=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

So what about to have fewer objective airfield and more cities/towns to capture instead?

Just asking. 

I don't get your point. How fewer objective ? I think that number of objectives is good enough for this map size besides we are planning to add few more obj on Stalingrad map and that is why we had to make this map bigger. Bigger maps = map least longer and it gives us new opportunities for new objectives.

I don't get your point. How fewer objective ? I think that number of objectives is good enough for this map size besides we are planning to add few more obj on Stalingrad map and that is why we had to make this map bigger. Bigger maps = map least longer and it gives us new opportunities for new objectives.

Do you guys have a target date in mind for the start of the new campaign Artur ?

Its end of august or beginning of september.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. So long and thats right in the middle of my holidays.

Keep up the good work guys. :salute:

Edited by [CBB]RetroflyAxis

Copy, and what i ment by spread objectives i ment farther away from the airfields, could of worded my question a little bit better.. Thanks for the response.

Seeing as the airfields are some of the objectives you have to have tanks advancing to the airfield and defenses defending the airfield. There's no real way of getting around that, and like the LG guys say other objectives are far away if that's what you want, Factories were always on the opposite ends of the map for example.

Also remember the map changes every 2 hours so its constantly shifting.

Also airfields can be damaged/captured. Sometimes frontline airfields are unusable which immediately increases traveling time.

:sorry:  :sorry:  :sorry:  :sorry:  :sorry:  :sorry:  :sorry:  :sorry:

until september...... will be a long month.

:biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

:sorry:  :sorry:  :sorry:  :sorry:  :sorry:  :sorry:  :sorry:  :sorry:

:biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Yes that last campaign was my first one. Loved it, I feel lost without my TAW fix :)

~S~ =LG=,

Thanks for creating TAW.  I can definitely see TAW running a future campaign once the Pacific theatre comes into play.   :rolleyes: 

~S~ =LG=,

Thanks for creating TAW.  I can definitely see TAW running a future campaign once the Pacific theatre comes into play.   :rolleyes:

Actually that could be really cool, because we could play one theater while there was downtime on the other :)

How can I live this eternity without TAW??

Can't you launch an intermediate "small" campaing for us addicted?

How can I live this eternity without TAW??

Can't you launch an intermediate "small" campaing for us addicted?

Sorry but we can't lunch "small" campaign 'cos we don't have one :P You know only the big ones hehe

Maybe we can test new FM in season X, lol

we plan to switch to VVS in next season, so that will provide us enough time for training. 

III./JG5 going red?! Damn ... we are going to need some serious reinforcements to stop u guys. Could you at least let Georgelee stay blue :)

I think the Nineteenth are flying Luftwaffe next campaign. (In my case that could be a good or a bad thing for the blue team)

I'll be practicing not having to use radiators, prop pitch.. and...well.. pretty much every other control in the cockpit on WoL until then! Can't wait to fly and get shot down in highly refined superior performance aircraft for a change.

I miss TAW. It's like sex and pizza - even when it's bad it's still pretty good.

• Upvote 4

III./JG5 going red?! Damn ... we are going to need some serious reinforcements to stop u guys. Could you at least let Georgelee stay blue :)

After long time flying red =LG= is going to help blue ;-)

I miss TAW. It's like sex and pizza - even when it's bad it's still pretty good.

Don't forget Bacon!  :lol:

If I understand it right there are two types of key points each side has to conquer. One is airfield from which planes can take off and the other is cities. At this moment there are more airfields than cities. What i was talking about it switching the balance a bit. So there would be lets say eight (or even less) active airfields on whole map and the rest of "point of interest" would be made of cities instead.

If I understand it right there are two types of key points each side has to conquer. One is airfield from which planes can take off and the other is cities. At this moment there are more airfields than cities. What i was talking about it switching the balance a bit. So there would be lets say eight (or even less) active airfields on whole map and the rest of "point of interest" would be made of cities instead.

We've been discussing this topic in our team few days ago and the problem is that this actual campaign have been build around airfields and if we would change AF to cities as you think than we have to build brand new campaign from the beginning and this takes a lot of time (~4 to 5 months). Why so long ? Well every one have a job and TAW is our "hobby". Maybe some day we'll do totally new campaign and then I think game will be around cities not airfields.

• Upvote 1

Hahaha, He will be happy when he read your message. The choice depend on himself.

In principle, a squadron stick together, lol. :P

• Upvote 1

just seen a TAW training server on the MP list. is this legit ?

Probably a squad getting reps before the real thing.

no, is a last TAW Map

just seen a TAW training server on the MP list. is this legit ?

was a test

Thank you to Kathon & Friends for this great initiative.

Congratulation for your work, very nice job.

We are waiting for the next one... :good:

As celebration of TAW Campaign, and its Realistic Environment, pls find this great video of IIN8II

SALUTE! :salute:

Cipson

.____________________________________
WINGSofITALY COMBAT WORLD
a better Simulative environment.

Edited by ITA_Cipson
  • Upvote 6

Thank you to Kathon & Friends for this great initiative.

Congratulation for your work, very nice job.

We are waiting for the next one... :good:

As celebration of TAW Campaign, and its Realistic Environment, pls find this great video of IIN8II

SALUTE! :salute:

Cipson

.____________________________________

WINGSofITALY COMBAT WORLD

a better Simulative environment.

salute.png "The Italians", are coming!

logoWings.png

Very cool. Is that what the in game gun camera footage looks like or did you use some other tools ? Really nice !

TAW Training is for a short time online. runing on the same server as the original

Very nice. I will try it.

• Upvote 1

We've been discussing this topic in our team few days ago and the problem is that this actual campaign have been build around airfields and if we would change AF to cities as you think than we have to build brand new campaign from the beginning and this takes a lot of time (~4 to 5 months). Why so long ? Well every one have a job and TAW is our "hobby". Maybe some day we'll do totally new campaign and then I think game will be around cities not airfields.

I just offered an options which came to my mind. Now I understand your point of view. Thanks for the answer.

Just a suggestion - IRL squadrons, etc were given orders over which targets to attack rather than a 'grab a plane and go do what you want'. Is there a way to script some sort of order system based on the squadron/air base? eg. VVS light attack squadrons (IL2) should be tasked with:

i. truck convoy at grid ref xxxx

ii. tanks at grid ref xxxx

same for luftwaffe light attack (JU88). whereas the medium bombers (PE2/JU88/H111) get specific objectives based on squadron. 

Is this doable? 

Just a suggestion - IRL squadrons, etc were given orders over which targets to attack rather than a 'grab a plane and go do what you want'. Is there a way to script some sort of order system based on the squadron/air base? eg. VVS light attack squadrons (IL2) should be tasked with:

same for luftwaffe light attack (JU88). whereas the medium bombers (PE2/JU88/H111) get specific objectives based on squadron. 

Is this doable? 

The commander system will be released with 2.012 at the end of Aug., as the DEV sadi, you can design the mission as a commander in the career mode, but still dont know whether this system can be used in muti game, that would be great if we can.

Campaign sever like TAW will benefit from it, we can attack and defend more efficiently.

Of course, there will be a new problem is, who will be the commander in one round. :lol:

I was thinking more of it being built into the actual online scripting or something eg. when you choose your side, then your airfield then your a/c, you should get a popup message (same as 'fighters spotted in sector xxx') that says: 'Mission tasking is to attack a bridge in grid xxxx'. Whether you do it is up to you obviously. However, aircraft like the H111 would tend to have limited options in terms of what taskings they can get eg. attack factory in grid xxxx or bridge in grid xxxx. 

Its not as good as having an actual online commander however there should be a general structure to the mission taskings. I just think its better to have some sort of more structured approach to taskings so that you aren't wasting your time (aircraft and resources) on bombing a target that isn't really contributing to the overall mission/campaign if you know what i mean. 

eg. if the mission starts, and our front line bases are under attack from both a/c and tanks, basically ALL available resources should be earmarked to defending and/or attacking the enemy bases near it. 

Edited by The_Pharoah

Is this doable? 

We will not say by making script commands what people should attack, its too much beside tasks are written in briefing at map. Also you have to think what targets must be attack first what is the priority etc and you can't script this. Most of pilots fly in squads and they plan routes and targets for themselves. And if you want to ask "what about lone wolves?" I'll say join ts, join discord, just use voice chat because in game chat gives nothing much.

• Upvote 4

I know this is a bit of a longshot but I will give it a go anyway. 

In the current "capture / evade capture" system each team has a certain % to escape when bailing out over enemy territory. Independent of where you are. (plz correct me if I am wrong)

In the past campaigns, I have had some very unlikely events happen when it comes to being captured or not. The most common is where I bailed out barely over the front line far away from any enemy objective (easy 20km in some situations) and somehow, still get captured. Possible but seems very unlikely. 

The next example is a bit more unexpected but is not an isolated incident. During a He111 bombing mission deep behind enemy lines, I had to bail right over an enemy factory, with the pilot and gunners landing inside the town with the factory. For some reason, my guys landed in a Soviet invested town, walked 50+ km back to the front line without being captured. 

So, my question is simple (but hard to implement). Is it possible to create a system where the proximity to an enemy object and the front line are taken into account when determining whether or not you are captured?

I know it would be difficult to implement so for now I would simply like to know if it possible.

BlackHellHound1

:salute:

• Upvote 1

I know this is a bit of a longshot but I will give it a go anyway. 

In the current "capture / evade capture" system each team has a certain % to escape when bailing out over enemy territory. Independent of where you are. (plz correct me if I am wrong)

In the past campaigns, I have had some very unlikely events happen when it comes to being captured or not. The most common is where I bailed out barely over the front line far away from any enemy objective (easy 20km in some situations) and somehow, still get captured. Possible but seems very unlikely. 

The next example is a bit more unexpected but is not an isolated incident. During a He111 bombing mission deep behind enemy lines, I had to bail right over an enemy factory, with the pilot and gunners landing inside the town with the factory. For some reason, my guys landed in a Soviet invested town, walked 50+ km back to the front line without being captured. 

So, my question is simple (but hard to implement). Is it possible to create a system where the proximity to an enemy object and the front line are taken into account when determining whether or not you are captured?

I know it would be difficult to implement so for now I would simply like to know if it possible.

BlackHellHound1

:salute:

List "to do" before next campaign is very long cant promise we'll do something with that but we'll have it in mind ;)

Sorry i might have missed it - is there an ETA on when the next TAW campaign commences? I'm assuming late August?

In end of August devs planning a major update.

So I think new TAW will start a week or two after.

Ramm.

Edited by JG700_Rammjager

In end of August devs planning a major update.

So I think new TAW will start a week or two after.

Ramm.

Yes we know Ramm but still we are planning to run TAW as I said.