Jason_Williams

Game version 3.005 discussion: Flying Circus, Tank Crew, Fw 190 A-8

4 hours ago, =SqSq=SignorMagnifico said:

Thank you for answering my questions!

I finished uploading the video testing handgun damage models. See @5:14 in the video for the P-40 on fire from the revolver. 

That is very funny. Comparing the hand gun with the MG effects late in the video, I would diagnose a simple decimal place error, with the handgun numbers being maybe two decimal places out. 

I just think it's funny . One badass pistol!

Edited by TheSNAFU

Thank you guys,

as always you are fantastic. TC  in early access is superb. I love those "little" details. It

was  worth waiting for a "da.." good sim.

We got skins too.

question.

Is there any info / tech chart (while playing the game) wich ammo type i loaded?  (HP, AP)

9 hours ago, Thad said:

It's on the forums. :salute:

IL2BasicTankControls.png

W and S are for zooming too.

The ammo type is displayed in the lower left HUD area. :salute:

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, LLv34_Flanker said:

S!

That MG17 dispersion in that video above is just..well..laughable :rolleyes: 

As I see it the MG dispersion is extremely tight, as it should be at that range. The problem is that once a piece of the plane designated as a part for DM purposes reaches a certain threshold of hitpoints, it generates a bullet damage decal that has nothing to do with where the bullets actually hit. That is particularly obvious on the tail and wing surfaces.

:good:

1CGS guys:

Just had a go in my Spit Kuban Career since this latest hotfix, so pleased to hear the engine Spit sound is corrected now to reflect when Boost is engaged.

I am so pleased that is back to the way it used to be, thank you so much!

Dang after flying in FC the last three days, kind of felt like superman there in my Spit. For a short time anyway...

;)

Purchased both in support of your efforts.  Thank you for the discount.  Looking forward to future updates and expansions.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, BazzaLB said:

I got over my hissy fit. Apologies for any offence I made :) 

Honey or vinegar. :)

9 hours ago, =SqSq=SignorMagnifico said:

Thank you for answering my questions!

I finished uploading the video testing handgun damage models. See @5:14 in the video for the P-40 on fire from the revolver. 

At least you Kervorkianed the pilot instead of letting him burn.

Regarding tanks, and some, regarding multiplayer.

I get 'game server connection lost' a lot. Not sure if that's the individual game server or the central one. The effect is sometimes, no multiplayer at all, so maybe the central one is borked?

Other times, it just has the effect of getting kicked off the game server. When I try to get back in, the server is typically gone. It seems the game servers are crashing a lot. Not so much WoL and TAW, but smaller ones with tanks.

It appears those who run the servers are making changes, trying to adapt to the update, only to realise after a while it's still crashing.

Am very exited about the new tank functionality, it's great with the HUD. On more expert settings however, without HUD, you have no idea what ammo you have loaded which makes the whole thing kinda pointless, especially since the new monster tanks are hard to crack with the wrong ammo.

5 hours ago, dburne said:

Well I went ahead and did it. I wanted to show my total support for 1CGS and what they are doing for the community.

Having purchased Flying Circus on Wed., I went ahead this morning and purchased Tank Crew.

Now I have never had a desire for a tank sim, and not even sure when I might have time to even have a go with tanks, but I have it now and should I get an itch for something different I may give it a short try. 

Main thing was I just wanted to show my total support for what 1CGS is doing now for our community, goodness knows I have now logged an incredible number of hours of enjoyment out of their efforts.

Much thanks to the 1CGS team and for all their very hard work!

I think you'll enjoy Tank Crew. If nothing else, driving the tanks is a nice change of pace. Just looking at the maps from ground level is impressive.

In MP I have constantly crashes in tanks. Then I try to rejoin and nothing works anymore - have to ctrl alt delete - never have had this before 😕

Long-time lurker but first-time poster here. My first combat flight sim was one of the Microsoft Flight Simulator mods from the late '80s, and I cut my teeth on the Aces games of the mid '90s. I bought all of the older IL2 titles as well as RoF but they never managed to keep my attention for very long.

I have generally avoided paying full price for titles since Steam came along, let alone pre-ordering or, God forbid, doing the Early Access thing (I'm still sore about a bad pre-ordering experience in 2009). I picked up BoS on sale a few years ago and finally got around to installing it back in January. That was enough to get me to break my rules and purchase BoK, BoBP, FC, and TC through Early Access, as well as most of the collector planes, without a second thought. The dedication shown by this development team to a niche gaming field is incredibly refreshing, especially given what has been happening to the rest of the simulation genre over the last decade (e.g., Silent Hunter). The new IL2 games have even got me thinking about investing in a VR system, which is something that I never thought that I would do. Here's a big thank you from an old hand who feared that the combat flight sim genre's best days were behind it. I very much look forward to seeing what the team has planned next!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Glad to hear that Manstein :) And welcome!

As a VR only flyer I would say that every second you wait you'll regret... ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Manstein16 said:

Long-time lurker but first-time poster here. My first combat flight sim was one of the Microsoft Flight Simulator mods from the late '80s, and I cut my teeth on the Aces games of the mid '90s. I bought all of the older IL2 titles as well as RoF but they never managed to keep my attention for very long.

I have generally avoided paying full price for titles since Steam came along, let alone pre-ordering or, God forbid, doing the Early Access thing (I'm still sore about a bad pre-ordering experience in 2009). I picked up BoS on sale a few years ago and finally got around to installing it back in January. That was enough to get me to break my rules and purchase BoK, BoBP, FC, and TC through Early Access, as well as most of the collector planes, without a second thought. The dedication shown by this development team to a niche gaming field is incredibly refreshing, especially given what has been happening to the rest of the simulation genre over the last decade (e.g., Silent Hunter). The new IL2 games have even got me thinking about investing in a VR system, which is something that I never thought that I would do. Here's a big thank you from an old hand who feared that the combat flight sim genre's best days were behind it. I very much look forward to seeing what the team has planned next!

Hi Manstein16,

my flight simulation career does also track back into the 90s and I also earned my wings with games like RB, Aces of the Pacific, Dawn Patrol etc. And I also appreciate very much, what 1C is doing for the flight community. That's why buying these great games is a no-brainer to me and supporting these games and the community feels good.

1 hour ago, stupor-mundi said:

Regarding tanks, and some, regarding multiplayer.

I get 'game server connection lost' a lot. Not sure if that's the individual game server or the central one. The effect is sometimes, no multiplayer at all, so maybe the central one is borked?

Other times, it just has the effect of getting kicked off the game server. When I try to get back in, the server is typically gone. It seems the game servers are crashing a lot. Not so much WoL and TAW, but smaller ones with tanks.

It appears those who run the servers are making changes, trying to adapt to the update, only to realise after a while it's still crashing.

Am very exited about the new tank functionality, it's great with the HUD. On more expert settings however, without HUD, you have no idea what ammo you have loaded which makes the whole thing kinda pointless, especially since the new monster tanks are hard to crack with the wrong ammo.

The new patch the Dserver.exe program appears to be a lot less stable that we would like. Any changes we are making to try resolve the crashing issues are not working. Bugs have been reported, its in 1c's court now.
I seriously doubt there are any servers that are not crashing.

15 minutes ago, Manstein16 said:

Welcome aboard!

As far as VR - if you are really interested, just do it! I got VR in Jan of 2017, have not run any game on my monitor since.

Be aware it can be pretty demanding ( expect about half the fps of monitor) and resolution currently is not great, but the immersion is absolutely incredible. First time you are actually sitting in a full size plane looking at that large prop spinning in front of you and the world all around you everywhere you look, is quite exhilarating.

23 hours ago, coconut said:

Unfortunately, that does not work for me. DServer.exe refuses to load the msnbin files generated by resaver.exe, even after the hotfix.

@Sneaksie

We have this issue as well. MissionResaver.exe doesn't work on files that the editor can open and save with no problems.

Edited by LLv34_Untamo

Great update 3005; but after playing the game for one day it now locks up career mode during jumping to next day. Any one else have this problem? Hope there is a fix coming soon.

12 minutes ago, TGTucker said:

Great update 3005; but after playing the game for one day it now locks up career mode during jumping to next day. Any one else have this problem? Hope there is a fix coming soon.

Have flown several missions into my Spit Kuban Career, has not happened on my end.

Um ...er...Spad Cooper bombs don't seem to work...but to tell the truth I don't think SPAD's ever really carried them...😏

2 hours ago, TGTucker said:

no issues here with Career mode. Check your internet.

5 hours ago, JG4_Sputnik said:

In MP I have constantly crashes in tanks. Then I try to rejoin and nothing works anymore - have to ctrl alt delete - never have had this before 😕

Just wondering.... does the server you join support the new tanks (list them for use)? If not.... that 'could' cause problems.

On 7/21/2018 at 11:07 PM, RoteDreizehn said:

Il2 its nearly on the same level as Warthunder.  80% Arcade Game

[edited]  That's one bug that will be taken care of much quicker than it took you to look up how to spell arcade.  Pointing out faults is one thing.....wow, just...wow.

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 8

How do you use the vehicle's own magnification zoom in VR ? When using the buttons "veh turret zoom", nothing happens. On the monitor it works.

The separate "VR zoom" from and for the aircraft is insufficient. 

Since the update, I no longer get the motion blur effect in the cockpit. The cinematic camera option is selected and applies the appropriate effects externally, but the motion blur when sitting in the cockpit is gone.

Is this intentional or a bug? Is there a way to re-enable it? I know many people don't like/use motion blur but I like it and have always used it.

Can you control tanks with joystick and throttle and rubber .

22 minutes ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

The separate "VR zoom" from and for the aircraft is insufficient

@Jason_Williams

If we are to use VR zoom and not vehicle zoom,  would it be possible to get your guys to have a stronger VR zoom option  on top of the existing one? (Configurable option perhaps)

We appreciate that you got VR zoom added on release of the VR support and can understand that it was set to this level due to the potential of triggering VR sickness when getting used to it. 

But many people are now able to adapt to stronger zoom in VR and having a configuration setting that increases the zoom both for tanks and planes would be well received.

• Like 1

Wife okayed purchase of TC, but not FC too.  I'll have to wait I guess.  Chose TC because of eventual AAA collector vehicles, and give the MP players a little "what for."  Looking forward to Ship Crew!  Can't do Pacific without it right?

5 hours ago, Blitzen said:

but to tell the truth I don't think SPAD's ever really carried them...😏

They did.

2 hours ago, II./JG77_Con said:

Can you control tanks with joystick and throttle and rubber .

You can, but I found the rubber made them bounce around too much.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Blitzen said:

Um ...er...Spad Cooper bombs don't seem to work...but to tell the truth I don't think SPAD's ever really carried them...😏

They work and they did.

With the last patch 3.005b the launch of the game under steam is now again perfect and easy. Thanks! :salute:

The WWI planes are fun to fly but do not try a winter map you freeze to death in minutes...Na, only joking  should do but does not happen in the game.

Edited by senseispcc

5 hours ago, Lysus said:

Wife okayed purchase of TC, but not FC too.  I'll have to wait I guess.  Chose TC because of eventual AAA collector vehicles, and give the MP players a little "what for."  Looking forward to Ship Crew!  Can't do Pacific without it right?

Yeah the same here. Mine handsome woman changed from a flower to a furious tiger when I wanted to take it at once. So the Tigers will be up to a month. Oh, yeah, women - they do not know what's important. 🤩

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Rjel said:

You can, but I found the rubber made them bounce around too much.

I was thinking throttle for advance and reverse , left and right rudder , turret up down left and right ,  joystick . 

@Skerrit 

You have got to be trying hard to fail to see the difference between the Studio and team that produces 'our' IL-2 series and the larger 1C "parent company" 

I don't really see your point unless it is just misplaced sarcasm. 

After the very costly debacle that was CLoD it is fortunate that 1C were/are giving the go ahead for any combat flight sims

Cheers, Dakpilot 

What I would like to know is why the DM in FC was changed by hotfix. 

In 3.005 it certainly seems easier to hit pilots and engines through the fuselage than in Rof, which is a big improvement: the 3.005 DM was greeted very favourably by most of the RoF grognards.   

With the hotfix change, wings, especially on the SPAD, are now coming off after short bursts even when they are under no excess G loading. This is not an improvement.  Why was it done?  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, II./JG77_Con said:

I was thinking throttle for advance and reverse , left and right rudder , turret up down left and right ,  joystick . 

I use the throttle for advance + reverse, and the rudder pedals for left/right turn. Works well.

I have also mapped the main weapon fire controls to the joystick which again works ok.

Have tried to find a way to have joystick axis controlling turret/gun elevation, but so far I can't see a way to do it.

So, partially there.

I don't have TC but when I used the throttle to control forward and back on the standard tanks it was horrible because it is hard to find the mid point and stop quickly with out overshooting.