LLv34_Untamo

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

Hello)))

Not found in the description of the purpose of the transportation "repair". What is his purpose?

A closed field that has not been captured yet can be supplied by bringing in a "repair" plane, landing it successfully on the field and then finishing the flight. This cuts down the respawn times of airfield objects.

The description is probably missing from the Russian localization of the mission briefing. I'll add it.

Got it, thanks

another question
How to recover lost planes?

Edited by =ART=RUS66

Each side's planes on the starting eight airfields are resupplied every 45 minutes. Destroying the factory objects will lengthen this interval. A destroyed factory object will be repaired in 6 hours. To supply planes on an airfield that has been captured from the opposing side (i.e. one of the starting eight airfields), land a "supply" plane on the airfield.

In addition, if you takeoff with a plane and then land it successfully back to the airfield, you should have the plane available.

Got it, thanks

The supply columns and trains shown on the map or they need to scout?

Got it, thanks

The supply columns and trains shown on the map or they need to scout?

We had to remove those, because the DServer.exe couldn't handle the load (we had a convoy of 5 trucks / train cars running to each airfield -> 40 convoy/train cars total). So no moving supply columns/trains :(

We want to put them back if/when DServer.exe performance is improved.

I was referring to the markers on the map))

No convoys -> no markers :(

Now that I think about this supply convoy issue...

Maybe we could mark the bridges that are on the "supply route" from the factory to the airfield. If some or all of those bridges are destroyed, supply takes longer or doesn't happen at all...

• Upvote 1

That is, where there are static columns to not visible on the map and on their place the situation can only guess?

That is, where there are static columns to not visible on the map and on their place the situation can only guess?

Not even static columns on the map.

If there was convoys, you would need to search for them and tell your side in chat where they currently are.

Yesterday made a flight with you generally like, there is a question))
Why is the airfield of the enemy stood yesterday the T-34 and LaGG-3?

The idea of printed bridges on the route of the convoy is very good))
It seems to me that if you point out 2-3 bridge in the middle distance from each other well enough, and add 1-2 bridge to deceive the enemy

In the near future I think that will come as a whole group)))

PS sorry for my English)))

Edited by =ART=RUS66

Why is the airfield of the enemy stood yesterday the T-34 and LaGG-3?

In the near future I think that will come as a whole group)))

We haven't yet made logic to the mission that would change the ground object types according to which side the airfield is on. So what you probably saw was an airfield that had been captured by the other side :)

Nice to hear you liked the server! :)

It seems to me that if you point out 2-3 bridge in the middle distance from each other well enough, and add 1-2 bridge to deceive the enemy

Thanks for the idea, we'll think about this.

Question, what is the level of AAA ?

I did a couple flights but got sniped both times by the 72K guns, before bomb release.

They are set on expert (or how is the highest setting called) to prevent conquering the airfield by only one player.

Question, what is the level of AAA ?

Light AAA: High

Heavy AAA: Low

Reason for this is that we don't want it to be easy for a single player to shut down and capture an airfield.

I've managed to close and capture an airfield alone only once, so it's not impossible, just hard :)

S!

First post updated:

New chat command.

<attack <field-name>/<alias> - Marks an airfield for attack. Works like voting. 1 (or max 2) airfields that are given the most "attack votes" are marked with appropriate symbols. Helps new people on server to select a target.

There are now new "lighter load" supply columns/trains in the mission. A supply column/train is sent to each side's "starting eight" airfields every 45 minutes. Destroying the factory objects will lengthen this interval. A destroyed factory object will be repaired in 6 hours. Friendly column locations are shown on the map, enemy columns will need to be spotted first by flying to at least 5 km distance from the coolumn. Columns will be spawned into game only when an enemy plane is near them.

Hi everyone! Today, flying on your server, it looks very cool. Thank you so much for the realization!  Is it possible to implement a night missions and a dynamic weather? Clouds, wind and snow?)
Apologize for my english

6LTUM3yS7f8.jpg

f8xVZjrIhio.jpg

NlkOlc3v1jw.jpg

BOcPRucF0CE.jpg

ZwQ3UqkHIwY.jpg

3O3kLAB96Ik.jpg

Edited by I./KG100_Wermut

Very nice server, indeed! Thank you very much, it has to offer a lot for single pilots or a group - here's something for anyone and it has it's sense within the whole scenario, very satisfying.  :clapping:

Just an observation: I made a long tour in the blue backyard, looking for trains and trucks - no success. I myself might miss a lot, but my gunners in "long range shoot at ground targets"-mode usually have eyes of an eagle and fire at once. No trains and no trucks in the vicinity of the airfields - maybe it was bad luck, maybe a hint there's something wrong. Greetings, Ulrich

Hi everyone! Today, flying on your server, it looks very cool. Thank you so much for the realization!  Is it possible to implement a night missions and a dynamic weather? Clouds, wind and snow?)

Apologize for my english

We don't have missions with medium/heavy clouds so that level bombing flights are always possible. Night missions might be possible, but that requires adding a couple of searchlights to each airfield and the factories. Note also that the mission duration is 10 hours, and not all people like night operations. Maybe we could have a mission where about half of the duration would be night/dark.

Very nice server, indeed! Thank you very much, it has to offer a lot for single pilots or a group - here's something for anyone and it has it's sense within the whole scenario, very satisfying.  :clapping:

Just an observation: I made a long tour in the blue backyard, looking for trains and trucks - no success. I myself might miss a lot, but my gunners in "long range shoot at ground targets"-mode usually have eyes of an eagle and fire at once. No trains and no trucks in the vicinity of the airfields - maybe it was bad luck, maybe a hint there's something wrong. Greetings, Ulrich

The way the supply columns are currently implemented is that they are ready to spawn in point A for a given time, then they "move" to be ready to spawn in point B, and so on. It's like this because Dserver couldn't handle the amount of ground vehicles of all supply columns being spawned and moving at the same time. You need to get within 5 km distance from the column for it to be spawned. In addition, they will be placed to the side of the road (like they would have done a "panic stop"). When you get close enough to an enemy column/train, there will be a text shown to your side about it stating the square where the column/train is.

Next thing we will be implementing for the server are ground war operations. The idea is that there would be a number of "battlefield locations" with fortifications on each side between the opposing airfields. Players would then need to destroy anti-tank guns etc. in the enemy fortifications before their tanks start the attack. After that they need to cover the tank advance. If enough tanks reach the enemy fortifications alive, the fortification is captured and the frontline (which will be added at this time) will advance.

Edited by LLv34_T_Temuri

Thanks for the hints, Temuri, and let me point on this:

http://ts3.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/faq/

:good:

The recon pics are done THAT nice and with a fine insight into history - a real pleasure to prepare a mission using such data!

Please think about bad weather and night missions, a short length might be wise in the regular pattern. Or sometimes maybe within a specially advertised event for the hardcore-crowd! Thanks again and keep it up that way, please!

(broken link repaired)

Edited by 216th_Retnek

Thanks for the hints, Temuri, and let me point on this:

http://ts3.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/faq/  :good:

The recon pics are done THAT nice and with a fine insight into history - a real pleasure to prepare a mission using such data!

Please think about bad weather and night missions, a short length might be wise in the regular pattern. Or sometimes maybe within a specially advertised event for the hardcore-crowd! Thanks again and keep it up that way, please!

It's nice to see LLv32_Kanttori's recon work hasn't been in vain, I'm glad you like the pics :)

Shorter length mission might be doable, but I assume it would require some changes to the java application running behind the Dserver. Currently, there is one mission duration setting that can be changed, but as far as I've understood (have to check from LLv34_Untamo) changing the setting requires restarting the application and the mission manually. As you might have noticed, the different weather conditions are now done by having a completely own mission for the individual settings, so the bad weather missions would need to be saved separately as well. So in short: don't hold your breath with this, there's only two of us maintaining this thing :) Too bad there isn't any control in the mission/dserver that would allow the java application to change the weather on the fly. That would be awesome.

Nice attendance yesterday, thank you for everyone who were flying on the server!

Like I mentioned yesterday in chat, I'll be updating the supply convoy logic in a way that the convoys will be spawned also when a friendly aircraft gets near enough. ETA is most likely this coming weekend.

Like I mentioned yesterday in chat, I'll be updating the supply convoy logic in a way that the convoys will be spawned also when a friendly aircraft gets near enough. ETA is most likely this coming weekend.

Strike that. Would need to double the amount of triggers.

Map icon is now enabled on the server, and the server name was changed to "Finnish VirtualPilots - Moscow Warbirds - Dynamic Airfield Capturing".

I was flying the other day in your server, I liked the Transport , repair and bombing missions. You feel a pressure to accomplish something. Not a fan of GPS maps, but it is a nice laid back feel to that also. I will definitely fly more often there

Glad you like it. We are currently implementing/testing ground war operations. The idea is that there are pairs of defense lines between each airfield. Players need to destroy 50% of the enemy defense line to spawn AI tanks that start advancing towards the enemy line. If a tank reaches the enemy line, the line is considered destroyed. Then, the next pair of defense line is activated and the frontline moves. There are also tank spawns for players, but they are meant mainly for defensive purposes, not for attacking, and the will be no logic to "destroy" enemy line if a player tank reaches the enemy line.

This will change the airfield capture logic too. An airfield can be captured only if the last defense line adjacent to it is destroyed. Players still need to destroy 80% of the airfield to close it before trying to capture it.

S!

First post updated:

Ground war is now live on the server.

Changes:

- The map now features "combat zones" between airfields where ground war takes place.

- When a combat zone is won by one side, the combat moves to the direction of the losing party, providing a dynamic and moving front line.

- When the battle reaches an airfield and the combat zone next to a airfield is won, airfield can be captured (so, it cannot be captured whenever anymore).

We've now been running the ground war for couple of days. We noticed the mission is too heavy, so we lightened it a bit. We also saw that we need faster network connection on the server, and we are addressing this issue next week.

I find it way to hard since you make radar at airport. There is no chance surviving in a regular bomber, ground attacker . 

I find it way to hard since you make radar at airport. There is no chance surviving in a regular bomber, ground attacker . 

Yes, if you fly alone it is hard. As it should be.