=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

4 hours ago, JG4_Deciman said:

I hope the limiter will be disabled for a nation when all available airfields are frontline airfields...

Deci

Border airfields aren't closed by the limiter regardless if they are frontline or not.

3 hours ago, Carl_infar said:

I hope that the LGs will include the max number of pilots each side. It doesn't have to be 50/50 . Something like max 48-55 pilots of 84 server limit could be good to be allocated to red and blue side.

Unless we want to go historical nad have max 20 blue ;) 

(I'm kidding of course - to all who might not get the joke) 

This will be the second step of the limiter in the future. First we have to test this first step of it during this campaign. 

I am all up for giving the side with an numerical advantage some disadvantages. However with this system i am afraid that it could lead to some undesirable situation, especially on maps where airfield are not evenly distributed which sometimes leads to an isolated vital frontline airfield with the next one being very far away. I guess we have to see how it turns out in the end.

I suppose it isn't possible to limit the amount of active players per airfield?

1 hour ago, Operation_Ivy said:

I suppose it isn't possible to limit the amount of active players per airfield?

that sounds like a good idea. Though to be fair the frontline airfields will remain open for the first 15 mins which is enough to keep a decent presence over the frontline for around an hour or so. 

13 minutes ago, ACG_Nightrise said:

that sounds like a good idea. Though to be fair the frontline airfields will remain open for the first 15 mins which is enough to keep a decent presence over the frontline for around an hour or so. 

15 minutes isn't as much as it sounds. In prime time it can take you nearly 15 minutes to get on the server if you are unlucky.

What i also don't like about this solution is that it doesn't tackle the problem at hand and it will cause additional ones. Frankly i don't understand why we never get to discuss upcoming changes to give the taw devs some input on their ideas but i guess that's another issue. While there are many technical limitations, i think there would have been better solutions. In the end all we can do is to see how it plays out this campaign and hope that it doesn't cause major problems.

On 11/23/2018 at 11:47 PM, ECV56_Chimango said:

Some blue-only guys who are very active at the forums can be defined with one simple example:  Lagg-3 in TAW.

The 109F4 is faster, climbs like an F-15, accelerates like a rocket, out dives the Lagg and also turns better, it's better in every single aspect performance-wise, also being able to carry 2x20mm gunpods, yes, 3x20mm total on a prime (best) fighter during 41'...but ohhh,  the Lagg-3 can have 23mm...so "ban that OP gun!" (unfortunately TAW admins bent to that demand as well)

Same people who loves easy kills, same people who loves stacking sides and fighting 50-8, same people who calls the P-47 an UFO while asking for the 109K4, etc.

Generally it's funny, sometimes it becomes really annoying.

LaGG-3 23 mm should be allocated in a separate modification.

Historically, a small number of these machines can be emulated or access by rank, or 6-9 combat missions necessary to restore the aircraft of this modification.

F-4 was really the best aircraft 41-42 on the set of characteristics.

There's nothing to be done.....:russian_ru:

Edited by =FPS=Cutlass

I'm sick of this "History vs. Balance" argument.  I'll take balance every time when it comes to multiplayer.  If this was set towards historical, then Axis would get a mandatory 5/8 win balance regardless of individual in-map results, but Allies would win the campaign every time.  I came here to participate in a competitive event.  I didn't come here to join a war reenactment club.  

Edited by Mobile_BBQ
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Mobile_BBQ said:

I'm sick of this "History vs. Balance" argument.  I'll take balance every time when it comes to multiplayer.  If this was set towards historical, then Axis would get a mandatory 5/8 win balance regardless of individual in-map results, but Allies would win the campaign every time.  I came here to participate in a competitive event.  I didn't come here to join a war reenactment club.  

The reason this is one of the most popular servers is because it is a war re-enactment 

• Upvote 2

Hello pilots,

how do you like the new TAW banner?

Edited by StG2_Raven
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Moin!

I have just seen it, it looks great!!  :)

On the account of friendly fire / identification: Raven, please be aware that the latest patch 3.007 has killed the zoom for many VR players. We might see more unintentional friendly-fire than before, because of the lack of zoom that might last for another week from now on. It would be great if you considered this part, in case someone got kicked/banned, and tries to explain himself here within the next week. If he apologizes and states this, please be more lenient.

In any way, I wish you all happy hunting, striking, and bombing - in another new glorious TAW campaign!

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf
  • Confused 2

23 minutes ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Moin!

I have just seen it, it looks great!!  :)

On the account of friendly fire / identification: Raven, please be aware that the latest patch 3.007 has killed the zoom for many VR players. We might see more unintentional friendly-fire than before, because of the lack of zoom that might last for another week from now on. It would be great if you considered this part, in case someone got kicked/banned, and tries to explain himself here within the next week. If he apologizes and states this, please be more lenient.

In any way, I wish you all happy hunting, striking, and bombing - in another new glorious TAW campaign!

So maybe switch to bombers till the patch will be out, or come nearer before the shooting or fly without vr.

Why schould You ruin others experience .

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, =FPS=Cutlass said:

LaGG-3 23 mm should be allocated in a separate modification.

Historically, a small number of these machines can be emulated or access by rank, or 6-9 combat missions necessary to restore the aircraft of this modification.

F-4 was really the best aircraft 41-42 on the set of characteristics.

There's nothing to be done.....:russian_ru:

Its true the F-4 was the best aircraft of the period, its also true that they were outnumbered, which isnt reflected in this game/server, still nothing to be done?

• Upvote 1

Can we stop this bs argument about numerical advantage already or do we really want to go down that slippery slope that leads to nowhere except maybe an endless circle jerk?

Next thing people will ask is that russians shouldn't be allowed to use any kind of voice communication and place a heater underneath their desk on maximum....

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, =69.GIAP=Shvak said:

The reason this is one of the most popular servers is because it is a war re-enactment 

No, it's an electronic game of TAG that's based on historical events.  Even if these planes, locations and events were completely imaginary, it still boils down to a game of tag.  TAW is the most competitive of these events.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 3./JG15_HansPhilipp said:

Why P47 is included in mission 8 and K4 isn't?

Rare image of K4 in 1944 (colorized)

robot-unicorn-attack.thumb.jpg.00cc55266c50af5a801d5ae176d0d8d7.jpgrare 

Edited by CptSiddy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, 3./JG15_HansPhilipp said:

Why P47 is included in mission 8 and K4 isn't?

Because they’re not comparable aircraft?

6 minutes ago, Praetor said:

Sorry, I'm late to the party here, but when is the server expected to be up?

Its already running since around 4 hours

Oh, ok.  Discord is empty so I just assumed...

I don't understand the lack of teamwork in this sim compared to others.  DCS servers have full discords with people working together.  Here?  Never.

LG's, @=LG=Kathon

Hello, is there any problem with supply ? no +1 CM

Problem 1
Plane: Pe-35, 100% fuel, no modifications (transport)
Take off: Dyatlova, not attacked,

Landed: Lotoshino, damage: 51%, in stats it's ditched

http://taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=502&name==19FAB=AlterEgo

Problem 2

Plane: Pe-35, 100% fuel, no modifications (transport)

Take off: Nesterovo, not attacked,

Landed: Kalinin, damage: 7%

http://taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=452&name==19FAB=Fin

Thanks in advance to take a look at this.

Regards,

AlterEgo

Edited by =19FAB=AlterEgo

56 minutes ago, Praetor said:

Oh, ok.  Discord is empty so I just assumed...

I don't understand the lack of teamwork in this sim compared to others.  DCS servers have full discords with people working together.  Here?  Never.

Maybe because TAW has a Teamspeak server, so nobody is on Discord? :rolleyes:

Edited by -IRRE-Centx

1 hour ago, =19FAB=AlterEgo said:

LG's, @=LG=Kathon

Problem 1

Problem 2

Regards,

AlterEgo

Same issue took off and landed lotishino with a result of ditched, same with my wingman Voodoo109.

13 minutes ago, Mobile_BBQ said:

I got my plane shot to hell, but landed safely.  I did no damage and only received damage.  I still got +1CM.  Is this correct?  I didn't see anything in the rules.   

"

The combat mission (CM) is:

· LANDED/IN FLIGHT sortie with AK/GK

· DITCHED on the friendly airfield sortie with AK/GK

· LANDED/IN FLIGHT sortie without any AK/GK lasts at least 15 min for bombers and attackers

· LANDED/IN FLIGHT sortie without any AK/GK last at least 25 min for fighters

· transport sortie

· Bombers may get additional one combat mission for each 20 min of flight time after the first 15 min (this sortie must have AK/GK)."

1 hour ago, =19FAB=AlterEgo said:

LG's, @=LG=Kathon

Problem 1

Problem 2

Regards,

AlterEgo

See above, there is a minimum flight duration to obtain a +1CM, your both missions weren't long enough (9min the first one and 12min the second one).

Everything is clearly written in the manual.

Edited by -IRRE-Centx

9 minutes ago, -IRRE-Centx said:

See above, there is a minimum flight duration to obtain a +1CM, your both missions weren't long enough (9min the first one and 12min the second one).

Everything is clearly written in the manual.

Read please manual before posting an answer. From the manual:

"You may also resupply friendly airfields by transport airplanes. Transport planes are: Ju 52/3m with cargo, also Pe-2, He-111, Ju-88 with 100% fuel and no bombs and rockets. Ju-52 with cargo resupply airfield by about 7%, others by about 4%. You must takeoff from an airfield damaged less than 40% and successfully land on an airfield damaged more than 0%. If you successful in transport then you get  a Combat Mission."

Transport mission has nothing to do with time flown. 

Edited by =19FAB=AlterEgo

2 minutes ago, =19FAB=AlterEgo said:

Read please manual before posting an answer.

Well actually I know this, just missed the info in your post that it was supply missions, my bad.

3 minutes ago, -IRRE-Centx said:

Well actually I know this, just missed the info in your post that it was supply missions, my bad.

Ok, my bad too, edited my message, so its clear now that those were transport missions. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, -IRRE-Centx said:

You did answer my question though.  Thanks.  For some odd reason, I thought the minimum time for a bomber flight CM was 20 minutes, not 15.  The flight I asked about was 19 minutes long.

• Upvote 1

Well .. server is taking a dump and disconnected me in the middle of the flight and everything was in slow motion ... Gave me a disco when it was not my fault at all. This new update [edited] the MP stability so bad that will make it very hard to fly missions with too many players and objects. Can u guys remove that DISCO that was not a disco at all since I had already ejected and was hanging in my chute?

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, -IRRE-Centx said:

Maybe because TAW has a Teamspeak server, so nobody is on Discord? :rolleyes:

Same with TS.  Everyone using it is Russian speaking or German speaking. Plus no permission to move channels.