=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Sorry. I don't record videos. Just anecdotal, but their is a ton of people saying the same stuff if you would listen to them. 

Let me clear this for you lawyer... its a moving target. It is above you by hundreds if not thousands of meters. The target is moving left and right, up and down. And your telling me you dont think that is hard for aa to hit, especially on the first volley. The chances arent that low for it to hit the aircraft for the FIRST volley? If so... well shoot, I guess my whining has been in vain. Clearly you've never shot a gun at a stationary target either. Its like you think these are cold war radar guided deflection shots by a zsu 23 4 shilka. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SCG_Wulfe said:

this is the first and only Taw that I saw an issue with the flak. That said, over the last few days, you’re right, it has seemed reasonable.

These reports of multiple people being struck out of the air without warning have also stopped. I wonder if the setting was tweaked quietly. In any case, I will keep an eye out at this stage. I’m purely commenting on what I witnessed out of the first two days of TAW. If it has changed, then great.

Rgr Wulfe, nice to hear that. I have commented cause i witnessed something different  and i agree with Tumu's comment regarding there being many unrealistic factors in this sim, like in any sim, and we have to deal with them.

It's like you yesterday, remember? Luck was on your side then. You were shot down and ditched almost 30km from your lines, but not only that, it was sector 1816.1 over the red town of Mozhaisk just 4 to 5km from our active airfield. You didn't get capture, got only "crashed" status and kept your virtual life. I guess you had a russian lover in that town that gave you cover and hid you there! 😀

Anyway, you seem open minded and it's nice to discuss with you. You remind me of my dear friend Tumu, a very nice guy....and i admire nice people, cause i'm not 😂🤣

____

Edited by 666GIAP_Chimango
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, SCG_Sinerox said:

Sorry. I don't record videos. Just anecdotal, but their is a ton of people saying the same stuff if you would listen to them. 

Why would you listen to them when they can press the default Ctrl+R keys and record a track as solid evidence to back up what they are saying , then present it here to let others see for themselves and then make up their own minds. No need to become a YouTuber to prove what your seeing in IL2BOX.

Nobody here needs you to "clear this for" them. If it's such a problem for you just record a track next time your on TAW, or is that too easy?

39 minutes ago, SCG_Sinerox said:

It's almost like your trolling?

That sounds more like it, that or wanting to gain some advantage in an online war you appear to take way too seriously.

24 minutes ago, 666GIAP_Chimango said:

Rgr Wulfe, nice to hear that. I have commented cause i witnessed something different  and i agree with Tumu's comment regarding there being a many of unrealistic factors in this sim, like in any sim.

It's like you yesterday, remember? Luck was on your side then. You were shot down and ditched almost 30km from your lines, but not only that, it was sector 1816.1 over the red town of Mozhaisk just 4 to 5km from our active airfield. You didn't get capture, got only "crashed" status and kept your virtual life. I guees you had a russian lover in that town that gave you cover and hid you there! 😀

Anyway, you seem open minded and it's nice to discuss with you. You remind me of Tumu, a very nice guy....and i admire nice people, cause i'm not 😂🤣

well, but better than that what i experienced in one single flight yesterday, chasing from high 3k for minutes a Bomber , at the moment i had him in front of me ,was about to pull the trigger, it disapeared, (DISCO) , right after 10 min another Bomber , i put all my guns on it, at the moment it crashed ...DISCO  ..        lol  ,      he, he    I admit this is maybe an other issue  , very realistic tactics ;

One finger allways on the Internet cable... ready to log out...?  Live saved..

Edited by SPEEDWULF77

52 minutes ago, SCG_Sinerox said:

Just anecdotal, but their is a ton of people saying the same stuff if you would listen to them. 

What are the tons of people? As far as I saw 4 people reported that they were hit by anti-aircraft guns at a height of the first shot. Four shots for several thousand sorties at the moment. Count how common a problem this is, if at all.

And why can't the anti-aircraft gun make a "Lucky shot"? Just because you think so?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pict said:

I have only had the time to fly one singe sortie in the current TAW, it was in a Pe-2 and my "most armored airframe in the game" got shot to bits by a Bf-109E-7 and struggled to crash land in an effort to survive, which I was very lucky to do. Additionally, my "deadliest AI gunners" never hit the Bf-109E-7, not even once.

Here is the proof http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=12058&name=Pict that you are just talking nonsense.

If you had any sense of decency you would offer to apologize for being rude to @=2ndSS=Lawyer1 , as telling people to 

is not cool and can be taken the wrong way all to easily on an international forum.

bike.jpg.4ef3fd9e40b930a3e96f6e17118c44e2.jpg

• Haha 15

4 hours ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

The difference between us is that I can attack targets covered by anti-aircraft guns, and you do not.
 Probably the TAW server is too complicated for you. First go learn how to counteract anti-aircraft guns as well as many other blue pilots, and then return to the TAW.

Fly a plane that isn't over modeled

2 hours ago, Pict said:

If you had any sense of decency you would offer to apologize for being rude to @=2ndSS=Lawyer1 , as telling people to 

is not cool and can be taken the wrong way all to easily on an international forum.

Here's my apology.  Go suck a bag of hammers!  AI gunners from the ground are over-modeled.  AI gunners in aircraft are over-modeled.  I have multiple videos of 600Km/H passes at various angles at a PE2 in which I have been damaged enough to not be able to continue in flight.  I have multiple videos of having a screen go black while in flight from AI that happens to be near enough to shoot a 5Km long arch and kill me first shot.

And don't worry about me I'll be done with the game soon enough and it won't matter what servers there are I won't be here.

Ogg

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, JG51_Ogg said:

Fly a plane that isn't over modeled

Also try Pe-2 and fly, you will like it)

Pe-2 is the top funny recurrent subject brought up by RB!WC; fortunately it's only few but they come to forums and are very noisy. All gunners ingame are very dangerous, but if you want to cherry pick go ahead. 

Again, just like the AA issue, let's use some facts from two of my recent flights, instead of Goebbels propaganda tactics::

1. Attacked by 2 Emils, none 109 was even hit by my gunners. My Pe2 destroyed after 2nd burst
https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=5507&name=666GIAP_Chimango

2. Even better, no damage from my gunners to the the 109E that attacked me dead on my 6; i got plane in flames after first burst.
https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=8182&name=666GIAP_Chimango

Not the ubermodelledrussianbias outcry we hear so often, is it? Is it tough to kill it in a 109E and survive unharmed, generally not easy and i agree, but maybe these people never tried to catch a Bf-110 or even worse a Ju-88 in an i-16 once it dove away, and if by miracle you catch it before it reaches his defenses/AF, then starts another story avoiding its gunners and doing real damage with our peashooters.

We all have stories.

• Upvote 9

20 hours ago, JG51_Ogg said:

Here's my apology.  Go suck a bag of hammers!

Our cat has better manners than this even when she's hungry. I'm not sure if you would like her much as she's called Peshka :) 

AI gunners from the ground are over-modeled.  AI gunners in aircraft are over-modeled.

Tell the developer, there is a bug report thread on the board just for this sort of thing.

I have multiple videos of 600Km/H passes at various angles at a PE2 in which I have been damaged enough to not be able to continue in flight.  I have multiple videos of having a screen go black while in flight from AI that happens to be near enough to shoot a 5Km long arch and kill me first shot.

Why not post them so that we can see this "evidence", or are you too shy?

And don't worry about me I'll be done with the game soon enough and it won't matter what servers there are I won't be here.

Ogg

source.gif

Edited by Pict
Update

14 hours ago, JG51_Ogg said:

Very, very sorry. Anti-aircraft crew and gunners on Pe2 will probably be very upset.
Although we all remember that you have repeatedly promised to leave, but you always came back))
See you in the sky and enjoy your flights :salute:

• Haha 2

I wonder who will make the most flight-hours in this TAW.

TAW: Wake up, we have a real life to burn!

sadasdasd.thumb.png.c6a83a60d27d8c816ed80f9ed9606411.png

• Haha 2

Quick update:

• After disconnection when neither pilot nor his aircraft was damaged (no DISCO result) this aircraft is out of service (ditched) for the current and next mission. It’s because some players fly over target, drops bombs and deliberately disconnect to fly quickly again without returning to the airfield.
  • It has been relaxed: Disconnection within 5min from take off doesn't count at all. A pilot may have one disconnection within 3 consecutive missions without losing an aircraft for current and next mission.

• Support for the big squadrons. In case there is too much difference in number of pilots between sides (over-limit message on the map) members of those squadrons can still spawn and fly together. For quick test purpose “big squadrons” are squadrons with at least 6 active members with squadron tag in their names registered in the last TAW campaign. How does it work: a member can bypass over-limit message if there is already someone spawned on the server from his squadron. He can do it only once during the mission. As long as he lands on the airfield, ha can take off again. In general it’s to help squadrons fly together.
  • All members from the big squadrons (at least 6 active pilots) regardless of the tag in their names. All new members are added automatically.
  • Slight change in plane set on map #2 and map #7 
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

Quick update:

• It has been relaxed: Disconnection within 5min from take off doesn't count at all. A pilot may have one disconnection within 3 consecutive missions without losing an aircraft for current and next mission.

• All members from the big squadrons (at least 6 active pilots) regardless of the tag in their names. All new members are added automatically.
  • Slight change in plane set on map #2 and map #7 

Good to hear that.

What exactly was changed in the planeset?

But still, the FW190 A-3 is one map too late :( It entered service weeks before the Bf109 G-2 on the Eastern Front. Is this for balance? :scratch_one-s_head:

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf

Has there been a change in the way you get a +1CM for transport missions since the last TAW?

I ask as I just ran two identical transport missions back to back and only got a +1CM credit for the first one. The only difference was the length of time, the first being 16 min 12 sec & the second being 12 min and 24 sec. This never used to make a difference, and is why I ask the question.

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot.php?name=Pict

Edited by Pict
Spelling, tweaking etc.

14 minutes ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

But still, the FW190 A-3 is one map too late :( It entered service weeks before the Bf109 G-2 on the Eastern Front. Is this for balance? :scratch_one-s_head:

But never used on this part of Eastern Front. 

to admins:

Could you check on the kicking timer for when a player selects a plane he does not have in the inventory? It is kicking way too fast and before you are able to end the mission (15 sec)

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SCG_Riksen said:

to admins:

Could you check on the kicking timer for when a player selects a plane he does not have in the inventory? It is kicking way too fast and before you are able to end the mission (15 sec)

Ok, I will check it and extend this timer.

4 hours ago, =/Hospiz/=MetalHead said:

Good to hear that.

What exactly was changed in the planeset?

Map #2

Ju-87 was 1/2 now 1/1

Bf-110 E2 was 2/2 now 1/2

Allied have only Il-2 as 2/3

Map #7

Lagg-3 was 1/1 now 0

Yak-7B was 1/1 now 2/2

Fw-190 A-3 was 1/2 now 1/1

3 hours ago, Pict said:

Has there been a change in the way you get a +1CM for transport missions since the last TAW?

I ask as I just ran two identical transport missions back to back and only got a +1CM credit for the first one. The only difference was the length of time, the first being 16 min 12 sec & the second being 12 min and 24 sec. This never used to make a difference, and is why I ask the question.

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot.php?name=Pict

You took off from Kubinka which was damaged more then 40% in that mission. To fly transport you have to take off from airfield damaged less then 40%. I will add chat info if you spawn as transport plane on the airfield damaged more than 40%.

You got +1CM because of flight more than 15min as a bomber without any AK/GK.

• Thanks 4

My fly buddy and I finally took the leap to TAW yesterday, full of anticipation. Unfortunately, we were both kicked, with a message saying that we couldn't take our respective planes and to exit or get kicked. We're both registered under our IL2 names and the aircraft were available at the field. Any thoughts on why?

12 minutes ago, FlyingNutcase said:

My fly buddy and I finally took the leap to TAW yesterday, full of anticipation. Unfortunately, we were both kicked, with a message saying that we couldn't take our respective planes and to exit or get kicked. We're both registered under our IL2 names and the aircraft were available at the field. Any thoughts on why?

That the planes are available on the field doesnt mean that you personally can fly them.
Check your planes here:
image.thumb.png.aab26e379c0d47d34fdead1715fe97ea.png

http://taw-server.de/pilot.php?name=FlyingNutcase

• Thanks 1

Just re-installed the game, never put more than 6-7 hours into it. Been loving TAW, a lot of the guys on the Teamspeak have been very helpful in teaching me how to landmark navigate, and how to run my I-16. Got my first few shots on target vs some stukas today, hopefully more action to come!

(I'm also gonna get shot down a ton 😝)

Got shot down by flak, was at 5K , I would not mind it really, if flak was all around and I get hit by it,  but the first AA shot and instant hit?

🙄

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

You took off from Kubinka which was damaged more then 40% in that mission. To fly transport you have to take off from airfield damaged less then 40%. I will add chat info if you spawn as transport plane on the airfield damaged more than 40%.

You got +1CM because of flight more than 15min as a bomber without any AK/GK.

That makes sense, I forgot to check the base damage levels. Just getting back into the swing of it, thanks.

8 hours ago, SCG_motoadve said:

Got shot down by flak, was at 5K , I would not mind it really, if flak was all around and I get hit by it,  but the first AA shot and instant hit?

🙄

Looking at your TAW stats for that sortie, we can see where this happened and what hit you. So it should be possible to stress test this by flying around that sector at 5k in a 109E-7 and see how repeatable it is. I'd be up for doing that boring task off line.

You didn't happen to record a track?

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=18815&name=SCG_motoadve

5k109e61k100kill.thumb.JPG.9d3bf1f8d8d3d16aadcdc963f71e5bd3.JPG

Edited by Pict

This is the 5th time in our squadron alone. We are just vocal about it, there is probably many more incidents. We suspect a random AAA position template to be responsible. But it's up to Kathon to find the cause and he's quite busy already :(

10 hours ago, SCG_motoadve said:

🙄

Maybe the first shots were behind you or under you and you just did not see them?
It would be nice to watch the video. Maybe it’s really worth flying over this place again, since this is a problem, then the anti-aircraft guns will surely shot you down again.
If this is an accident, then it sometimes happens, just no luck.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

This must be approached logically and scientifically. Sure a few people have been "vocal" about it, but that's not going help either identify a problem or solve it. My last post shows the only piece of solid evidence so far provided on this issue, but we need more.

We need to repeat it and record a track of that, then do it all again to see how repeatable it is...if it is. The stats show that the 109 was hit once and received 100% damage, but that doesn't tell us if that was the only shot fired by the 61-K

After that we must look at the historical efficiency of the weapon in question. In this case we can see it's a Soviet 61-K. Information on this was easy to come by without resorting to speculation of any kind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/37_mm_automatic_air_defense_gun_M1939_(61-K)#cite_note-ReferenceA-4

The 37 mm automatic air defense gun M1939 (61-K) (Russian: 37-мм автоматическая зенитная пушка образца 1939 года (61-К)) is a Soviet37 mm calibre anti-aircraft gun developed during the late 1930s and used during World War II. The land-based version was replaced in Soviet service by the ZSU-57-2 during the 1950s. Guns of this type were successfully used throughout the Eastern Front against dive bombers and other low- and medium-altitude targets. It also had some usefulness against lightly armoured ground targets. Crews of the 37 mm AD guns shot down 14,657 Axis planes.[4] The mean quantity of 37 mm ammunition to shoot down one enemy plane was 905 rounds.[4]

So if we take the 905 rounds / aircraft shot down figure from Shunkov V. N. - The Weapons of the Red Army at face value we can say that a 1 shot 1 kill would be approximately 900:1 odds against happening. That doesn't mean it's not possible, just highly unlikely.

Edit; if winning the lottery was a 900:1 shot, I be out there buying tickets right now :) 

=====================

Then it's up to "them". Can it be tweaked? Do "they" want to tweak it? And so on. I imagine that if it is indeed a problem and it can indeed be adjusted, then historical odds combined with game-play are the factors to be considered...I may well be wrong, as this is pure speculation on my behalf.

Edited by Pict
Update
  • Like 1

For a better understanding of the statistics of ammunition consumption in air defense, including 37mm anti-aircraft gun. The problem in defense is not to destroy enemy aircraft and to cover the goal. The primary element is a cover. If the cover goal has been to shoot down the enemy plane is good, but only under the condition that the enemy was unable to accomplish his task.  Accordingly, it can be argued that a sufficiently large number of each series of 905 shells spent on the destruction of one enemy aircraft on average, was spent on conducting a barrage, preventing accurate aiming. In the conduct of such fire to hit an enemy aircraft is much less likely.

• Like 1

Thanks to these four beautiful Ju-52s, we recover Gzhatsk.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gracias a estos cuatro bellos Ju-52, recuperamos Gzhatsk.

Edited by Ala13_UnopaUno_VR
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Pict said:

This must be approached logically and scientifically. Sure a few people have been "vocal" about it, but that's not going help either identify a problem or solve it. My last post shows the only piece of solid evidence so far provided on this issue, but we need more.

We need to repeat it and record a track of that, then do it all again to see how repeatable it is...if it is. The stats show that the 109 was hit once and received 100% damage, but that doesn't tell us if that was the only shot fired by the 61-K

After that we must look at the historical efficiency of the weapon in question. In this case we can see it's a Soviet 61-K. Information on this was easy to come by without resorting to speculation of any kind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/37_mm_automatic_air_defense_gun_M1939_(61-K)#cite_note-ReferenceA-4

The 37 mm automatic air defense gun M1939 (61-K) (Russian: 37-мм автоматическая зенитная пушка образца 1939 года (61-К)) is a Soviet37 mm calibre anti-aircraft gun developed during the late 1930s and used during World War II. The land-based version was replaced in Soviet service by the ZSU-57-2 during the 1950s. Guns of this type were successfully used throughout the Eastern Front against dive bombers and other low- and medium-altitude targets. It also had some usefulness against lightly armoured ground targets. Crews of the 37 mm AD guns shot down 14,657 Axis planes.[4] The mean quantity of 37 mm ammunition to shoot down one enemy plane was 905 rounds.[4]

So if we take the 905 rounds / aircraft shot down figure from Shunkov V. N. - The Weapons of the Red Army at face value we can say that a 1 shot 1 kill would be approximately 900:1 odds against happening. That doesn't mean it's not possible, just highly unlikely.

Edit; if winning the lottery was a 900:1 shot, I be out there buying tickets right now :) 

=====================

Then it's up to "them". Can it be tweaked? Do "they" want to tweak it? And so on. I imagine that if it is indeed a problem and it can indeed be adjusted, then historical odds combined with game-play are the factors to be considered...I may well be wrong, as this is pure speculation on my behalf.

"A total of 200 rounds of ammunition were carried which were fed into the gun in five-round clips." - is that true in the game too? Does the 61-k stop fire to reload? Does it ever run out of ammo?

1 hour ago, OpticFlow said:

"A total of 200 rounds of ammunition were carried which were fed into the gun in five-round clips." - is that true in the game too? Does the 61-k stop fire to reload? Does it ever run out of ammo?

No idea, but info like this is relatively easy to find. How accurate said information is would be another story.

Anyhow the numbers wasn't the main thrust of my point, just a side show really. My main point above was that we need to back up any claims of problems with solid proof of what happened, ie., a recorded track. Or in this case many recorded tracks to see if this thing is repeatable and if so how often.

I would also say tracks rather than videos, as with track you can glean far more information about what happened and cannot be edited like videos so easily can.

Then and only then is it worth considering numbers.

20 hours ago, SCG_motoadve said:

🙄

From log files you were at 3,5k, and probably flying south (by analyzing coordination from the hit and bail out event a few seconds later). The 61-K (normal AI) was on the north behind you, so you probably didn't see it shooting at you. It could have fired many bullets and one hit you in the engine. 

The 61-K AA shot down so far 75 aircraft during 88 missions which gives 0.85 aircraft per mission in average.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

The latest copy of the Der Adler magazine has a dedicated cover to the brave man of SCG and friends that helped out in the ground war:

SCG%20-%20Der%20Adler%20-%2011-24-2019.p

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Pict said:

No idea, but info like this is relatively easy to find. How accurate said information is would be another story.

Anyhow the numbers wasn't the main thrust of my point, just a side show really. My main point above was that we need to back up any claims of problems with solid proof of what happened, ie., a recorded track. Or in this case many recorded tracks to see if this thing is repeatable and if so how often.

I would also say tracks rather than videos, as with track you can glean far more information about what happened and cannot be edited like videos so easily can.

Then and only then is it worth considering numbers.

"Gun automation provided reliable operation in conditions of dust and lack of lubrication, and the possibility of continuous supply of ammunition caused a high practical rate of fire. The gun was very easy to maintain. Of the shortcomings noted the possibility of delays in shooting due to improper attachment of the clip".

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/37-мм_автоматическая_зенитная_пушка_образца_1939_года_(61-К)

2 cassettes of 5 shells are placed in the feeding mechanism, the team of the loader and two trays of cartridges ensures the continuity of the supply of cassettes with shells.

Edited by =FPS=Cutlass
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

You know you can get hung for the last scene dontcha 😂

:dance:Call the Führer, i don't give a frack:dance:

• Haha 1