=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Got my bus ticket! Hollywood, here I come!

1 hour ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

first

Yay, now lets see if axis get less people this time so i can join it with clean conscious. 

Does that mean the cat herd will have to carry on without you?

10 minutes ago, Psyrion said:

I don´t like people getting kicked for dying at all.

I don't like it either, but it's stated it only happens when the server is full.  Then again, the 5 minute dead-or-captured penalty kind of sucks too.

Maybe one day internet technology and netcode will allow unlimited players on and we won't have to put up with things like this. 

17 minutes ago, Psyrion said:

I don´t like people getting kicked for dying at all.

Then don't die and you should be fine

3 minutes ago, SCG_Riksen said:

Then don't die and you should be fine

Got anymore obvious and useless comments?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Mobile_BBQ said:

Got my bus ticket! Hollywood, here I come!

Does that mean the cat herd will have to carry on without you?

what are the odds that axis will be underdog in terms of numbers? 

17 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

what are the odds that axis will be underdog in terms of numbers? 

I mis-read what you said then. 

I took it that you already registered as Axis and were hoping that the balance would prove to somehow be different this time.

But yeah, the odds of Ally reg. numbers equaling or exceeding Axis reg. numbers are the same as the chance you'll miss if you punch yourself in the face.

Baaaarrrbaaarrric MotherF###cking WEEEAASELLLSS!!!!!!!!

I hope it will be playable, because there are serious problems with  performance in WOL after patch.

Edited by 307_Tomcat

This will be fun!

Great changes overall. I'm glad to here about the "Kicked if you die" addition. Like Kathon said, this will make the rotation better for those who are trying to get in. I feel like it will also encourage the need to stay alive aswell. I welcome any harsh punishment to those who die or get captured, as it simulates in some way that you actually 'Died" and you fucked up, and you need to do better and remember that there are punishments for when you die.

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, ACG_Nightrise said:

Remember to not die. 

I'll laugh so hard when the server is full and all the Allied pilots are weeded out, leaving 84 Axis pilots on.  Some of those Axis pilots will not notice right away and get itchy for a fight.  Server Report: Allies won Map #X  due to Axis friendly fire. :wacko:

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Garven_Dreis said:

P-47 with pinups get you to stay red?;)

nah man, we didn't feel like playing whack-a-mole with SCG and PHX again. It was all mole and no whack last campaign.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

New TAW campaign starts on Sunday 25.11.2018 at about 11:00 UTC

Change log:

Limiter: when there is a big difference in numbers of players between sides then front line airfields are not available (closed) for bigger side. Players are forced to takeoff from the further airfields. The limiter also takes into account number of pilots that took off from the front line airfields. When they ends their sorties and number of “front line pilots” is lower than calculated limit then airfields are opened again. The limiter is inactive for the first 15 minutes when everyone is joining the server and when bigger side has less then 10 pilots. Border airfields are not closed by the limiter. It’s allowed to land on the airfield closed by the limiter. To distinguish between airfields temporarily closed by the limiter and airfields closed from the beginning of the map (not allowed to land)  please check the mission briefing or TAW website map.

I hope the limiter will be disabled for a nation when all available airfields are frontline airfields...

Deci

3 hours ago, Mobile_BBQ said:

I'll laugh so hard when the server is full and all the Allied pilots are weeded out, leaving 84 Axis pilots on.  Some of those Axis pilots will not notice right away and get itchy for a fight.  Server Report: Allies won Map #X  due to Axis friendly fire. :wacko:

I hope that the LGs will include the max number of pilots each side. It doesn't have to be 50/50 . Something like max 48-55 pilots of 84 server limit could be good to be allocated to red and blue side.

Unless we want to go historical nad have max 20 blue ;) 

(I'm kidding of course - to all who might not get the joke) 

• Upvote 3

Something to allow + 10 pilots off-balance max would probably work out fine. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JG4_Deciman said:

I hope the limiter will be disabled for a nation when all available airfields are frontline airfields...

Deci

Border airfields aren't closed by the limiter regardless if they are frontline or not.

3 hours ago, Carl_infar said:

I hope that the LGs will include the max number of pilots each side. It doesn't have to be 50/50 . Something like max 48-55 pilots of 84 server limit could be good to be allocated to red and blue side.

Unless we want to go historical nad have max 20 blue ;) 

(I'm kidding of course - to all who might not get the joke) 

This will be the second step of the limiter in the future. First we have to test this first step of it during this campaign. 

I am all up for giving the side with an numerical advantage some disadvantages. However with this system i am afraid that it could lead to some undesirable situation, especially on maps where airfield are not evenly distributed which sometimes leads to an isolated vital frontline airfield with the next one being very far away. I guess we have to see how it turns out in the end.

I suppose it isn't possible to limit the amount of active players per airfield?

1 hour ago, Operation_Ivy said:

I suppose it isn't possible to limit the amount of active players per airfield?

that sounds like a good idea. Though to be fair the frontline airfields will remain open for the first 15 mins which is enough to keep a decent presence over the frontline for around an hour or so. 

13 minutes ago, ACG_Nightrise said:

that sounds like a good idea. Though to be fair the frontline airfields will remain open for the first 15 mins which is enough to keep a decent presence over the frontline for around an hour or so. 

15 minutes isn't as much as it sounds. In prime time it can take you nearly 15 minutes to get on the server if you are unlucky.

What i also don't like about this solution is that it doesn't tackle the problem at hand and it will cause additional ones. Frankly i don't understand why we never get to discuss upcoming changes to give the taw devs some input on their ideas but i guess that's another issue. While there are many technical limitations, i think there would have been better solutions. In the end all we can do is to see how it plays out this campaign and hope that it doesn't cause major problems.

On 11/23/2018 at 11:47 PM, ECV56_Chimango said:

Some blue-only guys who are very active at the forums can be defined with one simple example:  Lagg-3 in TAW.

The 109F4 is faster, climbs like an F-15, accelerates like a rocket, out dives the Lagg and also turns better, it's better in every single aspect performance-wise, also being able to carry 2x20mm gunpods, yes, 3x20mm total on a prime (best) fighter during 41'...but ohhh,  the Lagg-3 can have 23mm...so "ban that OP gun!" (unfortunately TAW admins bent to that demand as well)

Same people who loves easy kills, same people who loves stacking sides and fighting 50-8, same people who calls the P-47 an UFO while asking for the 109K4, etc.

Generally it's funny, sometimes it becomes really annoying.

LaGG-3 23 mm should be allocated in a separate modification.

Historically, a small number of these machines can be emulated or access by rank, or 6-9 combat missions necessary to restore the aircraft of this modification.

F-4 was really the best aircraft 41-42 on the set of characteristics.

There's nothing to be done.....:russian_ru:

Edited by =FPS=Cutlass

I'm sick of this "History vs. Balance" argument.  I'll take balance every time when it comes to multiplayer.  If this was set towards historical, then Axis would get a mandatory 5/8 win balance regardless of individual in-map results, but Allies would win the campaign every time.  I came here to participate in a competitive event.  I didn't come here to join a war reenactment club.  

Edited by Mobile_BBQ
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Mobile_BBQ said:

I'm sick of this "History vs. Balance" argument.  I'll take balance every time when it comes to multiplayer.  If this was set towards historical, then Axis would get a mandatory 5/8 win balance regardless of individual in-map results, but Allies would win the campaign every time.  I came here to participate in a competitive event.  I didn't come here to join a war reenactment club.  

The reason this is one of the most popular servers is because it is a war re-enactment 

• Upvote 2

Hello pilots,

how do you like the new TAW banner?

Edited by StG2_Raven
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Moin!

I have just seen it, it looks great!!  :)

On the account of friendly fire / identification: Raven, please be aware that the latest patch 3.007 has killed the zoom for many VR players. We might see more unintentional friendly-fire than before, because of the lack of zoom that might last for another week from now on. It would be great if you considered this part, in case someone got kicked/banned, and tries to explain himself here within the next week. If he apologizes and states this, please be more lenient.

In any way, I wish you all happy hunting, striking, and bombing - in another new glorious TAW campaign!

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf
  • Confused 2

23 minutes ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Moin!

I have just seen it, it looks great!!  :)

On the account of friendly fire / identification: Raven, please be aware that the latest patch 3.007 has killed the zoom for many VR players. We might see more unintentional friendly-fire than before, because of the lack of zoom that might last for another week from now on. It would be great if you considered this part, in case someone got kicked/banned, and tries to explain himself here within the next week. If he apologizes and states this, please be more lenient.

In any way, I wish you all happy hunting, striking, and bombing - in another new glorious TAW campaign!

So maybe switch to bombers till the patch will be out, or come nearer before the shooting or fly without vr.

Why schould You ruin others experience .

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, =FPS=Cutlass said:

LaGG-3 23 mm should be allocated in a separate modification.

Historically, a small number of these machines can be emulated or access by rank, or 6-9 combat missions necessary to restore the aircraft of this modification.

F-4 was really the best aircraft 41-42 on the set of characteristics.

There's nothing to be done.....:russian_ru:

Its true the F-4 was the best aircraft of the period, its also true that they were outnumbered, which isnt reflected in this game/server, still nothing to be done?

• Upvote 1

Can we stop this bs argument about numerical advantage already or do we really want to go down that slippery slope that leads to nowhere except maybe an endless circle jerk?

Next thing people will ask is that russians shouldn't be allowed to use any kind of voice communication and place a heater underneath their desk on maximum....

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, =69.GIAP=Shvak said:

The reason this is one of the most popular servers is because it is a war re-enactment 

No, it's an electronic game of TAG that's based on historical events.  Even if these planes, locations and events were completely imaginary, it still boils down to a game of tag.  TAW is the most competitive of these events.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 3./JG15_HansPhilipp said:

Why P47 is included in mission 8 and K4 isn't?

Rare image of K4 in 1944 (colorized)

robot-unicorn-attack.thumb.jpg.00cc55266c50af5a801d5ae176d0d8d7.jpgrare 

Edited by CptSiddy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4