Jump to content
Han

Game version 3.102 discussion: Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.G, Halberstadt CL.II, Bristol Fighter F.2B

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, JG4_Widukind said:

Sound bug
I personally have it only in multiplay mode
often comes after spawning
you only hear individual soundtracks (wind or weapons only)
The soundtracks change in the game depending on the action
You have to leave the game completely, not just the server

the soundbug is at least 2-3 patches back

 

5 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

 

Please explain what sound bug you are referring to exactly. I think you are referring to the one where they disappear after several missions without restarting.

 

Jason

In my case the sound bug is on the Me 262 after this update. But some updates before, the sound bug is about dialogs-sounds. In this vid show the bug sound about the new problem in Me 262, and you can see the problem of disengaged dialogue sound which in my case was from previous updates. What I will do now, will be to update again and also update sound card drivers. I hope that solves the problem.

The problem is in all situation.: game single mission, missions created in ME.

 

PD: If I turn off the engine after land and turn on again, the problem is solved.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVDjxXV3TD4

 

 

 

 

Edited by GOA_Walter_Nowotny
Add words

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Soundbug as long as I play TC and I only play SP. 

 

The panzer IV is gorgeous. 

But I now have an other problem. As soon as the driver hatch opens the tank stops. This too in the Tiger but not for the Russian tanks. As I close the hatch I can drive again. 

Just found out I can not start the P47. It  starts and then stops.    Solved, turned out the mixture was binded to the cowls axis. No clue how that could happen.

Edited by pa4tim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2019 at 8:42 AM, Sneaksie said:

If you have 'failed to update' message in the launcher (if you're using non-Steam version), please close it, navigate to the installation folder of the game and open bin\game folder. There is a file named rofuplib64.dll - please replace it with the one attached to this post (unzip it first of course), then run the launcher again and it should work fine. Sorry for inconvenience!

 

IL2_Version_3102_Launcher_Fix.zip 322.79 kB · 158 downloads

Thank you so much for the update! It seems that it will work now. The only question I have is, if we are paying for this game why do we need to be doing all these to run the game again after an update? The other question that I have is, is there a way in which I can unable the automatic updates.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the uptade...seems all works now good...track ir seems works properly also when I m close to other planes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hello, someone is having troubles with Kaspersky internet security - system watcher- marking and deleting game archives as adware ?, I have suffered this problem two times, first time when i replaced the startup CFG archive, and second time after a complete game reinstall and launch it... 

Thanks 

Edited by andres43

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jfernandohv said:

Thank you so much for the update! It seems that it will work now. The only question I have is, if we are paying for this game why do we need to be doing all these to run the game again after an update? The other question that I have is, is there a way in which I can unable the automatic updates.

Thanks.

First question: You're paying for the game, they're giving you updates and bug fixes as part of the game. Sometimes things go wrong with the updates, so they fix them. Its a pain but thats just the way the product is delivered. Its the price you pay for a game that has multiplayer capability and adding new content all the time. It could be worse - you could buy a game that is never updated and has no bugfixes at all.

Second question, if you want to play offline only you can lauch the game with the .exe file instead of the launcher and then click the option to play the game in Offline Mode. You won't be able to access Multiplayer or the Career, but you can still use Quick Missions, scripted campaigns and PWCG missions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, andres43 said:

Hello, someone is having troubles with Kaspersky internet security - system watcher- marking and deleting game archives as adware ?, I have suffered this problem two times, first time when i replaced the startup CFG archive, and second time after a complete game reinstall and launch it... 

Thanks 

 

I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security with no issues.

 

I have il-2 set under Exclusions/Trusted Application.

 

To do this:

 

1. Click Settings (the gear-wheel icon on lower left of Kaspersky main window)

2. Click 'Additional' on left hand menu

3. Select 'Threats and Exclusions' from list that appears on the right.

4. In the Exclusions section half way down, select 'Manage Exclusions'

5. Click on 'Add' (lower right)

6. Use the Browse button to navigate to your il-2 Sturmovik folder and select it.

7. Under 'Protection Components' you choose which Kaspersky features you want to exclude from acting on il-2 - so select 'System Watcher'

8. Ensure 'Status' at bottom is set to Active, and then press Add to complete.

 

Hopefully that will work. You can also add il-2 to 'Specify Trusted Applications' at Step 4 above. Just select the game .exe and the launcher . exe from the game folder.

 

Hope this helps.

Edited by kendo
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7/26/19 still not working. Can not sign on or update it just hang up with this downloading game client(2.16kb/200gb).o/s. hangs up at that point Will do nothing else  ……..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you delete you Updates folder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kendo said:

 

I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security with no issues.

 

I have il-2 set under Exclusions/Trusted Application.

 

To do this:

 

1. Click Settings (the gear-wheel icon on lower left of Kaspersky main window)

2. Click 'Additional' on left hand menu

3. Select 'Threats and Exclusions' from list that appears on the right.

4. In the Exclusions section half way down, select 'Manage Exclusions'

5. Click on 'Add' (lower right)

6. Use the Browse button to navigate to your il-2 Sturmovik folder and select it.

7. Under 'Protection Components' you choose which Kaspersky features you want to exclude from acting on il-2 - so select 'System Watcher'

8. Ensure 'Status' at bottom is set to Active, and then press Add to complete.

 

Hopefully that will work. You can also add il-2 to 'Specify Trusted Applications' at Step 4 above. Just select the game .exe and the launcher . exe from the game folder.

 

Hope this helps.

Kendo, thanks for your help! ! i will follow your procedure 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Did you buy it?

I presumed the tank was part of the update.

The update isn't supposed to be free?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DN308 said:

I presumed the tank was part of the update.

The update isn't supposed to be free?

 

The game installation has all the data for all the Great Battles titles: BoS, BoM, BoK, BoBP, FC, TC.

The access to the content depends on what parts you own in the Great battles platform. 

 

So the last update came with the new tanks but if you dont own Tank Crew you cannot access that content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

...I've replaced the "rofuplib64.dll" file with the new one as instructed at the beginning of this thread.

 

Still no joy. Game is attempting to re-download the patch / update, and is frozen, will not download anything. Eventually, it tells me "Update Failed".

 

What am I missing, gents? Thanks in advance...

It worked...took 4-5 attempts, but all of a sudden it installed. All good / never mind :)

Edited by GusGrissom
update on my update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DN308 said:

I presumed the tank was part of the update.

The update isn't supposed to be free?

Go and read my post in the french forum to understand how it works.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, vx111vx111swift said:

7/26/19 still not working. Can not sign on or update it just hang up with this downloading game client(2.16kb/200gb).o/s. hangs up at that point Will do nothing else  ……..

 

According to logs (its a miracle I have found them at all), the http server is refusing connection:
Failed to extract file(s) from pack(s).
Failed to get update files from http source.
Closing cURL client.
The log is located at data folder and named update.log

8 hours ago, GusGrissom said:

...I've replaced the "rofuplib64.dll" file with the new one as instructed at the beginning of this thread.

 

Still no joy. Game is attempting to re-download the patch / update, and is frozen, will not download anything. Eventually, it tells me "Update Failed".

 

What am I missing, gents? Thanks in advance...

It worked...took 4-5 attempts, but all of a sudden it installed. All good / never mind :)


What is your /data/update.log says at the end of file? If something about http, I guess their server does not work or refuse your connection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello together,

excuse my terrible english please.

I have the same sound problems with the me 262.

Especially while starting and landing the sound of the engines stutters or is of.

In the air it is better, but by lowering the landing gear or the flaps the same problem occures.

I have reinstalled the game and tried on many airfields but the problem with the me 262 is the same.

I have attached the dx diag file.

Thank you very much guys for the wonderful game.

Im looking forward for the whole "bodenplatte".

DxDiag.txt

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to all who posted on the topic of the ' 'failed to update' message in the launcher '.

The issue underscores some major disincentives to sticking with this simulation:

1. Why should we be prevented from playing when we haven't updated? At the very least, single player mode should remain available.

2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, anomejackblackaust said:

Thanks to all who posted on the topic of the ' 'failed to update' message in the launcher '.

The issue underscores some major disincentives to sticking with this simulation:

1. Why should we be prevented from playing when we haven't updated? At the very least, single player mode should remain available.

2.

 

They are a small team developing some incredible content. I would imagine it would be quite hard to keep supporting different older versions of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Start again:

 

Thanks to all who posted on the topic of the ' 'failed to update' message in the launcher '. I had the same problem, and I got through it - in the end.

The issue underscores some major disincentives to sticking with this simulation:

1. Why should subscribers be prevented from playing when we haven't updated? I can see an argument for multi-play, but the very least, single-player mode should remain available.

2. Why was it necessary to go through convoluted deletions, saving of preferences, etc in order to update. This is a game, not a lesson in coding.

3. Why wasn't this problem fixed overnight by 1C-777?

4. Why are the update downloads so fricking big?

Despite all this, I am not going to abandon the simulation - the big picture is great work. But I would appreciate greater effort on the user experience.

 

 

 

 

Fair comment by dburne.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These problems are not a common occurrence. First time i've experienced it in several years of downloads.

 

it was fixed quite quickly - and advice on how to deal with it was given quickly. Sometimes though...'shit happens'. 

 

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, anomejackblackaust said:

Start again:

 

Thanks to all who posted on the topic of the ' 'failed to update' message in the launcher '. I had the same problem, and I got through it - in the end.

The issue underscores some major disincentives to sticking with this simulation:

1. Why should subscribers be prevented from playing when we haven't updated? I can see an argument for multi-play, but the very least, single-player mode should remain available.

2. Why was it necessary to go through convoluted deletions, saving of preferences, etc in order to update. This is a game, not a lesson in coding.

3. Why wasn't this problem fixed overnight by 1C-777?

4. Why are the update downloads so fricking big?

Despite all this, I am not going to abandon the simulation - the big picture is great work. But I would appreciate greater effort on the user experience.

 

 

 

 

Fair comment by dburne.

 

I believe you have one or two points here.

 

1) I agree it would be nice to have more control on when you are updating and which configurations you will be losing or keeping.

2) Yes the team would better not count on computer literacy these days, people are used to just using stuff, not loading EMM386.EXE and also HIMEM.SYS with option to make use of those extra 64k (whatever it used to be back then). But it is sad.

3) Maybe it's hard to solve people's problems in updating just by releasing an update...? It probably takes something else.

4) The updates are big because the game is great.

 

Edited by J2_Bidu
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Have also the issue with Kaspersky. Damn, f... last Update. Really not happy.

 

Thanks to Kendo for Manual to solve the problem.

 

 

On the other hand, whats happen with the launcher.exe and dll-files to create these conflict with kaspersky, there was no problem for years???

 

Edited by PFR_ulyssesOne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMHO the main reason this could happen is because there is no beta branch like DCS has.

Most people (advanced users, seems most there are ) simply use the Beta branch and accept the possibility things can go wrong.

It is almost a necessity to go to the Beta branch if you want to fly MP !

I, personally, always decided to simply wait till most problems are sorted out by the DCS "beta testers/customers" and fixed before Release.

Don't think people here would be happy with that scenario though (?).

To REALLY prevent any problem I advice people to simply wait a few days before updating and reading the forums (yes, this means they cant play during that time) ! 

As soon as I read about the problems (I always read forums before updating) I decided to perform a clean install and I proved right.

Saved me many hours of pure frustration it seems.

Everything (thus including the version 3.102 Updating) worked fine from the beginning in that workflow scenario.

But YMMV and of course ... "No risk No Fun" !

 

Regards,

Stefaan

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, you are right. But i think there is a small "Beta-Thing" internally.

 

I have 2 - 6 hours for playing IL2 per week, but the last weeks was not fun with IL2 , issues with masterserver, this update and very old problems with stability Ingame (especially coop) and the required rework for all missions after a Patch. Need more fun, less risks.

 

In conclusion, i like the game, i like the work on all these aircrafts and maps, but where are the mission-packs for Coop-Players from developer side and yes, technical issues are not always avoidable, but check the first post in these thread ... no Edit for the known problems and solutions.

 

Question: Is the update in the meanwhile updated? ... Forget the question ... 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thoughtful replies, and a reminder that the developers have to accommodate different expectations. It seems that fidelity to realism comes at a cost of a certain amount of inaccessibility, but that is a debate for another time. Thank you all, and all the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, anomejackblackaust said:

Thanks to all who posted on the topic of the ' 'failed to update' message in the launcher '.

The issue underscores some major disincentives to sticking with this simulation:

1. Why should we be prevented from playing when we haven't updated? At the very least, single player mode should remain available.

2.

I think you have a valid point here. Noone wants to have the older version further supported by the Devs. But giving the players the possibility to decide, when they want to update the game, would be a cool step to avoid things like they happened with this update. When an update is released an additional button to click on 'Update now' to the default 'Start game' button. Then the player can decide to update at once, or later when possible issues are sorted out. Until the player updates, he, of course, can only use offline mode.

You can do this now, too, by cutting your internet connection before playing, but this is quite uncomfortable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Tankers,  are there anyone else with this issue? NO SCHURZEN PLATES for Ausf G update

 

After having issues with failure to update errors and applying the launcher fix zip in this topic (after removing suggested dll file first as suggested) the game only gives me the Panzer IV Ausf F without the schuerzen plates rendered as seen in developer screenshots, not the proper Ausf G with turret and skirt plates... Did I miss something else in the error and not get the full update or missing files still?

 

Please advise steps or suggested fix? Thanks in advance 

 

Sturm308

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a simple extra click in Equipment (modifications)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flying Circus is really shaping up!  Wonderful unexpected update! For $69.00 I couldn’t tell all exactly what I was getting. It doesn’t mention additional aircraft to come. If you are truly the same people who worked on RISE OF FLIGHT, God Bless you and all you do. For World War One VR, you are the only game in town. I’m still finishing my plane collection on Rise of Flight. Anything World War One I will gladly throw my money your way. 

 

And your World War 2 coverage is also something I’m thinking of looking into. 

 

Thank you!

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried that in the game options of both sites standalone IL2 site and Steam version including paint schemes, unit insignia option, scenario maps for Moscow, Stalingrad or Prokhorovka -- no change - have anyone who has updated for Tank Crew get the Panzer IV with schuerzens skin ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Sturm308 said:

Hello Tankers,  are there anyone else with this issue? NO SCHURZEN PLATES for Ausf G update

 

After having issues with failure to update errors and applying the launcher fix zip in this topic (after removing suggested dll file first as suggested) the game only gives me the Panzer IV Ausf F without the schuerzen plates rendered as seen in developer screenshots, not the proper Ausf G with turret and skirt plates... Did I miss something else in the error and not get the full update or missing files still?

 

Please advise steps or suggested fix? Thanks in advance 

 

Sturm308

Salutations,

 

The plates are in Tank Crew. One has to select them for the vehicle. :salute:

PzIVArmorPlates.png

Edited by Thad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine has schurzen. You need to select them in the same tab you choose amo types

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Thad said:

Salutations,

 

The plates are in Tank Crew. One has to select them for the vehicle. :salute:

 

Thank you fellow forum members Namhee2 and Thad for your responses !!!  :drinks: 

 

After getting this as second response, I  cleaned my eye glasses and had my 2nd cup of coffee - :coffee: relaunched.....Lo and behold as obvious the nose on my face, the option for plates. appeared !!! 🤪 Since I really do not typically change my ammo options, I had looked for it to be a check box outside from the ammo inventory choices and separated.

 

Now I can opt for the truly ubiquitous Panzer IV with side plates and all added after March 1943 just in time for the Kursk engagements.

I hope the talented team and decision makers of the IL2 line eventually develop Tank Crew with near equal variety of playable tanks as they do planes, they would have most tank sim devotees open to paying for DLC content for the tanks, missions.....sorry - .ok now getting off topic.

 

I'd settle for same plate options for future Stug and Panther variants :dance:

 

Cheers Y'all !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Sturm308 said:

I'd settle for same plate options for future Stug and Panther variants :dance:

 

Cheers Y'all !

 

From your lips to the developmental gods. I'm sure there will be many more armored fighting vehicles presented to us to destroy other AFVs with.  :salute:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Thad

Did the Ausf. G have the Schuerzen Plates, because according to Wikipedia, it was the Ausf. H, that was equipped with them? The difference between the Ausf, G and the Ausf. F was the longer barreled maingun (L/48 instead of L/43) and the 30mm additional armor to the front of the hull (again according to Wiki).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From: Axis Armored Fighting Vehicles (World War II)

 

Looks like the G model had them.

 

 

AusfG.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, I was referring to the german version of Wikipedia, I just took a look into the english version, and here it is correct then. The Schuerzen already introduced with the Ausf. G.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have tried evreything including what the DEVS had instructed me to do.  NOTHING  out of it. comesup and says   (UPDATE failed.  never HAD A PROBLEM ON UPDATES PRIOR TO THIS.

BEEN  HER SINCE THE BEGINNING WHEN YOOU COULD NOT EVEN FLY THE bBF109. NOW I CANt FLY ANYTHING.  Bravo for such a mess.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Han @Jason_Williams

Can we have someone look into career way point speeds and AI flight leaders who seemingly do 150kp/h slower.  Noticed that AI flight leaders are flying quite slow and checking speed lists on way points on map, the listing is much faster i.e. return way points Il2 Train Station Attack lists 375 kp/h yet my flight leader was flying at 210 kp/h.  A time killer especially at beginning of a Moscow Il2 Career.

 

Have noticed same on other careers in Stalingrad and Kuban.

 

Can we shoot them if they persist in being snails and we not get court marshaled???😉

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...