Jump to content
=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Recommended Posts

Can we rework the blue depot on the kuban map? 

 

You can guard both depots at the same time and intercept bombers from a single point with this new visibility system. Something to think about

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

Sorry, can't do that. I'm training to be a good VVS pilot, whining on TAW forum seems to be mandatory. 

You will never become a VVS pilot, because whining on the forum is the only thing you could learn))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LG is switching sides every campaign and we dont know when the werehouses spawn. On addition we almost always are loosing side so please stop those accusations. As i wrote IT spawn  something every 20 missions rotations plus minus few sometimes both sides on one mission sometimes one after another. Werehouses are visible on map with same icon as depots. On Kuban instead od werehouses we have ship convoys.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

You will never become a VVS pilot, because whining on the forum is the only thing you could learn))

On the contrary, whining is the hardest part for me. I'm really struggling with it but I won't give up yet. I have good teachers here 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, =LG=Coldman said:

LG is switching sides every campaign and we dont know when the werehouses spawn. On addition we almost always are loosing side so please stop those accusations. As i wrote IT spawn  something every 20 missions rotations plus minus few sometimes both sides on one mission sometimes one after another. Werehouses are visible on map with same icon as depots. On Kuban instead od werehouses we have ship convoys.

=LG=Coldman,  thank you for the explanation.

 

Edited by Osprey06

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

On the contrary, whining is the hardest part for me. I'm really struggling with it but I won't give up yet. I have good teachers here 😉

You're good at whining, unlike anything else.

You will definitely never learn how to defeat opponents who are stronger than you. So keep whining, do what you're good at 😁

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

Can we rework the blue depot on the kuban map? 

 

You can guard both depots at the same time and intercept bombers from a single point with this new visibility system. Something to think about

 

It has always been like this, and both Kuban maps are historically a walk in the park for LW. We almost never won it except one or two ocations.

 

This is a fact, so we complaint...but be ready boys for the whiner Zami who is always sniffing whining rushing desperate once again to whine and about it 😁

 

Kathon not the default depots placement, some of us mentioned the warehouses that spawn every X missions; it’s funny that while LW warehouse are placed almost out of the map on map #7,  VVS are near the front line as shown on the images above.

 

If you guys want to keep VVS interest in TAW you need to apply some changes (proposed several pages back) mostly about how to limit stacking even better and planeset too. Many are tired to be sparrings for the blue side enjoyment, a LW that wasn’t able to win a single TAW for ages prior to mid 2018 where admins gave them a huge ammount of advantages (even recognized here on forums by Kathon) to keep their interest cause we know, under balanced numbers and wining conditions, they have a very difficult time here. But hey, wasn’t  this about teamwork and skill? Equal numbers and planesets will show it like during 2017 editions, right now it’s all about who stacks and takes advantage of little opposition.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paratroopers, submarines, erroneous location of warehouses in the middle of the map, Christmas break (no new year break), located near the blue rear airfields in the Kuban is what should help the blue at least as something to resist. You need to understand this, because the blue ones have the worst planes and the blue players are always few on the server.

 

PS: Zami, calm down, don't start whining.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think we made our point, here and with suggestions over the last pages...and Kathon it’s always willing to listen, it’s good time to stop. I rest my case here.

 

Unless any troll wants to join, and im also ready to start the war of trolls, i found out this edition i can be good at it too! 😎

 

...

Edited by 666GIAP_Chimango
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

You're good at whining, unlike anything else.

You will definitely never learn how to defeat opponents who are stronger than you. So keep whining, do what you're good at 😁

You're rage makes me this even funnier 😂. Seems like I hit the nerve, this is hilarious

 

Okay boys, I have to work now and I can't laugh all the time. See you!

 😂

Edited by LLv24_Zami

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

Okay boys, I have to work now and I can't laugh all the time. See you!

 😂

Be sure to keep whining, we'll wait 😁

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Osprey06 said:

This is my 2nd TAW campaign....So, right now LW has 8 tanks remaining. I predict that the "magic" warehouse will arrive soon and bring more tanks to LW than VVS receives allowing them a miraculous comeback.  Seems to me, if the developers are flying for LW, then they will know WHEN and WHERE this "magic" warehouse will arrive.  Is there a new icon on the map that marks the warehouses so both sides can see?  If not, then they know when they will spawn go kill ours and defend theirs on that particular mission.  The fact that they are down to 1 depot and we've held most of the map for a good portion of this round is now functionally irrelevant? 

There is only one position for each side where warehouse can be generated and in that mission there is a icon on the web site and on the map in the game. 

 

1 hour ago, 666GIAP_Tumu said:

Its soon for congrats to blue side for Win this current TAW edition?

 

:)

 

i can wait mates.

 

It's 3:2 and everything is possible. This campaign is quite balance in therms of won maps 3:2 and two maps in a draw. 

 

1 hour ago, -=RedS=-Str1ke said:

On a Draw ended map № 7...Why?

Out of tanks on both sides.

 

55 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

Can we rework the blue depot on the kuban map? 

 

You can guard both depots at the same time and intercept bombers from a single point with this new visibility system. Something to think about

Sure, that would be great. This specific territory isn't easy to work with. 

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 минут назад, =LG=Kathon сказал:

Out of tanks on both sides.

Ah, sorry, i think only 1 side...My bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I duplicate the question on this forum. How did a Draw on map 7 happen with the obvious advantage of the Red Side?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 19FAB_Battler said:

I duplicate the question on this forum. How did a Draw on map 7 happen with the obvious advantage of the Red Side?

 

facepalm.jpg.3ff22e9f7d8bafaf6111652bd5ead6cd.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:)

 

I only rememeber one red vicotory on crime map... i think 2 editions ago... not sure. But only remember one time and i doubt we can repeat it.

 

Look at the map... krasnodar is lost

On few missions ventsy will be closed

All red have to move to  rear border map and german forces advance with totally advantaje acroos the map... 

 

On general terms, both sides have oportunity to do same type of missions. And if im not wrong  they have same kind of objectives.  On TAW from beginig , bomb missions have high level of reward on terms of strategy.  I mean, close base and destroy resources, attack depots , etc...   That i want explain is.... red is good destroying tanks . Our best chance is stop enemy tank attacks and maybe end on a draw.... best performance for blues is fighters and bombers.... they can kill more pilots, planes and destroy more objectives..... 

 

Need it be balanced...  maybe.. Have same number of objetives but can carry a double of bombs ... no doubt is allways and advantage..... Practically same time of " risk " exposition by double reward  .... limit load for blues? increase objectives for blues? decrease for reds? ...   

 

My impression is , reds win some editions, especially when some big dedicated groups fly on VVS side , and along the edition we mantain a balanced quorums. Last patches punish hard to red side, Is the conclusion of TAW stats. I no want go to detail reassons.... facts are,  red pilots lost is 133% more than blue ... and i think we continue having more chances for not be caputured....

This is the fact, red pilots are easy to kill,  more than ever ...  TAW design , limit resources of pilots and planes, based on " historical results " im sure if every edition from begining, red lost 133% of pilots and planes.... and all editions ended with blue victory for this reasson... then , based on this results, is easy imagine TAW design  changes, and by default VVS  have advantage of pilots .... not is the case.... because actually situation is caused by last patch deployed when TAW just start. And this is like i say... because one of the main interest of a competitive game is... both sides can win. thats all.

 

Please aprecciate im not complaining nothing about posible tnt ammo, anti-g tech , marginal but vital advantage in g tolerances.... no, no, no. I accept all of this things are totally right. Or if u want i accept , all blue players , simultaniosly with last patch, improve they skills .... OK. Then, now , we have a competition with not too much chances for red side...  in future editions, no interest for the side allways losing

 

I suposse i will continue flying, and maybe is good idea, dont change nothing and wait for  next patch, or simply no change nothing and observate if results are the same, then try some improvement.  Is really not easy.

 

Is like allways a apassionate edition and i enjoy it ... but not think on win too much... i like challenges but i recognice crazy things.

 

Is a long history... many factors...  and historicity isnt one of them.  A simple new patch can change all, and sed to garbage all TAW improvements... is a hard task.

 

 allways a big thanks to all DEV team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, 666GIAP_Tumu said:

:)

 

I only rememeber one red vicotory on crime map... i think 2 editions ago... not sure. But only remember one time and i doubt we can repe

 

Kuban map has very badly placed AF density. AF's get more denser towards blue side and sparse towards red side which makes no sense. This makes for very poor experience for the red team as they have to travel very long distances to support any sort of attacks on the enemy fields. 

Edited by Cpt_Siddy
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, 666GIAP_Tumu said:

:)

 

~Snip~

Reasonable writing Tumu 👍

 

One thing I have to say about the pilot kills what I`ve said before. It`s clear that there are too much pilot kills in this version of the game caused by exploding HE cannon shells. I don`t think anyone disagrees. It`s clearly a bug in my opinion. So, it won`t stay that way for ever and I would not take it as basis for balancing the next TAW.

 

I welcome plane set balancing what has been proposed here, 23mm for Laggs, La-5 with M82F engine and Yak-7b available earlier maps for example.  Those make sense, IIRC Norz made some good suggestions on those. Same goes for maps, but I think TAW admins are trying their best and taking account reasonable suggestions.

 

Hats off to the admins, I`m sure it`s not an easy task to make this work for everyone

 

 

 

16 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

 

Kuban map has very badly placed AF density. AF's get more denser towards blue side and sparse towards red side which makes no sense. This makes for very poor experience for the red team as they have to travel very long distances to support any sort of attacks on the enemy fields. 

Yes, I think this is worth looking for.

Edited by LLv24_Zami
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems to me that 9 and 10 maps of BOP could bring back the red players ' interest in this server.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, 666GIAP_Tumu said:

.. because one of the main interest of a competitive game is... both sides can win. thats all.

 

Flanker, i know my english is terrorific.. but this setence have some sense for you... or for you is a threath and  simply your mind push your " auto defence LW wining system " button?

 

hahahah. Man, please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

It seems to me that 9 and 10 maps of BOP could bring back the red players ' interest in this server.

IMO that would be cool, maybe we`ll see those at some point. Would make a pretty long campaign though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kuban#609
I would like to know why Gelendzhik can’t be attacked when it has been just damaged 85% in previous missions.

This give the chance for Germans of reduce damages to less than 75% and reopen the AF.

I don’t know if I miss something...

Why not provide the possibility of attacking all the AF of the Map, instead of having some of them safe from enemy?

 

Thanks for the Server and the job you do, I enjoy a lot.. 🙂

(but miss the more hard live system we had before)


Pd: Kuban#610 Gelendzhik has reduced his damage to 80%.

Kuban#611 Gelendzhit has reduced his damage to 70% and Germans can takeoff from there now, but we have not being able to bomb that AF to prevent they can use it again...

 

I don’t see much difference between Ajhtyrskaya and Gelendzhik from frontline; and think it will gave more freedom to select the strategy

Edited by E69_Gote
Pd:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The hurricane cannot come too soon.  Will help fill a gap in the VVS lineup and get some more people flying red.

Edited by 7.GShAP/Silas
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, E69_Gote said:

Kuban#609
I would like to know why Gelendzhik can’t be attacked when it has been just damaged 85% in previous missions.

 

In a nutshell and in this case, you have to capture Akhtyrskaya to be able to attack Gelendzhik.

Edited by =L/R=todeskvlt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do you have to capture Akhtyrskaya to attack a map target?  To me if it is a valid target on the map you should be able to attack it. Using your logic when I attacked it the AAA should not of shot me down....if as you say it is not a valid target...guess I am confused....a target that can not be attacked should not be able to shoot you down...sorry does not make any sense to me...You keep saying not a valid target...I ask why?  And please don't say red needs to have a certain city to make it valid.because to me that makes no sense....sorry but that is how I see it.

 

 

Edited by No.322_Cathaoir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, No.322_Cathaoir said:

Why do you have to capture Akhtyrskaya to attack a map target?  To me if it is a valid target on the map you should be able to attack it. Using your logic when I attacked it the AAA should not of shot me down....if as you say it is not a valid target...guess I am confused....a target that can not be attacked should not be able to shoot you down...sorry does not make any sense to me...You keep saying not a valid target...I ask why?  And please don't say red needs to have a certain city to make it valid.because to me that makes no sense....sorry but that is how I see it.

 

 

Only “border” airfields can be attacked and have any destroyed objects count towards the campaign.  The exception is the depots and replenishment warehouses that pop up every 20 missions or so.  These can be attacked regardless of the where the front line is, if they exist.

 

When an airfield has a buffer (e.g. another airfield or town - I.e. with the icon on the map) between it and the front line, it Is protected from damage.  However, the AAA is not removed (for protecting the human pilots taking off/landing I presume).  It has been like this in TAW as long as I can remember.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I don't know what is going on. I constantly get kicked on startup (I don't use planes that I don't have). On top of that I get a random 10min penalty after each kick even though I wasn't even 2min in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well then that is an old rule that is wrong....If it is a target on the map it should be a valid target. So if I read what you are saying coastal targets  are not valid...don't get me wrong I get what your are saying but this rule seems to help only one side on this map...And there should be no buffer for either side...sorry just can not get it...if it is not a valid target it should not be on the map....why should I or any one fly 1:10 to a target on the map that means nothing.

Edited by No.322_Cathaoir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, No.322_Cathaoir said:

Well then that is an old rule that is wrong....If it is a target on the map it should be a valid target. So if I read what you are saying coastal targets  are not valid...don't get me wrong I get what your are saying but this rule seems to help only one side on this map...And there should be no buffer for either side...sorry just can not get it...if it is not a valid target it should not be on the map....why should I or any one fly 1:10 to a target on the map that means nothing.

I think part of the issue is the number of objects added to the map.  Making every active/live airfield damageable means a lot more objects would need to be added to the map, and this could affect MP performance.  I don’t necessarily think it was done to help one side or the other.  I won’t speak for the admins as I’m sure they had a reason for limiting the number of damageable airfields, as I’m surmising.

Edited by AKA_Relent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree but If it is not active/live it should not be on the map as a target...guess that is the point I was trying to make....and thanks for not being an a$$$....sometimes things get taken way out of context on the forums...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Racoon said:

Ok, I don't know what is going on. I constantly get kicked on startup (I don't use planes that I don't have). On top of that I get a random 10min penalty after each kick even though I wasn't even 2min in the game.

Looks like you just posted a short while ago.  Just checking the main TAW page, the blue side is full, and I saw you in the Missions page for the current map as blue.  You were probably kicked due to that (blue side full), as I believe there is a short penalty to prevent you from retrying over and over again.  You’ll just have to wait until you see that your side isn’t full, then try again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was not me....signed up as red....have not flown blue this TAW....Prefer the underdog....😐

Edited by No.322_Cathaoir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, No.322_Cathaoir said:

I agree but If it is not active/live it should not be on the map as a target...guess that is the point I was trying to make....and thanks for not being an a$$$....sometimes things get taken way out of context on the forums...

No worries, not flying TAW as much lately but try to help when I can here :).

 

if you hadn’t noticed already, once in the game and able to see the in-game map, you would see “Attack” next to any icon/target that is damageable from your side.  Same goes for friendly targets, you would see a “Defend” next to the icon.

 

You don’t see this outside the game (since it’s context sensitive based on which side you join), so maybe that’s part of the confusion.

2 minutes ago, No.322_Cathaoir said:

Was not me....signed up as red....have not flown blue this TAW.

Was responding to Racoon :)

Edited by AKA_Relent
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, No.322_Cathaoir said:

I agree but If it is not active/live it should not be on the map as a target...guess that is the point I was trying to make....and thanks for not being an a$$$....sometimes things get taken way out of context on the forums...

The airfield is only a target if there is an attack sign next to It. At other times, the airfield icon indicates that you can take off from there or you can sit down there. Just be careful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, E69_Gote said:

Kuban#609
I would like to know why Gelendzhik can’t be attacked when it has been just damaged 85% in previous missions.

 

 

Haha, I had the same question on the Kuban map just a couple of weeks ago. Akhtyrskaya and Steblievskaya were blue but closed due to nearby tanks or damage and Gelendzhik was the closest airfield the Germans could use to defend and attack ground forces. It made perfect sense as a target but it wasn't "attackable."

Edited by WokeUpDead
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GG for the campaign, think last map should be a walk for Blue, red havent been able to match numbers it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...