=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

48 minutes ago, JG7_X-Man said:

Thank you for accepting my apology sir!

PLEDGE:

FOR EVERY "THANKS" THIS POST GETS, I WILL DONATE 1 EURO ON BEHALF OF LLV24 and JG7 to TAW

S!

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, JG7_X-Man said:

PLEDGE:

FOR EVERY "THANKS" THIS POST GETS, I WILL DONATE 1 EURO ON BEHALF OF LLV24 and JG7 to TAW

That‚Äės how you get a good reputation¬†ūüėĀ

Just joking great idea, I give you a Thanks

• Upvote 1

On 1/18/2020 at 11:55 AM, JuliMonkey said:

That‚Äės how you get a good reputation¬†ūüėĀ

Just joking great idea, I give you a Thanks

Just wanna make it right. I insulted some swell guys - I saw the error in my ways, trying to make amend.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

You have my thanks

X-man, red for next edition mate?

Edited by 666GIAP_Tumu
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 666GIAP_Tumu said:

Time to set up thermometer in hell, just in case....

• Haha 3

Hi ppl. Phalanx Squadron has been switching sides every TAW, and last campaign we really enjoyed fighting for the red side. So next TAW we will fly blue. Hope to see you soon in the skies.

fXGTPdx.jpg

And X-Man, thanks for your support.

Cheers!

• Upvote 3

I prepared some interesting statistics based on last TAW.

If will you enjoyed that will be a regular overall after each campaign.

Infographic_TAW_XX.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 16
  • Upvote 2

On 1/20/2020 at 5:27 AM, 666GIAP_Tumu said:

You have my thanks

Umm - I'll give you guys something to shoot at :salute:

I promise I will not blame the developers for my deaths that are  sure to come :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, JG7_X-Man said:

Umm - I'll give you guys something to shoot at :salute:

I promise I will not blame the developers for my deaths that are  sure to come :rolleyes:

I will also stay on the blue side i just am too much of a german plane fanboy¬†ūüėĀ

• Upvote 2

Hi!

I have some question about this online theatre:

- Some external app (eg. as hyperlobby for IL21946) are requested? Or can I join the server via the MP in-game function?

- How goes for VR-user? The spotting without marking is very difficult, so are the unit tags allow?
Thanks!

8 hours ago, I./SG1.Luvisi said:

Hi!

I have some question about this online theatre:

- Some external app (eg. as hyperlobby for IL21946) are requested? Or can I join the server via the MP in-game function?

- How goes for VR-user? The spotting without marking is very difficult, so are the unit tags allow?
Thanks!

- during every campaign you have to register account on http://taw.stg2.de/ and choose side, then you can join server by choosing it from the list in game

- there is no unit tags and no GPS marker on the map.

- for the rest you have to read manual http://taw.stg2.de/manual.php

Edited by =L/R=todeskvlt
  • Thanks 1

On 1/18/2020 at 4:06 PM, JG7_X-Man said:

PLEDGE:

Time: From the day of this post until the next TAW starts.

Re posting to make sure You will get as many thanks as possible¬†ūüėāūüėāūüėāūüĎĻūüĎĻūüĎĻ

perhaps Kathon should consider postponing next campaign for a couple of weeks....ūüė®ūü§£

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Any chance of Bodenplatte coming to TAW this coming campaign?

Also any date we should expect TAW to return? Wanna make sure I'm free hahaha, last one was my first and I loved it

• Upvote 2

Dear friends, pilots, members of the TAW community.

As you know the XX season is over. This is a sybolic number, twenty campaigns have passed in three and a half years. Thank you for trusting us. It is really amazing and very obliging for us. This is also evidenced by the fact that I will tell you now.
In connection with the end of the 20th edition of Tactical Air War, a group of people came to us and decided to support us in a wonderful way.

I want to thank them very much here.

This group, which prefers to remain anonymous, decided to fund prizes for pilots who found themselves in the TOP 5 and did not die even once in this campaign. I am talking about the winners of the Enkas Cup. There was no winner of the Kuznechik Statuette on the Russian side this time.

We came to an agreement together and thanks to them, three pilots, and they are:

- =TY= anaconda * Tore * 15Span * 1pa1 *
- SCG_Fenris_Wolf
- =TY= anaconda-samkis-WT

they received real medals in the form of Knight's Crosses and 20 Euro for their achievement. The amount of 20 Euro was considered a voucher for collector plane.

And now a few sentences about the pilots themselves.

=TY= pilots

"..are commanders of =TY= professional war thunder team winners of 4x4 gladiators, have joined Il-2 in 2019 and hope to bring their entire team in the next Taw events of Il-2. In their squad the companionship is the first thing. The squad was created in 2017. "

SCG_Fenris_Wolf

"Fenris Wolf is a young engineer, husband and father from Northern Germany. He got into IL-2 Great Battles Series in 2017 when it introduced VR. He had not played simulators before, but had enjoyed flying gliders IRL. He is a Squadleader in Simulated Combat Group, which he joined in 2017 for their focus on historical accuracy, flight and combat patterns, and the great team spirit. He wants to thank his squadmates in SCG for always keeping his six clear, he states he could not have made it without the great people surrounding him. "

Our donors have offered further cooperation and we will talk about further prizes in the future seasons of Tactical Air War.

On behalf of campaign administrators, prize winners and all pilots of our TAW community, I would like to thank very much for this selfless initiative. We are glad that you found our server unique and decided to support us in this way. This means a lot to us and motivates us to work even more.
I think that from that moment, thanks to you, the preservation of virtual life during the campaign will reach an even higher level, and that was what we, among other things, wanted from the very beginning.

Once again, thank you and we send greetings to all donors and all pilots of our virtual sky!

Medals can be viewed here:

84732651_2589160128061959_16134592298703

83620703_2589159991395306_59597752521908

84399696_2589160071395298_72270940826050

83445763_2589160164728622_30349899133144

Edited by =LG=Piciu
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 9

It depends of our anonymous donators, but for now we only talked about rewarding the last TAW of the year. 

• Thanks 1

Very nice congratulations  !

-=TY= anaconda * Tore * 15Span * 1pa1 *
- SCG_Fenris_Wolf
- =TY= anaconda-samkis-WT

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nice intentions, but I feel the possibility of real prizes might encourage cheating, bad feelings, and choosing to fly on the side where you are more likely to finish in the top 5 and less likely to die.

As far as the prizes themselves, the plane vouchers are appropriately on-topic, but those medals? They manage to be corny while at the same time being just one little symbol away from being skeevy as hell.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

TY members do not usually write in this forum, we just want to thank all the players, donors and administrators for the great work done, also to congratulate SCG_Fenris_Wolf, my most eternal thanks and my sincere gratitude to all attentively and respectfully yours = TY =  anaconda_tiesa y = TY = samkis

• Like 6

Congratulations to you too Tore and Samkis,¬†I think the medals are perfect for this historical simulator, it looks even better in movement!¬†ūüėĀ

Spoiler

@WokeUpDead

Spoiler

I small print¬†for @WokeUpDead¬†only, because of your negative¬†comment: Before you start any identity stuff¬†because of the medals,¬†let me shoot ahead.¬†I'm¬†quarter Jewish¬†and half descendant¬†from¬†the most nazi black uniform Nazis you can imagine who even held¬†political power. My child is half Russian, my wife a real Muscovite. So I retain the freedom to judge by myself, and I think it fits the theme of history perfectly. We are way past this identity crap which divided the world and enjoy a good historical simulation, and we do the same in our clan "Simulated Combat Group", in which we role-play¬†actual pilots as well, with progress, ranks, and (virtual) medals. We enjoy it greatly.¬†The Iron Cross is still the symbol of the Army I was conscripted to. Even my wife's brother, an Officer in the Russian forces, thinks it's cool.¬†If you have a problem with¬†memorabilia, or historical immersion, you may¬†want to look somewhere else.¬†Or be open and free of such issues, and enjoy a like-minded community with shared interests.¬†ūüėȬ†

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Congratulations to you too Tore and Samkis,¬†I think the medals are perfect for this historical simulator, it looks even better in movement!¬†ūüėĀ

Reveal hidden contents

@WokeUpDead

Hide contents

I small print¬†for @WokeUpDead¬†only, because of your negative¬†comment: Before you start any identity stuff¬†because of the medals,¬†let me shoot ahead.¬†I'm¬†quarter Jewish¬†and half descendant¬†from¬†the most nazi black uniform Nazis you can imagine who even held¬†political power. My child is half Russian, my wife a real Muscovite. So I retain the freedom to judge by myself, and I think it fits the theme of history perfectly. We are way past this identity crap which divided the world and enjoy a good historical simulation, and we do the same in our clan "Simulated Combat Group", in which we role-play¬†actual pilots as well, with progress, ranks, and (virtual) medals. We enjoy it greatly.¬†The Iron Cross is still the symbol of the Army I was conscripted to. Even my wife's brother, an Officer in the Russian forces, thinks it's cool.¬†If you have a problem with¬†memorabilia, or historical immersion, you may¬†want to look somewhere else.¬†Or be open and free of such issues, and enjoy a like-minded community with shared interests.¬†ūüėȬ†

You can role play anything you want: German officers with their medals, good ole’ southern boys with their rebel flags, Japanese imperials with their swords - it’s all good: you may stay!

But if you post publicly about role playing those groups and fetishizing their trinkets then you’ll get these types of comments from at least one person.

Edited by WokeUpDead
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

I really dont get why those trophies aren't just neutral medals or something.

There are plenty of normal medals around, pretty sure you can engrave them too with a Yak and a 109, and TAW on it. I really dont get why we need censored real war medal replicas.

Edited by DerSheriff
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 2

I don't think this is a good idea, the whole real war medals is kinda... well

Edited by LF_Gallahad
  • Like 3

Receiving an accurate replica of a historical medal, something that people earned through immense physical and mental stress, by playing a video game, makes me feel a bit uncomfortable to be honest.

Why not design an original medal?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

Why not design an original medal?

Chocolate coins please!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Diggun said:

Chocolate coins please!

In my book they are more valuable than any medal

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

[edited]
I am all for some sort of award for those that do well but this is horrible.

But first of all, medals for a video game is just wrong. And then to create censored historical medals is the worst thing anyone could have come up with.

Literally anything else is better than this.

Oh, you even put a monetary bonus on top of it ūü§¶‚Äć‚ôāÔłŹ

Just send some cookies instead!

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
Language
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

hahhaahh

im no a experten awards... this is the medal created for great stuka pilot , famous Herman Rudell?

nice to see pilots who dont kill nothing ond ground. and who practically dont contribute nothing  to final results....received this kind of recognition. But i imagine this is the tradition , promote Hartmans acttitudes .

Anyway is a nice present , no doubt. congrats to pilots who win it.

• Upvote 2

I would like receive a bonus for Crazy Horse in Paris please...

2 hours ago, DerSheriff said:

There are plenty of normal medals around, pretty sure you can engrave them too with a Yak and a 109, and TAW on it

This is an idea...

Jn6C9erRj7MjoEc2k5NELS4z3bgGfK.jpg

Another easy, fast and cheap way to create a proper award (I created severals for ITAF pilots who gained results in our group)is:

Create for example a little cartoon Me 109 rudder and put it in a frame over green canvas base.

The way is to download an imagine from web of a good me 109 rudder.

Size it with a dimension of 10-20 cm.

Attach it with glue over a cartoon base of the same size  and all is done.

Place it in a frame with green canvas...

The result is very good  and the expenses are around 5-7  dollars

Edited by ITAF_Rani

Everyone, calm down!

Since when has introducing money into a leisure activity ever ruined anything?

Seriously, I think I'm not alone when I say the awarding of real world medals and cash prizes is probably not going to have a good effect on the 'vibe' of TAW or the chivalry/sportsmanship of the types of players this will attract. I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by StG77_Darbzy
  • Upvote 5

Yeah, first I didn`t care if there is medals or not, and didn`t care what kind of medals. But now if I would decide, I would probably drop the prizes and stuff. Virtual decorations are enough.

59 minutes ago, StG77_Darbzy said:

Everyone, calm down!

Since when has introducing money into a leisure activity ever ruined anything?

Seriously, I think I'm not alone when I say the awarding of real world medals and cash prizes is probably not going to have a good effect on the 'vibe' of TAW or the chivalry/sportsmanship of the types of players this will attract. I hope I'm wrong.

Personally, I’m fine with monetary rewards. But awarding the playing of a video game with accurate replicas of medals that people earned by going through hell is questionable. And I get the feeling that actual veterans wouldn’t be very impressed.

If medals are going to be a thing, then I think it would be better to make original designs.