Han

Game version 3.102 discussion: Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.G, Halberstadt CL.II, Bristol Fighter F.2B

@blitze, the slow waypoint issue has been reported to the devs in the closed beta testing forum.

• Thanks 3

Salutations,

It may not be related but in my tank mission testing I often have a platoon of tanks that start to creep along to a WP at 5-10 mph for no apparent reason. The WP speed is set well above that. This is annoying and puzzling as it doesn't happen consistently. 😕

7 hours ago, Thad said:

of tanks that start to creep along to a WP at 5-10 mph for no apparent reason

Did you check the motor temperature?

I noticed that aswell but i guess its due enginge temps below 20°

This doesn't apply to 'player' vehicles. AI only.

22 hours ago, vx111vx111swift said:

NOW I CANt FLY ANYTHING.  Bravo for such a mess.

Well, the entire IL2 community has worked through it, even though most of us had less issues. I also had to follow the delete files and backup routine. You can probably make it work too.

How about a clean install? Back up your user settings, key mapping and startup files and start over. It will get you flying in the same amount of time as an update.

On 7/24/2019 at 7:25 AM, 307_Tomcat said:

Guys better copy startup.cfg before that.

Always a good idea but I had no issues with settings having been changed even after deleting the contents of the "update" folder (I didn't actually delete the folder itself).

1 hour ago, II./JG1_Vonrd said:

Always a good idea but I had no issues with settings having been changed even after deleting the contents of the "update" folder (I didn't actually delete the folder itself).

You are using default settings then or new patch hotfix fixed that. Because it was erased after emptying updates folder.

Just wanted to relate my experience with the update - a little different than a few others.

When I opened the launcher to update, the status bar stated "Failed to Update" before it even attempted downloading the patch. Downloading and replacing the .dll in the game folder did not work either. Then I deleted the updates folder - it still didn't work. Finally, I restarted the computer, launched the game, and it downloaded the patch fine.

So in my case at least, it required both the updates folder to be deleted and the .dll to be replaced. And of course, when in doubt, restart!

Nevertheless after this fiddling all was resolved and I was able to play extensively for the first time in a month. Thanks everyone, and I hope my experience may help people who had slightly weirder problems than the norm.

On 7/24/2019 at 8:42 AM, Sneaksie said:

If you have 'failed to update' message in the launcher (if you're using non-Steam version), please close it, navigate to the installation folder of the game and open bin\game folder. There is a file named rofuplib64.dll - please replace it with the one attached to this post (unzip it first of course), then run the launcher again and it should work fine. Sorry for inconvenience!

IL2_Version_3102_Launcher_Fix.zip 322.79 kB · 492 downloads

ty this is just what i needed after trying to install the update 2 times without success. instructions are easy to follow.

• Like 1

Just bought FC yesterday and I must say the Halberstadt (180hp) has a great sounding engine, one of the best in game imo.

Only "problem" I have with FC is the inability to set curves for individual aircraft like I could in RoF, gonna need some getting used to.

On 7/24/2019 at 3:42 PM, Sneaksie said:

If you have 'failed to update' message in the launcher (if you're using non-Steam version), please close it, navigate to the installation folder of the game and open bin\game folder. There is a file named rofuplib64.dll - please replace it with the one attached to this post (unzip it first of course), then run the launcher again and it should work fine. Sorry for inconvenience!

IL2_Version_3102_Launcher_Fix.zip 322.79 kB · 551 downloads

Hi Sneaksie, I tried to replace the file you have share, but it doesn't works. I have always the same message: failed to load backend library.

In the previous days I tried to reinstall the launcher and since then I receive always the same message. Maybe I messed up the game?

Is there a way to solve the problem? Or will I eventually have to uninstall everything and reinstall?

Many thanks for all your help!

Ciao!

Marco

Do you have Kaspersky installed on your PC ? If, yes, some beta tester encounter a problem because Kaspersky deleted some files as it thinks it's a virus. So, do an exclusion on your game, and copy again the file provided by the dev.

10 hours ago, Habu said:

Do you have Kaspersky installed on your PC ? If, yes, some beta tester encounter a problem because Kaspersky deleted some files as it thinks it's a virus. So, do an exclusion on your game, and copy again the file provided by the dev.

Hi, no I have Bitdefender as antivirus. When I copy the shared file in the main root I have no Bitdefeder alert message....

In the main root? Please check you're copying the DLL to bin\game folder. The message about the backend library says there is no such file there.

35 minutes ago, Sneaksie said:

In the main root? Please check you're copying the DLL to bin\game folder. The message about the backend library says there is no such file there.

Hi Sneaksie, sorry for my bad writing. I copied the DLL in the bin/game folder....but the result is always the same....

That's strange. Can you zip the entire bin\game folder and send it to me in PM?

23 minutes ago, Sneaksie said:

That's strange. Can you zip the entire bin\game folder and send it to me in PM?

Ok! This afternoon I will do as you ask.

Many Thanks! Ciao!

Marco

Hi, I deleted "update" folder and that did the trick, so do I need to replace dll too? Thanks.

18 hours ago, E69splash99 said:

Hi, I deleted "update" folder and that did the trick, so do I need to replace dll too? Thanks.

Hello, only if you get an update error.

20 hours ago, Marvel said:

Ok! This afternoon I will do as you ask.

Many Thanks! Ciao!

Marco

Looks like your launcher.exe file is too old. I added the current one to the zip file (the one downloaded from the link at the top of the page).

On 7/24/2019 at 3:42 PM, Sneaksie said:

If you have 'failed to update' message in the launcher (if you're using non-Steam version), please close it, navigate to the installation folder of the game and open bin\game folder. There are files named launcher.exe and rofuplib64.dll - please replace them with the ones from the link below (unzip them first of course), then run the launcher again and it should work fine. Sorry for inconvenience!

http://il2beta.s3-accelerate.amazonaws.com/IL2_Version_3102_Launcher_Fix.zip

Hi sneaksie, I downloaded the launcher from the link in the quote, it is right?

Ciao.

Marco

Just now, Sneaksie said:

Yes since the old one you had didn't work.

Ok, I will try it as soon as I can and I will report the results.

Many thanks! Ciao!

Marco

I tried for a day to install the last update ie 1302. I install the files you gave us in this link  http://il2beta.s3-accelerate.amazonaws.com/IL2_Version_3102_Launcher_Fix.zip

I downloaded  around 6g of files. The system started to install the files than at half way  " error in upgrade"

1 each time it starts to analyse files than restart downloading : where are stored the files ? why it should start all over again it takes an hour an a half to get them. 

2/ We have 3 files called rofuplib64.dll another same name. backup another.update what is the use of those  it looks only the dll one is used.

3. The install 1302  is really tedious the previous 01 was ok.

this is the last lines in the last update file origin of the bug

(\\?\E:\IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\data\Scg.gtp with \\?\E:\IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\updates\19-07-25\patches\19-07-25_data_Scg.gtp.EFBB8375453C7AA6F52526EEA9A773D0.794282636.E81D5C778A557585B0226C68718E32CB.794282632.patch) 
F (64)Original md5 incorrect. Expected efbb8375453c7aa6f52526eea9a773d0 got: 7fe85b4554132e029c3e5e0b3cdc1b48
Failed to apply patch
 failed
Checking for updater update
Removing old launcher.exe.backup...
Moving launcher.exe to backup...
launcher.exe was updated, scheduling update of libraries.
Main update status: failed
Closing cURL client.
Downloaded 2 kBytes.
Killing update threads...
Killing caching thread...
leaving il2_KillUpdateThreads()
Copying update.log to last_update.log

4. I am using IL2 since 2003 and  then bought all versions till 1946. This version is realy an improvement except i had to adapt the PC and I must improve my IT skills in monitoring systems

Thanks to give me the solution quickly

26 minutes ago, tschaeff13 said:

Original md5 incorrect.

It says the current file(s) you have don't correspond to the previous update you have installed so it cannot apply patch. I suggest to back up your startup.cfg and data\Luascripts\snapviews (if you altered the default camera positions in planes), then delete the file updates\current.snap and re-run the laucnher. This will force a clean update, that's why you should backup these files. Clean update should do the trick, please report if the problem is fixed.

Same error MD5 on /data/skins3.gtp

Per your reco

I put the start.cfg with backup ending.

did nothing on the snapviews I am using default positions

You can see on the file it updated some files and corrected them 

find attacged the updated file report

last_update19-07-25.txt

It's like something interferes with the patching, now the resulting file is different to what is expected. What antivirus software you're using?\

You can just delete that file data\Skins3.gtp (and updates folder to force the complete update again), but if something is wrong during patching it may fail processing another file.

23 minutes ago, tschaeff13 said:

defender

I do not understand it does not create a new startup.cfg file ?

Just to save your config and preferences.

do i need to put it back once i finish the update ?

I relaunch the update several times it seems it is correcting all skin files. IN the first update file i sent you the skin3 was wrong now I am at skin nr 7.I remind that 1301 was working properly

One thing I have noticed after this patch: When I launch the game and try to play from the login screen, it will give me a "Lost connection to master server" and "Cannot reach game server" error message. One time I was able to fix it by restarting the game, the other time what fixed it was simply reentering my username and password. My internet connection was working fine at the time. So if other people are having this issue just try re-entering username and password for now and see if that works, because it may not be an issue with your network or server at all.

6 hours ago, Sneaksie said:

Yes since the old one you had didn't work.

Hi Sneaksie, I updated the launcher and all has worked fine!

Many thanks for your kindness and patience! 👏

Ciao!

Marco

3_102 ok.PNG

• Upvote 2

OK after several relaunches It woorks. For sure follow the instructions here above

1. when you start the first time if it does not work go to Last updates in the updates file and look at the text file it explains what are the defaults

2. back up the startup.cfg in the data file

3. Erase the snap file in the updates file it is shown with the date of the upgrade

Be patient and trdyart the process  till it gets done

Sneaksie thanks for the support

Why does the Albatros and Halberstadt sound so different even though the specs say they have the same engine or am I missing something?

Any way we could get the Albatros updated with the engine sounds from the Halberstadt?

Good to know that you solved the update problem on your PCs, sorry for inconvenience.

something is in download here...Quick update ?

1 minute ago, LizLemon said:

1.5mb, some minor fix

yup and now no mp servers

A small hotfix has been just released: it addresses the Me 262 sound issue and corrects the protection of the Flying Circus planes which was too high (their pilots and gunners should be a bit easier to kill now).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 11
  • Upvote 5