LizLemon

[MOD] Pilot in cockpit (updated: 4k textures)

What an awesome mod. Thankyou very much.

Any plan to extend this feature to the recent aircrafts, LL?

Updated first link to a new version that supports BoK in addition to BoS. The A-20 and P-39 have partial animations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 2

Previously I never thought much of suggestions about adding a body in the cockpit,but thanks to your mod I am a believer. Keep up the good work!

• Upvote 1

Before I break anything,   If I add this to my data directory it wont cause any problems flying online as long as I turn off mods before going MP?

1 hour ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

Before I break anything,   If I add this to my data directory it wont cause any problems flying online as long as I turn off mods before going MP?

Use JSGME

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, SCG_Riksen said:

Use JSGME

Is that what you did?   One of the earlier posts said he had initially tried adding it by JSGME but 'of course that did not work'.      I will try it as at least that is safe.

EDIT:  Yes it works.

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex

@Murleen I noticed that the copilot in the JU52 is no longer animated with the controls

3 hours ago, rowdyb00t said:

@Murleen I noticed that the copilot in the JU52 is no longer animated with the controls

Yeah, I spotted that too - I think this is actually a bug in the game itself, I see this even with mods off.

• Thanks 1

i dont know... it really needs additional work to be immersive... kinda feels out of place that arms are not moving with the flight stick.

I pass on this one for now....

• Sad 1

So what if its not 100% YET, but it sure adds to the challenge of getting your sight on target just as the pilot wipes his brow. ( each to their own ).

Hi Von_Michelstamm just try it you have nothing to loose, i always have 4K enabled so i dont know, just give it a go cant hurt anything, and it is a challenge/pain when the pilot wipes his brow just as you are about to take a shot its good stuff. 

8 hours ago, von_Michelstamm said:

Will this work if i have 4k textures turned off? Is there a 2k version i can use instead?

Yes

7 hours ago, JUSTPLANECRAZY said:

Hi Von_Michelstamm just try it you have nothing to loose, i always have 4K enabled so i dont know, just give it a go cant hurt anything, and it is a challenge/pain when the pilot wipes his brow just as you are about to take a shot its good stuff. 

Use the fix in the first post.

Is this mod still working for you guys? I just manually installed it by dragging the data folder into my main BOM-folder and I have mods enabled (together with some 4K textures and other small JSGME mods). I have tried the 109G2 and E7 and at least they don't work.

Is this mod broken by recent game updates or do I need to make something special when combining with already installed JSGME mods? Appreciate any help!

Posted (edited)

https://github.com/Murleen/PilotInCockpitMod/releases/download/v0.1/PilotInCockpit_v0.1.zip

1 hour ago, frosen said:

Is this mod still working for you guys? I just manually installed it by dragging the data folder into my main BOM-folder and I have mods enabled (together with some 4K textures and other small JSGME mods). I have tried the 109G2 and E7 and at least they don't work.

Is this mod broken by recent game updates or do I need to make something special when combining with already installed JSGME mods? Appreciate any help!

Hi frozen, I have no idea how it works with JSGME, but as it works for me without JSGME, it still should work for you, too. I just saw, did you drag the data folder to JSGME, because i had to drag the two subfolders of the data folder into the maindirectory of the game. So maybe you try to open the data folder and draw the subfolders.

EDIT: graphics and luascripts are the subfolders

EDIT2: If you use LizLemon's original mod, the E7 might won't work, as he only modded BOS and BOK. For BOM you need the download Murleen linked on april 7th on this side above.

Edited by Yogiflight

46 minutes ago, Yogiflight said:

https://github.com/Murleen/PilotInCockpitMod/releases/download/v0.1/PilotInCockpit_v0.1.zip

Hi frozen, I have no idea how it works with JSGME, but as it works for me without JSGME, it still should work for you, too. I just saw, did you drag the data folder to JSGME, because i had to drag the two subfolders of the data folder into the maindirectory of the game. So maybe you try to open the data folder and draw the subfolders.

EDIT: graphics and luascripts are the subfolders

EDIT2: If you use LizLemon's original mod, the E7 might won't work, as he only modded BOS and BOK. For BOM you need the download Murleen linked on april 7th on this side above.

Thanks for the input Yogi!

I tried to disable all JSGME mods and added only the file you linked (PilotInCockpit) to JSGME and also manually by dragging the two subfolders as you suggested but still no joy... I also tried to disable the 4K texture setting in game but to no avail. ☹️

Crap! I really like pilot bodies as I fly in VR and are used to it from DCS...

@frosen maybe you try to drag them directly into the BOM mainfolder, like i did, instead of using JSGME.

2 hours ago, Yogiflight said:

@frosen maybe you try to drag them directly into the BOM mainfolder, like i did, instead of using JSGME.

Thanks, I also tried the manual drag and drop of the two subfolders into the data folder. When you say "mainfolder" you mean the data folder, right?

Do you have mods enabled in the game? Just a thought

6 hours ago, frosen said:

Thanks, I also tried the manual drag and drop of the two subfolders into the data folder. When you say "mainfolder" you mean the data folder, right?

No, mainfolder is the game folder, like you posted above

11 hours ago, frosen said:

I just manually installed it by dragging the data folder into my main BOM-folder

but instead of dragging the data folder of the mod, you drag the two subfolders (graphics and luascripts) into your BOM folder.

3 hours ago, Yogiflight said:

No, mainfolder is the game folder, like you posted above

but instead of dragging the data folder of the mod, you drag the two subfolders (graphics and luascripts) into your BOM folder.

Thanks, now I finally got it to work! So the thing I did wrong was to put the two folders in the data folder instead of the main directory. In the mod files I downloaded, the folder structure was "data\graphics" etc so of course I thought that was how to install them.

Thank you all for the help! The mod looks good for being what it is.

@LizLemon, Thanks for the mods, unfortunately the animation fix mod doesn't work for me, when flying the 109 F4 and G2. In the FW190 A3 it works very good. I didn't try other aircraft types so far. Maybe it has to do with my mixing up with Murleen's Pilot in Cockpit addition, to have the pilots in the BOM aircrafts as well?

Anyone knows how to uninstall this mod? I thought I only added it to JSGME but it turned out I accidently added it manually as well when I had problems installing it in the first place...

Easiest way is to delete the graphics folder and then in steam go to properties, local files, verify integrity of game files.

Otherwise just manually delete all the folders/files that are in the mod download.

• Thanks 1

Recently as part a beta testing a scripted campaign I had the opportunity to fly an unarmed U2 biplane which I don’t “fly” very often in VR.Two odd things occurred in cockpit .First I got all the hand movement that I thought was attended to with the “fix” I used when I first started using this great mod last year. Second : when I turned to view the Commissar in the rear seat I was horrified that he had no head!!! He may have been a brainless political appointee but I think he should att least have a head.

Did I miss a newer “fix” when I installed the last update ? 

BTW May I ask if new “pilots in the cockpit” are going to be added in the future? I think this is was one of the niftiest Mods that have come along.

40 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Recently as part a beta testing a scripted campaign I had the opportunity to fly an unarmed U2 biplane which I don’t “fly” very often in VR.Two odd things occurred in cockpit .First I got all the hand movement that I thought was attended to with the “fix” I used when I first started using this great mod last year. Second : when I turned to view the Commissar in the rear seat I was horrified that he had no head!!! He may have been a brainless political appointee but I think he should att least have a head.

Did I miss a newer “fix” when I installed the last update ? 

BTW May I ask if new “pilots in the cockpit” are going to be added in the future? I think this is was one of the niftiest Mods that have come along.

I didn't update the animation fix when I added more planes' pilots - it, and doing the BoBP pilots, are on my to-do list, but I don't have a lot of time right now.

The gunner's head disappearing will be because the game considers you close enough to the gunner that it considers it "inside", and ordinarily would not render (this is what makes the pilots disappear normally when you're in that position). The mod makes the "inside" rendering of the people visible but headless - headless is in order to avoid weird rendering artefacts when the camera is inside the head. I don't know how you adjust the radius where the game switches from "inside" to "outside".

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Murleen said:

I don't know how you adjust the radius where the game switches from "inside" to "outside".

You can't, the variable is inside/outside/both.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Murleen said:

I didn't update the animation fix when I added more planes' pilots - it, and doing the BoBP pilots, are on my to-do list, but I don't have a lot of time right now.

The gunner's head disappearing will be because the game considers you close enough to the gunner that it considers it "inside", and ordinarily would not render (this is what makes the pilots disappear normally when you're in that position). The mod makes the "inside" rendering of the people visible but headless - headless is in order to avoid weird rendering artefacts when the camera is inside the head. I don't know how you adjust the radius where the game switches from "inside" to "outside".

Well its a little creepy.....

tenor.gif

Any news on updating this for the newer planes we have & those coming up ( hopefully next week? Oh and what about the Flying Circus planes?Just asking....😉

26.07.2018 в 21:11, LizLemon сказал:

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

After the update, the mod works, but when exiting the game, it swears in the file (CFGPool.log).

For example, like that:

luascripts/worldobjects/bots/botpilot_he111.txt: Invalid arguments number (1 instead of 2) of var: ejectdelay
luascripts/worldobjects/bots/botgunner_he111h6fwdm.txt: Invalid arguments number (1 instead of 2) of var: ejectdelay
luascripts/worldobjects/bots/botgunner_he111h16top.txt: Invalid arguments number (1 instead of 2) of var: ejectdelay
luascripts/worldobjects/bots/botgunner_he111h16rear.txt: Invalid arguments number (1 instead of 2) of var: ejectdelay
luascripts/worldobjects/bots/botgunner_he111h16side.txt: Invalid arguments number (1 instead of 2) of var: ejectdelay

You could not correct the mod under 3.201?:rolleyes:

Edited by FoxbatRU
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for the MOD. It's a start but I expect this feature to be implemented at some point in game.

Oh, and hi everybody!!

Edited by D13th_zaelu
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

01.10.2019 в 01:23, FoxbatRU сказал:

After the update, the mod works, but when exiting the game, it swears in the file (CFGPool.log).

Until the author updated the mod, i made a copy for himself that does not write an error on exit. Also, by analogy, I added files for the Bodenplatte and Flying Circus airplanes (without verification, because I do not have these chapters). 

With these files you need to replace the files in "bots"(data\luascripts\worldobjects\bots) folder in the original assembly of the mod.

bots.zip

Edited by FoxbatRU
  • Upvote 1

@FoxbatRU

The bots in FC and Bodenplatte do not work in the Zip file. The file structure is right but no body in or out of pit.

• Thanks 1