=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

4 hours ago, E69_Soec said:

With all my respects to you and halcones rojos, you should play blue from time to time. Play blue next taw, I'll do as red, you'll see things differently. I'm talking about balance in general.

We are the RED falcons. We're not the "sometimes red, sometimes blue" falcons. I understand your suggestion and it's something it won't change; in public competitions we always fly red. This does not mean that we do not fly german aircraft, we have some captured aircraft for test purposes and some NBQ suits for that occasions. Don't get me wrong, we know our enemies but we've been flying red 18 years and we'll stick to red another 18 years or more if possible.

If I were admin, I'd ignore complaints from one-sided squads/pilots...

IMHO, you'd be a bad admin if you only attend complaints from one side, but ignoring someones point of view because he/she only flies one side is a completely different thing... Flying a single side does not imply bias and flying both sides does not imply neutrality, I think some of your squadmates can relate to that. 

I play red, I'm fucked, I play blue, I'm fucked (last taw was an epic defeat) xD

That doesn't mean that one side has more advantadges than another, it means... .... ... that TAW environment is hard AF.😆

I hope that after the release of C47, it can be included for paratrooping in red side as if it was a Li2

Paraphrasing some blue pilots when airfield capturing was done via bombers in the very first editions of the TAW: "b-b-but the soviet plane is much faster than the blue one!" and so airfield capturing was deleted until the Ju-52 came out, but it will be nice to have the option as C47/Li-2.

Saludos

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

In one hand I really wanna fly the next TAW, on the other, a new TAW campaign means more forum characters complaining about everything that does not go their way...     Difficult choice.

Edited by SCG_Faerber
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

When the C47 is introduced (initially as AI), it would be interesting if we had a small constant stream of Ju52/C47 (AI) supplying the front AFs from an air start in the back. They would help supply the airfields and create targets for us to attack and defend.

Edited by SCG_Vieira
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SCG_Vieira said:

When the C47 is introduced (initially as AI), it would be interesting if we had a small constant stream of Ju51/C47 (AI) supplying the front AFs from an air start in the back. They would help supply the airfields and create targets for us to attack and defend.

Is the C47 going to be introduced as a flyable at a later date? I´ve only heard it being AI

9 minutes ago, SCG_Vieira said:

When the C47 is introduced (initially as AI), it would be interesting if we had a small constant stream of Ju51/C47 (AI) supplying the front AFs from an air start in the back. They would help supply the airfields and create targets for us to attack and defend.

You probably thought about Ju 52, not 51🧐

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, ACG_Vietkong said:

Is the C47 going to be introduced as a flyable at a later date? I´ve only heard it being AI

For now yes, I hope in the future it will be flyable. It's because for now it will still be AI only that I was thinking how it could be used to enrich TAW. For now, the fact that the Axis had Ju52 but the Allies had nothing similar limited the variety and importance that could be given to transport missions. AI paradrops, supplies or VIP transports could be interesting missions, if they can be implemented without a crazy effort.

• Upvote 1

I like running JU52 supply missions even if it is only 18-21 points a mission for a 25 minute flight.  I would even do it for the Allies if the C47 were introduced as a player controlled airframe.

30 minutes ago, ACG_HardeKoning said:

Yeah it would be neat if the campaign didn't start until the hurricane is released

I would put it differently. I hope the Hurricane is around when the Campaign starts, but please don't delay the campaign for that or any other reason :)

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, SCG_Vieira said:

I would put it differently. I hope the Hurricane is around when the Campaign starts, but please don't delay the campaign for that or any other reason :)

It would be such a shame if the first 2/3 maps are already over before the Hurricane is released. Since the hurricane will only really be a ''competitive'' plane real early on.

You won't feel the pain on the blue side Vieira! 

Edited by ACG_HardeKoning

50 minutes ago, ACG_HardeKoning said:

It would be such a shame if the first 2/3 maps are already over before the Hurricane is released. Since the hurricane will only really be a ''competitive'' plane real early on.

Hurricane in the early maps might get me to fly TAW again, it would be a shame to miss the era when it was viable as a fighter. But it is not supposed to be ready until October, and we are likely to see a patch before the end of September...so it is entirely possible that the Hurricane will not be available to fly until mid or late October, which is a long way off. 

2 hours ago, DeepFried-IL2 said:

Oh so there won't be any east front campaings anymore? The late war is fun but I don't like waiting months and months for 2 maps to be over in 3weeks...

I’m pretty sure they will keep alternating east-west. The Hurricane flew in the east for the Soviets. It actually also flew against the Soviets in the Finnish airforce, but I think that was an older version of the Hurricane than the one we will get

The Finnish Air Force bought 10-11 Hurricane Mk.I from Britain, and also acquired and flew one ex-Russian Mk.II. The number operating dwindled away for lack of spare parts, and they were replaced by larger numbers of F2A Buffaloes.

On 9/16/2020 at 5:51 PM, ACG_HardeKoning said:

Yeah, most likely we will play blue this next E-TAW. It is just that all these weeks practicing in other servers until TAW starts drain me. I want the real thing!