Han

Game version 3.002 discussion: Game Functionality Update

2 minutes ago, Semor76 said:

-melodramatic comment about pricing-

I don't see an issue. And whatever issue you have, Jason has explained about a half dozen times... Nearly once for every time you've brought it up.

5 minutes ago, sevenless said:

I have one who hasn´t gotten Iron Cross 1st Class and german cross and after the first mission with the new patch...bam! Both awarded.  Very nice.

Woo!

Edited by Space_Ghost
  • Upvote 2

Absolutely brilliant! Pretty much all 'gripes' addressed here. What can I say? This setup is just the BEST, the BEST I tell you!!!

Thanks

Rap

Awesome! I wasn't expecting this already! Great work guys! I'm going to start my career over again. Also the first Bodenplatte materials are coming next month? More great news!

Thanks for all your hard work...:good:...

28 minutes ago, Space_Ghost said:

Awww, my soul... Now I'm gonna have to get another pilot up to 150 victories. :(

Current victories are preserved.

There is no a wait queue implemented for multiplayer servers. So when we try to connect and simultaneously other players try too, one or more is "knocked over" and back to the mode selection screen (coop or multiplayer).:wacko:
I suggest creating a wait queue to connect to multiplayer servers as this, in addition to trivial, makes the attempts fairer as we often see players disconnecting and connecting again ahead of other players who were trying but were, during the attempts, was overthrowed by the server.

This is very frustrating. :(

• Like 2
  • Upvote 8

38 minutes ago, Space_Ghost said:

Awww, my soul... Now I'm gonna have to get another pilot up to 150 victories. :(

Not quite! It seems that flying one or more missions in that campaign results in awards as was previously mentioned.

You guys rock!!

Fantastic, didnt thought about an update today.

I have a new rig and i must say the game is brilliant. Everything is  on ultra and its f..... smooth.

It was a good decision to buy a new rig, mine was 9 years old.  FANTASTIC!!!!

Thanks guys.

Keep up your great work.

S!

Edited by Yankee_One

40 minutes ago, Semor76 said:

The bug is still there.....huge disappointment here. I appreciate all the work in the Il-2 series, but things like this should not be in a full price product in 2018. Not even a word about it in the patch notes? :(

2018_4_18__12_54_30.jpg

Semor,

How many more times do I have to say that this is not a bug, it's a technology limitation. The clouds are aliased at a different rate then the planes and when they are i the same space and at certain angles this occurs. I've said this multiple times now and you keep on complaining about something that cannot be changed now and maybe never. That's just the world we have to live in. Feel free to ignore everything else the team just broke their back to fix for you. If and when we can improve this issue I will tell you. 

Jason

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Upvote 24

The players names are bugged during the confirmation message , shows only the planes type instead of the player names. QMB, Carrier and Multiplayer too. 

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN

4 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Semor,

How many more times do I have to say that this is not a bug, it's a technology limitation. The clouds are aliased at a different rate then the planes and when they are i the same space and at certain angles this occurs. I've said this multiple times now and you keep on complaining about something that cannot be changed now and maybe never. That's just the world we have to live in. Feel free to ignore everything else the team just broke their back to fix for you. If and when we can improve this issue I will tell you. 

Jason

What about the dancing clouds effect? Is this being looked at?

1 minute ago, Pupo said:

What about the dancing clouds effect? Is this being looked at?

We've already looked at it. That's just how they work. You  must think we're dense or something. If something is easy to change we change it.

Jason

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I love that the devs keep improving and fixing things they've already made.  One of the most premium aspects of this title.  (Especially happy that career is getting attention.)

Thanks Guys,

Ceowulf<><

• Like 3

54. The password for the game is stored more securely if you choose the 'remember password' option;

That is amazing!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jason_Williams said:

We've already looked at it. That's just how they work.

Jason

So a fix to this issue is not coming? If that is the case I'm very disappointed. Your team has done a great work all around this update (track ir, password encryption, career fixes), but the cloud issues are breaking my enjoyment of the game. I was hoping that a fix would come sooner or later. I hope you change your mind on this and take steps forward to fixing these issues. In a worst case scenario, I'd rather have the old clouds over the stuttering and bad-aliasing clouds we have right now. They don't look as pretty for sure, but at least they worked.

Edit: To be clear, I posted my reply when Jason's original reply was as quoted. He later edited it to include "You  must think we're dense or something. If something is easy to change we change it."  I never said that this would be a easy fix, nor that the Dev team was dense. I'd be perfectly fine with a "We are looking at it, but it might take 1 year to fix". Cheers.

Edited by Pupo
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Pupo said:

So a fix to this issue is not coming? If that is the case I'm very disappointed. Your team has done a great work all around this update (track ir, password encryption, career fixes), but the cloud issues are breaking my enjoyment of the game. I was hoping that a fix would come sooner or later. I hope you change your mind on this and take steps forward to fixing these issues. In a worst case scenario, I'd rather have the old clouds over the stuttering and bad-aliasing clouds we have right now. They don't look as pretty for sure, but at least they worked.

It's not a fix if it's not broken. Not sure what old clouds you are referring too. They always worked this way. No more cloud complaints from you in this thread or any other for a while. You've been heard.

Jason

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

We've already looked at it. That's just how they work. You  must think we're dense or something. If something is easy to change we change it.

Jason

18 minutes ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

The players names are bugged during the confirmation message , shows only the planes type instead of the player names. QMB, Carrier and Multiplayer too. 

Is this  easy to change?

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN

2 minutes ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Is this  easy to change?

Have no idea until we look at it. Maybe just a simple bug.

Jason

You got to love this dev team.

Great update.

• Upvote 1

Anyone who is running a modded game, remember to deselect your mods in JSGME before updating to avoid possible issues...

• Upvote 1

Hi DEVs ,

have a problem to install the update.

Client is downloaded. The installation bar screen appears and then it says  "FAILED TO UPDATE"

3.001 was running well.

Can i delete some update folders?

If yes wich of these folder.

BTW i have

win 10

Ryzen 7 CPU

32 Gig Ram at 3200

Edited by Yankee_One

31 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Jason

Frankly, you guys change a lot of the hard stuff too. Many thanks. Longer post to follow...............

1 hour ago, Space_Ghost said:

I don't see an issue. And whatever issue you have, Jason has explained about a half dozen times... Nearly once for every time you've brought it up.

Woo!

Speaking of pricing, I managed to pick up BOS and BOM for less than the cost of a 'full price game' because of the sales...and I get the 'old' games plus all the improvements of the new one...which is frankly a STEAL and I almost feel like a criminal for not buying BoK lol. 

I haven't been able to play much but the few times I have has been amazing, and to see a fix this quickly after a MAJOR software overhaul from such a small team is stellar. These guys really are busting a** to get things done, and with content from Bodenplatte already coming out in the near future? Crazy. I'm not going to be too concerned over a graphical issue tbh.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

"(...) but the first Bodenplatte aircraft will be ready next month", it  says in the news.

Hype! 

I pre-bought BoB already, so I wonder if I will really be flying them within a month! I wonder what will it be? The p-51 perhaps!?

IGWOJ9I.jpg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, danielprates said:

"(...) but the first Bodenplatte aircraft will be ready next month", it  says in the news.

Hype! 

I pre-bought BoB already, so I wonder if I will really be flying them within a month! I wonder what will it be? The p-51 perhaps!?

More likely to be the Spitfire, Fw 190 A-8 or Bf 109 G-14.

Edited by Space_Ghost

Thanks for the update! Please try to improve the slowdowns in the career or make the option to even more reduce the number of the units

Missed this, thanks! I ll try it in the evening :

31. 'Rare' and 'medium' Career object intensity settings will result in better performance;

Edited by Voidhunger
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, danielprates said:

I pre-bought BoB already, so I wonder if I will really be flying them within a month! I

I am only in it for the goldbars... :ph34r::tease:

This aside: Some very nice patching done here. Thanks a lot. :salute:

Edited by JG4_dingsda

The game does not open correctly for me... Intro screen shows and then black. No menu shows... I hear the sound...

Anyone else having this issue?

Just to clarify @Jason_Williams,

this technology limitation is the cause too for planes disappearing behind a cloud when in reality the plane is in front of it?

Because I think Semor was referring to the Aliasing issue...

Thanks in advance and congrats for this update.

Edited by LF_VictoriSV
clarification of the question
  • Upvote 1

Well done DEV's, that is an excellent update. Those screenies are really impressive and the wear and use on the road textures is really cool. The roads look like roads :)

I'm very excited about the upcoming AC BoBp release. For Daniel ^^, the three AC we know are in progress are the Spit, 109 and the Thunderbolt. I'm going with the Spit as a pure guess.

Not sure why the clouds "issue" is coming back into vogue with people who have been around for a while. There should be no mystery there as to the fact it is a third party developer and little can be done with/to them. There seems to have been some optimization in earlier releases so have faith they are both aware (they are!) and want them improved as much as any user here. Excellent list of bug crushing and improvements.

Now when can we see some map objects from BoBp? I want to see some Western European structures ;)

27 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

It's not a fix if it's not broken. Not sure what old clouds you are referring too. They always worked this way. No more cloud complaints from you in this thread or any other for a while. You've been heard.

Jason

I think what Pupo wants to say is the fact that the different aliasing between Clouds and planes was less noticeable before Patch 3.001 and I would second this.

32 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

No more cloud complaints from you in this thread or any other for a while. You've been heard.

Roger that.Its your house. You´re the Boss here.

1 minute ago, Semor76 said:

I think what Pupo wants to say is the fact that the different aliasing between Clouds and planes was less noticeable before Patch 3.001 and I would second this.

Roger that.Its your house. You´re the Boss here.

No, it pretty obvious that wasn't what he was saying. They're two separate non-issues.

FFS.

• Upvote 1