Han

Game version 3.102 discussion: Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.G, Halberstadt CL.II, Bristol Fighter F.2B

Posted (edited)

Fixed a sound bug in the Me262 for me at least!

Edit: Sneaksie beat me to it :)

Great work as usual!

Edited by Animal_Mother

Posted (edited)

Sneaksie THANKS for the sound fix!!!

Edit: external sound is still broken

Edited by Voidhunger

Posted (edited)

I'm I drunk or there has been a huge graphics boost in the game ??? 😵

Not only everythings looks much nicer, but also visibility has improved, and mainly the transitions in visibility.

Things don't pop in magically anymore, you can feel them subtly before they come completly visible, and VR zoom doesn't make thing "appear".

I'm very hyped now about what they wrote in the last blog then:

• Having completed all these tasks, we'll increase the maximum visibility distance for planes and ships from 10 to 100 km and the resulting visibility distance will realistically correspond to the lighting and weather conditions.

IA seems vastly improved too ...a Mosca made me run several times with my 109 F-2, and finally i think an AI teammate took him from my tail, amazing !!!

Edited by =SFF=_cercataa

I played only little , but i noticed some black haze around enemy planes against the ground, but maybe my eyes are old.

@SNEAKSIE...............I play many time on QMB with WWI planes (Flying Circus) and BEFORE the update, pilots and gunners were already easy to kill. Still not tested for now ...but if you moved the curve to "easy to kill", result will be not realistic .........will see and let you know.

Posted (edited)

Thanks Devs!

On 8/7/2019 at 4:44 PM, CCG_Pips said:

@SNEAKSIE...............I play many time on QMB with WWI planes (Flying Circus) and BEFORE the update, pilots and gunners were already easy to kill. Still not tested for now ...but if you moved the curve to "easy to kill", result will be not realistic .........will see and let you know.

That's not most people's experience nor the evidence in this video. The pilots were dying with bullets that should have killed gunners, but didn't.

Edited by US103_Baer

Hello US103_Baer..............Not tested the Halberstadt, frankly speaking. My experience is with fighters like Fokker Dr.1, Sopwith Camel or Spad 13.😉

On 8/7/2019 at 2:18 AM, =SFF=_cercataa said:

Not only everythings looks much nicer, but also visibility has improved, and mainly the transitions in visibility.

Things don't pop in magically anymore, you can feel them subtly before they come completly visible, and VR zoom doesn't make thing "appear".

IA seems vastly improved too ...a Mosca made me run several times with my 109 F-2, and finally i think an AI teammate took him from my tail, amazing !!!

None of the improvements they were referencing in the last dev diary are in yet. There have been some slight changes to the AI a couple of patches ago with regards to formation keeping but nothing else yet.

Combat AI improvements are going to be a big thing when they do finally arrive.

• Upvote 1

On 8/7/2019 at 2:18 AM, =SFF=_cercataa said:

If you deleted the updates folder when you updated, graphics settings were reset. So maybe the reset settings were better than your standard, and you're just seeing really good FPS with the higher settings?

The AI has improved a little bit every few updates in terms of dogfighting. Nothing major, but little improvements. Many people have noted that they fight more in the vertical than before, though they still prefer flat turns.

• Upvote 1

For me the visibility has improved, too. I can see now a PzKpfw IV around me;)

Posted (edited)

Trying to download the hotfix update now. I had the same problem I had last time where the game said "Failed to update" without even trying to download the update. I replaced the launcher and the .dll as per  @Sneaksie last post on fixing this. Now I am getting the failed to load backend library notice.

How did people end up solving this one?

Edit: managed to fix it. Launcher was in the wrong directory. My bad.

Edited by RedKestrel

17 hours ago, CCG_Pips said:

Hello US103_Baer..............Not tested the Halberstadt, frankly speaking. My experience is with fighters like Fokker Dr.1, Sopwith Camel or Spad 13.😉

Ah ok. Yeah the problem was with gunners not dying. 

f you have 'failed to update' message in the launcher (if you're using non-Steam version), please close it, navigate to the installation folder of the game and open bin\game folder. There are files named launcher.exe and rofuplib64.dll - please replace them with the ones from the link below (unzip them first of course), then run the launcher again and it should work fine. Sorry for inconvenience!

Sneaksie, tried this. I copy/paste these files in but no joy. Help!

I just came here because "failed to update". Too bad the downloaded files went straight into the bin afterwards. No fun downloading this again at 50KB/s when my conn goes up to 12.5MB/s down and 5MB/s up, read I could upload one hundred times as fast... icon_redface.gif

Posted (edited)

Edit: Wrong thread I think.

Edited by Alonzo