New PWCG Issues Thread

PatrickAWlson

20 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

I would say it is working as intended.  This is a game decision and not a PWCG decision - I have the ability to set fuel in the mission.  The game records the user's preferences and overrides the mission with those preferences.  Seems OK to me.

Okay, thanks. So it doesn't matter what you put in PWCG. (Then why this feature?)

@PatrickAWlson I've finally managed to move from Moscow to Stalingard in my II/JG52 fighter campaign that started with PWCG 8.0.0 beta and currently runs on 10.2.0. It has been a delightful experience so far, once more thank you for this superb campaign generator!

I also wanted to highlight the following 4 outstanding issues that I've encountered so far. None of them are showstoppers, please take them more as a immersion killer than anything else. I split the issues in different spoiler boxes below. A completely new PWCG 10.2.0 folder was created before running any of the tests to reproduce the issues. In order to rule out any MODS effect they have been completely disabled from the game as well. So everything should be vanilla in that sense.

Spoiler

Issue #1

Campaign: PWCG1020MoscowMapFrontlineBug

Problem: Frontlines are not visible in in-game briefing map nor in the in-game flight map during missions flown between 20.11.1941 - 14.12.1941

How to reproduce: Load campaign "PWCG1020MoscowMapFrontlineBug", generate mission (it will be in the correct time frame), start mission and look at the in-game map -> No frontlines visible. This seems to affect only the frontlines defined in "Input/Moscow/19411120".

PWCG1020MoscowMapFrontlineBug202007111607382.zip

Spoiler

Issue #2 

Campaign: PWCG1020MoscowStalingradTransitionAAR

Problem: During the AAR after last Moscow mission (28.2.1941) and before first Stalingrad mission (1.3.1941) the AAR already shows Stalingrad map and last Moscow mission actions are reflected to the Stalingrad map.

How to reproduce: Load campaign "PWCG1020MoscowStalingradTransitionAAR", generate a mission, start mission and end it right away if you want. Submit claim -> Debrief map shows Stalingrad instead of Moscow where the mission was flown (fly date 28.2.1941 while Moscow starts at 1.3.1941). If there were any actions during the mission then they would be incorrectly referred to locations on the Stalingrad map instead of Moscow map.

PWCG1020MoscowStalingradTransitionAAR202007111607513.zip

Spoiler

Issue #3

Campaign: PWCG1020GuntherRallTransferAgainAndAgain

Problem: After certain period of time (I didn't narrow it down...) the ace, Gunther Rall, just keeps on getting transferred to II/JG52 all over again even if he has been there all the time.

How to reproduce: Load campaign "PWCG1020GuntherRallTransferAgainAndAgain", take a leave of a couple of days or generate and fly a mission, it doesn't matter. You'll see that ace Gunther Rall has been transferred to the squadron. Now take again a couple of days of leave and you'll see that he is again being transferred to the squadron. This keeps on repeating after every mission or after every leave time.

PWCG1020GuntherRallTransferAgainAndAgain202007111607997.zip

Spoiler

Issue #4

Campaign: PWCG1020GuntherRallIsASuperhuman

Problem: Our ace Gunther Rall flies 6-fold number of missions compared to the rest of the squadron. He is more like a superhuman than anything else.

How to reproduce: Load campaign "PWCG1020GuntherRallIsASuperhuman", take a leave of 90 days and look at the number of missions of Gunther Rall compared to other. Take another leave of 90 days and you'll see that he is not sleeping, eating or anything else, but flying combat missions. In my tests after 90 days he had flown 582 missions. After 180 days he had flown 798 (!) missions (as an example the next largest number of missions in the squadron is 176!). Please note that it is not just related to taking leave. In my real campaign he has flown more than 600 missions while I have flown all 60 missions myself without any leave.

PWCG1020GuntherRallIsASuperhuman202007111707319.zip

As said these are more in the category of immersion killers than anything else. Would be great if you had time to look at them though. I tried to make it as easy as possible to reproduce with the campaign files and the description. 

Finally, I'm really excited to continue the campaign through Stalingrad years. Maybe one day I get to Kuban and Bodenplatte too 🤩

2 hours ago, Almenas said:

Okay, thanks. So it doesn't matter what you put in PWCG. (Then why this feature?)

I guess it works if you have no career running at the same time.

PatrickAWlson
14 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Can't do anything with that.  I do not have height information when I make a mission.  I count on altitude 0 placing the units on the ground.  If that doesn't work then I have no workaround.

I got a mission with the floating river boats the other day.  When I looked at the mission file both the vehicles and the spawns were at altitude 0.  I'm out of ideas.

I just ran a test with a new mission on the Moscow map.  It's fine.  What will not work is a mission created with the previous version of the game being flown with the new version.  Try to generate a new mission and let me know if the problem still exists.  

• Thanks 1

-332FG-Reedrick
9 hours ago, vanson77 said:

Can confirm, AI wingman are attacking again. And much more competent than before. Nice.

did you do anything special or did they just start doing it after the latest hotfix?  I played a few missions last night and mine just followed enemies never shot at them that I saw

27 minutes ago, -332FG-Reedrick said:

did you do anything special or did they just start doing it after the latest hotfix?  I played a few missions last night and mine just followed enemies never shot at them that I saw

Did nothing special. Make sure you have updated to v4.008b, which came last night and apparently changed wingman behaviour. But i´m also quite sure there are bugs remaining.

-332FG-Reedrick
1 hour ago, vanson77 said:

Did nothing special. Make sure you have updated to v4.008b, which came last night and apparently changed wingman behaviour. But i´m also quite sure there are bugs remaining.

yea I've updated to the latest IL-2 and latest PWCG and my wingmen still arent helping any lol

PatrickAWlson
3 minutes ago, -332FG-Reedrick said:

yea I've updated to the latest IL-2 and latest PWCG and my wingmen still arent helping any lol

Are you flying fighter missions?  If you are flying ground attack missions and encountering EA then they won't really help much.

4 hours ago, vonGraf said:

I guess it works if you have no career running at the same time.

No, use only PWCG. But it's not a big problem and I don't want to be bored. So far the wing crew has enough fuel in the tank.

PatrickAWlson
10 hours ago, Almenas said:

It might matter if you don't have an override set in the game.  Whenever I play my fuel state is what the mission says it is, but I have not set any preference for fuel in the game.

11 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

I just ran a test with a new mission on the Moscow map.  It's fine.  What will not work is a mission created with the previous version of the game being flown with the new version.  Try to generate a new mission and let me know if the problem still exists.  

I just did a new mission (with hotfixed game and v.10.2) and the hovering street/railway textures are still there for me but in the games quick missions editor as well, I just discovered. Difficult to see at times because not every street has this issue.

It's already mentioned in the 'graphis issues' thread by an other user.

EDIT: Forget everything... I played a vanilla quick mission without any mod and it's good. Maybe the Kuban or Rheinland map mod I'm using was the reason, at least I hope so because the rest of the mods I want to keep.

Sorry I've annoyed you and thanks for looking for a solution. Of course I have checked that there's no Moscow map-mod enabled before I tried, but...

Edited by vonGraf

On 7/8/2020 at 6:48 PM, dburne said:

Yeah maybe I should just try scrubbing missions until I get a ground attack, not sure taking a few days leave is the answer at this point.

I could start a new campaign all over, but from what I am seeing after 15 missions or so I will be right back where I am.

Well this works occasionally just a little. I will find after a few days maybe one flight has been replenished, but by time next mission is flown it is in the red again and here we

go with a few more days like this:

wHViwKc.jpg

I am not sure how long a Bodenplatte Campaign should last, I am currently up to Dec 4th 1944 and I have gotten the above results pretty regular now over the last several days.

At what date should this campaign go through to? I have been just selecting ground pounding missions as I know there will be no enemy AI activity when showing as above.

Anyway hope this is helpful, if this is the way it should be then let me know and I will quit bugging about it.

Hi Pat.

Attempting to do some pilot Admin in my coop P-38 campaign and whilst in the "Administer Coop Pilot" menu I find I can "Add Pilot" but if I try to "Transfer Pilot" or "Retire Pilot" I get no reaction from PWCG whatsoever...

-332FG-Reedrick
On 7/11/2020 at 1:16 PM, PatrickAWlson said:

Are you flying fighter missions?  If you are flying ground attack missions and encountering EA then they won't really help much.

Yep been flying nothing but CAP with 352nd (P-51's).  They actually started shooting back a bit last night, so fingers crossed they worked themselves out :)

If multiple Coop pilots are injured on a flight, the leave screen jumbles all the injured pilots on top of each other. This makes it impossible to see how many days you need to take leave.

My last mission in my P-51 Campaign yesterday was an Intercept mission. Intelligence Report showed three enemy ai air units - two fighter, one attack, active.

So I went ahead and selected this intercept as I thought I might run across some enemy air ai again now.

There were two of us listed for the mission, I added one more to give us three, and off we went.

Well let me tell ya, when we got to Intercept area I reckon all three enemy ai units came after us. I believe it was two flights of four 190's and one flight of four 109's.

We were sitting ducks, I had no choice but to bail out over friendly territory after getting heavily damaged.

Now what is a little odd, I checked Intelligence Report after completing this mission, and once again all enemy air ai are listed in the red. Not sure 

how that happened as I am sure all three flights were after us and pretty sure none of my other two wingmen shot any down, but maybe they did.

PatrickAWlson
22 minutes ago, dburne said:

My last mission in my P-51 Campaign yesterday was an Intercept mission. Intelligence Report showed three enemy ai air units - two fighter, one attack, active.

So I went ahead and selected this intercept as I thought I might run across some enemy air ai again now.

There were two of us listed for the mission, I added one more to give us three, and off we went.

Well let me tell ya, when we got to Intercept area I reckon all three enemy ai units came after us. I believe it was two flights of four 190's and one flight of four 109's.

We were sitting ducks, I had no choice but to bail out over friendly territory after getting heavily damaged.

Now what is a little odd, I checked Intelligence Report after completing this mission, and once again all enemy air ai are listed in the red. Not sure 

how that happened as I am sure all three flights were after us and pretty sure none of my other two wingmen shot any down, but maybe they did.

Out of mission pilot casualties are excessive.  I wrote a day to day simulator that recreated the problem.  Starting in September the campaign seems OK until about mid October, then pilot losses take a toll on all services, not just Luftwaffe.

I upped the replacement rate and fiddled with it until I was able to get into February 1945 with no more than four or five units out of action at any one time.  When you play things will be a bit different because of in mission losses, but at least too many units should not go out of commission because of out of mission activity.

One interesting thing that I did not really get previously was the impact of one services replacement rate on the enemies availability rate.  More replacements means more pilots available means more enemies shot down, so increasing replacements not only adds pilots to the service directly but also reduces enemy pilots.  Took a bit to get the numbers in balance.

I think one reason this is exacerbated in Bodenplatte is that American and British replacement pilots are generally better than their Russian counterparts.   This makes them more likely to shoot down enemies and therefore reduce German head count.  

I will put out a patch release this weekend.  

Edited by PatrickAWlson
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Out of mission pilot casualties are excessive.  I wrote a day to day simulator that recreated the problem.  Starting in September the campaign seems OK until about mid October, then pilot losses take a toll on all services, not just Luftwaffe.

I upped the replacement rate and fiddled with it until I was able to get into February 1945 with no more than four or five units out of action at any one time.  When you play things will be a bit different because of in mission losses, but at least too many units should not go out of commission because of out of mission activity.

One interesting thing that I did not really get previously was the impact of one services replacement rate on the enemies availability rate.  More replacements means more pilots available means more enemies shot down, so increasing replacements not only adds pilots to the service directly but also reduces enemy pilots.  Took a bit to get the numbers in balance.

I think one reason this is exacerbated in Bodenplatte is that American and British replacement pilots are generally better than their Russian counterparts.   This makes them more likely to shoot down enemies and therefore reduce German head count.  

I will put out a patch release this weekend.  

:good:

Awesome, thanks so much for the info and upcoming patch!

• Upvote 2

On 7/11/2020 at 5:20 PM, Nadelbaum said:

@PatrickAWlson I've finally managed to move from Moscow to Stalingard in my II/JG52 fighter campaign that started with PWCG 8.0.0 beta and currently runs on 10.2.0. It has been a delightful experience so far, once more thank you for this superb campaign generator!

I also wanted to highlight the following 4 outstanding issues that I've encountered so far. None of them are showstoppers, please take them more as a immersion killer than anything else. I split the issues in different spoiler boxes below. A completely new PWCG 10.2.0 folder was created before running any of the tests to reproduce the issues. In order to rule out any MODS effect they have been completely disabled from the game as well. So everything should be vanilla in that sense.

Hide contents

Issue #1

Campaign: PWCG1020MoscowMapFrontlineBug

Problem: Frontlines are not visible in in-game briefing map nor in the in-game flight map during missions flown between 20.11.1941 - 14.12.1941

How to reproduce: Load campaign "PWCG1020MoscowMapFrontlineBug", generate mission (it will be in the correct time frame), start mission and look at the in-game map -> No frontlines visible. This seems to affect only the frontlines defined in "Input/Moscow/19411120".

PWCG1020MoscowMapFrontlineBug202007111607382.zip 529.67 kB · 0 downloads

Hide contents

Issue #2 

Campaign: PWCG1020MoscowStalingradTransitionAAR

Problem: During the AAR after last Moscow mission (28.2.1941) and before first Stalingrad mission (1.3.1941) the AAR already shows Stalingrad map and last Moscow mission actions are reflected to the Stalingrad map.

How to reproduce: Load campaign "PWCG1020MoscowStalingradTransitionAAR", generate a mission, start mission and end it right away if you want. Submit claim -> Debrief map shows Stalingrad instead of Moscow where the mission was flown (fly date 28.2.1941 while Moscow starts at 1.3.1941). If there were any actions during the mission then they would be incorrectly referred to locations on the Stalingrad map instead of Moscow map.

PWCG1020MoscowStalingradTransitionAAR202007111607513.zip 601.46 kB · 0 downloads

Hide contents

Issue #3

Campaign: PWCG1020GuntherRallTransferAgainAndAgain

Problem: After certain period of time (I didn't narrow it down...) the ace, Gunther Rall, just keeps on getting transferred to II/JG52 all over again even if he has been there all the time.

How to reproduce: Load campaign "PWCG1020GuntherRallTransferAgainAndAgain", take a leave of a couple of days or generate and fly a mission, it doesn't matter. You'll see that ace Gunther Rall has been transferred to the squadron. Now take again a couple of days of leave and you'll see that he is again being transferred to the squadron. This keeps on repeating after every mission or after every leave time.

PWCG1020GuntherRallTransferAgainAndAgain202007111607997.zip 579.54 kB · 0 downloads

Reveal hidden contents

Issue #4

Campaign: PWCG1020GuntherRallIsASuperhuman

Problem: Our ace Gunther Rall flies 6-fold number of missions compared to the rest of the squadron. He is more like a superhuman than anything else.

How to reproduce: Load campaign "PWCG1020GuntherRallIsASuperhuman", take a leave of 90 days and look at the number of missions of Gunther Rall compared to other. Take another leave of 90 days and you'll see that he is not sleeping, eating or anything else, but flying combat missions. In my tests after 90 days he had flown 582 missions. After 180 days he had flown 798 (!) missions (as an example the next largest number of missions in the squadron is 176!). Please note that it is not just related to taking leave. In my real campaign he has flown more than 600 missions while I have flown all 60 missions myself without any leave.

PWCG1020GuntherRallIsASuperhuman202007111707319.zip 458.36 kB · 0 downloads

As said these are more in the category of immersion killers than anything else. Would be great if you had time to look at them though. I tried to make it as easy as possible to reproduce with the campaign files and the description. 

Finally, I'm really excited to continue the campaign through Stalingrad years. Maybe one day I get to Kuban and Bodenplatte too 🤩

Bump

Hi guys, im pretty much a bomber type flyer :) and i can't remember when it happend, perhaps one or two patches ago, something wrecked the AI bombers on my computer primarily for every other bomber type than the HE-111, have any of you had the same problems, either they wont start up during cold start "pwcg" and if i use start on runway the just have a super brainfart and drive in front of the other plane and just staying put on the runway? have been testing with il2 "normal" ingame carrer and there everything works as intended?

any help is appreciated, thx :)

Guest deleted@210880
3 minutes ago, Wulfkai said:

Hi guys, im pretty much a bomber type flyer :) and i can't remember when it happend, perhaps one or two patches ago, something wrecked the AI bombers on my computer primarily for every other bomber type than the HE-111, have any of you had the same problems, either they wont start up during cold start "pwcg" and if i use start on runway the just have a super brainfart and drive in front of the other plane and just staying put on the runway? have been testing with il2 "normal" ingame carrer and there everything works as intended?

any help is appreciated, thx :)

I had a problem recently where my leader (il2 @ kachalinskaya) seemed to spawn on the runway in the wrong position (I guess because it would say 'permission to taxi to runway'), he would then try and turn on the spot almost, if AI were behind him he would crash into them, if I was no 3 I could quickly dart between 1 and 2 and take off to give him space, then it would say 'permission to take off' and they coudl all go.

I don't know if this was a PWCG issue or not, nor if it was fixed in one of the many recent patches if so. But maybe it is related?

5 minutes ago, John_Yossarian said:

I had a problem recently where my leader (il2 @ kachalinskaya) seemed to spawn on the runway in the wrong position (I guess because it would say 'permission to taxi to runway'), he would then try and turn on the spot almost, if AI were behind him he would crash into them, if I was no 3 I could quickly dart between 1 and 2 and take off to give him space, then it would say 'permission to take off' and they coudl all go.

I don't know if this was a PWCG issue or not, nor if it was fixed in one of the many recent patches if so. But maybe it is related?

could very well be, just does not explain why they wont start up but the HE-111 works perfect? but does add to the fact that it is not only me but a bug :)

thx for answering

NeuroticChimp
On 7/12/2020 at 10:10 PM, DD_Fenrir said:

Hi Pat.

Attempting to do some pilot Admin in my coop P-38 campaign and whilst in the "Administer Coop Pilot" menu I find I can "Add Pilot" but if I try to "Transfer Pilot" or "Retire Pilot" I get no reaction from PWCG whatsoever...

Bump, same issue here.

I have PWCG installed on 2 different machines and both have the same issue. I cannot transfer pilots, which is bad since our coop players want to occasionally fly something else in the campaign. I am considering just adding more pilots to use for that as a workaround for now. Retire pilot also does nothing.

Attached a snipped screengrab. I also reduced to font size if it had anything to do with but no. The pilot selection screen is empty regardless of font size (on both machines). I'm new to using this so I did not think much of it at first, but then I watched the youtube videos and saw that there should be a list of pilots here.

coopscreen.jpg

I started a Moscow campaign with the 109. In the brief it says 100% fuel. In game setup it is 60%. Learned that the hard way😁

PatrickAWlson
On 7/17/2020 at 5:33 AM, VampireMonkey said:

Bump, same issue here.

I have PWCG installed on 2 different machines and both have the same issue. I cannot transfer pilots, which is bad since our coop players want to occasionally fly something else in the campaign. I am considering just adding more pilots to use for that as a workaround for now. Retire pilot also does nothing.

Attached a snipped screengrab. I also reduced to font size if it had anything to do with but no. The pilot selection screen is empty regardless of font size (on both machines). I'm new to using this so I did not think much of it at first, but then I watched the youtube videos and saw that there should be a list of pilots here.

coopscreen.jpg

Fixed in yesterday's release (10.2.1)

Is there anyway to fix the message "PWCG was unable to find a log set for your last mission"? I updated to the latest PWCG version and my coop campaign has been halted because of this.

PatrickAWlson
40 minutes ago, ACG_Gamble said:

Is there anyway to fix the message "PWCG was unable to find a log set for your last mission"? I updated to the latest PWCG version and my coop campaign has been halted because of this.

Please use  the "Report Error" button on the campaign to create a zip.  Post the zip here.  

FlyingCoffins202007201007594.zip

Seems this error happens once the date advances but there was no mission generated prior. 

One more question -- in COOP does it matter if a human pilot gets injured? It seems like you can still fly regardless. Is there a better way to handle or does it matter?

• Thanks 1

PatrickAWlson

@ACG_Gamble

"Seems this error happens once the date advances but there was no mission generated prior."

I don't know that I understand.  In coop campaigns, date advances if you take leave or do a combat report.  If you fly a mission and take leave without doing a combat report then you will get this error.  Is this what is happening?  Do you see date advancing for some other reason?  I'm thinking that I need a safety mechanism to prevent leave or transfer (for SP) if there is an unresolved AAR out there.

Wounded pilots should not fly.  I will fix that.  The intent is that a player who has a wounded pilot can make another persona to continue to participate.  If you never want wounded players you can set max wound level to none.

Until this gets fixed you can choose not to include the wounded persona.  Thanks for the feedback.

Here's what happened:

We flew a mission on 10-5-41. I did do the AAR. From this point on I closed the PWCG tool. I then went and updated the tool to the latest version. Once I had the latest PWCG version, I was unable to make a new mission as the date had advanced to 10-8-41. It seems this error happens whenever the date has moved forward but a new mission was not generated. It's not the first time I have encountered it so my take away has been to always generate a mission before I close the tool otherwise you can get trapped in this loop.

My question about injured pilots is somewhat related -- yes I want to keep injured pilots on and I'd swap them out with a new pilot on the same COOP user while the first pilot is on injured leave. I was confused as to why injured pilots could fly at all. On a prior coop campaign that only went one mission before an injury I ran into this same mission log error as I was trying to make a new pilot to attach to a coop user. I assume in order to do this you have to first put the injured pilot on leave? But it seems doing so advances the game time line and you can get into trouble. What is the process to move injured pilot A on leave and create new Pilot B attached to a coop user without breaking this tool or advancing the time line?

PatrickAWlson

@ACG_Gamble The 10-5 AAR took effect and advanced the date to 10-8.  That is expected.  If you ask to enter another AAR you will get the message that no logs are available because you have not yet flown a mission for 10-8.  Also expected.  I would not generate a mission with one version and do an AAR with another.  That could lead to issues.  If the issue is that you cannot generate a mission for 10-8 then I have your zip and I can check that out.  

Will get back with an answer for part 2.

Thanks Pat. If we have to scrap let us know, we didn't get far...I just want to be crystal clear on how to proceed in the future so we don't run into these issues again if we get farther.

Want to clear up a few other questions --

My friend and I are flying I-16's and we'd like to take this from Moscow to Kuban. I assume that PWCG would automatically upgrade our planes and the battle once we get there?

We have pilot injury and death on as I said, so we would just keep going forward in time with a new pilot but attached to same COOP user as we continue. What is the best way to administer this? If a pilot is injured we'd just make a new pilot I assume, but maybe it is easier to just turn off injuries if this would be problematic?

We will likely just start over as we were only a few days in but just trying to help out the community here with our issues and avoid future errors.

Edited by ACG_Gamble

PatrickAWlson

@ACG_Gamble If you want to go from Moscow to Kuban and you don't want to keep your pilots the easiest thing to do is start a new campaign in the Kuban.  When you create a pilot there is a drop down list of all existing coop users.  The coop users that you entered are not tied to a campaign so any coop users that you have created will be available when you create a new campaign.

The only reason to keep flying the existing campaign is if you want to keep your pilots (personas) - i.e. you want to keep flying the same pilots or at least keep their history alive. 

FYI:  Leave is the only way to advance a campaign without flying.  If you wanted to go Moscow to Kuban you would pretty much have to take a years leave.  PWCG doesn't let you take that long so you would probably have to do it 60 days at a time.  If one was to do this the planes and possibly squadron names would be automatically adjusted.  When you take leave PWCG simulates things happening.  If you took a year then PWCG would simulate a year of stuff.  Your pilots would still be there.

About PWCG and the Kuban map:

PWCG emulates the German advance through the Kuban.   That only covers June and July of 1942. In August of 1942 most of the action moves to the Stalingrad map.  The real Kuban campaign begins on March 1943, so if you want Kuban I recommend that as a start date.

Edited by PatrickAWlson

Hi Pat,

A new issue has emerged. I was able to start a new campaign in co-op mode. Everything was going fine, my friend and I were flying when I was shot down so I began spectating. My friend also had to bail on his aircraft once the engine quit. Once we were both out of our planes, the mission abruptly ended and neither of us were able to "finish mission" when the multiplayer server closed. I was hosting the server and I never clicked on "leave server" or "finish mission". Once we had returned to the PWCG tool, we were unable to continue because the same "unable to find a log set" error has occurred and we cannot generate a new mission. This appears to have happened because we were both ejected from the server without finishing the mission. Do you know why such a thing would happen? I'm attaching the error log, please let me know, thanks.

RedDevils202007202307467.zip

Nevermind, this was fixed. It was unrelated. False alarm!

What had happened was my pilot was also seriously wounded and I retired him. I created a new pilot and attached him to my COOP user. The game will not continue until you change your "reference pilot" to be the one you just created. Once I did that I was able to proceed.

FYI to COOP players out there!

What is the point of selecting the aircraft you own in the beginning? I just assumed it locked you out from joining the squadrons at the beginning.

And a small related note, trying to generate a mission with a aircraft you dont own causes PWCG to freeze 😜

I also never used PWCG before, will I ever encounter something like my squad being resupplied with planes I dont own?

Edited by Brobob

PatrickAWlson
5 hours ago, Brobob said:

What is the point of selecting the aircraft you own in the beginning? I just assumed it locked you out from joining the squadrons at the beginning.

And a small related note, trying to generate a mission with a aircraft you dont own causes PWCG to freeze 😜

I also never used PWCG before, will I ever encounter something like my squad being resupplied with planes I dont own?

The idea is not to let the player get all the way into the game before they realize that they can't fly the mission.  This code was written more around RoF where individual planes were purchased.  In BoS it's not as important since the whole battle, including the map, has to be purchased as a unit.  If you don't own the relevant product the game won't even let you use the map, never mind the plane.  

It is possible that your squadron will eventually have planes that you don't own on a map that you do own.  This would happen if a unit suddenly was stocked with collector planes.  The FW190 D is probably the most likely occurrence.  If something like this happened you would be obliged to transfer or buy the FW190 D.

Because it rarely an issue it usually does not come up.  Is there a specific thing that is happening?

The freeze I will look at.  

nobody take off at Soesterberg airfield in my flight of FW190 D9

Map : bodenplatte

when take off without taxi

Edited by kapowa

• LukeFF pinned this topic