=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

I am now for a time for less than 15 sec for completing a mission.
The reason is that I set my 262 on fire today and it exploded. That happened when the engines were started, I couldn't spawn out in time.
Furthermore, this would also prevent the shooting at the parachute and the vulsching of aircraft that had landed in an emergency.
Here is the mission:

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=12516&name=JG4_Widukind

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another problem was that yesterday we(around 10 Pilots) completely destroy a defense (Icon was deletet AS City) and another badly damaged, but they were back in the next round with moderate damage.
Kathon, could you check that out, please?
Here is the mission for the Miss. Number

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=11698&name=JG4_Widukind

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, JG4_Widukind said:

The reason is that I set my 262 on fire today and it exploded.

That might be a valid reason for wanting to get rid of the 15sec rule, I am not sure it is a good one, though. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, JG4_Widukind said:

I am now for a time for less than 15 sec for completing a mission.
The reason is that I set my 262 on fire today and it exploded. That happened when the engines were started, I couldn't spawn out in time.
Furthermore, this would also prevent the shooting at the parachute and the vulsching of aircraft that had landed in an emergency.
Here is the mission:

1943202745_toppestkek.jpg.80c91600ac72b02826c43e41eb861eb7.jpg

38 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

1943202745_toppestkek.jpg.80c91600ac72b02826c43e41eb861eb7.jpg

Everyone's gangsta until their fancy jet is on fire.

Posted (edited)

I would like to propose to increase the time for entering the briefing after the completion of the mission to 20 seconds or more

Edited by =2ndSS=Lawyer1
  • Upvote 3

May be admins should check how alt+f4 affects to the webstat and gamelogs. It seems that pilot can avoid the death if he was damaged and could't bailed out. 

Posted (edited)
1 час назад, SV7_Felix_Iron сказал:

May be admins should check how alt+f4 affects to the webstat and gamelogs. It seems that pilot can avoid the death if he was damaged and could't bailed out. 

Alt+F4 = Pilot exit in logstat and Disconnect count +1 in web-profile in stat of pilot.

1131617437_.png.fb65543217746fe30a8a69e1f1956fe6.png

After death, I saw from the side my plane falling down, and then it disappeared, not flying to the ground. Then I pressed Escape, Complete the mission

May be bug?

Edited by =19GvFAB=Vlad-Executor

On 8/10/2020 at 6:17 PM, =LG=Kathon said:

Sure there is. How would you like to adjust it?

QTY (quantity) - it is current number of available aircraft for the pilot. 

MAX (maximum) - QTY can't be greater than MAX.

it's working now

image.png.19813032a40eddd82b83cdb424d2bfc1.png

Yes, why would you not always fly the 262 if you have earned it regardless of online numbers?  If you want to fly a jet then fly German for the next Western TAW...simple as that as the Allies didn't have one in regular production until after the war.  TAW is semi-historical and that's one reason why it is fun.

2 minutes ago, SCG_Limbo said:

Yes, why would you not always fly the 262 if you have earned it regardless of online numbers?  If you want to fly a jet then fly German for the next Western TAW...simple as that as the Allies didn't have one in regular production until after the war.  TAW is semi-historical and that's one reason why it is fun.

talking about the name call and .i. which means flipping off

s it allowed here

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Nazgul* said:

talking about the name call and .i. which means flipping off

s it allowed here

@Nazgul*Dude! I know for sure you are not here trying to report someone about name calling are you? :rofl:

Edited by JG7_X-Man
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, JG7_X-Man said:

@Nazgul*Dude! I know for sure you are not here trying to report someone about name calling are you? :rofl:

Yes. Please admin @=LG=Kathon The following individuals broke the rule.

9 minutes ago, Nazgul* said:

Yes. Please admin @=LG=Kathon The following individuals broke the rule.

@=LG=Kathon can you please ask @Nazgul* to share his chat log of him calling people names during the Rheinland_North #131 mission. He was also breaking the rules so ban him too! :banned:

1 hour ago, JG7_X-Man said:

@=LG=Kathon can you please ask @Nazgul* to share his chat log of him calling people names during the Rheinland_North #131 mission. He was also breaking the rules so ban him too! :banned:

when? Did not call anyone names. No lie

7 hours ago, SCG_Limbo said:

There were plenty of planes which weren't historically in production. 110s a20bs.

But they've put them in for gameplay reasons.

I had a quick go on 'hunt the jet' last western TAW an although I'm sure it was massively fun for some, I think overall for gameplay reasons you're kidding yourself if you widespread jet availability is the way to go in MP

* There was plane that was in regular production that was an allied jet too, although not in the numbers the 262 was produced in.

• Like 1

I did not see Limbo argue for "widespread jet availability".

You have to haul quite a few potatoes in your Ju52 to be allowed to fly one.
As of now: Of 655 registered axis players, 17 have the rank to fly the 262.

6 actually did.

This number could have been reduced to zero by suffocating blue resistance a bit earlier in the first map.

• Like 2

Hey Devs,

I had a squad mate get a 19 hour time penalty tonight. What would cause this to happen? To my knowledge he has done nothing wrong.

Thanks!

21 minutes ago, AirWolves=CutCut said:

Hey Devs,

I had a squad mate get a 19 hour time penalty tonight. What would cause this to happen? To my knowledge he has done nothing wrong.

Thanks!

http://taw-server.de/pilot.php?name=AirWolves=Maximus69

This case?

Three times death during one map. Read here 

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/21029-tactical-air-war/page/352/?tab=comments#comment-801160

Posted (edited)

Hey, one small thing: bridges could maybe count for more than 1 ground kill, they are maybe the most difficult target and take considerable effort to take down.

Also, are moving targets (convoys, trains) out of the question? Even some that have a regular pattern, like a train from depot to AF or something.

Oh, and are "warehouses" a thing? If not they would make a nice additional target, could be hidden like convoys. Recon is fun :cool:

Loving this TAW after the initial difficulties, thanks to all who make it possible :)

Edited by NoBigDreams
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, =L/R=Rafcio said:

Yep that's the case. A couple questions and a suggestion as a follow up...

After the 20 hour ban what will the lives counter be reset to? Does it reset to 3?
And to clarify the lives mechanic works as follows... You start with 3 lives and lose 1 life if you are killed or captured. You can regain 0.2 lives per mission that results in a +1CM. And if your lives go below 0 you get a ban for 20 hours. Am I correct on this??

Now the suggestion...
Please put this game mechanic in the manual on the TAW site. Although I understand the reasoning for it, and actually like the rule, it is pretty drastic and extremely frustrating  for a new player  who all of a sudden gets a ban for 20 hours with no idea why. Yes it is in the linked change logs, but I feel this is a drastic enough rule that it needs to not be buried in a change log. I would also suggest putting in the manual the over limit rules so that those are better understood by new players and new squads.

I am making these suggestions because as a new squad involved in TAW it has at times bean a hugely frustrating experience. And some of those frustrations could be alleviated with a better understanding of a few of the game mechanics.  For us the frustration started with each time we tried to fly together we couldn't get everyone in due to over limits because of number advantages. I finally got that explained to my squad and now I have squadmate with a 20 hour ban and he had no idea why. In short it is becoming more and more difficult for me to convince them to keep flying TAW when it continues to be a frustrating experience for them. And just to clarify, I did instruct my squad to go to the TAW site and read the rules prior to registering. At the least if these two game mechanics (Over limits and lives) were better explained in the manual it could avoid some of the frustration. A pilot would then know what to expect and could adjust his/her flying accordingly. 

Lastly, thank you for putting this server together, please take my comments here as constructive criticism and nothing more. I can't imagine how much work it takes to put this together and manage it and it is very much appreciated. My intent in bringing these issues up is only to increase the number of those flying in TAW by decreasing some of the frustration points that we have found as a new squad.

Thanks again! 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, AirWolves=CutCut said:

Lastly, thank you for putting this server together, please take my comments here as constructive criticism and nothing more. I can't imagine how much work it takes to put this together and manage it and it is very much appreciated. My intent in bringing these issues up is only to increase the number of those flying in TAW by decreasing some of the frustration points that we have found as a new squad.

Unfortunately, and this is not only my opinion, the manual for this server should be updated. It remains to read all the changes contained in the fifth point of the manual. Please don't be discouraged. The more you play, the better you will understand the TAW mechanics. Believe me, it's worth it, because this server is the most fun to play. It's hard, but it's the best.

I get it amigo, it's in the change log. I just think something that drastic needs to be in the manual itself. It's hard enough to get people to read the manual, they are just not going to read through all the change logs as well. And honestly if it wasn't for the fact that I keep pushing my squad to fly in TAW I can guarantee you you they would have given up by now due to the frustration. 

I still appreciate what you are doing, keep up the good work!!

34 minutes ago, AirWolves=CutCut said:

Yep that's the case. A couple questions and a suggestion as a follow up...

After the 20 hour ban what will the lives counter be reset to? Does it reset to 3?
And to clarify the lives mechanic works as follows... You start with 3 lives and lose 1 life if you are killed or captured. You can regain 0.2 lives per mission that results in a +1CM. And if your lives go below 0 you get a ban for 20 hours. Am I correct on this??

Now the suggestion...
Please put this game mechanic in the manual on the TAW site. Although I understand the reasoning for it, and actually like the rule, it is pretty drastic and extremely frustrating  for a new player  who all of a sudden gets a ban for 20 hours with no idea why. Yes it is in the linked change logs, but I feel this is a drastic enough rule that it needs to not be buried in a change log. I would also suggest putting in the manual the over limit rules so that those are better understood by new players and new squads.

I am making these suggestions because as a new squad involved in TAW it has at times bean a hugely frustrating experience. And some of those frustrations could be alleviated with a better understanding of a few of the game mechanics.  For us the frustration started with each time we tried to fly together we couldn't get everyone in due to over limits because of number advantages. I finally got that explained to my squad and now I have squadmate with a 20 hour ban and he had no idea why. In short it is becoming more and more difficult for me to convince them to keep flying TAW when it continues to be a frustrating experience for them. And just to clarify, I did instruct my squad to go to the TAW site and read the rules prior to registering. At the least if these two game mechanics (Over limits and lives) were better explained in the manual it could avoid some of the frustration. A pilot would then know what to expect and could adjust his/her flying accordingly. 

Thanks again! 

2 minutes ago, AirWolves=CutCut said:

I get it amigo, it's in the change log. I just think something that drastic needs to be in the manual itself. It's hard enough to get people to read the manual, they are just not going to read through all the change logs as well. And honestly if it wasn't for the fact that I keep pushing my squad to fly in TAW I can guarantee you you they would have given up by now due to the frustration. 

I still appreciate what you are doing, keep up the good work!!

The "3 life" rule looks simple but is really not.

-you can earn back fractional lives with CMs, (this is very recent)
-If you are playing on the outnumbered side, you lose a fraction of a life when you die, proportional to the level of side imbalance, so if you are flying at 5 to 1 odds you can die five or six times potentially and keep flying.
-if you have 0 lives remaining, but your side is outnumbered, you can still join, but ONLY after the map has been running for 10 minutes.

Hopefully when the new manual comes out this will be much clearer, right now pilot lives are not mentioned in the manual at all and can only be found in the changelogs.

On 8/13/2020 at 7:00 PM, Nazgul* said:

dXRxC7.png

dXRnQS.png

I'm more curious as to how he still has help text, i thought the technochat and text were disabled?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

can still activate if use alttab glitch and mesage keep repeating

Edited by Nazgul*

53 minutes ago, JG4_Goddee said:

No CM why ? Flighttime 17 min. but enemycontact (AA)

Contact yes

Kills no

Maybe that is the reason...

Deci

Would be fun to have ships one Western Front.

• Upvote 2

@=LG=Kathon  It appears that no one can connect to the server.  There were a handful of folks on at the end of mission 154, but since it rolled to 155 I've been unable to reconnect and there are zero people logged in.

While I'm here, a quick suggestion...

I'm almost certain that the idea of allowing transports while on a 20 hour ban for running out of lives has been floated before, but I'd like to bring it up again.  I think it makes even more sense now that pilots have the ability to gain lives back through combat missions.  Since one could theoretically run unlimited transports to keep their lives counter high while also dying repeatedly, why not let folks who have run out of lives get back in the fight by running transports until their lives counter is above zero?

Thanks for all the work you guys do on the server!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

It takes special kind of effort to get your life counter below zero... i know, ive been trying hard :crazy:

Edited by Cpt_Siddy

26 minutes ago, BigGinger said:

@=LG=Kathon  It appears that no one can connect to the server.  There were a handful of folks on at the end of mission 154, but since it rolled to 155 I've been unable to reconnect and there are zero people logged in.

While I'm here, a quick suggestion...

I'm almost certain that the idea of allowing transports while on a 20 hour ban for running out of lives has been floated before, but I'd like to bring it up again.  I think it makes even more sense now that pilots have the ability to gain lives back through combat missions.  Since one could theoretically run unlimited transports to keep their lives counter high while also dying repeatedly, why not let folks who have run out of lives get back in the fight by running transports until their lives counter is above zero?

Thanks for all the work you guys do on the server!

It's working now, thanks

Where are all the red pilots? Why are numbers so low, even on weekends?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, mincer said:

Where are all the red pilots? Why are numbers so low, even on weekends?

A lot of the red pilots here like Soviet planes. The ones who like western allied planes might prefer the way Combat Box is set up.