sinned

Next Theater Announcement Date

With BOBP close to release, do you guys know when will the team announce next theater?

I think BOBP was announced before BOK release.  

Not sure whether it's wise to split resources.

BoBp will be ready, but what about FC and TC?

Maybe it's better to finish everything before a new project is being started.

:drinks:

Mike

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Will be ready... I hope so, but when?

52 minutes ago, SAS_Storebror said:

BoBp will be ready, but what about FC and TC?

Maybe it's better to finish everything before a new project is being started.

We wait four remaining 3D-models for TC from our partners so it does not depend on us. TC campaigns are ready and you'll see them soon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, BlackSix said:

We wait four remaining 3D-models for TC from our partners so it does not depend on us. TC campaigns are ready and you'll see them soon.

So looking forward to those campaigns :3 

• Upvote 1

And BoBP? Do we have a release date?

37 minutes ago, Jonttu1 said:

Leeks?

Oh I hope not. 

75B1F7CE-4FA6-4BB7-AE98-D15B2906A4A9.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, BlackSix said:

I hope there will be a DD today.

I hope so too...

DSY3_peX0AAsdZ4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Rjel said:

Oh I hope not. 

75B1F7CE-4FA6-4BB7-AE98-D15B2906A4A9.jpeg

Someone can explain me this joke?

I just found out what leek means in English but I suppose this is a joke and I don’t have the point

1 minute ago, DN308 said:

Someone can explain me this joke?

I just found out what leek means in English but I suppose this is a joke and I don’t have the point

A leek is that vegetable pictured, a "leak" in this context would mean information spread in an unofficial or unauthorized way.

Does that help?

All right! Thanks a lot.

I Learnt something new today!

At least one good new! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, BlackSix said:

I hope there will be a DD today.

Any chance the controls for tanks in VR will be polished before TC release? 

1 hour ago, namhee2 said:

My bloodhound looking for ...

iStock_000018016041_Medium.jpg

That one dog standing up in the back is thinking "My God, rover, what did you EAT?"

• Haha 2

I will announce our next theater when it's the proper time. Now is not the proper time.

Jason

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 9

2 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

I will announce our next theater when it's the proper time. Now is not the proper time.

Jason

Thanks Jason.  

Thanks Jason, 

I will patiently wait and hope that the next theater is PTO. I love everything you guys have done so far with the game!

• Upvote 1

I really hope the next theatre will be in Europe: Italy, France, England should be great for landascapes, planes, historic missions, cities. Everything in Europe is much better than other places, expecially those abandoned landscapes in russia or pacific areas. And why don't create a larger number of smallest maps (i.e. 120 km * 120 Km) related to interestisting areas (Normandy, South England, Sicily, North Africa, at least Pacific islands) to envolve interesting campaigns? Please don't give us another map so boring as russia....    

Edited by Mavi
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

Boring as Russia?

I think Kuban is a beautiful map. If they go further west a bit, the Crimea area should also be a jewel to fly on.

The Moscow and Stalingrad maps may be boring to you, they are not to me. A lot of the air war going on was on Russian soil, so that justifies any map in Russia, for there was fighting all over the place there (and it went eastward and the back to the west, so multiple uses for the same map).

I do not find Russia boring at all. In fact, I knew very little of the war in Russia until I forced myself to learn some more about it, simply because I was flying this sim.
No, not boring (for me).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 19

15 minutes ago, Bando said:

Boring as Russia?

I think Kuban is a beautiful map. If they go further west a bit, the Crimea area should also be a jewel to fly on.

The Moscow and Stalingrad maps may be boring to you, they are not to me. A lot of the air war going on was on Russian soil, so that justifies any map in Russia, for there was fighting all over the place there (and it went eastward and the back to the west, so multiple uses for the same map).

I do not find Russia boring at all. In fact, I knew very little of the war in Russia until I forced myself to learn some more about it, simply because I was flying this sim.
No, not boring (for me).

Agreed, I quite like the Eastern Front action, and its given me a perspective on the war I didn't have before...most of the WWII history we get in Western countries talks very little about the Eastern front, thought thankfully that has been changing over the last decade.

• Upvote 6

To be fair, bits of the new "europe" map can seem "boring" but thats because in reality they are (to fly over). IMHO all the maps in the series have their good and "boring" bits of landscape.

Even then, they are blimmin good in comparison with other current sims. :) (ymmv )

Sure...

But: a little change could and should makes the game alive for a while. 
The Italy campaign could be a serious kick and boost for the serie.

Using an expansion of the BoBP now existing map can be a serious base for further expansions

• Upvote 3

We have Europe, we have Russia.  Oceana opens the game wide open. Giant maps, because it's mostly sea creates large scale sea battles, amphibious assaults, bunker busting, and CARRIER Ops!  Plus Japanese planes that are very different from what we have today would be refreshing.

I know the challenges that come with PTO, but if all things equal, there's less benefit to another mainland campaign. 

• Upvote 2

ok, thanks man.  so reading between the lines, proper time is when decision, budget and greenlight from mgmt are in order. 

Now is not the proper time because either theatre is not decided or/and budget is pending for an approval.  

So pacific is still not confirmed.  got it.  thanks, 

Why do you guys differentiate between Europe and Russia? Most Russians are Europeans and in WWII the Wehrmacht never pushed past Ural - so the eastern front was in Europe for four years...

And there are two possible reasons to not tell the next theatre:

either it's not decided yet (which I don't believe because after most bodenplatte stuff released the team is most likely already busy again) or there's a marketing strategy in place...

when will the new midway movie be released again? ^^

Edited by Eisenfaustus
typo
  • Upvote 4

I think now is the best time to announce midway because Akagi and Kaga were found in October. Plus the release of a new film about midway. This can draw the attention of new players to the game.

Already there are models of aircraft carriers😊

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Mavi said:

I really hope the next theatre will be in Europe

Europe-map-features-locator.jpg

Edited by InProgress
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 6

1545912041_PacificTheater.thumb.jpg.4455b41c968d1555568bc7a437da2e28.jpg

No compromise: Pacific Theater.

Nothing more exciting than the following background action to this picture :

Torpedo planes flying low atop waves and letting go torpedoes against an aircraft carrier, amidst a wall of iron and tracers barrage. The planes are surrounded by water sprays. Fighters diving from above try to intercept risking being hit by friendly fire.

Higher in the sky dive bombers are attacking the ships again through a wall of orange and black flowers blossoming in the sky. Tracers criss cross all over. Tens of AAA guns spit flashes and smoke from the ships around the carriers, destroyer and light cruisers. All the ships are lit like flaming Christmas trees.

An enemy battleship pounds the task force from far away.

Fighters flying cover for the bombers get attacked by fighters from the carrier force. 

All over planes go down trailing smoke and flames and create high water plumes when they hit water.

A submarine lurking just under the surface sends a torpedo salvo to the battleship.

A light cruiser in flames gets rocked by a huge explosion and breaks in two and goes under in a minute.

All around the sunken ship and bubbling water dozens of sailors float, some are in dinghies.

This is the dream and hell scenario challenge for Jason. Hope he will take it. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

That model of the Akagi is a real beauty, the detail is truly outstanding.:cool:

Could the GB series cope with all those polygons?   I hope so, I guess that is the kind of detail players might expect, a world away from Pacific Fighters,

not sure my rig could handle that detail though as well as all the action of a carrier battle.:cray:

As far as the next installment of the series goes I think Han mentioned the announcement might come mid November, certainly only after the full release

of Bodenplatte anyway.:drinks:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

I think it's unlikely that we'll find out before the release. I mean the possible release might be next week Monday (or the following week). It would be my hope that the new title will be announced with the next update. On the other hand, Christmas is already more or less around the corner, which could mean that we will find out at the end of November or beginning of December. At least it would make sense to take the Christmas business on board.

But anyways, i'm happy and excited to see what is coming next 😄

Another eastern front title means no money from me, period.  Not saying it to be rude.  Just stating facts.  Quite tired of Russia, and super excited about Bodenplatte and the departure it represents.  To turn back around after that would be really disappointing.

• Confused 1

Would be great ... Pacific with Pearl Harbour, Midway and ... the attack and demise of Yamamoto using the awesome,

non-other-than the deadly P-38J (as we know those were the only planes AFAIK that could pull of such an endeavour because of their outstanding range capabilities). 

Good read ...

https://www.historyextra.com/period/second-world-war/how-miraculous-battle-midway-pearl-harbor-america/

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/incredible-story-how-america-assassinated-man-responsible-pearl-harbor-92071

But even if the IL-2 theatre were to go back East or so first ... I will still be first in line to go into EA with it.

Curious, but I can wait though ... BoBP, FC and TC still have far too much to expore for me anyway !   

Edited by simfan2015

2 hours ago, IckyATLAS said:

1545912041_PacificTheater.thumb.jpg.4455b41c968d1555568bc7a437da2e28.jpg

No compromise: Pacific Theater.

Nothing more exciting than the following background action to this picture :

Torpedo planes flying low atop waves and letting go torpedoes against an aircraft carrier, amidst a wall of iron and tracers barrage. The planes are surrounded by water sprays. Fighters diving from above try to intercept risking being hit by friendly fire.

Higher in the sky dive bombers are attacking the ships again through a wall of orange and black flowers blossoming in the sky. Tracers criss cross all over. Tens of AAA guns spit flashes and smoke from the ships around the carriers, destroyer and light cruisers. All the ships are lit like flaming Christmas trees.

An enemy battleship pounds the task force from far away.

Fighters flying cover for the bombers get attacked by fighters from the carrier force. 

All over planes go down trailing smoke and flames and create high water plumes when they hit water.

A submarine lurking just under the surface sends a torpedo salvo to the battleship.

A light cruiser in flames gets rocked by a huge explosion and breaks in two and goes under in a minute.

All around the sunken ship and bubbling water dozens of sailors float, some are in dinghies.

This is the dream and hell scenario challenge for Jason. Hope he will take it. 

Couldn't agree and wish for more!

There are technical challenges awaiting them like torpedo tech, ship (carriers, destroyers) modeling, game engine improvements so it can sustain a lot AI units and planes but all that will benefit whole GB series and most important it will cover battles for anyones taste and made solid ground to expand game more easily in all directions.

I hope we won't wait long to find out, maybe after BoBp release they make an announcement!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Missionbug said:

That model of the Akagi is a real beauty, the detail is truly outstanding.:cool:

Could the GB series cope with all those polygons?   I hope so, I guess that is the kind of detail players might expect, a world away from Pacific Fighters

My own feelings on this:

- I know that I won't be paying that much attention to detail as the outline of the ship comes into view of the gunsight of my SBD as I'm diving down on it from the clouds. As long as the hull outline is accurate I will be happy since that's what will matter to me in the moment.  There simply won't be time or opportunity to fly close enough for long enough to take in that level of detail or check the accuracy of the number and placement of lifeboats and scuppers.  And really, who does that??!!   The ships we have right now even have more detail than I have the realistic ability to take in during action, and I suspect I'm not alone there?

- Another "obstacle" that's been brought up for the development of a Pacific campaign has been lack of documentation for some of the Japanese aircraft.  While it's understandable and laudable that the dev team is committed to accuracy, at the end of the day it just means that they have the freedom of "artistic license" to make their best guess.  I can think of few who would be more qualified.  Of course someone will always want to challenge that, but they'll have the same difficulty finding supporting documentation.  So requesting the user base here to provide anything now or forever hold their peace, while not an ideal option, is at least a reasonable and defensible approach that should make any reasonable customer understand and enable the developers to move forward comfortably.  Which is what we all want, I think. 

Edited by =[TIA]=Stoopy
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

Battle of Berlin! British, American and Russia vs. Germany on one Map. 😍

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1