Han

Game version 3.102 discussion: Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.G, Halberstadt CL.II, Bristol Fighter F.2B

Ahhhhh fart. I had it downloaded before I replaced the.dll file. Gotta do it again.

The trials and tribulations of the net.  :(

6 minutes ago, -=-THERION said:

Did you delete the folder called "updates" in your main game folder? Delete this folder, only this very one and nothing else! Then

restart your launcher and it should work.

Delete or replace?

There's a "sticky post" saying to replace the folder, not just delete it.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Novice-Flyer said:

Well then, what about IL-2 Cliffs of Dover it’s game engine is older than the one for IL-2 GBs and both games are still being supported.

C'mon, really? Cliffs of Dover is being supported by a 3rd-party development team, not the original guys from 1C. It's no different than Team Daidalos and the original IL2. 

Edited by LukeFF
  • Upvote 2

between DCS updates and IL-2. the hotfixes and other are killing us, or at the least me.. please, beta test your stuff first!~

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Mr Williams, I know for a fact Devs do care because (unlike what some people may think) ... I am a Dev myself. Been that for almost 40 years (Unix guy though) . I am indeed new here but I can read. Software engineering is not easy, at least not to me. I am grateful and yes I admire these sim developers. Make no mistake... These types of software are very hard. If a small issue arises with in this case updating, then better try to help one another to solve it ASAP. I tried to advice people although I am indeed new to this. Approve or - help to - Improve is the best way to solve issues. I come from the DCS World where the same may happen at times. Everything will not always go as planned... Too many things can and will go wrong... Ask... Murphy :-) 

Edited by simfan2015
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

I'm completely loving the Bristol Fighter, chaps! What a beauty! Even though I have had to stop playing now because it's so freaking hot here I was worried my computer was gonna melt...

27 minutes ago, AKA_Ramstein said:

between DCS updates and IL-2. the hotfixes and other are killing us, or at the least me.. please, beta test your stuff first!~

you should read up on how software development works

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Novice-Flyer said:

Well then, what about IL-2 Cliffs of Dover it’s game engine is older than the one for IL-2 GBs and both games are still being supported.

That is probably the worst example you could have picked. It was completely dumped into market as a "complete" product and then a friggin volunteer team had to pick up the pieces and build them up over YEARS getting paid NOTHING. Then, after many years they were able to get an agreement to further develop more and get a share of the proceeds. There is a lot of unpaid labor in there. I wouldn't call that "engine being supported", more like luck, a one in a billion fluke.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, CanadaOne said:

Ahhhhh fart. I had it downloaded before I replaced the.dll file. Gotta do it again.

The trials and tribulations of the net.  :(

Delete or replace?

There's a "sticky post" saying to replace the folder, not just delete it.

Well, just simply delete this folder called "updates" - nothing else, please. I already did this in the past and especially yesterday.

If you refer to the last sticky post, there it was mentioned to replace a certain dll file. I haven't done this, because it was published

only some hours ago and I already updated my game successfully.

• Upvote 1

Hum??? Sorry but even if Steam tell me that the game is up-to-date and ready to go, no Pz IV in. No nothing...

Is there something I missed?

1 minute ago, DN308 said:

Hum??? Sorry but even if Steam tell me that the game is up-to-date and ready to go, no Pz IV in. No nothing...

Is there something I missed?

Did you buy it?

2 hours ago, Novice-Flyer said:

IL-2 GBs ran under the Digital Nature engine and 3 years later the devs updated the game engine to the Digital Warfare (Sturmovik) engine instead of developing a new Sturmovik game. 

BTW, I’m pretty sure that the game engine for IL-2 1946 with patch 4.14.1 is NOT compatible with PF and FB

CLOD is supported by, wait for it, a mod team. They have a deal with 1C now but for almost all the time after the launch it was just dedicated mods working away for years. Now it’s the same guys with source code access.1946 is on the same engine as the earlier games, that’s why you can still play ancient campaigns from PF and Aces before it became 1946. The campaigns just run weird because of all the updates since then. Il2 transitioned to a new engine because sales of the newer chapters warranted it and made economic sense if they wanted to continue development. Now if only they would move Rise of Flight to an updated engine...oh wait, that’s what Flying Circus basically is! And that costs money. Sorry. 

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

There is a lot of unpaid labor in there

Just one quick correction. They are getting paid for their work now. Blitz costs $29 for those who didn’t buy the original CloD, and their Tobruk and hopefully future expansions will be a pay for product for everyone.

I agree with everything else you said Jade Monkey

Cheers.

Hi all,

As far as I know this is an update topic, if you want to discuss CloD, 46 or whatever else do it elsewhere.

Off-topic posts will be deleted without notice given.

Haash

PS, Some people need to get the facts straight before saying certain statements.

• Upvote 3

Down loading a small update right now 124.86 MB.  I assume a small hot fix. Yep that is what it is Jason announced a couple of hours ago.

On 7/24/2019 at 6:42 AM, Sneaksie said:

If you have 'failed to update' message in the launcher (if you're using non-Steam version), please close it, navigate to the installation folder of the game and open bin\game folder. There is a file named rofuplib64.dll - please replace it with the one attached to this post (unzip it first of course), then run the launcher again and it should work fine. Sorry for inconvenience!

IL2_Version_3102_Launcher_Fix.zip 322.79 kB · 71 downloads

Followed the fix, but the game stops loading at " downloading game client".

On 7/24/2019 at 7:13 AM, Jason_Williams said:

LOL translation error. We mean semi-opaque or semi-transparent.

Jason

Guys - P-51, P-38 and Tempest are looking good. I am in Moscow this week and I have checked on all of them in person. You have nothing to worry about. Coming in not too far future.

Jason

Thanks Jason and crew for the update nice planes it feels like we got 4 ww1 planes thanks again as for my p-51 and p-38 I’m sure you guys are going to take care of us and I’m sure we will be pleased with them can’t wait to see those birds 

Yay Biff!  Didn't realize it had a stab-trim.  Flies very well, can't wait for a map/career to fly it in.  The cl2 is a hoot as well.  Thank you!

Posted (edited)

Yeah, there are a few areas (such as AI, QMB, and overly accurate heavy AA) which could do with updates... but the amount of information shared over the years and the quality of the work is better than any of us ought to dream about!

I could still do with an update about whether the Li-2 is going ahead though 😄 Can't hurt to ask. I was rather excited by the U-2 team and hoped they'd flesh out some of the aircraft missing from existing theatres... I also wonder if we'll see some collector planes/dlc (pfalz d.xii?)

Edited by Avimimus
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

This is the first time such a problem with the launcher .dll has occurred in 10 years. 

True of course. I was rather referring to the communication part of it.

In general, to me it would look much more intuitive to have something like a "latest hotfixes" thread in the announcements section where, quite like it's being done with the updates, anyone can find anything related to getting his/her game up to date in one spot, hassle-free.

That way it would need only two thread subscriptions (updates + hotfixes thread) to stay informed automatically - nothing remotely comparable is possible with the current system of dropping hotfix notices into each update's separate discussion thread.

The fact that the trouble with this particular launcher issue is a first timer remains unchallenged.

:drinks:

Mike

Edited by SAS_Storebror
  • Upvote 2

If I saved a copy of the updates folder before deleting the contents, would I be able to restore my graphics & camera settings from that?

I think I have the update working now, but seem to have lost those settings in all the confused monkeying-around....if anyone could inform, would be dearly appreciated. I'm not good with this sort of thing and have never had an issue with an update before.

The settings file which got overwritten (startup.cfg) is in the "data" folder, not in the "updates" folder.

Having a backup of "updates" therefore doesn't help, you need to have a backup of the "startup.cfg" file, the while "data" folder or your whole game instead.

:drinks:

Mike

13 minutes ago, morron76 said:

If I saved a copy of the updates folder before deleting the contents, would I be able to restore my graphics & camera settings from that?

I think I have the update working now, but seem to have lost those settings in all the confused monkeying-around....if anyone could inform, would be dearly appreciated. I'm not good with this sort of thing and have never had an issue with an update before.

No, those files were in data/startup.cfg and data/luauscripts/snapviews

If you already reinstalled without backing those up, you will have to reset your graphics and whatnot manually

Posted (edited)

Some real ignorance on this thread, particularly on the previous page. Devs have clearly talked about what they're doing regarding bug fixes and quality improvements. I for one am incredibly pleased with the updates over the last year or so - I was travelling for a while, took a break for around that length of time - and the contrast between before and after is staggering. All the visual improvements, polish, even the little startup changes create a significant contrast to what was there before and I'm happy with it.

I also have faith you guys will deliver with regards to the BdP planes and map and we'll all be happy with them.And if they aren't I'm sure you'll fix that soon after anyway. People have been very eager for these ones. I'm personally most hype for the p38. 

That said, and I know you've addressed it in the last devblog (and hopefully will in the next one), but its not the lack of new WW2 planes that slightly disappoints me about this update at all, it's the sound bug remaining unfixed. I, and many other players, have to restart multiple times per day to work around it, so in practical terms it may as well be a game crash that doesn't even have the decency to close the program for you. 

Edited by deaddonkey
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, deaddonkey said:

That said, and I know you've addressed it in the last devblog (and hopefully will in the next one), but its not the lack of new WW2 planes that slightly disappoints me about this update at all, it's the sound bug remaining unfixed. I, and many other players, have to restart multiple times per day to work around it, so in practical terms it may as well be a game crash that doesn't even have the decency to close the program for you. 

Please explain what sound bug you are referring to exactly. I think you are referring to the one where they disappear after several missions without restarting.

Jason

I had a sound bug on the first flight I had after patching. Flying the Bristol, all sounds in external view mode disappeared apart from propeller spinning sounds.

Sound bug
I personally have it only in multiplay mode
often comes after spawning
you only hear individual soundtracks (wind or weapons only)
The soundtracks change in the game depending on the action
You have to leave the game completely, not just the server

the soundbug is at least 2-3 patches back

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, JG4_Widukind said:

Sound bug

it is for me exactly like this aswell. but I'd say it's been longer than just 2 or 3 patches back.

this has been an issue for quite some time now which is maybe why some of us may react a little harsh about it (but hey, at least it has been officially acknowledged now)

Edited by EpeeNoire

Hi ..after this update...all my setting in key mapping and camera setting has been erased....but this is not a great problem.

The main problem is  now my Track Ir seems doesen t work properly.

During the navigation, it works fine but when I' m close an enemy plane, it starts to become crazy and I cannot follow the contact..

Any advice/help?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bullets said:

I had a sound bug on the first flight I had after patching. Flying the Bristol, all sounds in external view mode disappeared apart from propeller spinning sounds.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/12261-video-and-sound-settings/?do=findComment&comment=800683

and its there everytime, not only in first flight.

In singleplayer

50 minutes ago, JG4_Widukind said:

Sound bug

Its now in singleplayer too after the new update and leaving the game dont solve the problem

Edited by Voidhunger

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

Its now in singleplayer too after the new update and leaving the game dont solve the problem

is this true? if so, wow

Edited by EpeeNoire

It's pretty frustrating to read what files I should have backed up after the update has been forced on me.

Granted I'm only a casual user (but have just continued my long-time support by purchasing BoK), and perhaps should have known that all my settings would be lost, but I really don't have time to trawl the forums before every update.

I wouldn't mind so much if I didn't now have a stuttering wreck again that I have to work out how to fix. I really did have it tuned to perfection before this update.

Couldn't these backup requirements be added as a warning in the game menus, before allowing the download of future updates?

Thank you for your consideration

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/24/2019 at 9:42 AM, Sneaksie said:

If you have 'failed to update' message in the launcher (if you're using non-Steam version), please close it, navigate to the installation folder of the game and open bin\game folder. There is a file named rofuplib64.dll - please replace it with the one attached to this post (unzip it first of course), then run the launcher again and it should work fine. Sorry for inconvenience!

IL2_Version_3102_Launcher_Fix.zip 322.79 kB · 138 downloads

Thank you so much for fix, <S> sir

4 minutes ago, marcost said:

It's pretty frustrating to read what files I should have backed up after the update has been forced on me.

Granted I'm only a casual user (but have just continued my long-time support by purchasing BoK), and perhaps should have known that all my settings would be lost, but I really don't have time to trawl the forums before every update.

I wouldn't mind so much if I didn't now have a stuttering wreck again that I have to work out how to fix. I really did have it tuned to perfection before this update.

Couldn't these backup requirements be added as a warning in the game menus, before allowing the download of future updates?

Thank you for your consideration

I'm sure that scale of these problems was unexpected and surely unintended by the devs, but I must say I respect your suggestion and how rationally you put it out. Many people could learn from you how to say it aloud, especially when frustrated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I notice that in the Launcher, the check box for, peer to peer or web download is gone. Can I ask which system we are left with? As I always picked "web distribution" because of my personal dislike of torrents in general, and the soaking up of my bandwidth. Thanks.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Hanu said:

I'm sure that scale of these problems was unexpected and surely unintended by the devs, but I must say I respect your suggestion and how rationally you put it out. Many people could learn from you how to say it aloud, especially when frustrated.

Thank you, much appreciated!

15 minutes ago, SYN_Mugue said:

I notice that in the Launcher, the check box for, peer to peer or web download is gone. Can I ask which system we are left with? As I always picked "web distribution" because of my personal dislike of torrents in general, and the soaking up of my bandwidth. Thanks.

You download from our servers.

Jason

• Upvote 1

On 7/24/2019 at 10:42 AM, Sneaksie said:

IL2_Version_3102_Launcher_Fix.zip 322.79 kB · 140 downloads

194969702_unnamed(1).gif.7d9f4ba9f65e92e8ed20d014142c093d.gif

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thanks for the quick reply Jason,

That was the answer I was hoping for.

Have a good day.

5 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

You download from our servers.

Jason

After the patch I no longer see players chat in multiplayer, or by fellow pilots in single player. I know it’s a simple thing to make them appear again but for the life of me can’t remember what to do.  Can someone please help?

Cheers