sinned

Next Theater Announcement Date

They could cover all this with one DLC with 4 not demanding maps as 90% is sea (more work is on ships), and 10 airplanes. 

Planty stuff to do for SP and MP, and some what if scenarious.

Basic planset:
F2A-3, F4F-4(F-3 as modification), SBD-3, TBD-1, TBF-1, P-40B,

( PBY could be as AI only for start, other airplanes as static only to be targets on airbases)
A6M2-21, B5N2, D3A1 (A2 as modification), A6M3-32 or that recon F1M2

4 maps:
Pearl Harbor, Midway, Aleutians and one just sea map for carrier vs carrier battles.

Pearl Harbor,  7 ‎December 1941
A6M2, B5N2, D3A1 - Akagi, Kaga, Soryu, Hiryu, Shokaku, and Zuikaku
P-40B 

The Battle of the Coral Sea, 4–8 May 1942
A6M2, D3A1, B5N2 , Shokaku and Zuikaku + Shoho
F4F3/3A, SBD3, TBD1 , Lexington and Yorktown

Battle of Midway, 4-7 June 1942
A6M2-21, B5N2, D3A1 - Kaga, Akagi, Hiryu and Soryu
F2A-3, F4F-4, TBD-1, SBD-3, TBF-1 - Enterprise, Hornet and Yorktown

Aleutians, 3–4 June 1942
A6M2-B5N2-D3A1 Junyo and Ryujo
P-40E (that is already in game for SP on US side)

Battle of the Eastern Solomons, 24–25 August 1942
A6M2, B5N2, D3A1 , Shokaku and Zuikaku, Ryujo
F4F4, SBD3, TBF1 , Saratoga and Enterprise

Battle of the Santa Cruz Islands, 26 October 1942
A6M2, A6M3, B5N2, D3A1/A2 , Shokaku and Zuikaku, Junyo
F4F4, SBD3, TBF1 , Hornet and Enterprise 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 6

I think it goes without saying that the pacific will cover a huge part of World War II. With the movie coming out on Midway and recent discoveries, it is an absolute marketing dream. 

Another great option would be North Africa ideally before the entry of the US, but after wouldn't be bad either. . This would tie in nicely with Tank Crew. 

58 minutes ago, =[TIA]=Stoopy said:

My own feelings on this:

- I know that I won't be paying that much attention to detail as the outline of the ship comes into view of the gunsight of my SBD as I'm diving down on it from the clouds. As long as the hull outline is accurate I will be happy since that's what will matter to me in the moment.  There simply won't be time or opportunity to fly close enough for long enough to take in that level of detail or check the accuracy of the number and placement of lifeboats and scuppers.  And really, who does that??!!   The ships we have right now even have more detail than I have the realistic ability to take in during action, and I suspect I'm not alone there?

The problem with carriers is unlike other ships which ingame often only suit as an target you attack, carriers also serve as airfields where you take off and land on and I am sure many players would like the experience of taking off and landing on carriers, also to note for midway carriers are the only airfields the japanese will have and most airfields the americans will have.

• Upvote 1

Last time with Battle of Kuban they were finishing that title up and they announced the next content releases before the official launch. That came in December of 2017 and Kuban launched in March of 2018. This time it looks like we'll have that announcement happen either simultaneously or sometime after.

There's two competing elements here with one of them being that surely 1CGS will want to bask, albeit briefly, in the great work that they've done bringing the current titles to release status. Flying Circus and Bodenplatte are going to both have a moment for them and that's pretty exciting. For new players and the external community there's going to be interest because of the release. For the rest of us who have been along for the ride we're inevitably asking about what is next (and we have for weeks, months and even years :)).

I think it's going to be an interesting time. Surely the main line IL-2: Great Battles Series is set to continue. I have very little doubt about that. Will there be a Flying Circus Vol 2? The presence of a Vol 1 suggests that there is an intention to do that but of course the financials and the business case have to be there too. Tank Crew is another question though I'm curious to see if a sequel is announced at the same time as everything else or if that will come later/separately.

Lots of questions, not too many options to read between the lines, and tons of speculation right now. We'll see what happens!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, InProgress said:

Europa-map-funzioni-locator.jpg

This is Europe. It a political and social (not geographic) map.

Cartina con tutti i Paesi dell'Unione europea

12 minutes ago, Mavi said:

Cartina con tutti i Paesi dell'Unione europea

And what are Russians, belorussians and Ukrainians? Asians? And would a 1945 map have made the same distinction?

btw liberation of Poland would therefore fit you definition of a European scenario...

20 hours ago, Bando said:

Boring as Russia?

I think Kuban is a beautiful map. If they go further west a bit, the Crimea area should also be a jewel to fly on.

The Moscow and Stalingrad maps may be boring to you, they are not to me. A lot of the air war going on was on Russian soil, so that justifies any map in Russia, for there was fighting all over the place there (and it went eastward and the back to the west, so multiple uses for the same map).

I do not find Russia boring at all. In fact, I knew very little of the war in Russia until I forced myself to learn some more about it, simply because I was flying this sim.
No, not boring (for me).

They are interesting maps, however, right now, another front would likely bring a broader new plane set than an Eastern Front title would. We've got a very strong exploration of the 109, 190, Yak and Lavochkin lines, and another Eastern front battle would mostly just add to that. 

I'm thinking we're probably more likely to see the Eastern front extended through the Tank Commander line then the main line, especially if they start adding air campaigns to the Kursk maps. That may be a way to get people into the tank game too. 

I'm thinking a late war Soviet line up would more likely come after the Pacific theater and could focus on the end war battles between the VVS and the remains of the Imperial Japanese forces. That would mean they would not need to draw on the remaining Luftwaffe aircraft, and would be something completely new and exotic for the VVS pilots. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Mavi said:

That is a map of the European Union, not Europe. While where exactly the eastern borders of Europe are placed has been a matter of some debate (it is after all a social construct), but nowhere have I ever seen it suggested that the current political borders of Finland, Poland, Romania etc mark its limits, and it is generally agreed that the Ural watershed is the dividing line for that part of the border. Further south, it gets more complicated.

• Upvote 1

Pacific seems like it has to be next, and should be. We've covered eastern front and western front, and now it's time for the Pacific. It would draw in a lot of new, untapped players from the U.S., and be a very refreshing change of pace. Of course, it would be a huge task, but if possible, the devs should go for it.

• Upvote 4

On 11/1/2019 at 5:37 AM, Jonttu1 said:

Leeks?

Love them in soup!

2 hours ago, 77.CountZero said:

Aleutians, 3–4 June 1942
A6M2-B5N2-D3A1 Junyo and Ryujo
P-40E (that is already in game for SP on US side)

Gimme a P-38 or you'll be commandeered to Adak or - worse - Shemya or Attu!

Edited by Bremspropeller

No one talked about the F4-U

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, DN308 said:

No one talked about the F4-U

THANK YOU.

double points for the 20mm one 

• Like 1

On 11/1/2019 at 9:04 AM, Mavi said:

I really hope the next theatre will be in Europe: Italy, France, England should be great

I don’t really care what battle the devs do next just as long as it makes everyone, almost everyone happy and it’s NOT Battle of Britain, MTO, or D-Day.

• Upvote 1

Id also like to add that its already been verified that the flags in QMB dont mean anything.

Its not proof one way or another.  Just saying.

1 minute ago, Novice-Flyer said:

I don’t really care what battle the devs do next just as long as it makes everyone, almost everyone happy and it’s NOT Battle of Britain, MTO, or D-Day.

I could deal with the MTO.

But ya god please no DDAY or BoB.

If they do DDay, I hope its just one of many battles covered in a Battle of Pointblank or something.

However if they arent going to delve into 4 engine bombers I think the most realistic and best options are 

*Pacific

*later E Front

*MTO

*Early war

Hey maybe it wont bother other ppl so much or no one else cares. Its weird enough for me to have a western europe ww2 flying title without even ai 4 engines.  If they tried to cover *more* of the western front that was saturated with thousands and thousands and thousands of 4 engined bombers.. it just would be off in my opinion.

Itd be like modelling the VVS but leaving out Il2s

21 minutes ago, Novice-Flyer said:

I’d be very happy with BoB, MTO or D-Day, and I really don’t care if everyone is happy.

• Upvote 1

If you want MTO, check out CloD and TF 5.0.

It's going to be released closer in the future than a BoX MTO standalone.

PTO or bust!

• Haha 1

If they don't go to the Pacific then my hope is that they'll do D-Day, it makes the most sense if they want to stick to a tactical theme and continue with the 9th Air Force. It would also make a lot of sense from a single player perspective due to the career following the 9th and 2nd TAF.

D-Day would be a dream come true for alot of players who like the western front, the map could also e used as a BoB stand in.

Typhoon

P-47D-22

P-51B/C

Mosquito 

B-26 Marauder

Not sure exactly what German aircraft could be added as I don't know much about them but here are a few I have in mind.

Bf109G6 Late

Fw190A6/A7

Do 217?

Me 410

I want the PTO as much as anyone else but I also want aircraft that served in Western Europe so I'm torn between the two.

Edited by Legioneod
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, szelljr said:

...i need the MIG 15.:biggrin:.

2 hours ago, ST_ami7b5 said:

Go DCS ;)

I did this (dumb) thing... but Korea scenery don'y came together. Useless.:negative:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

with this game engine and netcode PTO is out of the question. Unfortunately. Large formations and aircraft carriers just wouldnt work well in MP. Then again it would have a lot of water which is less heavy than ground.

I would like to see Korea scenery.

Edited by =VARP=Tvrdi
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, =VARP=Tvrdi said:

with this game engine and netcode PTO is out of the question. Unfortunately. Large formations and aircraft carriers just wouldnt work well in MP. Then again it would have a lot of water which is less heavy than ground.

I would like to see Korea scenery.

Korea would be a mistake imo. I'd hate to see them depart from WW2 to go to Korea. I wouldn't mind Korea as a side project but I'd rather not see it if it means leaving WW2.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Danziger said:

It's too late for a theater announcement.

It's never too late 😉

Edited by I./JG1_Baron

1 hour ago, BraveSirRobin said:

I’d be very happy with BoB, MTO or D-Day

1 hour ago, HerrBree said:

+1MTO

55 minutes ago, Legioneod said:

If they don't go to the Pacific then my hope is that they'll do D-Day

Guys. The devs are NOT GOING to Battle of Britain, Mediterranean, or D-Day after Bodenplatte. Let it go Alright! For the past 5 years in this game we've seen the same old, same old battles: Luftwaffe vs Allies. Time for a change. Allies vs Japan, Pacific, Aircraft Carriers, many ships.

The devs aren't going to BoB, MTO, and D-Day mainly due to lack of enough resources to do it right.

More people on this forum will live to see BoB, MTO, and D-Day covered by Team Fusion in IL-2 Cliffs of Dover than in IL-2 Great Battles. Oh wait. People have lived to see BoB covered by Team Fusion in IL-2 Cliffs of Dover.

Edited by Novice-Flyer
  • Upvote 1

The decision as to which theatre is done next lies with the developers and publishers, and not with anyone else. As far as I'm aware, there has been no official statement at any time ruling out any specific theatre, for any specific reason. Which means that anyone is entitled to express an opinion regarding IL-2 GB expansion to BoB, the MtO, D-Day, or anything else. How about you 'letting it go', just for once, Novice-Flyer?

• Upvote 2

mediterran, with tank battle on Libya :)

france, english, italia, usa and german nations

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, AndyJWest said:

The decision as to which theatre is done next lies with the developers and publishers, and not with anyone else. As far as I'm aware, there has been no official statement at any time ruling out any specific theatre, for any specific reason. Which means that anyone is entitled to express an opinion regarding IL-2 GB expansion to BoB, the MtO, D-Day, or anything else. How about you 'letting it go', just for once, Novice-Flyer?

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Novice-Flyer said:

Guys. The devs are NOT GOING to Battle of Britain, Mediterranean, or D-Day after Bodenplatte. Let it go Alright! For the past 5 years in this game we've seen the same old, same old battles: Luftwaffe vs Allies. Time for a change. Allies vs Japan, Pacific, Aircraft Carriers, many ships.

The devs aren't going to BoB, MTO, and D-Day mainly due to lack of enough resources to do it right.

More people on this forum will live to see BoB, MTO, and D-Day covered by Team Fusion in IL-2 Cliffs of Dover than in IL-2 Great Battles. Oh wait. People have lived to see BoB covered by Team Fusion in IL-2 Cliffs of Dover.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. I recall a few years back that people said we'd never see Western Europe but here we are. You don't know whats going to be the next expansion so no need to say something will never happen.

If the pacific is still a ways off then the only logical expansion is Normandy or MTO. No sense it abandoning Western Europe with only one expansion.

If the PTO is next I'll be happy but I'll be just as happy with Normandy. Hopefully the Pacific is next and then another western expansion to go with Bodenplatte.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for proving my point with the video, Novice-Flyer. Jason's words: "if the [North Africa] opportunity presents itself further down the line, ah, you know, maybe we'll go there", and later "if an opportunity  presents itself later on, where we feel that going to the Mediterranean will be profitable then maybe we'll take a look at it".  Seems clear enough to me. MtO not ruled out at all.

Edited by AndyJWest

2 minutes ago, Legioneod said:

If the pacific is still a ways off then the only logical expansion is Normandy or MTO

I wouldn't say Normandy and MTO are the only logical expansions after Bodenplatte if PTO is still a no go. The devs can also do something like Finland, an early/late Eastern front battle, or just focus their efforts on TC/FC as well as adding some new collector planes.

Italy invasion and later wouldn't step in CloD's lineup  (earlier Malta/North Africa scenario, then they will return to post 1940 Channel in theory). And it would be the best alterntative to the Pacific. They can develop carrier mechanics there, give much wanted earlier P-38/P-47, later P-40s, later Italian fighters, etc, everyone wins.

I still think we are getting the Pacific anyway, the flags and mission editor Japan faction is enough evidence.

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Novice-Flyer said:

Guys. The devs are NOT GOING to Battle of Britain, Mediterranean, or D-Day after Bodenplatte. Let it go Alright! 

If PTO is out I think there is actually a very good chance that the next option is Normandy.  So no, I won’t let it go.

• Haha 1

I see it like the others. I think it is pretty clear that we don't see a battle of Britain or North Africa. But an expansion about the battle of Italy 1943/44? why not. (Edit: SuperEtendard was faster)There is no reason not to do it. Teamfusion is currently covering the early stages of war and there is a lot of places besides italy that could be covered. I mean it would be perfect to add mainly italian late war planes with maybe a few german types (like Do 217/ Me-410) with earlier versions of P-47/P-51s and the Mosquito.

Also normandy would be feasible but i think there are more problems to get enough germans for that pack.  And i don't think they're going for another early eastern front scenario. Would be stupid to release the hurricane as collector plane instead of making it to a core part of an expansion like finland. Same thing counts for the Yak-9 that would be definetly included in an later scenario of 1943/1944. 

But as other pointed out, we can't really decide where we are going. And as far as i know jason wrote some time ago that the decision is already made.

Edited by 6FG_Big_Al
fixing errors
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2