=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

TAW IS OVER!!

Gratz red team for the victory, very nice battles!  :salute:

Very nice coordination of the blue team on the last maps, pratically steamrolled those commies  :o:

Already anxious for the next TAW, cant go back to that potatos of liberty.... :unsure:

• Upvote 1

Great job everyone! Many thanks =LG= for another fun and immersive campaign!

I'm going to count this as an Axis campaign win, since we lost a map because of a coding bug, which would have put Germans on top at the end. Great job VVS just the same!

I personally would love to fly VVS, but flying against these Odds in a Ground Attacker is just not fun. I had two accounts, I flew 25 Missions for VVS and 95 for LW (majority on Ju-52) because the German Side had larger Squads operating, we had massive Flights of 10+ Aircraft in Coordination and could treat the Server almost as a Co-Op with little to no Opposition. 

We flew massive Raids in 52s, Stukas and 110s with almost complete impunity. 

On the Russian Side I was lucky to find anyone on TS speaking English, and I don't know what they did on there, because they would just fly Solo anyways and just have a pleasant Chat. There was absolutely no Team Spirit there. 

I found a definite Lack of Interest in proper Coordination on the Russian Side. 

And if the TAW Guys decided to Limit Players to one account again, I wouldn't choose the Russian Side for exactly that Reason. 

Edited by 6./ZG26_Klaus-Mann

On the Russian Side I was lucky to find anyone on TS speaking English, and I don't know what they did on there, because they would just fly Solo anyways and just have a pleasant Chat. There was absolutely no Team Spirit there.

This has thankfully become a bit better. Of course not at all hours of the day, but there's a slowly increasing number of people regularly using TS for the Russians, and it's not unusual now to be 4-6 people in there at the same time.

Well said Inkoslav. (referring to the long post above :) )

I personally would love to fly VVS, but flying against these Odds in a Ground Attacker is just not fun. I had two accounts, I flew 25 Missions for VVS and 95 for LW (majority on Ju-52) because the German Side had larger Squads operating, we had massive Flights of 10+ Aircraft in Coordination and could treat the Server almost as a Co-Op with little to no Opposition.

We flew massive Raids in 52s, Stukas and 110s with almost complete impumiry.

Well, there's the rub - when I flew (and many from my squad usually flew) during the NA evening, we often didn't even have 10 players on the red side, whereas on the blue side there were generally 15-20 or more. So we could rarely, if ever, have the luxury of large flights for local air superiority.

I do agree regarding TS, many times I would only see Inkoslav and a few others on the TAW TS, so the rest were either solo or on their own TS (which some of us on our squad would sometimes do as well). We as a squad were trying to utilize the TAW TS more, although the lack of subchannels could sometimes be a hindrance if not everyone was in a large coordinated flight, as opposed to hitting different objectives or CAP'ing elsewhere, etc.

Edited by AKA_Relent

Congrats to red players.

When new campaign will start ?

Ramm.

ps. can you just run another campaign without any changes ??

Edited by JG700_Rammjager

Congrats to the red team. Once again, outnumbered and yet they still find a way to win. 

Thank you LG team! Looking forward to the next one.

*EDIT A reminder to everyone. The shiny Donate button is at the top of the main TAW website. If people can and want to - throw the LG guys a few RM/Sowjet Rubles

Edited by StG77_Kondor
  • Upvote 2

Congrats to red players.

When new campaign will start ?

Ramm.

ps. can you just run another campaign without any changes ??

Sorry but we can't. Have a rest until we finish our work with next campaign and this will take a while as we want to add some serious things.

*EDIT A reminder to everyone. The shiny Donate button is at the top of the main TAW website. If people can and want to - throw the LG guys a few RM/Sowjet Rubles

Well to be honest this always motivates most so if you guys like what we're doing just give us coin or two :salute:

Thank you for this campaign. It was a good one and you guys are always improving it.

Good and bad feedbacks is really better than not all.

Edited by 57.GIAP_Manu653

Thanks to LG & StG2 Team. great thanks to Kathon for his fast trading at a server crash. Also a thank you to the StG2 for the provision of the serverhardware. 

I hope that many more players donate to the project . And many thanks to the previous donor   :salute:

• Upvote 1

Congrats to the red team. Once again, outnumbered and yet they still find a way to win. 

Thank you LG team! Looking forward to the next one.

Thanks to LG & StG2 Team. great thanks to Kathon for his fast trading at a server crash. Also a thank you to the StG2 for the provision of the serverhardware. 

I hope that many more players donate to the project . And many thanks to the previous donor   :salute:

I've donated immediately 35€  :biggrin:

The lack of coordination on TS or even in game chat was definately a big issue when I was playing for the VVS and that made me regret having two accounts at times but if allowed again in the next campaign I'll play for both to balance things out. I had a really good time with Manu and other nice guys I met over TS like Rambo and Necathor when playing for the reds so that was definately a big plus. See you guys next campaign and thank you LG team

• Upvote 3

So can we expect Kuban Map next TAW? Case Blue the so called german summer offensive in 1942 also started into Kuban area. 

Edited by MeoW.Scharfi
  • Upvote 1

So can we expect Kuban Map next TAW? Case Blue the so called german summer offensive in 1942 also starded into Kuban area. 

We will focus in creating Kuban maps.

• Upvote 3

And please, be the Fist ones with a Pubic Server to give us the ability to let the German Soldiers Peel some more Potatoes. 

behalt6.jpg

Brag in Front of their Friends

east-172.jpg

Play with Giant Tampons

0_77eee_cb12eac9_XL.jpg

Pimp their Rides

contenitore06.jpg

And Prank Call the Führer

dropcanister3.jpg

And here we see them loading up Rattles for the younglings at the Front

german+drop+container+%28Dropping+contai

Edited by 6./ZG26_Klaus-Mann
  • Upvote 1

Riksen, DED have come up with a neat system about stacking. Basically, the points are multiplied by the friendly:enemy ratio to both punish stacking and reward the minority team. If this could somehow reflect either on a pilot's aircraft inventory and/or the progress of the ground war in TAW I think things would change a lot.

This is the solution

Looking forwards to the next run of the server. 

As much as we all complain, it was great fun and really gave purpose to the flights.

I enjoyed evading you Jerries and hitting your industrial targets from 6k even when the server was 18:2. :D

As much as we all complain, it was great fun and really gave purpose to the flights.

Got to chime in with this. Although I don't have many posts here they've generally been critical, I can also be quite grumpy on both TS (as Venturi very well knows) and on the Discord servers where I reside, but it's only because I like TAW. It is pretty good, it is the best IL-2 BOX has to offer as it stands, and it has enormous potential. I'm simply really bummed by that it lacks the "equal opportunity" factor, to a great degree because of the community rather than because of the devs.

Big thank you to those in =LG= who host and keep developing TAW.

• Upvote 1

Got to chime in with this. Although I don't have many posts here they've generally been critical, I can also be quite grumpy on both TS (as Venturi very well knows) and on the Discord servers where I reside, but it's only because I like TAW. It is pretty good, it is the best IL-2 BOX has to offer as it stands, and it has enormous potential. I'm simply really bummed by that it lacks the "equal opportunity" factor, to a great degree because of the community rather than because of the devs.

Big thank you to those in =LG= who host and keep developing TAW.

Once again, well said Inkoslav :).

Great job on the campaign set up =LG=, thanks for hosting a premier event.

Thanks to give me opportunity to participate. Guys with little bit polish things going to be looking better and better like always did ;)

Edited by 307_Tomcat

Thank you guys!

I came back to TAW about a month ago. Although I'm an "auto-balancer" by nature and fly any plane/mission, I stayed with my original selection of VVS because of the imbalance issues and hassle I read about having two accounts. 

I look forward to Kuban map and the treats it will bring.

Thanks all for the campaign!

I have killed only one AA ... but why there is one GK in my misison diary and there is not in my personal general GK points?

Thanks all for the campaign!

I have killed only one AA ... but why there is one GK in my misison diary and there is not in my personal general GK points?

It's because you were killed on that sortie.

Is there a summary stats page that gives strategic level information on how a campaign was won? The frount page looks like it describes what happened on the last map, and the stats look like it's information on player activity.

I have just a trivial idea about the plane set. Could be possible to introduced Hs-129 in let say map #3 but restricts the use of Mk canons for first two maps the plane will be available?

• Upvote 1

I have just a trivial idea about the plane set. Could be possible to introduced Hs-129 in let say map #3 but restricts the use of Mk canons for first two maps the plane will be available?

What is the reason ?

Hi, thanks to all the developers team for this great campaign, Great job!! :good:

I leave a video summary, some of Ala13 squadron flight time:

See you in the next campaign,

greetings :drinks:.

PD:  the only point I see to improve is on the issue of balancing teams. Just as frustrating is to fly in inferiority, as flying in superiority with few enemies.

This is complicated, since being a server 24/7,  depends as much on the time in which one flies, as the number of registered players on each side.
But something could be improved, for example by prohibiting registration on a side that surpasses in certain number to the other, allowing it again when both sides are balanced. (obviously restrict the change of side with the same account, to prevent a smart guy from registering on one side and always flying on the other). Trying to distribute first the large and numerous squads and then completing with the solitary players.

Edited by Ala13_armanGT

Hi, thanks to all the developers team for this great campaign, Great job!! :good:

I leave a video summary, some of Ala13 squadron flight time:

See you in the next campaign,

greetings :drinks:.

PD:  the only point I see to improve is on the issue of balancing teams. Just as frustrating is to fly in inferiority, as flying in superiority with few enemies.

This is complicated, since being a server 24/7,  depends as much on the time in which one flies, as the number of registered players on each side.

But something could be improved, for example by prohibiting registration on a side that surpasses in certain number to the other, allowing it again when both sides are balanced. (obviously restrict the change of side with the same account, to prevent a smart guy from registering on one side and always flying on the other). Trying to distribute first the large and numerous squads and then completing with the solitary players.

You want to have more players flying for the VVS side but want to prevent "smart" guys from having two accounts to balance teams when it is needed? I think removing the ability to fly for both sides is a huge mistake and it goes against the idea of having balanced numbers. You complain about unequal numbers but I didnt see Ala guys flying for the other side when it was needed. I get that you guys may want to stick to one side through the whole campaign and Im totally fine with it but at least let the guys who want to fly for both sides have their way as well ...