Jason_Williams

Game version 3.005 discussion: Flying Circus, Tank Crew, Fw 190 A-8

3 hours ago, skline00 said:

Though limited at present, Flying Circus is FUN. I've had ROF since shortly after it's release and FC seems and feels a bit smoother and better. Besides playing a quick mission when you are a WWI Spad and your opponent is a WWII B-109 is a REAL challenge!:biggrin:

Great work developers!

The other way round isn't as easy as one would initially think as well.  This was pre hot fix but those Spad's were quite a bit of work to bring down if there was a group of them in my 109 E7.  Much fun. 😀

3 hours ago, Sneaksie said:

Dear Friends,

Update 3.005 was a huge one, so we weren't able to find and squash all the bugs before the release. As usual, we addressed the main problems ASAP and are releasing this hotfix.

1. Multiplayer: another player connected as gunner will see correct amount of ammo;
2. Multiplayer: tank skins are applied correctly;
3. Multiplayer: pilot's HUD shows up correctly when there is a guest gunner connected;
4. Multiplayer: tank driver's HUD shows up correctly when there is a guest gunner connected;
5. Multiplayer: round casings appear from the correct places;
6. Multiplayer: wrong smoke traces shouldn't be shown behind random aircraft;
7. Flying Circus planes are more damageable;
8. Flying Circus planes have correct visible damage;
9. Player controllable T-34-76 is destroyable again;
10. Player controllable T-34-76 and Pz. III turrets can be damaged correctly;
11. Tanks won't explode when the driver is killed;
12. Choosing defensive turret unlock on Pe-2-87 won't crash the game;
13. Spitfire Mk.IXe gyro sight modes switch correctly;
14. Yak-7b landing lights look correctly from a distance;
15. Ju-87D3 and Ju-88A4 twin MGs have their remaining ammo displayed correctly;
16. Fw 190 A-8 canopy slides correctly when opened;
17. Exhaust flames won't be visible through the cockpit while starting any Fw 190;
18. Engine sound volume corrected for all aircraft;
19. Disconnected multiplayer servers disappear from the list faster;
20. 'New device found' message won't appear again when you return to the main menu;\
21. Skin error won't be shown while playing a scenario campaign;
22. Mission resaver (the utility for server hosters) has been updated.

IL-2 Sturmovik team

This is nice to see. Good job guys.

Thanks to team for all of the hard work. 

BTW- I first tried the downloaded install exe...but evemtually wised up to the Steam install which went very quickly indeed.fool proof & i'm proof of that!

Thank you, dev team, for all your hard work! The new models for the WWI planes look great, and the new tanks are a lot of fun! Thank you for addressing the CTD bugs quickly.

I just have a few suggestions/questions for Flying Circus.

1) Will bullet hit effects be changed for WWI planes? Right now the bullets react like hitting metal (sounds and flashes). The hit effects were different and closer to canvas in ROF.

2) Will the damage model of handguns be changed? Currently, the handguns can remove wings/surfaces in two hits (like a .50), and the MGs for bombers take a lot more to do the same. I set a P-40 on fire with a Luger.

3) Pilots disappear instead of slumping over when killed. Will this be corrected? I also noticed pilots occasionally disappear when bailing out.

4) Will there be a feature allowing WWI pilots to bail out? I always wanted the ability to have the option of letting the pilot fall to his death rather than burn. Since we have a WWII engine, I was wondering if this was possible.

5) Will machine gun spread be returned to WWI planes like in ROF?

Again, the update is great! Thank you so much.

Any chance that we will get a fix for the bug where the game freezes when you hit the I key, while flying one of the new planes?

Having some CTD issues.

Once when pressed proceed on Career Mode.

And once when flying G6 at kuban map at quick mission.

I'm just glad that mouse wheel throttle issue has been fixed... with 3.005 whenever I touched wheel it went either from 0 to 100 or from 100 to 0 with no variation in between... now is reverted to the original state of gradual increments of couple of % at a time. Thanks for the fix! :)

3 hours ago, =SqSq=SignorMagnifico said:

I set a P-40 on fire with a Luger.

This just made me chuckle. Thanks man.

On 18 July 2018 at 11:54 PM, Space_Ghost said:

know I don't qualify based on the dates listed in the promo but I still invested in ROF over the course of years - is it even worth burdening the support team?

Well I contacted them but all I got was a request for screenshots LOL. Looks like my original post about this was deleted too. Thanks for the big middle finger. How to turn a loyal customer into an extremely frustrated and angry one in one easy step.

• Upvote 1

Salutations,

May I make a suggestion? Get over yourself. 😐

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, BazzaLB said:

Well I contacted them but all I got was a request for screenshots LOL. Looks like my original post about this was deleted too. Thanks for the big middle finger. How to turn a loyal customer into an extremely frustrated and angry one in one easy step.

How do you expect them to help you if you don't provide proof of purchase?

21 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

How do you expect them to help you if you don't provide proof of purchase?

Considering the support item was sent via my logged in riseofflight account which clearly shows all purchase history, and given the fact they basically said they didn't understand what I was talking about and needed screen shots and steps by step instructions to help replicate the issue, I figured it had nothing to do with proof of purchase and was probably just a general reply. 

Hey, 15 bux discount is neither here nor there given they want 70 bux for 2 planes but for me it was the principle.. and to then have my post deleted as an extra insult. You can see I bought everything here at max cost as pre-purchase and even joined in as founder (which was also not exactly cheap), purchased all ROF planes.. purchased ROF 20 Jan 2013... Obviously far easier to delete a post than actually address the issue I had. Yes, I got the software I paid for... and plenty of others paid full price for everything as founders and missed out on any discount promo code, so I am not the only one, but please don't go around asking for my support by buying titles via pre-purchase and not via steam etc etc when you can't be bothered reciprocating. 

I don't post often or come here complaining about bugs and demand this or that, but some recognition of the support I provided by putting my money where my mouth is and not buying during sales or after release would have been nice.

Edited by BazzaLB
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, =SqSq=SignorMagnifico said:

Thank you, dev team, for all your hard work! The new models for the WWI planes look great, and the new tanks are a lot of fun! Thank you for addressing the CTD bugs quickly.

I just have a few suggestions/questions for Flying Circus.

1) Will bullet hit effects be changed for WWI planes? Right now the bullets react like hitting metal (sounds and flashes). The hit effects were different and closer to canvas in ROF.

2) Will the damage model of handguns be changed? Currently, the handguns can remove wings/surfaces in two hits (like a .50), and the MGs for bombers take a lot more to do the same. I set a P-40 on fire with a Luger.

3) Pilots disappear instead of slumping over when killed. Will this be corrected? I also noticed pilots occasionally disappear when bailing out.

4) Will there be a feature allowing WWI pilots to bail out? I always wanted the ability to have the option of letting the pilot fall to his death rather than burn. Since we have a WWII engine, I was wondering if this was possible.

5) Will machine gun spread be returned to WWI planes like in ROF?

Again, the update is great! Thank you so much.

You must understand that FC is Work In Progress - anyone can see that things (I hope except ridiculous and unrealistic gun dispersion - current ROF) will change. Don't worry all will be improved. Lots of that is just placeholder for next iteration.

Edited by 307_Tomcat
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 307_Tomcat said:

You must understand that FC is Work In Progress - anyone can see that things (I hope except ridiculous and unrealistic gun dispersion - current ROF) will change. Are you serious that you think that devs would not improve it? Lots of that is just placeholder for next iteration.

He didn't say anything about thinking the devs wouldn't improve FC, he simply had questions and suggestions.

2 minutes ago, BrokenBiscuit said:

He didn't say anything about thinking the devs wouldn't improve FC, he simply had questions and suggestions.

He should not worry too much 🙂

Just now, BrokenBiscuit said:

And who says he's worrying? You're making assumptions here.

Those thing are too obvious to left alike.

since the update came out I got big issues. First I had to give up on my career where I already am 86 days into it at realistic speed, second now I can´t even load the career screen which means I can´t continue another career or start a new one which is a bit frustrating because I love the career mode.

8 hours ago, Thad said:

Salutations,

May I make a suggestion? Get over yourself. 😐

I got over my hissy fit. Apologies for any offence I made :) 

Edited by BazzaLB
edit stupid hissy fit
  • Upvote 4

14 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

From the game updates:
This option will be ignored (the view will be limited) if Allow spectators option is turned off in difficulty settings (for example, on Expert difficulty multiplayer servers) to prevent cheating.

So that's why. If it wasn't paired with the "Allow spectators"...

Yep, from my perspective, the easy way to do a quick fix would be to have VR limits be a separate option than the allow spectators option.

Add an option to toggle the annoying head collision sound on top of that, and that would address most of it.

Maybe they could separate the flight recording from the tacview recording while they're at it...

Thanks for the hotfix.

• Upvote 2

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 10:36 AM, kappa007 said:

now we need a guide on all the  tank controlls  i  managed to get  infront off the gunner  sight but  no idea how to actually  zoom in  and  get the mills, 2nd  off all can  we expect a  seperate  tab for tank controlls in the future  scrolling  through  1000 plane things is a bit of a hassle

It's on the forums. :salute:

IL2BasicTankControls.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BrokenBiscuit said:

5 hours ago, BrokenBiscuit said:

And who says he's worrying? You're making assumptions here.

This. ^^ I am not worrying, and I know FC is very much in early access. I was hoping for more specific answers to my questions, but I will take "placeholder" if that is the best answer I can get right now. I am also still curious about #4. I think it would be amusing to have the option of letting the pilot succumb to gravity rather than flames.

I was also mistaken. I set the P-40 on fire with the Webley revolver, not the Luger. I am working on uploading the video to YouTube at the moment because it is hilarious. As of the patch prior to the hotfix, revolvers and pistols do more damage than MGs.

#1 they are aware of this (reported during testing period), will work on it 

#4 yes

11 minutes ago, ST_ami7b5 said:

#1 they are aware of this (reported during testing period), will work on it 

#4 yes

Thank you for answering my questions!

I finished uploading the video testing handgun damage models. See @5:14 in the video for the P-40 on fire from the revolver. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Guys,

I’m flying  back from Moscow after a busy, crazy week with the team. I’ll address a lot of these comments and concerns early next week after I get home to sunny, boiling Las Vegas. 

Jason

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

4 hours ago, Thad said:

It's on the forums. :salute:

IL2BasicTankControls.png

Right Alt +, Right Alt + /

It moves the deflection marker on the Soviet tank sights left and right.

Cool update, 190 A/F 8 with the most common modifications. :salute:

1 hour ago, =SqSq=SignorMagnifico said:

I finished uploading the video testing handgun damage models. See @5:14 in the video for the P-40 on fire from the revolver. 

How i can install that weapon to my planes main armament?

Example replacing MG17's of Bf-109

Edited by Godspeed

1 hour ago, =SqSq=SignorMagnifico said:

WTF

I got over my indignation and general tantrum and bought Flying Circus. This is indeed great fun in VR and am thoroughly enjoying it even at this early stage. Apologies everyone for bringing down the tone of the release. I will sheepishly crawl back into my Spad now :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, =SqSq=SignorMagnifico said:

Harry Callahan voide mode on  - "But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow your head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?" 😄

3 hours ago, =SqSq=SignorMagnifico said:

What wories to me from this video is that seems not necessary to hit the spar of the wing with an Ap hit and maybe that is the reason why Ap seems that powerfull ripping off wings and tails as butter on this game. 

10 hours ago, BazzaLB said:

Sorry about that, perhaps your request was mistaken for a key replacement one, there are many of them now. Please contact us

a bit later if you still want.

4 hours ago, =SqSq=SignorMagnifico said:

Hilarious! I laughed my socks off.  :biggrin:

• Haha 1

Well I went ahead and did it. I wanted to show my total support for 1CGS and what they are doing for the community.

Having purchased Flying Circus on Wed., I went ahead this morning and purchased Tank Crew.

Now I have never had a desire for a tank sim, and not even sure when I might have time to even have a go with tanks, but I have it now and should I get an itch for something different I may give it a short try. 

Main thing was I just wanted to show my total support for what 1CGS is doing now for our community, goodness knows I have now logged an incredible number of hours of enjoyment out of their efforts.

Much thanks to the 1CGS team and for all their very hard work!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2