LizLemon

[MOD] Pilot in cockpit (updated: 4k textures)

Exactly what it sounds like. This is for all BoS aircraft but it will probably affect some of the addon aircraft too.

1374128911_pitpilot1.thumb.jpg.c5e18f4856f9118e6b512e82e5f05ba0.jpg

ISSUES;

The legs and feet location doesn't match up with the rudder pedals/joystick/throttle quadrant perfectly on most aircraft. The limbs are also static and do not move with the controls except for some aircraft like the Pe-2 and He-111.

The German summer uniform allows you to see into the body if you look straight down like this;1184996642_pitpilotissue.thumb.jpg.8db481d0de42f86d34817ede04e39d05.jpg

UPDATE Oct. 2

Now all pilot textures have been upscaled to 4k. This is most notable on the winter pilot textures.

710926523_4kwinterpilot.thumb.jpg.c514811a6eae4f4aef24f9205dfb8022.jpg

620438493_4ksummerpilot.thumb.jpg.71c48ea2b97e0132e06f61f1e7d126db.jpg

An issue with the 190 not having the pilot in winter has been fixed.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Simply drag the data folder from the zip archive into you BOS install folder, usually "X:\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\"

Pilot in pit mod for BoS/Bok; https://mega.nz/#!NFk2EYpZ!CFsuSSFicmyNMu4dJ3ycRalFi0H3jzA4_pfZV0lvUZY

ANIMATION FIX

The idle animation has a few frames where the pilot wipes his brow with his arm which means the arm will obscure your view for about half second. Use this animation fix if you want to avoid this problem - but keep in mind that there are no idle animations at all then, including from the outside view.

Animation fix; https://mega.nz/#!CT5gyQYY!BiL6R6sVXgFjpOgidAzd3Z_60Wdbg4ueKuE6uPM9UoA

Edited by LizLemon
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 23

Can't wait to try this! 

Now, devs, listen up. This is a must have feature when it comes to immersion in VR. Please take this seriously and implement an official solution. 

Thank you! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

On 7/27/2018 at 6:15 PM, LizLemon said:

Another issue discovered. Taking out a flare gun causes this to happen.

2 flare guns.jpg

Three hands is an issue? More like a bonus!

• Haha 2

Installation is so OBVIOUS that i didn't manage to make it

I tried to extract in the main folder. Nothing

I tried to install manually but there is few folders with the same name and it still doesn't work...

Must i enable MODS ON ?

Really a readme file would be welcome ;)

Edited by 64sTomio_VR

Just drag the two folders (graphics and luascripts) into the install directory "IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data"

Mods ON should be used.

On 7/26/2018 at 3:14 PM, Milopapa said:

Can't wait to try this! 

Now, devs, listen up. This is a must have feature when it comes to immersion in VR. Please take this seriously and implement an official solution. 

Thank you! 

Yes yes yes and yes!   This and  wonder woman view are must-have’s.   I would rather have these then eight 109 variants.

I dropped these first into my MODS folder & tried to use these through JSGME, & of course this didn't work, but reading above this was probably wrong.If I understand you correctly I drop them into the Data folder/ I see no install folder there...

Help?! anyone where the heck to these go? Have tried various placements with no luck.Can someone who has got this working be a bit more specific? Thanks!

Open the archive. Open the folder in the archive called "Pilot in Pit" You will see two folders called "graphics" and "luascripts"

Drag these two folders into you BoX install subfolder "data" which is probably something like xxxxxxxxxx\steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data

673850782_dragintofolder.thumb.png.8de3f7d7dd6b95607f3fc351ca7e3f0a.png

Edited by LizLemon

Into Data Folder...not swf Folder, correct? I'll try again.

A terrific addition.So far I have only tried it on 3 German planes The best version is ( in my opinion) works on the He-111 when both hands are on the wheel & appear to use it.Ditto feet on the rudder pedals. The FW190 isn’t bad ...the hand is centered over the stick & the feet are on the rudder pedals, so pretty effective.The illusion is least effective illusion is on my favorite plane the Bf-109 where the right hand is not centered & the feet appear to be under the rudder pedals...Still this is a terrific start & pretty darn effective .This is the first time I’ve ever seen something like this in any flight sim I’ve played over the past 30 years or so and I’d like to see more!

2 hours ago, Blitzen said:

This is the first time I’ve ever seen something like this in any flight sim

Well, you haven't looked too hard :)  Try the other Russian flight sim, the one with clickable cockpits.

Are you allowed the say the name here, btw?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Milopapa said:

Well, you haven't looked too hard :)  Try the other Russian flight sim, the one with clickable cockpits.

Are you allowed the say the name here, btw?

Is it the one with a PBR pipeline? :P

I guess I should have said that I haven’t run across this in my limited experience but am happy to see it now?!👀 Especially in VR!

Maybe I’m a dumbass but I can’t get this to work for me. I draged the files into the data folder  could it be that I downloaded the game from a disc and not steam?

Its a great start, wish developers look into it, like hands move with what you do.

, throttle, trigger, flaps, gear and so on, would be amazing specially in VR

6 minutes ago, II./JG77_motoadve said:

Its a great start, wish developers look into it, like hands move with what you do.

, throttle, trigger, flaps, gear and so on, would be amazing specially in VR

That's the entire trick, even if they wanted a pilot on the cockpit, which they don't.

This is not destructive criticism so don't take it as a negative to OPs modding ability,  but those pilot arm animations of wiping his brow/goggles, sure get in the way at the the most inopportune moments when in the attack using the gunsight, esp in ground attack mode.

Many thanks @LizLemon for this outstanding job, it's a very nice mod.

5 hours ago, II./JG77_motoadve said:

Animation fix; https://mega.nz/#!CT5gyQYY!BiL6R6sVXgFjpOgidAzd3Z_60Wdbg4ueKuE6uPM9UoA

Where do we need to install this?

I tried the data folder and doesnt do anything.

I think you have to put them into the folder "\data\graphics\characters"

However it seems that the Lagg-3 does not work.

I would like to have the opinion of our divine leader Jason on this mod. I see that my prayers and comments regarding the need to have a pilot in the cockpit

(see thread): 

have reached an angel LizLemon who decided to gift me with a body. My immense gratitude for this gift. Not perfect but wow at least there is somebody flying the airplane.

The devs should stop just for a moment modeling another tank turret, and make us a fully functional pilot body. After all we are in a flight simulator.

May I repeat another prayer oh divine Jason. Add people manning ship and submarine guns. Some people on board the cargo ships would be all the better. These telepatically controlled guns are not really very immersive.

Angels hear our prayers, lets hope the gods (alias devs) much higher in the sky will also listen to us mere mortals.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, FurphyForum said:

This is not destructive criticism so don't take it as a negative to OPs modding ability,  but those pilot arm animations of wiping his brow/goggles, sure get in the way at the the most inopportune moments when in the attack using the gunsight, esp in ground attack mode.

Which is why in a million years you'd never have the in-cockpit pilot doing this - no offense to Liz.

The in-cockpit pilot on the other hand would need to be moving according to the stick motion and pedals, which involves a rigging setup, and if you want to see

that hand on the throttle, or flipping switches etc, animations built along with the rigging, different for each aircraft...not to mention higher res textures and displacement maps.

Thus we arrive back at the same answer that you don't need Jason for Icky.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gambit21 said:

Which is why in a million years you'd never have the in-cockpit pilot doing this - no offense to Liz.

The in-cockpit pilot on the other hand would need to be moving according to the stick motion and pedals, which involves a rigging setup, and if you want to see

that hand on the throttle, or flipping switches etc, animations built along with the rigging, different for each aircraft...not to mention higher res textures and displacement maps.

Thus we arrive back at the same answer that you don't need Jason for Icky.

The pilot models are already rigged and animated. Check the Pe-2 and He-111, both have hands on yoke and feet on the rudder pedals. The models used by the other aircraft are rigged too, they just dont have the additional animations of the twin engines.

2 minutes ago, LizLemon said:

The pilot models are already rigged and animated. Check the Pe-2 and He-111, both have hands on yoke and feet on the rudder pedals. The models used by the other aircraft are rigged too, they just dont have the additional animations of the twin engines.

So the arm is moving with the throttle, RPM Lever, yoke, radiator dials, switches etc?

The devs should stop just for a moment modeling another tank turret, and make us a fully functional pilot body. After all we are in a flight simulator.

I wish I could upvote this a million times.

Edited by Milopapa
Stupid forum engine and its decrepit editor.

7 hours ago, IckyATLAS said:

I would like to have the opinion of our divine leader Jason on this mod.

The answer you're going and will continue to get is that no, it ain't happening.

Edited by LukeFF