=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Just now, II./JG77_Manu* said:

Another possibility which might be quicker is to go to TaW Discord (you'll find it with google) and write your issue with the tag "@dev".

Thank you sir - i will google it up and try it this way - thank you again :good:

32 minutes ago, SCG_Riksen said:

Exactly, you said it yourself. In your example, guess what we would have 42 x 42. The amount of players that did not join will have to wait for openings or join some other server but the MISSION would be balanced! You cannot regard people trying to join as a priority over the balance of the campaign. That is absurd. A physician is not concerned about the treatment of patients he hasn't seen yet, only those he is currently treating during his shift. The cap would make it fair in the sense of allowing equal numbers of players to both sides and never have situations where there are 64 x 20 like it was yesterday. No method is ideal as of now but the cap is much better than what we currently have because it allows the sides to field the same amount of players as the other side.

I see your point and it has some validity. I would like to know hard numbers of players during the EU prime time (since it's the  only period when server is overcrowded) just to see how many of each side players are actually not connected. You know, to see whether the situation is really so bad because there are more VVS players than LWs unable to join or whether there are (in the 64 vs 20 case you mentioned above) like 2 VVS players unable to join and 10 LWs. Because in such case I would vote against any such slot-cap feature resulting in low population on the server. Moreover, slot-cap feature doesn't solve the imbalance we can often see during non-EU primes. The 30 vs 6 I mentioned above cannot be solved unless you close the server for two thirds of players in particular time zones. Which I hope is not in anyone's mind.

Anyway the well balanced campaign (in terms of numbers, planes, capabilities, etc.) results in stalemate. I'm not convinced that anyone would enjoy that.

1 hour ago, II./JG77_Manu* said:

The Germans have better fighters. That's why fighter based servers like KOTA and WoL have more on the German side (it's still pretty balanced in KOTA though). 

On the other side the Russians have a lot better ground attack aircraft. And that shows in TaW, where the ground attack is equally important.

For the purpose of ground attack on TAW, anything that carries at least a 250Kg bomb and is fast is better.  By far the best tactic is to fly to the rear of a column and slope bomb down the length.  There are planes that can do this better than the Pe-2.  The main benefit of the Pe-2 is that it is tough against early Axis fighters and has good gunners.  

With defensive positions, nothing is better than a 190 because they are so fast and can carry a large bomb(or several small ones) for their size.  They drop their bomb and nobody will ever catch them.

22 minutes ago, I./JG1_Pragr said:

Anyway the well balanced campaign (in terms of numbers, planes, capabilities, etc.) results in stalemate. I'm not convinced that anyone would enjoy that.

Does balance lead to stalemate on the sporting field?   Balance in competition is not uniformity, it is fairness.

Edited by 7.GShAP/Silas
  • Upvote 2

looking numbers, my impressions was true. one of more balanced editions i think . Anyway are some timeframes unbalanced and maybe is possible apply some correction. But seems along the day, numeric advantage move side to side

Riksen idea i think is good, especially for prime times like 12_pm to 3 pm ( from picture ) -- server look full and blue advantage is great.

1 hour ago, SCG_Riksen said:

1. It is not whining Sir. It is criticism and suggestion to improve the campaign. You see, unlike you, I fly both sides and have been participating in almost all editions of TAW. My suggestion will not only affect one side but both, making the campaign fair for both sides. You want the campaign to stay like that so you can continue to be a LW stacker and that upsets you. Like I said, very selfish of you. This part is laughable: "All your so called solutions would just shift the playing field completely to your side, that's apparently plenty enough reason for you to argue for it." How is capping 42 x 42 shifting it to my side? The way we have it now, we can end up with 83 x 1 in the server. Please, critical thinking here man.

2. "Doesn't make sense to compare numbers with "fighter only" servers." Ok, let's compare to TAW itself. All campaigns had the majority signed up as LW. Not a single one had more VVS players signed up.

3. "Absolute numbers also only tell half the truth. Absolute numerical superiority over one day doesn't mean anything, if the other side has the numerical superiority for 16 hours and the own one only for 8 hours. Like I said, there are times with barely any German online, times where Russian can do what they want. Would absolutely disbalance it, when you'd take away the times where Germans have a good superiority. Then you'd only see Russians having the advantage. But maybe that's exactly what you want." Absolute numbers affect a mission and the balance of said mission and hence the campaign." - Again, if you understand my suggestion you will see that limiting 42 x 42 caps BOTH sides and not only LW so the missions being played are at least more fair and balanced than they currently are and would not "disbalance" it like you say. Quite the opposite but again you are afraid of not being able to stack and fly your favorite plane all the time. 

4. "So you are saying that the pilots on blue have less skill? That's not only ridiculous, it's also pretty insulting towards all people flying blue. Especially since there are more then 1000 people flying on both sides. As if flying blue would make you a worse pilot. 🙄 I really have nothing more to say if you think that is a valid argument. " - Please read it again, I clearly said coordination AND skill. A team that has Messi in it but play in a disorganized manner will most likely not win a match, same applies here. Trying to justify that is ok to have missions totally unbalanced because the side with less players is winning is just ridiculous. Missions should be balanced or, at least fair, regardless of who is winning or we would have soccer matches iwth Real Madrid playing with 6 players against Getafe with 11.

1. Unlike me? How on earth do you wanna know what I fly? Ooh those preconceptions..I have actually flown Allies more then Axis before TaW, but last time I checked, you can't switch sides in TaW. It was a squad decision to fly Axis this time, after my squad flew Allies in the last TaW. Second misconception is that I like to fly on the "stacked" side, actually it's quite the opposite. It's a lot more fun to have a target rich environment as a fighter, compared to being on the stacked side. When I fly casual online server I mostly join the side with lesser players (always when I am alone). So I guess we can stop with the blind accusations here. The statistics pretty obviously show the absurdity of your (and your comrade's) whining. You still don't seem to understand simple statistics - if we take away the prime time numerical superiority of the Axis, Allies will gain a major superiority over the whole day. This would cause disbalance. Your "solution" would cause disbalance. So stop whining already.

2. Sign ups are not relevant, active pilots are relevant. There you see it's almost even. Better then you could think of without having an artificial mechanism

3. Wrong, see #1

4. Coordination might play a small part. There are definitely more fighter lone wolfs on Axis then on Allies. That rather hurts the mission performance of Axis. But that's not the reason Axis looks on the loosing side this round.

All in all, after seeing the statistics you and all your fellow comrades can stop whining now, stop with the arrogance of "being Barcelona with Messi" and stop with those personal accusations about "Hartmanning" and co. 

1 hour ago, Redich said:

Hello all

Wrote this yesterday and still have not gotten an answer or help on the issue. Is there really no help from anyone here.

Today I could choose a plane and could also log in, but after a minute the server wrote my account is lock and threw me back.

Dear friends, there is not a friendly soul who could help me with this so I can soon get going again.

I would appreciate this and thank you in advance.

Redich.

Number of new posts here is bigger than my ability to read them all so it takes time.

Did you read the manual?

You should have changed your pilot's name from Player-13844 to Redich in the "Pilot profile". But you created another account which was automatically locked. 

Now:

1. Change Redich to something else

2. Change Player-13844 to Redich

3. Join the server

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, II./JG77_Manu* said:

1. Unlike me? How on earth do you wanna know what I fly? Ooh those preconceptions..I have actually flown Allies more then Axis before TaW, but last time I checked, you can't switch sides in TaW. It was a squad decision to fly Axis this time, after my squad flew Allies in the last TaW. Second misconception is that I like to fly on the "stacked" side, actually it's quite the opposite. It's a lot more fun to have a target rich environment as a fighter, compared to being on the stacked side. When I fly casual online server I mostly join the side with lesser players (always when I am alone). So I guess we can stop with the blind accusations here. The statistics pretty obviously show the absurdity of your (and your comrade's) whining. You still don't seem to understand simple statistics - if we take away the prime time numerical superiority of the Axis, Allies will gain a major superiority over the whole day. This would cause disbalance. Your "solution" would cause disbalance. So stop whining already.

2. Sign ups are not relevant, active pilots are relevant. There you see it's almost even. Better then you could think of without having an artificial mechanism

3. Wrong, see #1

4. Coordination might play a small part. There are definitely more fighter lone wolfs on Axis then on Allies. That rather hurts the mission performance of Axis. But that's not the reason Axis looks on the loosing side this round.

All in all, after seeing the statistics you and all your fellow comrades can stop whining now, stop with the arrogance of "being Barcelona with Messi" and stop with those personal accusations about "Hartmanning" and co. 

1.  Ok good that you guys fly red as well then my mistake. I just never seen it. But then again, my suggestion does not cause disbalance yours does. You just upset because this means you might not be able to join a balanced scenario when you fly LW.

2. True but again it shows my point that the majority will fly LW. Sign up has at least some correlation to the amount of people that are expected to be active players.

3. Nope, you are wrong. See my post.

4. Coordination plays a huge part in winning along with pilot skill as said earlier. The soccer example is a perfect one to show how a match should allow both sides to field equal numbers of players and I never said anything about Hartmanning you did. I know the only way for you to pretend you have a point is to make false accusations and stuff words in my mouth but I never said anything about that. If you like and enjoy TAW, you would want it to be fair and more competitive and leaving as is makes missions unbalanced during EU and NA prime time.

4 minutes ago, SCG_Riksen said:

1.  Ok good that you guys fly red as well then my mistake. I just never seen it. But then again, my suggestion does not cause disbalance yours does. You just upset because this means you might not be able to join a balanced scenario when you fly LW.

2. True but again it shows my point that the majority will fly LW. Sign up has at least some correlation to the amount of people that are expected to be active players.

3. Nope, you are wrong. See my post.

4. Coordination plays a huge part in winning along with pilot skill as said earlier. The soccer example is a perfect one to show how a match should allow both sides to field equal numbers of players and I never said anything about Hartmanning you did. I know the only way for you to pretend you have a point is to make false accusations and stuff words in my mouth but I never said anything about that. If you like and enjoy TAW, you would want it to be fair and more competitive and leaving as is makes missions unbalanced during EU and NA prime time.

Are you living in another dimension?! 21 to 20 player on average, what the hell is not balanced currently? Every kid should understand that when you take away the blue superiority at prime time you'll end up with something like 22 to 15 players on average in favour of the Russians. But I guess that's what you would call balance?!

1 minute ago, II./JG77_Manu* said:

Are you living in another dimension?! 21 to 20 player on average, what the hell is not balanced currently? Every kid should understand that when you take away the blue superiority at prime time you'll end up with something like 22 to 15 players on average in favour of the Russians. But I guess that's what you would call balance?!

22 to 15 is balanced, obviously not the same amount of players, but it's not something redicoulus like 60v20

7 minutes ago, II./JG77_Manu* said:

You are either pretending to be stupid or you have not read my post in full. Im suggesting a cap limiter to allow an equal number of players (42 x 42) to be present at one time. That is the balance I'm referring to. Read the post carefully this time.

Edited by SCG_Riksen

6 minutes ago, II./JG77_Manu* said:

22 Soviet vs. 15 Axis is more balanced than I would ever hope for.  55 Axis vs. 25 Soviet is not(nor is the reverse, it's just far more rare) .

Edited by 7.GShAP/Silas
  • Like 2

And this is why I joined ACG where they have a private campaign, there's no bitching and arguements on player balance... Everything is controlled and balanced. The only downside of a private campaign is there obviously wont be as many active players, but there's a lot more pros then there are cons. 

Dont get me wrong, I love TAW and all, but just the constant bickering  and imbalance in numbers just gets old. Even though you can say in the grand scheme of things its balanced due to European prime time being heavily German sided and NA prime time bring heavily Russian sided and it balances itself out. but its constantly lopsided, ITS VERY rare that a mission is ever balanced 

21 minutes ago, SCG_Riksen said:

You are either pretending to be stupid or you have not read my post in full. Im suggesting a cap limiter to allow an equal number of players (42 x 42) to be present at one time. That is the balance I'm referring to. Read the post carefully this time.

20 minutes ago, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

22 Soviet vs. 15 Axis is more balanced than I would ever hope for.  55 Axis vs. 25 Soviet is not(nor is the reverse, it's just far more rare) .

Are you guys just ignoring the statistics, the hard data?! It is balanced right now. Now it's getting ridiculous

The spikes in total population are the timeframe that needs to get balanced, when the server is capped with 84/84. Every evening I log on (flying red), I've seen roughly 60 blues vs 20 reds. Reds then cannot even connect, it's ridiculous. Riksen's proposal of max 42 per side so far has been the best in my opinion.

What Manu said before "live in another dimension" and "are you ignoring statistics, the hard data?!" was inappropiate and wrong.

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf

2 minutes ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

The spikes in total population are the timeframe that needs to get balanced, when the server is capped with 84/84. Every evening I log on (flying red), I've seen roughly 60 blues vs 20 reds. Reds then cannot even connect, it's ridiculous. Riksen's proposal of max 42 per side so far has been the best in my opinion.

What Manu said before "live in another dimension" and "are you ignoring statistics, the hard data?!" was inappropiate and wrong.

The statistics show that it's within 5% to be even in numbers currently. Now if we balanced it during those "spikes", the overall numbers would not be balanced anymore. That's simple statistics and really not hard to understand?! 

2 minutes ago, II./JG77_Manu* said:

The statistics show that it's within 5% to be even in numbers currently. Now if we balanced it during those "spikes", the overall numbers would not be balanced anymore. That's simple statistics and really not hard to understand?! 

You rhetoric is not at all what we are saying. Please re-read the post and the proposal. You keep saying the same thing when I'm not talking about even numbers per se but the limitation on max player. MAX PLAYERS! Read again.

5 minutes ago, SCG_Riksen said:

You rhetoric is not at all what we are saying. Please re-read the post and the proposal. You keep saying the same thing when I'm not talking about even numbers per se but the limitation on max player. MAX PLAYERS! Read again.

You don't seem to comprehend what your max players cap would cause. It would cause the prime time to be even on both sides. So it would basically nullify the complete time the Axis have a numerical advantage now. At the same time it would not change the time where Allies have the numerical advantage. This would lead to an imbalance in total numbers. It's really not that hard to understand?!?! 

Right now Axis and Allies numerical advantages are cancelling each other out, this would no longer be the case if we take one of those away.

Edited by II./JG77_Manu*

16 minutes ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

And when the server isn't full?
That's the main argument of many people here.
Trying on a future campaign to add a cap to 42vs42, I would give it a try, maybe it's good, maybe it's not, I don't know.

But if you only cap to 42vs42 when the server is full, what about the hours when the server is NOT full, and there are 30 Soviets against 5 Germans?

You're asking for balance?
Fine.
But then, balance everything, at EVERY HOURS.

Edited by -IRRE-Centx

5 minutes ago, II./JG77_Manu* said:

You don't seem to comprehend what your max players cap would cause. It would cause the prime time to be even on both sides. So it would basically nullify the complete time the Axis have a numerical advantage now. At the same time it would not change the time where Allies have the numerical advantage. This would lead to an imbalance in total numbers. It's really not that hard to understand?!?! 

Right now Axis and Allies numerical advantages are cancelling each other out, this would no longer be the case if we take one of those away.

So you think 55 Axis vs. 25 Soviet is the same as 20 Soviet vs. 5 Axis?  You can't be serious.

Edited by 7.GShAP/Silas
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, II./JG77_Manu* said:

It would cause the prime time to be even on both sides

Lol ... exactly. Oh my God, it would balance the server???!!!! How crazy is that huh lol...

You are right. Having the way it currently is and preventing balance is the way to go! Damn ... I must be from a different dimension like you said ... How dare I suggest something that would balance a mission???!!! How dare have a campaign to be fair to both sides??!!! Yup you are right. I'm sorry for my suggestion. Thank you Manu for making me see that it is great as it is.

Damn ... how could I?!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

So you think 55 Axis vs. 25 Soviet is the same as 20 Soviet vs. 5 Axis?  You can't be serious.

Of course it will have the same effect over the course of a day. If there are similar numbers during the course of the day, they have similar impact (if we expect them to perform on the same level). That's again simple statistics.

1 minute ago, SCG_Riksen said:

Lol ... exactly. Oh my God, it would balance the server???!!!! How crazy is that huh lol...

You are right. Having the way it currently is and preventing balance is the way to go! Damn ... I must be from a different dimension like you said ... How dare I suggest something that would balance a mission???!!! How dare have a campaign to be fair to both sides??!!! Yup you are right. I'm sorry for my suggestion. Thank you Manu for making me see that it is great as it is.

Damn ... how could I?!

I guess that's how someone reacts if he realized that he is wrong but can't admit it. But I understand you. You want the numbers to be balanced when you play. You don't care at all about overall balance. Pretty self-centered tbh

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, -IRRE-Centx said:

And when the server isn't full?
That's the main argument of many people here.
Trying on a future campaign to add a cap to 42vs42, I would give it a try, maybe it's good, maybe it's not, I don't know.

But if you only cap to 42vs42 when the server is full, what about the hours when the server is NOT full, and there are 30 Soviets against 5 Germans?

You're asking for balance?
Fine.
But then, balance everything, at EVERY HOURS.

The other hours would no see balance. What you are saying is an ideal situation but will never happen. Even numbers at all times will never happen but then you have the front line AF limiter that we currently have to, at least, give some advantage to the minority side. But again, one side would never go over 42 players and this would give the chance for more players to join the inferior side. The current system does not allow that and if 84 players want to play as LW, they can without allowing anyone to join on the other side.

53 minutes ago, =LG=Kathon said:

Number of new posts here is bigger than my ability to read them all so it takes time.

Did you read the manual?

You should have changed your pilot's name from Player-13844 to Redich in the "Pilot profile". But you created another account which was automatically locked. 

Now:

1. Change Redich to something else

2. Change Player-13844 to Redich

3. Join the server

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply and yes I have read the manual but obviously not good enough :blush: :dash: - many times sorry and I apologize for all the unnecessary hassle I might have created.

Redich

1 minute ago, II./JG77_Manu* said:

Of course it will have the same effect over the course of a day. If there are similar numbers during the course of the day, they have similar impact (if we expect them to perform on the same level). That's again simple statistics.

How is 30 is the same as 15?

2 minutes ago, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

How is 30 is the same as 15?

What are you talking about? Allies have on average 20 players online, Axis on average 21 players. That's the only number that counts. Is it really so hard to understand simple statistics?

12 minutes ago, SCG_Riksen said:

The other hours would no see balance. 

So you are basically asking to balance only certain hours, when Germans are more, and let Russians destroy everything when there are no Germans to counter them

Your notion of balance is really weird.

Since you seem to like football, here is an example for you:

Football teams are capped to 11v11.
It's balanced because it is ALWAYS 11v11, at every match, in every country, at every hour (well except if a player take a red card, I give you that)

Try a football match with 11v5. Guess who wins.

Edited by -IRRE-Centx
  • Upvote 1

At the risk of getting in between this most recent and riveting back and forth on numbers...

I think a good compromise is to set the hard cap of total # of players per team to 50. 50 vs 34 is not that bad actually, and allows for some fluctuation and not have it be such an egalitarian cap at 42. 

What is clear is the effect of not having Ju-52 be a +1 airplane in this edition of TAW. I think Blue has only captured a few bases this way, where in the previous version we could see a map ended within 48 hours.

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, -IRRE-Centx said:

So you are basically asking to balance only certain hours, when Germans are more, and let Russians destroy everything when there are no Germans to counter them

Your notion of balance is really weird.

Since you seem to like football, here is an example for you:

Football teams are capped to 11v11.
It's balanced because it is ALWAYS 11v11, at every match, in every country, at every hour (well except if a player take a red card, I give you that)

Try a football match with 11v5. Guess who wins.

Negative. Because the cap will always be 42 for each side, this will apply for every hour and all the times. Each side will only be able to have 42 players regardless of how many join and this is fair. Now, will we have 42 x 42 all the time? Of course not and it is like this already and nothing will change that. For example, we may have 25 x 12 or 42 x 20 during non-peak hours but when this happens the server would use the frontline airfield limiter in order to give some advantage to the minority side (which BTW, it already in place this campaign). Again, the combination of both features would create balance and a more fair environment for those in the mission and would allow players to join the side with less players ALL the time.

Going back to soccer, it would be like saying each side can only field 11 players all the time but if they decide to field less it is on them but you would always be 11 max to each side. 

3 minutes ago, StG77_Kondor said:

At the risk of getting in between this most recent and riveting back and forth on numbers...

I think a good compromise is to set the hard cap of total # of players per team to 50. 50 vs 34 is not that bad actually, and allows for some fluctuation and not have it be such an egalitarian cap at 42. 

What is clear is the effect of not having Ju-52 be a +1 airplane in this edition of TAW. I think Blue has only captured a few bases this way, where in the previous version we could see a map ended within 48 hours.

I would be fine with 50 limit as well TBH. Some limit is better than none.

• Confused 1

I would like to see time zone sign up sheets. Balance swings the other way in Pacific Evening. I saw 41 red vs 4 blue the other night. Kinda funny but it kept me from playing. It's not fun to play against 4 guys.

8 hours ago, -IRRE-Centx said:

I see that you bombed Zubtsov depot.

I'm sorry for you, but it seems you missed your target

Look here (scroll down a bit to see depot) : http://taw.stg2.de/fra/airfields.php?map=Moscow_South&name=Zubtsov

When you plan to bomb a depot/airfield, always check the aerial recon before going there (on the TAW website mainpage, you click on the targeted city in the list, on the left or right of the map depending on your side)

If I match the aerial recon with your bomb screenshots, you obtain this :

image.thumb.png.402811fadb3ce59cb76d67a7d414adef.png

Regarding your second problem, I have no idea why you first bomb did a smaller explosion 😕

Wow, I've never used these. Frickin awesome!!! Thanks for the tip!

8 minutes ago, 7./JG26_Smokejumper said:

I would like to see time zone sign up sheets. Balance swings the other way in Pacific Evening. I saw 41 red vs 4 blue the other night. Kinda funny but it kept me from playing. It's not fun to play against 4 guys.

And that's exactly why a player cap would only help the Russian side. It would not at all prevent scenarios as you described. The only fair implementation would be that one side can only have a certain % of the other team. But that's pretty unrealistic. If we want a solution, it should prevent all disbalance, and not only the disbalance in 3 out of 24 hours.

35 minutes ago, SCG_Riksen said:

Negative. Because the cap will always be 42 for each side, this will apply for every hour and all the times. Each side will only be able to have 42 players regardless of how many join and this is fair. Now, will we have 42 x 42 all the time? Of course not and it is like this already and nothing will change that. For example, we may have 25 x 12 or 42 x 20 during non-peak hours but when this happens the server would use the frontline airfield limiter in order to give some advantage to the minority side (which BTW, it already in place this campaign). Again, the combination of both features would create balance and a more fair environment for those in the mission and would allow players to join the side with less players ALL the time.

Going back to soccer, it would be like saying each side can only field 11 players all the time but if they decide to field less it is on them but you would always be 11 max to each side. 

I would be fine with 50 limit as well TBH. Some limit is better than none.

I would agree on a 42v42 cap if server was full 24h/24h, which is not possible.

But if you look at the stats posted on last page, you will see that Russians almost never reach 42 players, or only for 1-2hours per day.

Which means a 42 cap will almost only affect Germans.

That's my point since the beginning, maybe I didn't express it clearly. 

A 42 cap would unbalance the other way because Germans wouldn't be able to compensate the fact that Russian have peak hours too outside of EU primetime, when there are basically not enough German pilots to fly.

A 50 player cap (or 55 with airfield limitation) would seem more adapted regarding stats, and I would gladly test this kind of limitation.

Edited by -IRRE-Centx

6 minutes ago, II./JG77_Manu* said:

And that's exactly why a player cap would only help the Russian side. It would not at all prevent scenarios as you described. The only fair implementation would be that one side can only have a certain % of the other team. But that's pretty unrealistic. If we want a solution, it should prevent all disbalance, and not only the disbalance in 3 out of 24 hours.

Only way is time zone sheets and sign ups. When your preferred side is full fly opposite or not at all. Easy for me to say I admit, I fly everything.

3 minutes ago, 7./JG26_Smokejumper said:

Only way is time zone sheets and sign ups. When your preferred side is full fly opposite or not at all. Easy for me to say I admit, I fly everything.

And if the times you fly vary?

10 minutes ago, -IRRE-Centx said:

I would agree on a 42v42 cap if server was full 24h/24h, which is not possible.

But if you look at the stats posted on last page, you will see that Russians almost never reach 42 players, or only for 1-2hours per day.

Which means a 42 cap will almost only affect Germans.

That's my point since the beginning, maybe I didn't express it clearly. 

A 42 cap would unbalance the other way because Germans wouldn't be able to compensate the fact that Russian have peak hours too outside of EU primetime, when there are basically not enough German pilots to fly.

A 50 player cap (or 55 with airfield limitation) would seem more adapted regarding stats, and I would gladly test this kind of limitation.

Exactly. It would most likely affect the Germans the most because, as said earlier, they are the ones with most registered players and with a lot of them being composed of LW-only guys. It is this selfish behavior that put us here in the first place. With the cap, they would have to either start flying for the other side as well or simply not join the server. At least, in this way, it would be fair to those that do balance the campaign and switch sides between campaigns and everyone would have a turn playing as Germans. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, 7./JG26_Smokejumper said:

Simple problem with this is not every pilot is equal (...in terms of flight hours of course :P). We could have the most egalitarian sign ups for every time zone, but the fact is not everyone plays every single day. It would be crazy to conduct a 'fair' war on a piece of paper.

For a 24 hour campaign you will have times during the day that are lopsided - on both ends. If it's tweaked like the ability to select front line AFs currently, and it is a set % AND hard cap number like 55 even - then that would solve both issues of 60+ Blue sometimes and the other times it is 25 Red vs 5 Blue. 

At the same time I think something this drastic should take into account how the rest of this current campaign plays out. Map #1 was a stalemate won by attrition. Map #2 seems to be heading in the same direction. Let's see what happens balance and results wise. Some of these things you can't fairly fix if TAW remains a 24 hour server.

• Like 1

Guys...this TAW in my opinion is super balanced first map ended in atrittion. Second map will end in attrition and thus is the best way to have the longest campaign ever. Enjoy it, do what you can to push  your side forward and stop writing here and fly whenever you can.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StG77_Kondor said:

I agree, this was a very good change.

Need the admins to delete the registration for II./JG1_Vikner for the current campaign.  I mistakenly registered for allied and I need to change to German.