LLv34_Untamo

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

What is the second picture showing us?   Is it to demonstrate that you were actually on a new sortie when it decided you had died in your previous sortie?

I wonder if it is connected to the mechanic that allows aircraft to be added to the airfield supply?  Perhaps when you landed and left the plane,  it remained sitting on the field in your name and was bombed or straffed or even 'collided with' if it stayed spawned on the runway?    I know one of the servers used to deliberately place your newly delivered aircraft on the field as a static aircraft that could be destroyed before you got back to it.  Does Finnish do that?     Perhaps Temuri has access to a log showing exactly what happened at that field at 20:20:24.

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex

15 hours ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

I know one of the servers used to deliberately place your newly delivered aircraft on the field as a static aircraft that could be destroyed before you got back to it.  Does Finnish do that?

We don't.

Untamo checked the logs of the earlier incident, and looks like it's the stats system doing something wonky.

• Thanks 1

On 2/13/2019 at 10:52 AM, TUS_Samuel said:

Just death 10 minutes later after player exited to menu and already started a new flight. 

I checked the logs (not very thoroughly)... The events (according to server logs) did not occur the way the stats say. You did die on one flight, but it was a different flight that the stats say. I would say: random glitch in stats system (which is made by IL-2 game developer FB-Vaal, and as Temuri said, we don't have much power over it).

Edited by LLv34_Untamo

On 2/14/2019 at 3:15 PM, 56RAF_Roblex said:

What is the second picture showing us?   Is it to demonstrate that you were actually on a new sortie when it decided you had died in your previous sortie?

Correct

I am not sure if there is a bug.    This morning at 8:50 I used an IL2 to help someone close an airfield but I took some damage and was also wounded.  None of it was fatal and I continued on for another ten minutes until the field was closed then landed at the closed field.  It was a nice gentle landing with no further damage caused and I switched off and finished the mission without problems and was told I had made a successful landing.  Looking at the logs now it shows I ditched, OK fair enough as it may count an enemy airfield as a ditch,  but then it says I died.

It does not sound like the same bug everyone is reporting as they are being pronounced dead some time after ending the mission but I was pronounced dead at the same time as I left.

image.thumb.png.892492be9aa0fde4e106b25320cb971e.png

My next flight, in an A20, also shows me dying as I left but that is not so clearly wrong as I had to ditch while still in range of enemy guns.  It was  successful ditch and I did not see any sign of dying before I despawned but it might have happened.

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex

12 hours ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

None of it was fatal and I continued on for another ten minutes until the field was closed then landed at the closed field.

Enemy field? Most likely our system determined you got captured -> killed.

12 hours ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

My next flight, in an A20, also shows me dying as I left but that is not so clearly wrong as I had to ditch while still in range of enemy guns.  It was  successful ditch and I did not see any sign of dying before I despawned but it might have happened.

Same here.

2 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Enemy field? Most likely our system determined you got captured -> killed.

So being captured now means you get executed?     I have to admit that it is probably about 12 months since I last took part in an airfield capture on your server.   Previously it was normal practice to land at the closed field without penalty.  Also the person I was helping advised me to land there and I trusted him 🙂      Perhaps he was one of those people who thinks getting killed is irrelevant as long as it allows you to finish the task quicker.

2 minutes ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

Previously it was normal practice to land at the closed field without penalty. 

So you had already captured the airfield? Then it shouldn't kill you.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri

S!

If you are the one landing with paratroopers that will capture the airfield, you will not get captured, and therefore will not get killed in stats :) ... If someone lands on an enemy airfield before it is captured, they will get captured, and killed in stats (POW for rest of the war, career over).

If you have witnessed something deviating from this, please report, as it is most likely a bug.

Map is broken right now. It actually stops functioning periodically. F5, ctrl+F5 don't help, tried to access from home (chrome) and from work (firefox).

image.thumb.png.5455629a9960614783ef665d1c71013c.png

1 hour ago, TUS_Samuel said:

Map is broken right now. It actually stops functioning periodically. F5, ctrl+F5 don't help, tried to access from home (chrome) and from work (firefox).

Yes, seems like il2missionplanner is down.

Edit: aaand looks like it's working again.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri

12 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Edit: aaand looks like it's working again.

Nope. Down for me atleast.

Everything hangs in a never-before-seen way. May be due to the game update.

3 minutes ago, TUS_Samuel said:

Everything hangs in a never-before-seen way. May be due to the game update.

Care to give some more details?

I know that the stats system has some issue, so it can't process the logs.

I'm just looking at the server home web page. Yes, looks like il-2 stats not being updated.

Had some great fighting yesterday on this server, really enjoying Finnish with the new plane set match-up.

<S>alute

Witch

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TUS_Samuel said:

Tip of the day: if you want to avoid captivity when shot down over enemy airfield you can just disconnect

http://ts3.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/sortie/log/256073/?tour=26

http://ts3.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/sortie/log/256061/?tour=26

Now that is a very "good" tip of the day! Very fair play, very sportsmanlike - I can't believe such behavior of some individuals here.

No guts - no glory!

That's what comes up in my mind!

Have a nice disco life!

Posted (edited)

I admit I'm guilty! ☠️

5 hours ago, TUS_Samuel said:

Tip of the day:

The tricks to avoid capture are others and I think you know them well. They dont require the disconnection!

However dont worry, that my karma has put things in balance  considering that after I died and that while capturing an airport I got disconnected!

Since I switched to Win10 and then with the latest updates I suffer from big freezes and screen blocks, especially when I attack on the ground and when it happens I get disconnected. Many of my deaths and disconnections are due to these problems of mine!

Am I wrong? I'm just trying to get back to the server quickly!
I'm sorry you thought badly and if it makes you live happily I'll go for a coffee when these things happen again!

I'm glad you look at my stats, maybe you look at them more than I do, a if you search well you will find other "suspicious" disconnections...

I had 22 disconnections and only 9 after being damaged or while I was damaged!

Too many? Surely! But it doesn't depend on me!
Fortunately it never happened after being hit by an enemy pilot.

So no unfair trick but they are only technical problems or bad luck!

And if you don't believe what I say I don't care because my conscience is quiet.

1 hour ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

No guts - no glory!

I agree with you but it is not my case!

And before making judgments, listen to both sides and not just one!

S! and sorry for my English

Edited by ITAF_Cymao

I checked Cymao's sortie logs, and indeed many disconnects, including many where he seems to have been undamaged and barely taken off. Let's not be too hasty, I've read many users reporting connectivity issues after recent patches.

• Thanks 1

Made zero judgements so far. Just giving thoughts to commander authors. May be take into account player coordinates/damage on disconnection to detect captivity? The more popular the server becomes the more players will exploit such inaccuracies.

• Confused 1

Made zero judgements so far. Just giving thoughts to commander authors. May be take into account player coordinates/damage on disconnection to detect captivity? The more popular the server becomes the more players will exploit such inaccuracies.

The trouble with adding logic to capture players who disconnect on purpose is that it will also punish those who really do have connection issues.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

The trouble with adding logic to capture players who disconnect on purpose is that it will also punish those who really do have connection issues.

You could check to see if they are heavily damaged when they disconnected and count it as a death.   Even if the disco was accidental it would be pretty fair.     You could also check if they are in their chute when they disco.     Actually I have seen pilots that always disconnect as soon as they take any damage at all so perhaps just penalise anyone that disconnects within 1 minute of last taking *any* damage.

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Been flying vs. Cymao a lot of times, i don't think he's a disco guy, his score is made by flying smart and engaging only when having upper hand/advantage!

Since last patch i had disco's too, last time i came on 2 190's 6 o'clock unaware of me and ready to fire when it happened, i've lost will to fly again and exit the game!

Does not matter if someone is a disco guy or not (I don't think Cymao is) but server should handle this. On WoL disco=death afaik.

Finally over.....😩😩😩😩🤪🤪🤪🤪

how much long before changing map ?????

😉

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, klaus64 said:

how much long before changing map ?????

😉

We are redoing the whole system, don't hold your breath :)

Edit: We are currently doing the Stalingrad map implementation (why start small? :P). Looks like there will be about 63239 possible places for ground targets. The system will also be a whole lot more modular, meaning that we can edit and add target groups more easily.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Dugouts are now fixed (after update to 3.012 or server-side adjustments). They don't explode from the first bullet now but fuel tanks are too bulletproof. Tank bases became harder to destroy which is good.

Dugouts are now fixed (after update to 3.012 or server-side adjustments). They don't explode from the first bullet now but fuel tanks are too bulletproof. Tank bases became harder to destroy which is good.

Oh nice.

Need to test if buildings still be destroyed by 20 mm cannon fire.

6 часов назад, TUS_Samuel сказал:

Dugouts are now fixed

4 часа назад, LLv34_Temuri сказал:

Oh nice.

It's not clear. Is it consequences of update #3.012 or initiative of server owners? :)

12 minutes ago, TUS_KOPTuK said:

It's not clear. Is it consequences of update #3.012 or initiative of server owners? :)

We haven't changed any durability values, so it's the latest update.

Posted (edited)

OK, thank you for answer. Will wait next update, wich will decrease their level again :rofl:

By the way. (sorry, may be you've already answered) Will we have a chanse to see more flaks (AAA) around the targets like factory? I mean it would change this type of targets for level or dive bombers only. 

Edited by TUS_KOPTuK

3 minutes ago, TUS_KOPTuK said:

By the way. (sorry, may be you've already answered) Will we have a chanse to see more flaks (AAA) around the targets like factory? I mean it would change this type of targets for level or dive bombers only. 

Not in plans for the current implementation.

7 hours ago, ITAF_Cymao said:

Guys check these 2 logs

I chose Ju88 german paras but I didnt take off, close mission and start new mission with BF110 and I killed myself in the previous mission that I had aborted

http://ts3.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/sortie/log/259267/?tour=26

http://ts3.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/sortie/log/259268/?tour=26

Probably a bug in game logs or stats system.

Temuri, check western storage in Anastasievskaya, please. It is duplicate.

Temuri, check western storage in Anastasievskaya, please. It is duplicate.

Fixed. Thanks for the report.

Congratulations to the Allied side for winning Q1 / 2019 tour 5-1!

A new tour was started.

• Upvote 1