there are no squadrons available. I had to select 1/6/18 to get the 94th Aero to pop up.
  2. The mission is right at the edge of the flyable area. I started getting "Turn North!" warnings after takeoff when we turned back to the first patrol waypoint. When returning home to land, that waypoint was off the area, and the game took over the plane before we reached it to start the landing approach. I was unable to attempt (and likely fail miserably) to land.

Greg202103111903675.zip

22 hours ago, vincentmoy said:

Were you wounded? You may need to take leave to heal your "wounds"

Hum, good question.  I will look and see.

22 hours ago, vincentmoy said:

Were you wounded? You may need to take leave to heal your "wounds"

Yep I was wounded.  17 days off with the nurses.;)

• Haha 1

PrettySOLID

Hi Pat

I just flew mi 32nd mission in moscow with the luftwaffe and have 72 Kills yet i am still only an OFW. I saw in a different thread that I should rank up quicker.

Is this deliberate or a problem i can fix?

Cheers

PatrickAWlson
17 minutes ago, PrettySOLID said:

Hi Pat

I just flew mi 32nd mission in moscow with the luftwaffe and have 72 Kills yet i am still only an OFW. I saw in a different thread that I should rank up quicker.

Is this deliberate or a problem i can fix?

Cheers

Can you press "report error" and post the zip?  That will help me recreate the problem

Hayduke

Hello,

This campaign generator is indispensable for a quality SP experience.

I have run into this issue a few times in my campaign:

I am the flight lead. On some missions, my AI wingmen do not take off after me. The number 2 aircraft pulls off the runway, taxis around to the back of the formation, and crashes into the back of the number 4 aircraft while trying to take off. Any help is appreciated.

Kuban A-20202103231803346.zip

vincentmoy
4 hours ago, Hayduke said:

Hello,

This campaign generator is indispensable for a quality SP experience.

I have run into this issue a few times in my campaign:

I am the flight lead. On some missions, my AI wingmen do not take off after me. The number 2 aircraft pulls off the runway, taxis around to the back of the formation, and crashes into the back of the number 4 aircraft while trying to take off. Any help is appreciated.

Kuban A-20202103231803346.zip 3.01 MB · 0 downloads

How many wingmans do you have? I find that if I have more than 4 or 5 wingman, not including myself, that will likely happen. It may also depends on the airfield as well.

Hayduke
On 3/23/2021 at 10:53 PM, vincentmoy said:

How many wingmans do you have? I find that if I have more than 4 or 5 wingman, not including myself, that will likely happen. It may also depends on the airfield as well.

That might be the problem. It happens on missions with 5 wingmen. Not every single time, but often.

JG1_Jaus

In a mission last night with my squad, we had 8 players assigned 5 to Jasta 11 (Alb DVs), and 3 to Schlasta 2 (Halbs).   The mission assigned Jasta 11 to intercept, and Schlasta 2 to attacking rail targets in Arras.

I've attached the  combat report from the mission.    The header appears to show one flight of Alb.DVs  from Schlasta 2 on an intercept mission.   The text describes the results of the attacks on Arras by Schlasta 2.    

Am I reading something wrong?    The combat report as viewed in the PWCG software looked ok, but only displayed pilot reports for Schlasta 2.   Is there a way to view reports for all player-involved flights in the debrief?

19170801.CombatReport.zip

Edited by JG1_Jaus

• LukeFF pinned this topic