Han

Game version 3.009 discussion: U-2VS, Fortress on the Volga, Havoc over the Kuban

Glædelig Jul and godt Nytår to the developers, fantastic Christmas present for all of us!

2 minutes ago, TheKillerSloth said:

Can you play the Po-2 in a campaign?

Not yet, in January update.

• Thanks 1

I just switched off my PC like 15min ago, grabbed a phone and went for a coffee ...checking forum on phone I see update is here ...so I guess its back to PC, turn it on and have a look at kukuruznik. And I wanted to go to bed. Thanks Danil and guys/ladies at Ugra-media for this marvel of crop dusting art (need U-2AO and AS versions 😉)

9 minutes ago, =LG=Coldman said:

what about damage model? My guys are reporting many wing-offs on MP servers like reverse or tune up for it?

Can not confirm. On Berloga seems like prepatch, wings still come of at times but rare.

1 hour ago, RedKestrel said:

It appears that it operates differently in different countries to try and comply with local laws or regulations perhaps? Other people's experiences seem like gigantic pains in the butt, while mine went completely smoothly when I bought Kuban...

That's the weird thing, I'm from Germany like others who reported errors too, also used PayPal.

I don't know that I will ever fly it, but the U-2VS is a Day 1 purchase for me just so that I can support this 3rd-party developer model. Imagine all of the esoteric planes that we will be able to fly in BoX if this model works out!

• Upvote 3

Lovely work

Thanks to =BlackHellHound1=  

He remade all outer textures of Bf 109 F-2  and made historically accurate skins for it in , I want see more packs like this, maybe the next one is the Bf 109 G-2 or Yak-1 s69 to follow the scripted campaigns like "Fortress on the Volga" (thanks =BlackSix= ) and the "Blazing Steppe".

Very nice work on the U-2VS from Ugra-Media, im waiting for the new missions on the campaign mode.
Very good job on the scripted campaign "Havoc Over The Kuban" =Gambit21=, Im not the heavy weights man, but I will support all the content.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, rowdyb00t said:

I’m first !!! Awesome!!!!

NOOOOOO!!!!!!

:dash: I was at work, it's just not fair ..... :banned:;)

Edited by 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan

Purchased U-2 immediately.   If you release it...they will come. 😄

Whether or not the time involved to make a high quality pair of Night Witch models seems worth it, I will say that it would likely generate a bunch of free press from the Leftist side of gaming media, and the Right-wingers can't complain because it is historical!   Win-win!  I don't think the addition of historical female pilots will translate directly into sales, but it will get free positive coverage and put the game in front of people who might not have seen it before.    

Everything downloaded so quickly & smoothly that I didn't even know t had!

Unfortunately it appears as if the changes to gun damage this patch is the extreme opposite of the prior patch. Now things die AT ONCE. Wings are shot off an instant, entire planes disappear into molecules from a single 25mm AA hit, tails are shot off left and right, engines are ruined by single .30 cal hits, etc. The increased toughness in the previous patch felt a bit over the top in that direction, but it was far better than the current state 😕

• Haha 1

Just took it for a hop in the QMB on Kuban...

TqVl1E.jpg

Using the gun sight for the add on forward gun is impossible as it's so low and to the right, but I could aim reliably with tracers, shot up four artillery pieces with it.

It will take practice with the bombs to hit anything as the plane just flys so slow...  It's fun to fly though and I found a railroad tunnel in grid 1218 that I have never seen before, and by the way trains explode if they try to go into the tunnel.

1 hour ago, 392FS_Jred said:

It would appear head movement in VR is broken, the camera only moves in 3 dimensions and it moves the image around like you are hitting the limits. You can't do any 6 dof movements just look around and the camera moves with it. Must be a bug or something.

Does anyone else experience this? I am contemplating picking up the plane, but not having 6dof is terrible in VR. Also Jred just to clarify are you only experiencing this with the Po-2 or other planes as well? I sometimes get it with any plane, but it is due to my headset (WMR, Lenovo Explorer) and I just have to alt tab into the WMR portal and fix it real fast by running setup.

I have bought the Havoc campaign and I am getting my PO 2 I am a happy camper. What a Christmas gift that was 

8 minutes ago, TheKillerSloth said:

Does anyone else experience this? I am contemplating picking up the plane, but not having 6dof is terrible in VR. Also Jred just to clarify are you only experiencing this with the Po-2 or other planes as well? I sometimes get it with any plane, but it is due to my headset (WMR, Lenovo Explorer) and I just have to alt tab into the WMR portal and fix it real fast by running setup.

works fine for me, with oculus rift

Hurrah...!!! :dance:...My christmas gift is early this year...:yahoo:....Can't wait to try the Po2...not at home this evening...:dry:...thanks to the dev team...!!! :pilot:

Logged on 15 minutes ago, went to the store and purchased the Po2 and Havoc campaign.  Started the update and I am ready to fly and die:salute:.  Good job team, enjoy your time off.:)

36 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Using the gun sight for the add on forward gun is impossible as it's so low and to the right, but I could aim reliably with tracers, shot up four artillery pieces with it.

Just adjust your head position. It's covered in that thing called the user manual. ;)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, TheKillerSloth said:

works fine for me too. I also noticed that F10 for saving the head position in VR works now.. .. or it seems to work.. maybe it resets after a restart it resets, haven't tested it yet...

49 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

12 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

Just adjust your head position. It's covered in that thing called the user manual. ;)

image.png.646947e7a8b63cda29a235b8370a5216.png

Ill have to try it again, it was acting super weird couldn't move around in the cockpit only look like I was attached to some weird camera thing, haven't changed anything besdies the patch so I dunno.

flew a quick MP mission and observed a very strange DM behavior. Was chasing a 109 in my mig3. Placed a single shot and the enemy plane exploded in to million pieces like it was carrying 50kg of C4. ... very strange.. very..

• Upvote 1

I've spent the last hour 'crop-dusting' fields in western Kuban. What an absolutely wonderful plane and flight model!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

DM is very strange.

A lot of 1 shot 100% damage.

And just now 5 109s got shot down by a Pe2 flying more or less straight. The PE2 recieved at least 50 cannon shots of 20mm by all of us. Kept on flying.

And I got shot down flying past at 90 degree angle already at least 300m away from plane flying at 450kmh. One shot and I was down. 

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=57427&name=PeterZvan

This is the sortie.

Not cherry picking - my first 2 La5 kills were the same - one shot into the wing from the top and they were down.

One sortie before - I needed almost complete ammo load to shoot down a La5. Sorry, but this is far from plausible. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, PeterZvan said:

DM is very strange.

And just now 5 109s got shot down by a Pe2 flying more or less straight. The PE2 recieved at least 50 cannon shots of 20mm by all of us. Kept on flying.

And I got shot down flying past at 90 degree angle already at least 300m away from plane flying at 450kmh. One shot and I was down. 

This is the sortie.

Not cherry picking - my first 2 La5 kills were the same - one shot into the wing from the top and they were down.

One sortie before - I needed almost complete ammo load to shoot down a La5. Sorry, but this is far from plausible. 

100% agreed. Something bad happend to the DM. it's 100% dmg on one shoot or indestructible planes. It's unplayable now on MP servers. Please look at it fast :(

BTW Po-2 is great

Edited by =LG=Coldman
  • Upvote 1

Though not listed in the changes, it definitely seems that the sound has changed.  Either it has become a lot more directional or some ambient component has been removed.  I have quadrophic sound (fr,fl,rr,rl) and when my head is looking forward, my rear speakers are completely silent, even of wind sounds, and then cut in somewhat abruptly with a slight turn of the head.  I don't recall it being like that before.  I guess it could be my imagination, but I don't think so, and I obviously can't compare it with the previous version, because I've updated.😦

Edited by SeaSerpent
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, PeterZvan said:

DM is very strange.

This is the sortie.

its maybe net lag, and maybe they removed data delayed messages from 3.008 so you dont know now when it happends, usealy with lag in data when airplane receved bullets with delay it would explode in peaces like bomb hit it, and then in stats you would see this ~100% damage from one hit.

I noticed when my tm8 attacked ju88 on wol server with la5, 1 hit 99.5% dmg, he was suprsed as that never happend before to him:

http://il2stat.aviaskins.com:8008/en/sortie/log/3826553/?tour=42

and same ju88 destroyed other la5fn with also single shot:

98% dmg

http://il2stat.aviaskins.com:8008/en/sortie/log/3826539/?tour=42

i could see him shooting at ju88 and no dmg recorded on ju88 from him

This mission was lagy since 3.007 on WoL server, and had outdated data messages for players in 3.008, but this time i didnt noticed outdated data messages when we played it today on 3.009 and it was strange to see this amount of damage.

EDIT:

on same mission we attacked few 109s 190s and 111 and damage looked similar to what was in 3.008, this ju88 even was only strange and out of norm

Edited by 77.CountZero

Not a lag issue - my both kills with instant 100% damage were extremly short time frame snap shots - both planes almost at 90 degrees to me and the hit was only one close to the tip of wing - I had less than 0,5 sec time where the guns solution was ok (very high deflection shot)

Effect was complete wing ripped out instantly.

Me being shot down was very simmilar to that, just that it was done by a Pe2 gunner with a wepon that should be nowhere as potent as that. 

Just now, PeterZvan said:

Not a lag issue - my both kills with instant 100% damage were extremly short time frame snap shots - both planes almost at 90 degrees to me and the hit was only one close to the tip of wing - I had less than 0,5 sec time where the guns solution was ok (very high deflection shot)

Effect was complete wing ripped out instantly.

Me being shot down was very simmilar to that, just that it was done by a Pe2 gunner with a wepon that should be nowhere as potent as that. 

same like what i saw, Rip did high angle shot on ju88 and got his right wing and tail off, and la5fn that got hit by ju88 was also in turn and just lost wing, so something strange is happening for sure, i just touth its net lag again, as its said no changes to dm.

12 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

its maybe net lag, and maybe they removed data delayed messages from 3.008 so you dont know now when it happends, usealy with lag in data when airplane receved bullets with delay it would explode in peaces like bomb hit it.

I noticed when my tm8 attacked ju88 on wol server with la5, 1 hit 99.5% dmg, he was suprsed as that never happend before to him:

http://il2stat.aviaskins.com:8008/en/sortie/log/3826553/?tour=42

and same ju88 destroyed other la5fn with also single shot:

98% dmg

http://il2stat.aviaskins.com:8008/en/sortie/log/3826539/?tour=42

i could see him shooting at ju88 and no dmg recorded on ju88 from him

This mission was lagy since 3.007 on WoL server, and had outdated data messages for playyers in 3.008, but this time i didnt noticed outdated data messages when we played it today on 3.009

Yeah, I've seen something weird on WoL last month that might be related to what you're saying.  I was firing at some bomber and seemed to be having no effect at all, and then suddenly he just dropped out of the sky....and then I was flying away, clear of the fight, wondering why his rear gunner never fired, and then all of the sudden it was like I collided with something.   His rear gunner had gotten me, so there was some substantial delay going on for the hits to register and take effect.  Other people on the server were reporting similar things happening.  I only saw it that one time though, and if I recall it was right after the previous update.

Edited by SeaSerpent

Just now, SeaSerpent said:

Yeah, I've seen something weird on WoL last month that might be related to what you're saying.  I was firing at some bomber and seemed to be having no effect at all, and then suddenly he just dropped out of the sky....and then I was flying away, clear of the fight, wondering why his rear gunner never fired, and then all of the sudden it was like I collided with something.   Other people on the server were reporting similar things happening.  I only saw it that one time though, and if I recall it was right after the previous update.

That exactly happend to me also month ago, but when i saw that i do no damage to him i already knew what will happend to me and i imidiatly moved away and start to climb, as i know from previous expiriance and what i saw on youtube videos that its just about time i will recive his gunners bullet data and explod so i need to be high enought to bail when it happends. that was just after 3.007 and this problems start to get more offten, you dont even see my bullets detected on him, but you can see that 100% hit when i recived data with delay, i bet your sorties is with same.

http://il2stat.aviaskins.com:8008/en/sortie/log/3758069/?tour=41

its only bullet data thats delayed in that situations, you dont see enemy airplane behaving strange, you just dont see your bullets doing damage to him or you dont see his gunners shooting at you, so thats why i tought same thing happend to PeterZvan when i see 100% dmg from bomber he attacked in his post. After they added messages in 3.008 other people could easy detect this, but before messages was not visable its not easy to know what happend if its first time event.

Edited by 77.CountZero

This what is shown on taw video of 190 losing all parts

is what happends when bullet data is delayed, i would not think imidiatly that something is wrong with DM if they say no changes was done since 3.008, for me maybe they did some changes in netcode to try to fix problems from 3.007 and we see this making problems now in 3.009 with this 100% damage hits.

Its neccesary to check if same things happend offline in qm attacking AI bombers, its probably MP only problem, and then not DM change.

Edited by 77.CountZero

as you can see no gunners shoot at him, and when he recived bullet data , he loses all parts and 100% damage, to me from what i saw before in game its more like that then any DM changes that are making this to happend online in 3.009

and again that 100% one hit damage that i see when bullet data is delayed, stats from that clip shown:

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=57218&name=Talon_

Edited by 77.CountZero

2 hours ago, Inkompetent said:

Unfortunately it appears as if the changes to gun damage this patch is the extreme opposite of the prior patch. Now things die AT ONCE. Wings are shot off an instant, entire planes disappear into molecules from a single 25mm AA hit, tails are shot off left and right, engines are ruined by single .30 cal hits, etc. The increased toughness in the previous patch felt a bit over the top in that direction, but it was far better than the current state 😕

Can anyone else confirm this? Such a major part of the experience and yet no mention in the change log?

RGDS

Just now, Bilbo_Baggins said:

Can anyone else confirm this? Such a major part of the experience and yet no mention in the change log?

RGDS

did that happend to him online or offline, if online then its net problem or atempt of fix net problems from before gone wrong and not change in DM or gun strenght that they did in 3.009 compard to 3.008. All i see points in that direction.

Edited by 77.CountZero