Han

Game version 3.009 discussion: U-2VS, Fortress on the Volga, Havoc over the Kuban

Take it easy guys - this is one of the few development teams that takes their customers really serious and try to deliver solid content.

But even they aren´t superheroes and once in a while introduces some bugs.

The main thing is that they are quick to fix showstoppers.

Edited by fjacobsen
  • Upvote 1

It turns out that flying the U2 is very fun.

This little slow plane is like a flying moped.

This plane shines with the combination of human controlled tanks:

Harassing tanks with the U2 is so entertaining. 

We try to pin our little bombs, we try to strafe them with our wing machine gun, and they try to shoot us with their canon and machine gun.

I saw all of that in a mp server.

I really hope for more interaction features between tanks and U2, like recon to help our Tanks.

Tank Crew has now a great addition!

4 hours ago, fjacobsen said:

But even they aren´t superheroes

They are working a lot, overnight, with passion dedication. To add more , they listen to us which is very fantastic.

I wish this team could be bigger so they can sleep normally and deliver more content. I am so impressed and I am happy to have spent hundreds and hundreds dollars for them even if it is a lot for me.

Edited by TG1_Nil
  • Upvote 3

After experiencing how incredibly slow the U2 is,  I imagine those brave young Night Witches were weary babushkas by the time they gained altitude!

Edited by Jabo_68*
added more text
  • Haha 2

Well, I've gotten my first aerial kills with the U2.  Both were AI.  My rear gunner bagged an MC202, and I managed to get a Stuka with the forward wing gun.  I still don't think "Ace in a day" is possible, but you never know...

Do stay away from AAA batteries of any kind though.  One shot and the poor U2 is done for.

Then there is the matter of trying to land it on the hangar roof...

rcooQp.jpg

Don't even ask...  We are still the BlitzPigs after all.

🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:21 AM, TG1_Nil said:

638249183_IL-2SturmovikBattleofStalingradScreenshot2018_12.20-14_05_28_06.thumb.jpg.351fadf76b13614b2428347fcfcdb294.jpg

Wow.  I've never seen a human with such a skinny neck. 

12 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

Wow.  I've never seen a human with such a skinny neck. 

obviously hand picked by the pilot for his superb aerodynamic properties.

• Haha 2

On 12/21/2018 at 9:50 PM, BlitzPig_EL said:

Well, I've gotten my first aerial kills with the U2.  Both were AI.  My rear gunner bagged an MC202, and I managed to get a Stuka with the forward wing gun.  I still don't think "Ace in a day" is possible, but you never know...

Do stay away from AAA batteries of any kind though.  One shot and the poor U2 is done for.

Then there is the matter of trying to land it on the hangar roof...

rcooQp.jpg

Don't even ask...  We are still the BlitzPigs after all.

🤣

LOL I laughed out loud pretty hard seeing that! 🤣 Fantastic damage model too!

ive been flying the A-20 missions of course helping my Russian friends im on the 4th mission love the story line very interesting the best part so far i would say its not just the same thing over and over every mission is different and interesting great job on the story well worth it 👍

U-2VS buyed to support the devs. Could be a nice plane for Flying Circus.

Edited by L3Pl4K

same here.....tried to reach target in this plane in mp server....never made it there....probably historical....;)

Man, those russians must have been scared taking off for battle in this  death coffin...

Edited by 1.JaVA_RoodeDuivel

I really like the U-2 and campaigns, but the DM is a total disappointment. It might be more detailed in terms of damaged components, but pre 3.008 DM felt way more realistic. I seriously hope that the current DM is still WIP and will undergo further revisions in the upcoming game updates. It currently takes like 4-6 hits from MK-108 to shoot down a Yak-1, while everyone watched that gif where Spitfire fuselage disintegrates from a single MK-108 hit. And it's not only MK-108. All 20mm shells are weak as well. It was mentioned several times that it would require 3-4 20mm hits on average to shoot down a fighter plane. Currently, it's about 7-10 hits. And I'm not talking about online, I've played in SP. I hope that developers will consider this post by @Panthera and will revise DM further. Otherwise it is a serious downgrade from 3.007 version.

Edited by Arthur-A
  • Upvote 5

7 hours ago, Arthur-A said:

I really like the U-2 and campaigns, but the DM is a total disappointment. It might be more detailed in terms of damaged components, but pre 3.008 DM felt way more realistic. I seriously hope that the current DM is still WIP and will undergo further revisions in the upcoming game updates. It currently takes like 4-6 hits from MK-108 to shoot down a Yak-1, while everyone watched that gif where Spitfire fuselage disintegrates from a single MK-108 hit. And it's not only MK-108. All 20mm shells are weak as well. It was mentioned several times that it would require 3-4 20mm hits on average to shoot down a fighter plane. Currently, it's about 7-10 hits. And I'm not talking about online, I've played in SP. I hope that developers will consider this post by @Panthera and will revise DM further. Otherwise it is a serious downgrade from 3.007 version.

I hope they fix it too but wouldn't count on it. I suspect they did it for multi-player balance. Mk108 damage is so obviously wrong, there's no other explanation. If they would want to fix it it would be already done, just look how fast the damage bug in multi-player was fixed. 

Although pre 3.008 the DM might have not been realistic either, it was definitely closer to reality than it is now (speaking obout cannons with explosive rounds). I wish they would make old DM available as mod for SP.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ouky1991 said:

<snip>

Although pre 3.008 the DM might have not been realistic either, it was definitely closer to reality than it is now (speaking obout cannons with explosive rounds). I wish they would make old DM available as mod for SP.

Would you like to give some empirical or theoretical backing to these assertions?  My own tests strongly suggest that large calibre HE rounds are doing too much damage, not too little. (Publication coming soon). 

I agree on one point: I would be entirely happy if the developers made the DM mod-able in SP; and MP as well; then you could fly in Career with your super-cannon, and MP would have special servers with "Blue" flyers prowling around at 10,000m with their Mk108s.  I suspect these servers would have an even greater "Blue" imbalance than usual....

We don't do anything for 'balance' how many times do I have to say this. Any more such comments about balance will be deleted. 

Jason

Enough with the damage arguments. Take them out of this thread.

Jason

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 9

..And now for something completely different: Thanks for the beautiful Christmas tree in the hanger! Am I wrong is it a little bigger than last year? Merry Christmas & New Year to all!

XMASTC.jpg

I have to say, the most welcome under the radar change is the update of the 109F2 to 4k skins with additional ones to boot. This had me re-play 10 Days of Autumn to admire the F2 in VR with max settings, and it's stunning. Hope to see more work by =BlackHellHound1= gradually adding more 4k work.

• Upvote 4

Really chuffed about the A-20 campaign - the 'Boston' as we call it (or Boston MkIII) was the main attraction to Kuban, for me. Bought the campaign and can't wait to get started. Also just bought Bodenplatte, so there won't be enough hours in a day again!  Flying Circus will just have to wait until I have more time. Nice to see the Camel out as well, though - that will be awesome in VR.

On 12/25/2018 at 11:58 PM, Brixmis said:

Really chuffed about the A-20 campaign - the 'Boston' as we call it (or Boston MkIII) was the main attraction to Kuban, for me. Bought the campaign and can't wait to get started. Also just bought Bodenplatte, so there won't be enough hours in a day again!  Flying Circus will just have to wait until I have more time. Nice to see the Camel out as well, though - that will be awesome in VR.

Reminded me of living in Berlin as a kid in the early 80's when I saw your name!

My old man worked with that mob in the late '70's, but I didn't get there until the early 90's.

17. It is now possible to lean to the gunsight closer than before on all aircraft;

Wanted to say thank you so much for this enhancement. I feel this was a big issue for VR users and flying with cockpit restrictions in place.

:drinks:

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, VBF-12_Stick-95 said:

Not an update all year...  so disappointing.   🙄

Dear VBF-12_Stick-95 please be patient and observe the old "2 weeks" for sure rule.:good: Best if before Jan 11 or I'll will join you in, in, in what?:crazy:

41 minutes ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

277MB update downloading now and no news on forum???🤔

Interesting, I'm not getting anything yet

21 minutes ago, Field-Ops said:

Interesting, I'm not getting anything yet

Trought Steam......

On 1/2/2019 at 5:40 PM, Taxman said:

4 hours ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

Steam issue....many other players reporting the same thing on various games!

Same as I launched COD last night Steam updated the game but I was already up to date, maybe overall Steam update.