Han

Game version 3.002 discussion: Game Functionality Update

Flew several of my Kuban Career missions since the update this morning, everything rock solid!

Thanks again for the great update!

Thanks for the update! 

You guys really do an outstanding job!

:salute:

Flo

It is amazing how this team, 1C, have turned the BOX sims around and are continuing to improve the experience with every update.

Thanks for all of the hard work from the team. I am having fun with your sim, and that is all I ever wanted and expected to recieve

from my purchase. I am already in for OBP and awaiting a chance to purchase FC and most likely TC also. Keep it up Gents!:salute:

S!Blade<><

• Upvote 1

Was anything changed regarding radio commands? I've just flown a few old single player  missions and the radio commands to the rest of the player's flight are no longer visible, only the gestures appear in the command menu. I've also seen this problem in QMB missions, but it doesn't always happen. For some reason it mostly happens when starting from a runway. Very strange.

When I launch IL-2 and click on Login, I get a message saying I need to update my game, and with no option to start the update. So for now I can't play or update the game. Any suggestions? I submitted a support ticket but I can't see the status anywhere. Can anyone help please?

1 minute ago, haluter said:

When I launch IL-2 and click on Login, I get a message saying I need to update my game, and with no option to start the update. So for now I can't play or update the game. Any suggestions? I submitted a support ticket but I can't see the status anywhere. Can anyone help please?

Are you using the launcher to load the game or the il2.exe file? If not using the launcher that's what you need to do. 

2 minutes ago, Hoots said:

Are you using the launcher to load the game or the il2.exe file? If not using the launcher that's what you need to do. 

Yeah that was it, it's updating now, thanks!

• Upvote 1

I have downloaded the patch but cant log in

Following message appears

1, No connection with authorization server

2, Your connection to Master-server was temporarily lost. Check your internet connection.

Even if i restart my pc, no go.

With 3.001 everything was fine.

Quick question: after the introduction of the new career, what happened to the scripted missions of the old campaign? I mean, those missions were very well built and fun to fly. Are there any chances to get them back as single player missions? 

:salute:

Flo

32 minutes ago, Yankee_One said:

I have downloaded the patch but cant log in

Following message appears

1, No connection with authorization server

2, Your connection to Master-server was temporarily lost. Check your internet connection.

Even if i restart my pc, no go.

With 3.001 everything was fine.

This may be a stupid question, but are you having issues with your internet connection?

Also maybe the server is a bit overloaded from a lot of people updating and you can't make a connection to it?

Where's my sunroof?

From the tank gunner position, alt-C would open the hatch for riding cabrio in summer.

New key combination for that?

Great update, I can finally do ground starts with my 190A3 career. The AI had a lot of trouble taking off and would usually just roll around until they spun out and crashed into each other, but I just took it for a spin and everyone took off perfectly.

Also, I got the Iron Cross 1st class after the mission was over, despite not shooting anyone down, so to the user wondering if medals are applied retroactively, it looks like you just need to fly a mission first and then they will be applied

Thanks Dev team for a great update, the roads look great as well, and all the other updates are very nice! Some people really seem to expect the world in 2 weeks, Jason has a level of patience that I one day hope to cultivate

I'm very excited to try this as soon as the semester is over.

Sadly, it doesn't seem like there are any changes to Italian pilot names/ranks with 3.002 (perhaps in June?), but the rest of these changes are exceptional.

3 minutes ago, FarflungWanderer said:

I'm very excited to try this as soon as the semester is over.

Sadly, it doesn't seem like there are any changes to Italian pilot names/ranks with 3.002 (perhaps in June?), but the rest of these changes are exceptional.

Italy would have to be added to the list of nations for that to happen, and I just don't see that happening for one plane that had a very minor role in the East.

• Upvote 1

Just now, LukeFF said:

Italy would have to be added to the list of nations for that to happen, and I just don't see that happening for one plane that had a very minor role in the East.

Ah, that's a shame. Perhaps someday...

A Mediterranean/Malta/Greece/North Africa '40-'41 expansion would certainly give cause for them to be added officially.

12 minutes ago, aust3298 said:

Since updating to 3.002, when I select Missions from Main Menu nothing is displayed.  If I look in the game data/Missions folder the missions are there.  These worked OK in 3.001.  Does anyone else experience this or have any ideas? 

Try refreshing your mission cache files by doing the following:

1. Close IL-2 Sturmovik and the Mission Editor.

2. In your games folder, under the data subfolder, delete the files ctreecache.eng and mtreecache.eng.

Important! Be careful not to delete other IL-2 Sturmovik files.

The cache files are rebuilt when you start IL-2 Sturmovik.

When is there a hotfix to the dxrenderer 11 error??
Really had a good time with this game for about 1 year ago but now i cant even play it in 5 min without the crash.

My gpu is a 780 ti.

9 minutes ago, LMGmaana2820 said:

When is there a hotfix to the dxrenderer 11 error??
Really had a good time with this game for about 1 year ago but now i cant even play it in 5 min without the crash.

My gpu is a 780 ti.

Roll back your driver, this isn't a game issue but more of a driver compatibility issue with nvidia. 

I'm on a GTX 780 SC and no issues with the driver I'm using 385.28 - WHQL

3 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Thanks Robert and everyone else. All praise really does go to the team, not me. They do the really hard work. They really do work super hard on all aspects of this product and their results speak for themselves. After all these years of result after result I get tired of having to defend our work. It’s been a decade. We know what we’re doing and what’s possible or not.

Jason

I will add my kudos to all the dev team. Thanks, for all your efforts. And by the way you delivered in advance. That's just extraordinary in game development where we are used to the opposite. And you also mentioned that the BOBp first plane is nearly done. Guys you are all running on steroïds. Beware about overheating, summer is coming :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

i had "flashy grainy" distant landscape on Moscow and Stalingrad map only (just over the trees limit view), TXAA to supersampling was able to get it smooth but everything was more blurry and very hungry on my GPU, It was not only unpleasant, it was little harder to spot a plane when the ground view was not steady.

I just did a career mission on Stalingrad map with TXAA to multisampling only, and distant landscape is just perfect now and no blurr anywhere! i can enjoy the 2 older maps as much as Kuban , very very good improvement

A hotfix has been applied:
- Your scripted campaign progress should be back if you haven't played and finished a mission from a campaign since 3.002 release
- Multipayer chat text window fixed
- Point name doubling in multiplayer fixed
- Tank hatches work again
- A-20B and Pz.III sights corrected
- You shouldn't encounter AI MC.202 in Moscow and Fw 190 A-3 in Stalingrad anymore.

We'll address the multiplayer modification locks and player kill messages a bit later.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8
  • Upvote 8

Just now, Sneaksie said:

- Your scripted campaign progress should be back if you haven't played and finished a mission from a campaign since 3.002 release
- You shouldn't encounter AI MC.202 in Moscow and Fw 190 A-3 in Stalingrad anymore.

We'll address the multiplayer modification locks and player kill messages a bit later.

Incredible! You guys rock!

Wow, you guys are fast and furious.

Love them devs

1 minute ago, Sneaksie said:

Yay! Thanks for the tank hatch! :biggrin:

2 minutes ago, Sneaksie said:

Awesome, thanks much !!

Thanks Sneaksie!

And thanks to the team! :salute:

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy

This is weird, grabbing the hotfix now and while it is downloading the filesize is growing as well...

In fact it is growing faster than I am downloading.

You are continuing to adjust VR devices! You just ensured that I am going to immediately buy the next batch of pre-orders / early access products once available.

• Upvote 1

now it is 3.002b
in quick mission,I can't select a parked plane or let plane on the runway......:o:

what's going on?

5 minutes ago, dburne said:

This is weird, grabbing the hotfix now and while it is downloading the filesize is growing as well...

In fact it is growing faster than I am downloading.

Total file size is still growing while downloading, already about surpassed the size of the update this morning, something seeming maybe not right.

Think I better try to cancel out of this update process.

Edited by dburne

2 minutes ago, dburne said:

Total file size is still growing while downloading, already about surpassed the size of the update this morning, something seeming maybe not right.

Don I just started down loading and my file size shows 124.29MB, just checked and the file size has not changed.  Maybe something on your end?:wacko:

6 minutes ago, dburne said:

Same here

8 minutes ago, Takuya_liang said:

now it is 3.002b
in quick mission,I can't select a parked plane or let plane on the runway......:o:

what's going on?

Not all of the locations let you do that. Have you tried others?

4 minutes ago, Taxman said:

Don I just started down loading and my file size shows 124.29MB, just checked and the file size has not changed.  Maybe something on your end?:wacko:

I cancelled out of the launcher, then ran it again and this time it seems to have gotten the update ok.

We are leaving early in the morning to the beach for a few days, won't get a chance to fly again until I return. Had a blast flying it for a few hours today though!

Edited by dburne

Don went away for a few minutes and the file size is now growing up to 180 MB plus now this is very strange.

2 minutes ago, dburne said:

I cancelled out of the launcher, then ran it again and this time it seems to have gotten the update ok.

Thanks Don I just cancelled out.  

11 minutes ago, caththefoxes said:

mine was 227 mb and its done now

10 minutes ago, Taxman said:

Don went away for a few minutes and the file size is now growing up to 180 MB plus now this is very strange.

Thanks Don I just cancelled out.  

You hig cancel about 50mb early :)

Yes 227mb confirmed.