Han

Game version 3.009 discussion: U-2VS, Fortress on the Volga, Havoc over the Kuban

1 hour ago, Jason_Williams said:

We have not changed the DM in this update from 3.008 to 3.009. Any weird situations is likely caused by MP issues. 

Jason

Jason - there is a massive difference and it is NOT lag related as it is happening on multiple servers to a multitude of people with varying connections.... 

And it all started after the update - immediately after update. 

It has to be looked after, in current state MP is not playable in a competitive manner (TAW...)

12 minutes ago, PeterZvan said:

Jason - there is a massive difference and it is NOT lag related as it is happening on multiple servers to a multitude of people with varying connections.... 

And it all started after the update - immediately after update. 

It has to be looked after, in current state MP is not playable in a competitive manner (TAW...)

We see there is a problem, but if damage in SP is as intended then the problem lies with something in MP. You guys want us to improve MP, well there are occasionally going to be issues as we work on things.

Jason

• Upvote 1

17. It is now possible to lean to the gunsight closer than before on all aircraft;

Theres is a possible bug with this - once you open the canopy it no longer works at least for Me-109 F4 but I think it affects all planes.

31 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

We see there is a problem, but if damage in SP is as intended then the problem lies with something in MP. You guys want us to improve MP, well there are occasionally going to be issues as we work on things.

Jason

Planes recive 100% damage in 1 shot. 

Waiting for the update.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, JG700_Benek said:

17. It is now possible to lean to the gunsight closer than before on all aircraft;

Theres is a possible bug with this - once you open the canopy it no longer works at least for Me-109 F4 but I think it affects all planes.

Yes, it's avaliable in 109s & 190s.

Indeed, you can't lean closer when canopy is open.

Just now, =LG=Blakhart said:

Planes recive 100% damage in 1 shot. 

Waiting for the update.

Seriously, stop reporting this. It only affects MP. I've already acknowledged this issue.

Jason

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

I don't know if it was reported in the close past but, dserver.exe crashes increased after the last patch.

Such vague reports don't help us.

Jason

7 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Jason

Even when dserver.exe works, it is vague. What did you expect? I will be able to tell you what's the exact problem?

Thank you for your efforts supporting MP server hosters. 

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN
  • Upvote 1

U-2 and Havoc campaign bought, certainly didn't expect another update so close to the last one!
Happy Christmas everyone!

• Upvote 1

How i picture the Office right now. 

1fsvf9.jpg.7bf2719e90b8d9891913f8f5b3767b2a.jpg

You sound stressed out. Maybe you should close the Forum, drink a hot chocolate (maybe with a bit of Alcohol) and then go back to working. 

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Absolutely right.

I've posted a hopefully more precise report here:

:drinks:

Mike

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

I guess it's because they're tired of the less helpful feedback provided by many users.

That's wearing and you get to develop a thin skin.

In a perfect world there'd be a customer care center inbetween devs and customers, here you're talking straight to the devs so you'll have to deal with the unfiltered feedback.

As with everything in real life, it all has it's pros and cons.

I can understand either side of that deal.

:drinks:

Mike

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Has anyone managed to restart the U-2 engine in flight? I haven't and I'm pretty sure it was possible.

Other than that, I'm loving it.

I've been testing the DM in singleplayer and Berloga and there is a definite difference. Singleplayer DM is similar to 3.008, in multiplayer the planes are disintegrating apart like they've been hit by a train after the smallest hit. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RoflSeal said:

I've been testing the DM in singleplayer and Berloga and there is a definite difference. Singleplayer DM is similar to 3.008, in multiplayer the planes are disintegrating apart like they've been hit by a train after the smallest hit. 

No need of more post about this. They know and they will do something about it. It seems that the problem is with MP only.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/8056-обсуждение-версии-3009-у-2вс-крепость-на-волге-бостоны-над-кубанью/?do=findComment&comment=658923

We confirm the problem in a multiplayer game, something is wrong with the network (in a single-player game everything is OK), we are working on this issue right now, there will be a hot fix ...

Haash

Congratulations for this fantastic work on the U2

The modeling is simply outstanding. The 4k default textures are a blast! Kudos to the Media. The flight model is incredible and polished. The optional rear gun is great. The Wing gun is a nice surprise, as well as The Normandie Niemen Skin! Damage model is great, although seems very flimsy in my opinion.

I really wish for new gameplay associated with the incredible multi purpose of this legendary aircraft: 

Tank spotting and reporting to tank crews, artillery spotting (with the radio modification?)

Off road landing and take off (right now it is not possible), with skis modification for Winter

Drop/Pick up passenger (spy/partisan)

Medvac and Cargo Modification.(like Tante Ju!)

4 hours ago, Juri_JS said:

Devs, are there any plans to make the bombsight of the U-2 usable and will we see droppable cargo containers in the future?

Hope for this!

4 hours ago, Wolfpack345 said:

I am having fun with the U2 it is a very quirky aircraft! However it seems my bombs are not detonating.. I have tried all sorts of delays and still no detonations. Any Ideas?  

I have trouble to detonate bomb as well. 

17 minutes ago, =38=Tatarenko said:

Has anyone managed to restart the U-2 engine in flight? I haven't and I'm pretty sure it was possible.

Other than that, I'm loving it.

I have the same issue. Normally it is possible. Night Witches cut the engine before dive into German positions to be silent,and then restarted their engines.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Jason

That sounds reasonable!

Its not only DM in MP. The servers are stutterish now. Though it happened before after some updates. Was smooth before update.

1 hour ago, Sarpalaxan said:

How i picture the Office right now. 

1fsvf9.jpg.7bf2719e90b8d9891913f8f5b3767b2a.jpg

You sound stressed out. Maybe you should close the Forum, drink a hot chocolate (maybe with a bit of Alcohol) and then go back to working. 

Nope 🙄

this-is-fine.0.jpg

• Haha 30

On the U2: I was trying to see if I could get rid of the passenger by taking his station, the pressing the key to bailout, then switching back to the pilot position. It did not work: both gunner and pilot bailed. I did see one thing I have never seen before: one of the parachutes failed to fully open, the unfortunate falling to the earth rather slower than in free fall - I believe - but not slowly enough to save his life. 

Most impressive piece of detail - parachuting has always been too risk free, but not any more.

2018_12_20__12_26_50.jpg

Immediately bought the plane and the A-20 campaign yesterday and also gifted the campaign and another U-2 to a mate. 

Keep up the good work! :)

8 minutes ago, Han said:

Friends,

We have fixed this new Multiplayer Damage issue - please update your game.

Sorry for this mistake, but long-time expected fixes in MP which we're working on requires very deep investigation and changes. Some things can't be located in internal test due to their random or specific nature. Anyway, we have located and fixed this issue as soon as it was possible and there less than 24 hours have pass from 3.009 release till this fix.

With Regards

IL-2 Sturmovik team.

Wow. Outstanding.

Why not simply use the U2 as a pure recon as we have a slow plane with an observer in the rear and a radio?

Simple: All nearby enemy ground units shows on my allies map. This mechanic is already implemented somehow .

It will add a brand new gameplay and a great interest on this plane .

Recon.thumb.JPG.f60bd772069d69e16ff518788ce8eb85.JPG

@unreasonable I know my piloting skills sucks , but you could at least hide your fear!!

638249183_IL-2SturmovikBattleofStalingradScreenshot2018_12.20-14_05_28_06.thumb.jpg.351fadf76b13614b2428347fcfcdb294.jpg

Edited by TG1_Nil
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

We'll have fun in next month, U-2VS in the career mode.

Looking forward to seeing female pilot model, we can join the 588 nightwitches squadron, right!?

Edited by Takuya_liang
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Han said:

Friends,

Sorry for this mistake, but long-time expected fixes in MP which we're working on requires very deep investigation and changes. Some things can't be located in internal test due to their random or specific nature. Anyway, we have located and fixed this issue as soon as it was possible and there less than 24 hours have pass from 3.009 release till this fix.

With Regards

IL-2 Sturmovik team.

:good:

Amazing response time!!

@TG1_Nil I would give you a laugh for that but have run out of "reactions".  :) He does look scared; which is why you can tell this is not my avatar, who is the lipstick wearing NKVD Captain Klebb from my James Bond movie.

U2-VS is in my pocket :biggrin:...just bought it ...gonna try it after work...:fly:

18 minutes ago, Han said:

Friends,

With Regards

IL-2 Sturmovik team.

you guys rock!! Thanks a million!

@unreasonable He reminds me my mother when I gave her first flight. I was piloting. Luckily, She took some medications so she was not scared... True story!

19 minutes ago, TG1_Nil said:

@unreasonable I know my piloting skills sucks , but you could at least hide your fear!!

638249183_IL-2SturmovikBattleofStalingradScreenshot2018_12.20-14_05_28_06.thumb.jpg.351fadf76b13614b2428347fcfcdb294.jpg

:biggrin:

You know, this guy is Russian... And Russians never smile! ))) hahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 13
  • Upvote 2

Yet another great update with loads of new content and improvements. Of course, thank you for fixing the DM bug so quickly 👏

A big thank you for making it possible to get my work implemented and teaching me a lot in the process.

And to all those in the community; thanks for the support! It drives me to elevate my skills each time I work on a new Skin or Template project. 

I hope you all enjoy the F-2 skins. I am looking forward to seeing you guys flying with them in the game!

BlackHellHound1

:salute:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7
  • Upvote 3