And look a these beauties..!!

MC 2O5 - RE 2005  - G55

2dc8eb4aec0d9bf237c2a.thumb.jpg.185cd839e28832090c49df881e736316.jpg

re2005_3a.jpg

1998 G-55 al 75° AMHOMEweb.jpg

Edited by ITAF_Rani
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 6

Question: Do we have operable torpedoes in the game now?.........................

Answer: NO!...............

Question: Can we do a Pacific Campaign justice without torpedoes?

If Jason has a new graphics engine on the shelf to make the next Great Battle then yes we will probably see a Pacific Campaign. The current engine we have now does not have torpedoes, we can't really "SKIP" bombs like we did in the legacy IL2 from a distance.  If it's Pacific next I believe it will be New Guinea with conventional bombing and no real at sea battles.  I desperately want Carriers Ops to be done at some date, but I'm doubtful it can be done with the resource he has now.  Jason is a smart man, he knows what we want to see and I believe he will give it to us at some point.  My vote is for Italy............  would love to start in Sicily and work my way up the boot.  Give us the B-25, and B-26, Beaufighter, Hudson, Beauforts, Wellington, flyable......and of course the C-47.....  Give the LW guided weapons from He-111.....and a few more Italian planes for the early stages.

Big list I know, but any of those additions would be welcome and flown with great enthusiasm in campaigns or online.  

My second vote is we might hear something about it by Christmas, there's still lots of work to be done to finally finish BoBP, TC and FC, so I don't think he wants to start a furor over the next GB just yet, and give his team a much needed rest after he releases all the above titles.  Thank God this is IL2 GB and not DCS where we just throw out shit and call it good and move on to the next thing without polishing up whats already out there..........................JMTCW............

Cheers

Hoss 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Let's keep it that way!

Honestly France 1940 would be really cool imo but I don't want it next. We'd get some really cool early war aircraft like early 109s, D.520 and especially the P-36 Hawk.

Imo it would be a good expansion later down the road after the pacific and more Western Europe in 43-44.

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, ITAF_Rani said:

Italy invasion....

And look a these beauties..!!

MC 2O5 - RE 2005  - G55

2dc8eb4aec0d9bf237c2a.thumb.jpg.185cd839e28832090c49df881e736316.jpg

re2005_3a.jpg

1998 G-55 al 75° AMHOMEweb.jpg

Absolutely agree - Battle of Italian peninsula would be perfect for ETO (Sicily + Malta included). Not only German and beautiful Italian planes, but many interesting allied planes as well - Apache, P47C, Cobras, P40s, P38E-G and of course two engines planes. Well, Battle of Mediterranean would be perfect choice. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, 361st_Hoss said:

Question: Do we have operable torpedoes in the game now?.........................

If Jason has a new graphics engine on the shelf to make the next Great Battle then yes we will probably see a Pacific Campaign. The current engine we have now does not have torpedoes, we can't really "SKIP" bombs like we did in the legacy IL2 from a distance.  If it's Pacific next I believe it will be New Guinea with conventional bombing and no real at sea battles.  I desperately want Carriers Ops to be done at some date, but I'm doubtful it can be done with the resource he has now.  Jason is a smart man, he knows what we want to see and I believe he will give it to us at some point.  My vote is for Italy............  would love to start in Sicily and work my way up the boot.  Give us the B-25, and B-26, Beaufighter, Hudson, Beauforts, Wellington, flyable......and of course the C-47.....  Give the LW guided weapons from He-111.....and a few more Italian planes for the early stages.

Big list I know, but any of those additions would be welcome and flown with great enthusiasm in campaigns or online.  

My second vote is we might hear something about it by Christmas, there's still lots of work to be done to finally finish BoBP, TC and FC, so I don't think he wants to start a furor over the next GB just yet, and give his team a much needed rest after he releases all the above titles.  Thank God this is IL2 GB and not DCS where we just throw out shit and call it good and move on to the next thing without polishing up whats already out there..........................JMTCW............

Cheers

Hoss 

I've never seen anyone say torpedo can't be added, I'm sure the engine is more than capable of handling them. Only reason they aren't in-game now is because we have no real use for them currently.

• Upvote 6

REall

1 minute ago, Legioneod said:

I've never seen anyone say torpedo can't be added, I'm sure the engine is more than capable of handling them. Only reason they aren't in-game now is because we have no real use for them currently.

The He-111 carries them, the Ju-88 carries them, the FW-190 could carry them, the IL2 could carry them, and don't forget the A-20 could carry them......... and there were lots of shipping targets to be had in the waters off the Kuban..............  so as to there being no use for them..............  There are torpedo boats in game that can carry them as well.  At this point in time they should of already been in game when Kuban was released. 

Hoss

Just now, 361st_Hoss said:

REall

The He-111 carries them, the Ju-88 carries them, the FW-190 could carry them, the IL2 could carry them, and don't forget the A-20 could carry them......... and there were lots of shipping targets to be had in the waters off the Kuban..............  so as to there being no use for them..............  There are torpedo boats in game that can carry them as well.  At this point in time they should of already been in game when Kuban was released. 

Hoss

Just because something isnt in the game doesnt mean it can't be added, the devs never said torpedoes were an impossibility.

• Upvote 5

Personally, I don't want a new theater yet. I barely have time to play the existing planes, and I'd rather the series returned to the quality over quantity philosophy. IL-2 needs to head to the Pacific, but that's gonna take some time. In the meantime, the franchise would be better served by a good deal of polish.

• Singleplayer needs a lot of attention, especially in regards to communication and AI. Mimicking real tactics, and the level of training would do this series a ton of good.
  • Controls need to be split and saved per plane.
  • VR turret controls are still quite broken.
  • FC planes basically need a polygon increase out of the box.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 5

37 minutes ago, Legioneod said:

33 minutes ago, 361st_Hoss said:

......... and there were lots of shipping targets to be had in the waters off the Kuban..............  so as to there being no use for them..............  There are torpedo boats in game that can carry them as well.  At this point in time they should of already been in game when Kuban was released. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Well this certainly opened up the proverbial can of worms!

As for myself, I think whatever way Jason and the team steers the next installment will be in the best interest of the studio - which would automatically take into the effect market viability and developmental feasibility. Would I like to see an entirely new theater like the Pacific and the equipment and tactics used specific to that theater? For me the answer is a resounding yes. So would Jason as he earlier remarked - the “catch-22” being accurate data acquisition for the Japanese aircraft.

Once the full release for Bodenplatte appears and FC is in place and the subsequent tweaks and additions which are sure to follow are done, I’m more than perfectly content at reliving those days of history and flying each of these fantastically modeled machines for many, many oodles of hours regardless of what theater appears next - or an actual marital divorce due to such - whichever comes first. I’m really chomping at the bit to start a career also in WWI as VR adds so much more immersion than those days of ROF could accomplish.

Right now I’m watching an episode of the tv documentary series Dogfights on one of the aerial fights in the Pacific mixed in with the Helldivers doing their thing and drooling at the prospects. But, again, whatever happens I’ve got (and will have shortly) more than enough to keep me content in the meantime as I’m sure whatever direction they take in the future will benefit all. 

Cheers fellow pilots enthusiasts!

Edited by BornToBattle
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ITAF_Rani said:

*text and pictures of Italian planes*

You definitely have my vote.

I feel like an European Mediterranian setting with fitting Italian planes has been majorly neglected in the history of flight simulations.

I have to admit, I'm pretty biased, since the Fiat G.55 is, along with the Spitfire series and the P-38, my favorite airframe. Such a great design with an amarment that packs a punch. But beyond that single plane, a Mediterranian expension would give both Allies and Axis options for interesting and fresh plane types.

Edited by Fritz_X
Typos, my bad!

6 hours ago, InProgress said:

How would that be stupid? Hurricane mk2 was not really used by fins, they had like 3 of them and 0 during winter war. If anything, then they would add hurricane mk1 for finland expansion. Still numbers of hurricanes in finland airforce were so low it does not make any sense to add them as core plane. There is much more planes that fit finland than hurricane.

It would be a core plane for the Soviet Air Force lineup

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard

2 hours ago, 361st_Hoss said:

Cheers

Hoss 

Hoss - you can skip bomb? I do it all the time... theres a lot of videos online?

• Upvote 1

Do we know if they are including pilot campaigns with Tank Commander? It occurs to me that the Battle of Normandy was a heavy tank and infantry conflict, with a good pile of close air support. 

I wonder if the Battle of Normandy could be better done as a Tank Crew title with available pilot campaign for people with appropriate aircraft? Or simply including some of the already released appropriate aircraft? 

So a Clash at Normandy that built the Normandy maps and included the P-47D-28 and Fw-190A-8, paired with an Italian campaign that filled out the key missing Allied aircraft from that period? 

• Upvote 2

Have no idea how much more they can squeeze out of this engine, but as it sits now it's not ready for the Pacific.  In the meanwhile I'd be tickled to see some Med which would fit this current engine fine and perhaps give them some swing room to add in and refine the bomber and more naval aspects of the war.  No ones ever done a detailed Italian POV, something I'd really like to see, they had some great planes.

It has been stated that improvements to the existing engine are more likely than a complete rewrite.

If the team can pull off more upgrades like the pilot physiology and DX11 rendering improvements, this is a very reasonable position. With appropriate engine improvements, I think they could handle just about any theatre short of very large operations such as strategic bombing.

Edited by Mitthrawnuruodo

15 hours ago, Pre said:

After 3 Eastern Front titles, it'd be nice to have just one more Western Europe title before moving on.

Now that I think about it, if the Pacific isn't yet a go after BoBP then maybe an Italy early Summer 1944-45 just prior to the Gothic Line would be interesting and would add many planes that we could probably use for Bodenplatte and late war Italian fighters so we don't have only one. Perhaps the Northern part of Italy to ~ Rome could be covered by the devs, and the Southern part by Team Fusion.

Edited by Novice-Flyer

...i am ready for download the MIG's templates.:biggrin:.

Edited by szelljr

Well, obviously all our speculations will not have the slightest impact to where we're heading next since the decision is already made and I guess, work is already well underway on the upcoming scenario. 

Nevertheless I like all the wild speculations in this thread. 

PTO would be my first choice too, followed by Normandy, if the PTO proofes to be currently undoable. 

What I really would love to see is Korea as a side branch. 

Outside the Pacific, the Italian Front makes the most sense when it comes to plane sets. I had a look at German aircraft and they pretty much included all of the aircraft produced in large numbers. There is still a variant of the 190 and some Me's that could thrown in one more content, but i doubt you get two without really scraping the bottom of the barrel. This is why it would be a good idea to focus on the Pacific and then produce different maps and "collector planes" to fill out the roster. 

On 11/2/2019 at 8:45 PM, I./JG1_Baron said:

I have a dream - France 1940.

That’s just what Duh Fuehrer said!

Edited by EAF19_Marsh
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The most optimal path to develop IL-2 content & experience after BoBP in my opinion is:
1) Finland (& Murmansk) - New faction: Finnish Airforce. This gives also the opportunity to develop naval aspect of the sim with Gulf of Finland and Arctic Sea around Murmansk.

2) Mediterranean - New faction: Italian Airforce. Sicily, Malta, Italy as new opportunity to refine naval aspects and bring more volume to the battlefield.
3) Pacific - New faction: Imperial Japanese Airforce (+IJN). After two previous steps, the sim is now at least technology wise ready to dive in to the Pacific theatre of war.

Some intermediate expansions could be developed with subcontractors or by 1C/777 themself like Spanish Civil War, Poland, France, Norway,  Hungary etc.

Edited by LLv44_Damixu
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, 361st_Hoss said:

All you have to do to circumvent this is start by only modeling the US-side, then give all the torpedo bombers torpedo-shaped weights. when they hit the water just make them sink, or make it so that you see an asthetic trail from said torpedo which randomly veers in a direction. No one will notice if the devs claim "the US torpedos are designed with reliability rates corresponding to what they were in real life" 

something something one successful US torpedo hit in the entirety of the battle of midway something something

cries in abysmal US Mk 13, 14, and 15 torpedoes

• Like 1

My best guess is 2-3 weeks to announcement. I also guess Normandy (informed by Mosquito not being part of collectors planes now planned), Korea or Pacific, in this order. Just my input.

For me it would be desirable, the Baltic Sea with Königsberg, Danzig, Memel. Maybe to Warsaw. So 2 time frames would be possible, 1939 and 44/45.
The 2nd option would be central Italy with Monte Cassino.

Frankly, I don't care what they come up next. I'll preorder and install it asap and will have a ton of fun with it. I'm pretty sure of that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Luger1969 said:

collectors planes now planned

Don't forget that the now planned collectors planes are actually more for the Eastern front.

They are not necessarily collectors planes for Bodenplatte.

So, it can still go any direction, next theatre as well as next batch of collectors planes.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

I would like to flesh out the front we just got a bit more before flying all the way across the world and several years back/forward in time

And as much as I'd love Korea, they'd have to round out some serious AI optimisations so we could get the B-29 bomber formations to shoot down. Don't care if they're flyable, but they're a core part of the MiG-15 experience

Whatever they make it's going to be a blast.

Midway and Normandy are serious contenders but I wouldn't rule out a Pacific escenario without Carriers, like Solomons 43 (USMC Corsairs) or New Guinea.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Kataphrakt said:

All you have to do to circumvent this is start by only modeling the US-side, then give all the torpedo bombers torpedo-shaped weights. when they hit the water just make them sink, or make it so that you see an asthetic trail from said torpedo which randomly veers in a direction. No one will notice if the devs claim "the US torpedos are designed with reliability rates corresponding to what they were in real life" 

something something one successful US torpedo hit in the entirety of the battle of midway something something

cries in abysmal US Mk 13, 14, and 15 torpedoes

They did have a huge problem, no one ever bothered to test the actual function of a live one, there wasn't even one pilot who had ever taken off with one in the battle, they had no clue if it would even work.  That was because of the depression pre-war, and the loss of over 80% of all stock when Cavite Naval Yard fell into Japanese hands.  Not the brightest move forward stationing almost all of the goods, led directly to no training inventory avaliable.  Later they discovered via testing the Navy's written parameters were damaging the internal mechanisms on 100% of the drops, even had they managed to get one off at Midway, it would have failed. 

I can hardly wait to find out ..... 😋

Edited by 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan

16 hours ago, [CPT]Crunch said:

They did have a huge problem, no one ever bothered to test the actual function of a live one, there wasn't even one pilot who had ever taken off with one in the battle, they had no clue if it would even work.  That was because of the depression pre-war, and the loss of over 80% of all stock when Cavite Naval Yard fell into Japanese hands.  Not the brightest move forward stationing almost all of the goods, led directly to no training inventory avaliable.  Later they discovered via testing the Navy's written parameters were damaging the internal mechanisms on 100% of the drops, even had they managed to get one off at Midway, it would have failed. 

Holy crap, some part of me knew the american torpedo development was bad but I had no idea how bad.

@[CPT]Crunch There was a lot wrong with US torpedo development between the wars. The Mark 14 torpedo in particular managed to have every critical component either badly designed, badly built, or both, and resulted in a torpedo that was completely ineffective until serious redesign and remanufacture happened. 

It was tested with the wrong weight so it ran significantly deeper than it was set to and would run to far under the target of set for a low hull or magnetic detonation shot. 

It's gyro was poorly made, so it tended to circle back and hit the launching ship. 

The magnetic detonator was badly designed and configured so it did not work, either not detonating at all, going off when the torpedo armed, or simply going off to far from the target to actually damage it. 

The contact detonator was an obsolete design and tended to not fire when used at the speeds of the Mark 14 torpedo. Since no live fire tests were done during development, they never discovered the fault. 

The entire Mark 14 Torpedo fiasco is, to me at least, one of the biggest engineering scandals of World War II, and possibly of all time. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/3/2019 at 10:21 AM, [CPT]Crunch said:

Have no idea how much more they can squeeze out of this engine, but as it sits now it's not ready for the Pacific.

You’d better tell the Dev’s and the mission editor, because as we speak I can select Japan as a nationality for an aircraft or other unit.

Channel front: 1942 - 1943

P51 B

P47 C

B26

Typhoon

Beaufighter

FW190 A6

Me 109 G6 late

Me 410

With these planes we could do operations from 1941 with the Spitfire V and Hurricane II, through 1943 with the American types, the Typhoon, etc, and into 1944 with the types already available.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 7

27 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Channel front: 1942 - 1943

P51 B

P47 C

B26

Typhoon

Beaufighter

FW190 A6

Me 109 G6 late

Me 410

With these planes we could do operations from 1941 with the Spitfire V and Hurricane II, through 1943 with the American types, the Typhoon, etc, and into 1944 with the types already available.

And that makes a lot of sense! -- and would love that planeset too! (P-51B, P-47C, Typhoon, Beaufighter, B-26, Me 410?!?!? - what is not to love?!!!!! Gimmie gimmie!) ...still would also love Mosquito and some italian planes though as well (Sicily/Italy) . But I think your proposal has a pretty decent chance of happening, tbh.

Edited by Redwo1f