Jump to content

Tactical Air War


=LG=Kathon
 Share

Recommended Posts

I totally like the CM prerequisites being met even if the the mission ends in a ditching at the airfield or close to it! This was one of my grips in the last go around. Fact is the aircraft would have been salvageable even up to some 25 miles - they grab it with a crash truck - as long as the area was still under friendly control.

wwii-spitfire-wreck-077.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56RAF_Roblex
Just now, Krupinskii said:

What's with the 15min bans when entering the server?

 

Did you select an Axis airfield then switch to an Allied airfield (or the other way round)?    Changing sides does that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nope, just joined like any other time, barely got to see the map pop up before it kicked me. Looks like it's happening to a lot of others at least from the technochat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They've got reserved slots Monday afternoons (EST) so anybody who tries to join when it says "Server Full" on the webpage, despite the open slots in the server itself, will get a 15 minute ban.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56RAF_Roblex

 

I certainly get kicked a lot after getting to 100% loaded but before the map comes up.  That is just the problem everyone is having with joining any big servers since the update.   Perhaps in your case you are getting far enough for the map to pop up before it throws you out?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

StG2_Raven_VR

· I was kick from the server and now I’m banned from TAW on the servers list, why?

There is slot reservation system which is used sometimes by TAW developers StG2 and =LG= squadrons. To prevent from joining the server when no free slots are available players are temporarily banned. As soon as some free slots are available again all players are unbanned. If server has no more free slots then there is a message on the TAW main page above the map “Server is full!”. Please wait a while in that case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7.GShAP/Silas

With the Pe-2 early model, does setting the mixture to full before attempting the startup sequence not fix the issue?  It does on other aircraft.  Or is it simply a temperature problem? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RedEye_Miji said:

don't understand this stats.....

 

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=4214&name=RedEye_Miji

 

Friendly fire by an I-16, sometimes a P40 was confused whit BF, (shit happens) but i managed to fly away, heavy damaged, this counts as +1 CM but my new P40 was lost.

You had AK and ended sortie alive so +1 CM but on the other hand you was shot down (lost of ac) and I assume that then mission ended. This is situation I didn't predict. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

=IL2AU=chappyj

Damage can sometimes be catastrophic 

Happens in the spitfire a lot.  You can be 'shot down ' and still fly the rest of your mission for half an hour . Shoot some  people down and land . Still a.c. lost. 

It's when the tail is lost in the spit maybe the same in p40

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, =IL2AU=chappyj said:

currently exactly balanced in the AU primetime  16 v 16

 

Oh that's good to hear as I can't always play in that prime time (Guessing 1800-2100 ish).  However, just logging on (0715 Australian time) and it is 51 Blues against 31 reds, so I guess there is a swing.

Edited by Haza
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had problems with the Login at the TAW page, my password was not accepted; got a new password from the "forget your password" function, but this new one didn't work as well... tried several times without any success - is there something wrong with this function ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Question about Experience:

Not that I am complaining - just trying to understand logic

 

I would have though that my experience should continue to grow until I die or captured, at which point my rank will rest to zero. As long as I am still alive - my rank should not reset after a ditch or bailout in friendly territory.

17 minutes ago, =gRij=ToReRo said:

adming pls 

can somebody tell me why the pilot's statistics are reset if I do not die, I do not understand

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=5293&name==gRiJ=ToReRo

 LOL we were thinking the same thing!

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

-SF-Disarray
4 hours ago, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

With the Pe-2 early model, does setting the mixture to full before attempting the startup sequence not fix the issue?  It does on other aircraft.  Or is it simply a temperature problem? 

 

It didn't seem to have any effect when I was trying to use the plane on Sunday. I don't get how it could have been too cold to start the plane up. It was 20 deg C. I checked both the mission weather report and the in plane gauges. If that is too cold then the plane is useless in most places at most times of year. Something seems broken with the plane, like the start up script is ending just before the engines turn over fully. What this adds to the fun of the game is utterly lost on me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7.GShAP/Silas

Yeah, I did a couple Pe-2 supply flights tonight with a friend and it does not help.  My record was engine #1 refusing to start three times in a row.  Really made me wish to be able to fly supplies in any other aircraft.  A bag of groceries in the I-16 maybe.

  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

JG700_Benek

Siema Katon,

 

pośpiech złym doradcą chciałem zmienić nicka na TAW i dołączyć do Ramma w JG700 ale niedoczytalem i zrobiłem nowe konto. No i dupa nie mogę latać na tym nowym i chyba nie umiem wbić na stare żeby tam zmienić. Mógłbyś usunąć wszystko żebym sobie na nowo zrobił porządek albo zostawić tylko JG700?

 

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot.php?name=JG700_Benek

Link to comment
Share on other sites

StG77_Kondor
12 hours ago, Disarray said:

 

It didn't seem to have any effect when I was trying to use the plane on Sunday. I don't get how it could have been too cold to start the plane up. It was 20 deg C. I checked both the mission weather report and the in plane gauges. If that is too cold then the plane is useless in most places at most times of year. Something seems broken with the plane, like the start up script is ending just before the engines turn over fully. What this adds to the fun of the game is utterly lost on me.


"Making things unnecessarily hard means it's realistic" seems to be the mantra here for some weird things unfortunately. The best is the engines are never even at ambient temperature, in the middle of summer, sitting in the hot sun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Operatsiya_Ivy
45 minutes ago, StG77_Kondor said:


"Making things unnecessarily hard means it's realistic" seems to be the mantra here for some weird things unfortunately. The best is the engines are never even at ambient temperature, in the middle of summer, sitting in the hot sun.

 

I agree with you to a point, especially when talking about tech chat. However cold start was supposed to have an effect on the gameplay as well to prevent people from returning to action too quickly after they got taken out. It slowed down the airfield traffic as well, even though they got more busy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

=IL2AU=chappyj
14 minutes ago, Operation_Ivy said:

 

I agree with you to a point, especially when talking about tech chat. However cold start was supposed to have an effect on the gameplay as well to prevent people from returning to action too quickly after they got taken out. It slowed down the airfield traffic as well, even though they got more busy.

i get why they taw did it. and i dont oppose it IF it works properly. But the problem is it affects literally one aircraft (which is also the transport aircraft) more than all the other aircraft on both sides. for that reason alone i think its pretty silly leaving it in

Link to comment
Share on other sites

StG77_Kondor

Cold engines can take off, depending on plane, on either full power & pitch or just 'combat power'. It's more of an annoyance for both sides, rather than an actual method of slowing people down. I'd rather people have to taxi out of revetments or actual hangars as a way to slow people down. That would cut down on the 'press E and go'. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

-SF-Disarray
2 hours ago, =IL2AU=chappyj said:

i get why they taw did it. and i dont oppose it IF it works properly. But the problem is it affects literally one aircraft (which is also the transport aircraft) more than all the other aircraft on both sides. for that reason alone i think its pretty silly leaving it in

This is doubly important when you consider that this is the only bomber available to the Soviets for some time. The new model of PE 2 isn't available until map 3, and then only in limited numbers. It isn't widely available until map 5 and the A 20 isn't in play until map 6. The Germans already have the bomber edge when everything is working, now they have the only reliable bombers on the server for the next little while.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 Today I saw two schoking chute shooting. First an I-16 shot at a german parachute an 2nd a german shoot at me when I was under my umbrella.

 

.....:(

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest deleted@103832

Is there was a way to code a parameter where if you take off from the same AF you just landed on, in the same aircraft type, you don't have to cold start again?

Edited by deleted@103832
Link to comment
Share on other sites

curiousGamblerr
24 minutes ago, No_501Secu1 said:

 

 Today I saw two schoking chute shooting. First an I-16 shot at a german parachute an 2nd a german shoot at me when I was under my umbrella.

 

.....:(

 

 

Ah yes, the TAW tradition continues :popcorm:

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, StG77_HvB said:

Is there was a way to code a parameter where if you take off from the same AF you just landed on, in the same aircraft type, you don't have to cold start again?

 

It's global parameter for the all airfields. I will check the issue with Pe-2 and cold start.

 

 

9 hours ago, JG700_Benek said:

Siema Katon,

 

pośpiech złym doradcą chciałem zmienić nicka na TAW i dołączyć do Ramma w JG700 ale niedoczytalem i zrobiłem nowe konto. No i dupa nie mogę latać na tym nowym i chyba nie umiem wbić na stare żeby tam zmienić. Mógłbyś usunąć wszystko żebym sobie na nowo zrobił porządek albo zostawić tylko JG700?

 

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot.php?name=JG700_Benek

Widzę, że już sobie poradziłeś.

 

 

19 hours ago, JG7_X_Man said:

Question about Experience:

Not that I am complaining - just trying to understand logic

 

I would have though that my experience should continue to grow until I die or captured, at which point my rank will rest to zero. As long as I am still alive - my rank should not reset after a ditch or bailout in friendly territory.

 LOL we were thinking the same thing!

 

There are minus points for death, capture etc. Check manual.

 

21 hours ago, Geleitzug said:

Had problems with the Login at the TAW page, my password was not accepted; got a new password from the "forget your password" function, but this new one didn't work as well... tried several times without any success - is there something wrong with this function ?

I reset  your password via "forget password" and was able to log in. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

[TWB]Elgonidas
1 hour ago, woodrowwilson_pr said:

Am I supposed to shoot the parachute or the person in it?  I want to make sure I'm doing it right.

To be certain of a kill you should shoot the person. If they're far above ground they can still finish the mission before they die if you shoot the parachute. :)

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

DD_Perfesser
Quote

did a couple Pe-2 supply flights tonight with a friend and it does not help.  My record was engine #1 refusing to start three times in a row.  Really made me wish to be able to fly supplies in any other aircraft.  A bag of groceries in the I-16 maybe.

 

I don't have the early Pe-2 but could it be the same as the A20 problem? Mixture goes to zero?

When you spawn move the mixture control to 100 before you begin the start sequence. 

Edited by DD_Perfesser
Link to comment
Share on other sites

-SF-Disarray

It is a different problem with the early PE-2. The closest I can come to describing it is this: When you are starting up your car and you let the key go just before the starter motor gets the engine itself fully going. It sputters and smokes and almost gets the prop spinning at full idle, then it stops.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

curiousGamblerr
2 hours ago, DD_Perfesser said:

 

I don't have the early Pe-2 but could it be the same as the A20 problem? Mixture goes to zero?

When you spawn move the mixture control to 100 before you begin the start sequence. 

 

To elaborate on Disarray's answer, I've tried closing rads and putting RPM and mix to full, and it was no help. So far my only solution is to try 2-3 times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest deleted@103832

Been in for 2:54 so far for six Pe-2 sorties, and 54 minutes of that time was starting engines lol - - -

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bilbo_Baggins

Hi gents,

 

What are the bomber AI gunners skill set on?

 

They need to do something about these silly cold starts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

hey guys, not sure if someone else posted the solution to playing the recorded tracks, I posted it on the russian speaking forum but not here before.

Because of this bug, you can't even read the server's description when you click on your record.

New IL-2 version doesn't read the symbol % correctly from the file with the server's description.  And the TAW server's description has lot's of % symbols in it. You can find these files (for each supported language) under the track's folder. All files have the same issue so if you use the English version, update that file with the English description, and so on, you just need to update the file that matches your IL-2 version of the game.

So replace this symbol % with something else (it's just a text file) or completely remove all occurrences of it and you should be fine reading and playing it.

Sorry, with my laptop with no game installed, so don't have a good example, but recently the server Berloga after my notes removed all %s in the description and the records from it work fine now. Until the TAW guys update the description with no %s in it, you can fix it by yourself by updating the file.

One example, for the track in Berloga server, this is the file name with the russian description: berloga.rus 

Enjoy)

Edited by 72AGs_Obi
more details
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gents, 

Although I agree that the cold start perhaps is not accurate for the ambient temps nor helpful for some playing the game, I do believe that not allowing all engines to start immediately can be immersive.  I only raise this point as having watched many youtube videos of WW2 aircraft being started during air shows not all of them start immediatly. Therefore, although it does not address the cold start problem, for me it has added to that feeling of dispare that I'm sure must have occurred IRL, unless the modern starting problems are just user issues.  Failing that I guess all engines should be running as the expectation is that the ground crew might have started it for you before you finished your lunch before you scrambled!?

 

Regards

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • SYN_Haashashin locked this topic
  • BlackSix unlocked this topic
  • BlackSix locked and unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...