New PWCG Issues Thread

DD_Arthur
On 7/1/2020 at 4:17 AM, PatrickAWlson said:

@DD_Arthur @DD_Fenrir 

Version 10 is posted with a fix.  I need some feedback as to how well it works.

Hi Pat, hope your having a great fourth of July:salute:.   Pleased to report some of the guys ran a test mission last night and 'engineered' a disconnect on the return leg.

PWCG succesfully produced an AAR!:good: 

• Thanks 1
-332FG-Reedrick

Some issues I’ve noticed (sorry no screenshots I’m at work)

- When more then one user controlled pilot is wounded at the same time the recovery time messages under leave request overlap each other and can’t be read

- pilot pictures revert back to the random default when trying to change them

- unsure if this is still an ongoing thing, but still constantly being chased back to my base by fighters (thought this was fixed, could be wrong, if not disregard lol)

PatrickAWlson
2 minutes ago, -332FG-Reedrick said:

Some issues I’ve noticed (sorry no screenshots I’m at work)

- When more then one user controlled pilot is wounded at the same time the recovery time messages under leave request overlap each other and can’t be read

- pilot pictures revert back to the random default when trying to change them

- unsure if this is still an ongoing thing, but still constantly being chased back to my base by fighters (thought this was fixed, could be wrong, if not disregard lol)

I can check out the first two.  As far as being chased back to the base, I added repellent but it is limited.  Any bases close to the front will not cause EA to turn back.  EA assigned to offensive patrols will also not turn back.

dburne

Just fyi.

I have taken , in multiple days, up to like 21 days of leave in my P-51 Campaign and still enemy AI have not been replenished. Most all showing in red the whole time.

Just no one left to fight except ground targets. Makes it tough when assigned for air targets.

Have flown total of 20 missions and current date is Nov 24th 1944 ( after taking the above leave).

Edit: I figure either I am about the only one flying for the Allies in Bodenplatte, or just am really jinxed somehow lol.

Surprised I am seemingly the only one experiencing this.

I would just as soon go back to Kuban, but then I would not have the planes I want to fly.

Edited by dburne
No105_Swoose

1641934316_BadSizingacceptreferencepilot.thumb.jpg.12a53cabfeea4300ebbb65ff0d96fb23.jpg     Salute!  Since going to the version 10 series most of my post-mission screens have been messed up.  Only the debrief and map have been OK.  Among the problems is I'm not able to claim air-to-air victories.  I've attached the error report from my last mission (maybe you check my GUI settings?) and a screenshot of the accept reference pilot frame.  I didn't have this problem up to and including 9.2 so my work around is to revert back to 9.2.  But I'd rather have 10.1 with all the new good stuff in it.  My pilots, equipment, and intelligence maps are OK in 10, just not the ones I described.  Thanks for any help.

Battle of Stalingrad IL-2202007081507833.zip

PatrickAWlson
18 minutes ago, No105_Swoose said:

1641934316_BadSizingacceptreferencepilot.thumb.jpg.12a53cabfeea4300ebbb65ff0d96fb23.jpg     Salute!  Since going to the version 10 series most of my post-mission screens have been messed up.  Only the debrief and map have been OK.  Among the problems is I'm not able to claim air-to-air victories.  I've attached the error report from my last mission (maybe you check my GUI settings?) and a screenshot of the accept reference pilot frame.  I didn't have this problem up to and including 9.2 so my work around is to revert back to 9.2.  But I'd rather have 10.1 with all the new good stuff in it.  My pilots, equipment, and intelligence maps are OK in 10, just not the ones I described.  Thanks for any help.

Battle of Stalingrad IL-2202007081507833.zip 297.94 kB · 0 downloads

What kind of monitor do you have?  Dimensions?

Based on the pic it looks really unusual.

Suggestion:

Go to the main screen.

Enter configuration

Select GUI

Set "Let PWCG Auto Size" to zero

Set the height and width to something else (my own screen is 2560 x 1440)

Varibraun
5 hours ago, dburne said:

Surprised I am seemingly the only one experiencing this.

No, it's not just you.  I have seen the same thing with the continued heavy LW attrition putting several squadrons out of action simultaneously as early as 10/44. 

They are replacing losses better than before, so I have also seen them come back into action after a few days. (I wonder if your leave cycle might be the "unlucky" issue since they can take heavy losses again pretty quickly, and I think Pat said somewhere that the replacement cycle runs weekly?). 

Since I know you aren't a fan of the "if you can't find them, join them" work around - you could try an allied ground attack pilot/squadron while you wait for more LW squadrons to come back into action (or just scrub air-to-air missions in your current squadron until you get a ground attack mission).  Might be fun with the new P-47 flight model tweaks for some experimentation.

Edited by Varibraun
No105_Swoose
1 hour ago, PatrickAWlson said:

What kind of monitor do you have?  Dimensions?

Based on the pic it looks really unusual.

Suggestion:

Go to the main screen.

Enter configuration

Select GUI

Set "Let PWCG Auto Size" to zero

Set the height and width to something else (my own screen is 2560 x 1440)

Yes, I am running a somewhat unusual setup: 3 x 24" inch monitors combined through NVIDIA Control Panel into one window with a resolution of 7802 x 1440.  Gives me a great, immersive display combined with a Volair Flight Sim Seat and CH HOTAS.  Unfortunately, it sometimes causes glitches like the ones I'm experiencing with PWCG 10.1.  No joy on trying to implement your proposed fixes.  Changed auto size setting to zero and played with different height and widths but still get messed up screens.  Too bad.  Please, if you think of any other ideas to correct this let me know.  And thanks for your great work with PWCG!  

Bad Pilot Notification of Victory Screenshot.jpg

dburne
52 minutes ago, Varibraun said:

No, it's not just you.  I have seen the same thing with the continued heavy LW attrition putting several squadrons out of action simultaneously as early as 10/44. 

They are replacing losses better than before, so I have also seen them come back into action too after a few days. (I wonder if your leave cycle might be the "unlucky" issue since they can take heavy losses again pretty quickly, and I think Pat said somewhere that the replacement cycle runs weekly?). 

Since I know you aren't a fan of the "if you can't find them, join them" work around - you could try an allied ground attack pilot/squadron while you wait for more LW squadrons to come back into action (or just scrub air-to-air missions in your current squadron until you get a ground attack mission).  Might be fun with the new P-47 flight model tweaks for some experimentation.

Yeah maybe I should just try scrubbing missions until I get a ground attack, not sure taking a few days leave is the answer at this point.

I could start a new campaign all over, but from what I am seeing after 15 missions or so I will be right back where I am.

PatrickAWlson
1 hour ago, No105_Swoose said:

Yes, I am running a somewhat unusual setup: 3 x 24" inch monitors combined through NVIDIA Control Panel into one window with a resolution of 7802 x 1440.  Gives me a great, immersive display combined with a Volair Flight Sim Seat and CH HOTAS.  Unfortunately, it sometimes causes glitches like the ones I'm experiencing with PWCG 10.1.  No joy on trying to implement your proposed fixes.  Changed auto size setting to zero and played with different height and widths but still get messed up screens.  Too bad.  Please, if you think of any other ideas to correct this let me know.  And thanks for your great work with PWCG!  

Bad Pilot Notification of Victory Screenshot.jpg

Setting PWCG to 2560 x 1440 doesn't work?  That is my monitor size.  Is PWCG not resizing or, after resizing, is it still messed up.

No105_Swoose
13 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Setting PWCG to 2560 x 1440 doesn't work?  That is my monitor size.  Is PWCG not resizing or, after resizing, is it still messed up.

No joy unfortunately.  I've tried 2560 x 1440, 1920 x 1080, and my native 7802 x 1440.  No effect on the post-mission screens so I don't think PWCG is resizing.  The post-mission screens (claim victory, mission recap, notification of victories, notification of casualties, notification of plane losses, and awards) except for the map and associated debrief are scrunched up like the attached images. Sadly this may be a one-off, orphan issue due to my triple monitor setup.  All the other screens are clear, crisp, and well-proportioned.  "Hope is not a course of action" as we used to say in the Army, but it would be good if a future PWCG update somehow magically corrects my problem.  Thanks for looking into this.

Edited by No105_Swoose
Changed I to it
Almenas

Observed something strange, in the mission planning 100% fuel is indicated, in the mission the fuel gauge shows only 25%?

PatrickAWlson
1 hour ago, Almenas said:

Observed something strange, in the mission planning 100% fuel is indicated, in the mission the fuel gauge shows only 25%?

Mission planning in the game or mission planning in PWCG?  

I think PWCG does not allow for less than 30% fuel - or should not.

Edited by PatrickAWlson
Almenas

This is the solution. The settings in the game were changed (maybe by the update) and overwrote the settings in PWCG. All is fine. Thanks

Wulfkai

reporting an issue:

All russian bombers does not start up during cold start after the last update, have tried with both peshka and A-20? i can start my plane just fine but the ai/wingmen does not start up theres, they just stand there?

testet with US airforce also with the same results. 

Edited by Wulfkai
216th_Nocke

I cannot retire or transfer pilots anymore in a Coop, Version 10.1.0 and 10.2.0.

Didn't that work previously?

I can do add a pilot though.

In a single player campaign I can retire and transfer pilots.

:salute:

ESevenb20200709220766.zip

To get back to the fuel setting: By default, I have 60% fuel in the game, even if PWCG says 100%. Do I always have to change the setting in the game? Believe that it has not been like this so far.

And is the Cruise Speed in miles or km?

Edited by Almenas
PatrickAWlson
43 minutes ago, Almenas said:

To get back to the fuel setting: By default, I have 60% fuel in the game, even if PWCG says 100%. Do I always have to change the setting in the game? Believe that it has not been like this so far.

I don't know.  What PWCG has is what the mission file has.  I didn't even know that you could have a default setting in the game.  Not sure who would win but you could just look at your plane before you start the mission to see what it is set at.

Looks like the game is winning. No change in speed. In PWCG set to 360, in the game the speed is 400 km/h, no matter what you set in PWCG.

PatrickAWlson
7 minutes ago, Almenas said:

Looks like the game is winning. No change in speed. In PWCG set to 360, in the game the speed is 400 km/h, no matter what you set in PWCG.

Cruise speed is kph.  The AI is going to make up its own mind about speed.  The waypoint speed is only a suggestion and not an order.

I was referring to fuel .  If PWCG says 100% but you have a default of 60%, is it using 100% or 60%?

This is what happens, it is using 60%. The value in PWCG is not taken over into the game, but has to be set there again. No big deal, but I don't know if this is what is intended.

Fuel.jpg

PatrickAWlson
1 hour ago, Almenas said:

This is what happens, it is using 60%. The value in PWCG is not taken over into the game, but has to be set there again. No big deal, but I don't know if this is what is intended.

Fuel.jpg

I would say it is working as intended.  This is a game decision and not a PWCG decision - I have the ability to set fuel in the mission.  The game records the user's preferences and overrides the mission with those preferences.  Seems OK to me.

LF_CATFLY

Hi Guys,

Suddenly in my second mission then the 10.2.0 report this issue, any idea?

PWCG Error
Fri Jul 10 18:59:28 CEST 2020
pwcg.core.exception.PWCGException: No planes for flight
    at pwcg.mission.flight.plane.FlightPlaneBuilder.buildPlanes(FlightPlaneBuilder.java:27)
    at pwcg.mission.flight.FlightInformationFactory.buildAiFlightInformation(FlightInformationFactory.java:50)
    at pwcg.mission.flight.FlightInformationFactory.buildFlightInformation(FlightInformationFactory.java:18)
    at pwcg.mission.flight.patrol.LowAltPatrolPackage.createPackage(LowAltPatrolPackage.java:24)
    at pwcg.mission.flight.FlightFactory.buildFlight(FlightFactory.java:156)
    at pwcg.mission.AiFlightBuilder.buildFlight(AiFlightBuilder.java:73)
    at pwcg.mission.AiFlightBuilder.createAiFlights(AiFlightBuilder.java:44)
    at pwcg.mission.MissionFlightBuilder.createAiFlights(MissionFlightBuilder.java:85)
    at pwcg.mission.MissionFlightBuilder.generateFlights(MissionFlightBuilder.java:35)
    at pwcg.mission.Mission.generateFlights(Mission.java:118)
    at pwcg.mission.Mission.generate(Mission.java:113)
    at pwcg.mission.MissionGenerator.buildMission(MissionGenerator.java:61)
    at pwcg.mission.MissionGenerator.makeMission(MissionGenerator.java:24)
    at pwcg.gui.campaign.home.GuiMissionInitiator.makeMission(GuiMissionInitiator.java:41)
    at pwcg.gui.campaign.home.CampaignHomeAction.actionPerformed(CampaignHomeAction.java:74)
    at pwcg.gui.campaign.home.CampaignHomeScreen.actionPerformed(CampaignHomeScreen.java:163)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

thanks in advance

Fighter Allied202007101907658.zip

sevenless

Hi Pat, just a small error. I guess one of the name lists has the family name Jackson included with a small "j".

Unbenannt.jpg

vanson77

Hi!

I have testet it in several campaigns (P51/Bodenplatte and BF109 G4/Kuban), but it really seems that since last update AI Wingman refuse to fight enemy planes at all when i am leader. Not by contact, not by manual orders. Unfortunately because of the crappy AI it is hard to notice because they are most of the time quite useless anyway, but at least in my campaigns the only thing they do is trying to keep formation. Tested it severeal times, following enemy fighter and bomber formations, they just keep formation these little cowards.
Maybe it has something to do with the new parameter 'engageable', although in mission editor it is activated. But thats just a guess...

Anyone experienced the same?

Edited by vanson77
PatrickAWlson
28 minutes ago, vanson77 said:

Hi!

I have testet it in several campaigns (P51/Bodenplatte and BF109 G4/Kuban), but it really seems that since last update AI Wingman refuse to fight enemy planes at all when i am leader. Not by contact, not by manual orders. Unfortunately because of the crappy AI it is hard to notice because they are most of the time quite useless anyway, but at least in my campaigns the only thing they do is trying to keep formation. Tested it severeal times, following enemy fighter and bomber formations, they just keep formation these little cowards.
Maybe it has something to do with the new parameter 'engageable', although in mission editor it is activated. But thats just a guess...

Anyone experienced the same?

Bug in the game.  1C states a hot patch is coming soon.

I just reported an issue to the devs in the related thread because I have some streets and railroads hovering ca. 50m above ground in PWCG missions after the update on the Moscow map. I got the answer I should wait for a fix from your side.

I'm aware they changed the height of the map but I'm not sure if the issue has to do with your generator. I used the 10.1. version, it worked without problems and I like the new waypoint management and look in general. Thanks for your work!

Edited by vonGraf
PatrickAWlson
3 hours ago, vonGraf said:

I just reported an issue to the devs in the related thread because I have some streets and railroads hovering ca. 50m above ground in PWCG missions after the update on the Moscow map. I got the answer I should wait for a fix from your side.

I'm aware they changed the height of the map but I'm not sure if the issue has to do with your generator. I used the 10.1. version, it worked without problems and the I like the new waypoint management and look in general. Thanks for your work!

I set all of my ground units to an altitude of zero.  Nothing was changed in terms of ground units for 10.2.  So I too am wondering what they expect me to do.

sevenless
2 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

I set all of my ground units to an altitude of zero.  Nothing was changed in terms of ground units for 10.2.  So I too am wondering what they expect me to do.

Related to this?

1 minute ago, PatrickAWlson said:

So far I understand your programm don't change streets and railways on the maps but I'm still trying to learn the game mechanics. The ground units were all placed correctly, only the textures of the sandy/snowy country roads etc. were hovering.

PatrickAWlson
Just now, sevenless said:

Related to this?

Can't do anything with that.  I do not have height information when I make a mission.  I count on altitude 0 placing the units on the ground.  If that doesn't work then I have no workaround.

I got a mission with the floating river boats the other day.  When I looked at the mission file both the vehicles and the spawns were at altitude 0.  I'm out of ideas.

sevenless
Just now, PatrickAWlson said:

Can't do anything with that.  I do not have height information when I make a mission.  I count on altitude 0 placing the units on the ground.  If that doesn't work then I have no workaround.

I see. Looks like something on their side is still broken then if the new generated mission doesn´t take the 0 height information and translates it into the actual height of the map basing on the coordinates.

PatrickAWlson
8 minutes ago, vonGraf said:

So far I understand your programm don't change streets and railways on the maps but I'm still trying to learn the game mechanics. The ground units were all placed correctly, only the textures of the sandy/snowy country roads etc. were hovering.

I do not place ground textures - ever.  Don't even think that you can.  Roads are not an object.  Buildings yes, but not roads or rivers.

Maybe there is something that I am supposed to do but I don't know what that something might be.  If there is something that I can do on the mission generation side then I suppose that something will surface.  Anyway, before I jump the gun and get pissed off let's let it play out and see what happens.

I did just start the game and there was a patch ... 🤞

PatrickAWlson

Just flew a mission and the Ai was very aggressive, so the patch seems to have worked.  And they do shoot better.

-332FG-Reedrick
4 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Just flew a mission and the Ai was very aggressive, so the patch seems to have worked.  And they do shoot better.

Friendly AI?  I just played about 3-4 missions with a friend and our wingmen never shot once (that we saw).  We'd say them chasing and trailing enemy AI and being right on there 6, but never actually firing

vanson77

Flew another mission, but in in-game career mode (Tempest/Bodenplatte). Was a protecting ground troops mission, and 2 FW190 (ground attacker) came in. My AI wingman did not attack at all and just tried to stay in formation again.

As said in-game career mode, so no PWCG Problem. But it shows that there is still a bug.

Maybe it depends on type of enemy aircraft, need more testing.

Yogiflight
On 7/7/2020 at 3:50 PM, -332FG-Reedrick said:

pilot pictures revert back to the random default when trying to change them

Go back to your squadron page and look at the pilot rooster after you aplied the new picture, you should have the new pic there, at least this worked for me, and from then on, I also had the new pic in my pilot screen.

• LukeFF pinned this topic