=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Thank LG guys for this exceptional beautiful and hard TAW campaing. Thank you for keep working and updated many changes trying to make a balance and joyfully campaign.

For  all that participate thank you, You are an important part and a good sight that all work of TAW developers are great also for IL2 Sturmovik developers.

Darzy, you are right but  dont put all your time on your wife, edition X will come.

And please dont compare RE with TAW both are different worlds.

Good work VVS, thank you to my comrades.

Gracias totales

ECV56_Necathor

• Upvote 3

Discord is still a no go for me because it lacks a whisper functionally like TS3 does. But the initiative is appreciated Artur. Thxs :)

See you in the next campaign.

Discord is still a no go for me because it lacks a whisper functionally like TS3 does. But the initiative is appreciated Artur. Thxs :)

Well Im not saying that we're going to quit teamspeak but im sure that discord will make much more easier to contact with us ;-)
  • Upvote 1

TS usage is abysmal making whispers irrelevant. Not directed at you, at the community. Edited by Banzaii

TS usage is abysmal making whispers irrelevant. Not directed at you, at the community.

TWB and 19th have definitely whispered to one another on TAW on a few occasions, so not entirely. It could obviously be much better tho.

TWB and 19th have definitely whispered to one another on TAW on a few occasions, so not entirely. It could obviously be much better tho.

I do not want to start a discussion about TS vs Discord. Discord lacks Wisper, yes. But u can chat there much better and u can put screenshots in. Just a picture of the map with a red arrow where u are heading is done in seconds.

TS lacks a proper chat. Discord is so far ahead so many other features.

• Upvote 1

With images is there a worry players from the other side my take a sneak peek at the secret documents?

I guess at that point you can start providing false intelligence and decoys. Espionage, a whole new side to IL2 :D

With images is there a worry players from the other side my take a sneak peek at the secret documents?

I guess at that point you can start providing false intelligence and decoys. Espionage, a whole new side to IL2 :D

Not if you need permission/rank to see/join this channel :-)

What about the folks who register two accounts for TAW - how will Discord work for them?  Access to just one channel?

Edited by 19//Tuesday

What about the folks who register two accounts for TAW - how will Discord work for them? Access to just one channel?

I've thought about that and wondered how to skin that cat. I dont think you could ever be 100% sure you wernt being exploited. Even if the rules forced a single side, dudes could switch thier in game name and register with the other side.

1300 pilots registered last campaign and only 30 of them changed side and because of that we consider quiting changing side option.

Sounds fair.

As one of those 30 though, well, crap. :(

Sounds fair.

No more Dienstag for you!

Edited by 19//curiousGamblerr

Just a thought about more realism, but I'm not sure if it would be possible to implement - I just watched this textbook landing by a badly shot up Heinkel

It made me wonder if it is possible to allow people to exit the game after 10 seconds of coming to a halt (or whatever it is) as usual, but make it so that their plane stays there for 15-20 minutes or something to simulate the time it would take the ground crews to skull drag it off the runway? I'm guessing it wouldn't be possible as I'm sure the aircraft disappears when the player exits but it would make things interesting. Having to navigate to an alternate when you are shot up and low on fuel because some knucklehead ground looped his Yak in the middle of the runway would be cool (if you make it).

• Upvote 1

It made me wonder if it is possible to allow people to exit the game after 10 seconds of coming to a halt (or whatever it is) as usual, but make it so that their plane stays there for 15-20 minutes or something to simulate the time it would take the ground crews to skull drag it off the runway? I'm guessing it wouldn't be possible as I'm sure the aircraft disappears when the player exits but it would make things interesting. Having to navigate to an alternate when you are shot up and low on fuel because some knucklehead ground looped his Yak in the middle of the runway would be cool (if you make it).

As long as there's a big sign on the plane with the crasher's name :salute:  

Sounds fair.

Agree, pick a side and stick with it. Edited by Banzaii

Would it be possible to allow 1 change?

I mean the only reason people would do it to cheat is to swap and then swap back again (2 swaps), but if you limit it to 1 then people can change if they make a mistake or just decided to swap.

Another great campaign by TAW. I look forward to the next one! Thanks for all your hard work, guys. It's easy for us to just log in, have fun, and log out without further thought to what went into this. Thank you all so much for your dedication to this community, and without TAW, IL2 would just be another sandbox shooter to me. Salute!

Thanks for the great campaign, i learned a lot during this campaign, on how to be less of a noob and really how to fly better thanks to the great community who were ever so patient with my mostly lackluster performance, and were always willing to give advice. Cant wait for the next one!

Do you plan to reintroduce the buildings in towns and villages all around the map?

Sorry if this was answered so far but what's the reason you deleted them guys?

Thank you.

Do you plan to reintroduce the buildings in towns and villages all around the map?

Sorry if this was answered so far but what's the reason you deleted them guys?

Thank you.

No we will not reintroduce buildings. The reason that we deleted them was and still is good performance (yes, buildings really matters).

OK, I see. I supposed it should be something like this but I'm still curious how the other servers could face such severe performance issue with seemingly no limitations.

Thanks for the answer.

Edited by I./JG1_Pragr

OK, I see. I supposed it should be something like this but I'm still curious how the other servers could face such severe performance issue with seemingly no limitations.

Thanks for the answer.

I get lots of stutters on WoL never had them on TAW even when full. Don't know if its related.

a9305093

really nice video, and music tractament. thx for share.

:)

Agree, good promo for server and game, really nice scenes in there.

Hey Artur, just wondering if you guys are open to suggestions, if so, i would LOVE to see objectives more spread out, to make it more realistic, i LOVED the last compaign but the only downside was that objectives where too close to the airfields.

Hey Artur, just wondering if you guys are open to suggestions, if so, i would LOVE to see objectives more spread out, to make it more realistic, i LOVED the last compaign but the only downside was that objectives where too close to the airfields.

Well with tanks advancing to cities / airfields as part of the preparing airfields for capture mechanic it follows that a great deal of attack and defense is going to be around airfields, exceptions to this could be bridge attacks, and train stations, and of course depots

Also don't forget that those white areas on the map represent supply convoys that you first have to locate somewhere within the area.

Hi. Yes we are open for suggestions but... its a frontline so you have to be prepared for this kind of situations like advancing tanks and def. lines are close to each other. Situation looks much different behind lines where are depots, supply columns and train stations so if you want spread objectives then you have it but behind enemy lines. :)

Also if you think that much spread obj. are realistic than have a look at this map:

e24df4e0159f1d1c405f5b25170bed99.jpg

As you can see it's real WWII Staligrad map. Number of units at frontline is huge and distances between them are small. Of course we can make something similar with number of targets but I bet you want to fly with very good FPS ;)

Edited by =LG=Leutnant_Artur
  • Upvote 3

Hi. Yes we are open for suggestions but... its a frontline so you have to be prepared for this kind of situations like advancing tanks and def. lines are close to each other. Situation looks much different behind lines where are depots, supply columns and train stations so if you want spread objectives then you have it but behind enemy lines. :)

Also if you think that much spread obj. are realistic than have a look at this map:

e24df4e0159f1d1c405f5b25170bed99.jpg

As you can see it's real WWII Staligrad map. Number of units at frontline is huge and distances between them are small. Of course we can make something similar with number of targets but I bet you want to fly with very good FPS ;)

Copy, and what i ment by spread objectives i ment farther away from the airfields, could of worded my question a little bit better.. Thanks for the response.

Copy, and what i ment by spread objectives i ment farther away from the airfields, could of worded my question a little bit better.. Thanks for the response.

oh okay ;) Its impossible to model longer flights because of script (frontline) is dynamic and airfields are static. Lately we have made bigger maps adding additional airfields so you know there's no need to takeoff from frontline airfields ;)

• Upvote 1

oh okay ;) Its impossible to model longer flights because of script (frontline) is dynamic and airfields are static. Lately we have made bigger maps adding additional airfields so you know there's no need to takeoff from frontline airfields ;)

So what about to have fewer objective airfield and more cities/towns to capture instead?

Just asking. 

Edited by I./JG1_Pragr

I never posted it here. But in the last campaign we had a rare event happening above us. a partial solar eclipse.

2017_6_1__20_24_39.jpg

Knowing that there is a astronomy engine in the background of BoS I checked some websites, and yes there was a solar eclipse over Russia on the 21.09.1941 visible from Moscow.

Edited by DerSheriff
  • Upvote 8

I never posted it here. But in the last campaign we had a rare event happening above us. a partial solar eclipse.

2017_6_1__20_24_39.jpg

Knowing that there is a astronomy engine in the background of BoS I checked some websites, and yes there was a solar eclipse over Russia on the 21.09.1941 visible from Moscow.

Nah . . . . Really ? 

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1