Jump to content
=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, =LG=Flogger said:

Gents,

 

To the end of this week u will be our guests so pls be patient for day, maybe two ;)

 

Thank you!

 

Jim-Carrey-Thumbs-Up.gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new TAW campaign starts on 16.09.18 Sunday European morning.

 

Not much changes this time:

  • Tanks spawning algorithm has been tuned. Destruction of depots and captured cities have lower impact on frequency of tanks spawning. It also works now in slightly different way. We will test it during this campaign.
  • Buildings and towns on Stalingrad maps (work still in progress but I hop I will have done it before #4 map)
  • Rain during negative temperatures on Kuban map fixed.
  • Sorties “On ground” aren’t counted in statistics.

 

 

Good luck!

:salute:

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, =LG=Kathon said:

Sorties “On ground” aren’t counted in statistics

 

What does this mean? Oh and I am very excited! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, SCG_X-Man said:

 

What does this mean? Oh and I am very excited! 

When you spawn on an airfield and despawn 2 minutes later it showed up in the stats as a sortie, correct me if I am wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, =FSB=Man-Yac said:

When you spawn on an airfield and despawn 2 minutes later it showed up in the stats as a sortie, correct me if I am wrong.

 

 Ahhh! I have always wondered why my sorties never equaled my takeoffs.I guess that's the reason why LOL

Edited by SCG_X-Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

 

This TAW will be my "getting back into stuff" thing.  Ill be flying Red and I'll be largely flying the PE2 at first most probably. Im currently without a mic and wont have one for a few more days.

 

So - dumb question - given I lack coms and will more of a liability to anyone I try to fly with without, what can I do as lone bomber pilot for a week or so?  No intention of lone wolfing ground attacks so it'll be largely level bombing. Which general targets best aid the overall effort (if any). 

 

Cheers

BOO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, BOO said:

Hi

 

This TAW will be my "getting back into stuff" thing.  Ill be flying Red and I'll be largely flying the PE2 at first most probably. Im currently without a mic and wont have one for a few more days.

 

So - dumb question - given I lack coms and will more of a liability to anyone I try to fly with without, what can I do as lone bomber pilot for a week or so?  No intention of lone wolfing ground attacks so it'll be largely level bombing. Which general targets best aid the overall effort (if any). 

 

Cheers

BOO

Hey. I was flying with many squadrons like IRRE or JG5 on long range level bombing without voice comms and it is possible and very fun so try that when you will see them.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, BOO said:

Hi

 

This TAW will be my "getting back into stuff" thing.  Ill be flying Red and I'll be largely flying the PE2 at first most probably. Im currently without a mic and wont have one for a few more days.

 

So - dumb question - given I lack coms and will more of a liability to anyone I try to fly with without, what can I do as lone bomber pilot for a week or so?  No intention of lone wolfing ground attacks so it'll be largely level bombing. Which general targets best aid the overall effort (if any). 

 

Cheers

BOO

 

Join the TAW TeamSpeak channel with Cpt_Siddy.  Chances are I'll be there too.  I fly Pe-2 90% of the time.  At least you'll be able to get information from us on where the enemy might be and possibly we can still coordinate flights until you get a mic.   We can always use more cats for the Cat Herd!  (We'll explain the joke when we see you.)  :salute:

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JG5_Zesphr said:

Is it possible to swap sides before it starts?

You can make a new pilot with a new username, you will have to change username on IL-2 as well though

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new TAW campaign starts on 16.09.18 Sunday European morning.   Just thought I would say Good morning everyone.  :)

F5, F5, F5, F5,F5, F5, F5, F5,F5, F5, F5, F5,F5, F5, F5, F5,F5, F5, F5, F5...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2018 at 12:23 AM, =LG=Kathon said:

The new TAW campaign starts on 16.09.18 Sunday European morning.

 

Not much changes this time:

  • Tanks spawning algorithm has been tuned. Destruction of depots and captured cities have lower impact on frequency of tanks spawning. It also works now in slightly different way. We will test it during this campaign.

 

Hi Kathon, can you check this, from mission log, i see german panzer destroyed, but they advance, and close the near AF by proximity

 

 

TAW mission 3.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am going to fly axis, I have been flying axis pretty much all the time lately. Gunna keep that going. Will be on the teamspeak in a bit hoping to group up with some people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RedEye_Miji said:

Hi Kathon, can you check this, from mission log, i see german panzer destroyed, but they advance, and close the near AF by proximity

 

 

TAW mission 3.jpg

There were 2 collums

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to see another campaign up again. Sadly, I've experienced a strange bahaviour today. I renewed the registration on TAW page on Friday and confirmed LW. Everything seems right but when I tried to join server an hour ago, I was kicked and banned twice. First when I selected German AF, second time about 5 seconds after I got on the map. No details provided, just the message "You were disconnected from the server". Any idea what went wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not strange at all:

 

· I was kick from the server and now I’m banned from TAW on the servers list, why?

There is slot reservation system which is used sometimes by TAW developers StG2 and =LG= squadrons. To prevent from joining the server when no free slots are available players are temporarily banned. As soon as some free slots are available again all players are unbanned. If server has no more free slots then there is a message on the TAW main page above the map “Server is full!”. Please wait a while in that case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 307_Tomcat said:

Guys  mission was lagging, planes were moving erratic.

 

Yes ... I got that too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was flying with some of the SCG guys and the lag was insane. Worst lag I've seen online in Il2. Planes that looked like they were going 200kph were really doing 400.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

My cats, assemble! 

Sorry we missed you.  In your absence, however, we fought the good fight and prevented Axis from making any meaningful headway in spite of being outnumbered 4:1 at one point. :salute:

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really feel like campaigns are won overnight. Axis was on offensive entire day and struggled to get one airfield. I check server and we lost two during European night time.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, 15th_JonRedcorn said:

Was flying with some of the SCG guys and the lag was insane. Worst lag I've seen online in Il2. Planes that looked like they were going 200kph were really doing 400.

 Exactly, I was diving on one i16 then attacked another one but both were like not moving , I overshoot both , relative speed was not right , it never happend before. I come back and attacked another one, already  pissed off and he  just hang in thin air and I ram him but he was ok , I just lost the prop .Sorry. One more thing those i16 don't even try to evade , like they never noticed me on 6 hehehe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being that Germany couldn't bring trains to Moscow due to the rail system using two different track widths, I'm going to assume Axis trains on the map represent captured Russian locomotives and carriages.  

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mobile_BBQ said:

Sorry we missed you.  In your absence, however, we fought the good fight and prevented Axis from making any meaningful headway in spite of being outnumbered 4:1 at one point. :salute:

Looking back its hilarious that during that mission they destroyed 5 fewer ground targets than we did.:lol:

Edited by Garven_Dreis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, SCG_Riksen said:

Not strange at all:

 

· I was kick from the server and now I’m banned from TAW on the servers list, why?

There is slot reservation system which is used sometimes by TAW developers StG2 and =LG= squadrons. To prevent from joining the server when no free slots are available players are temporarily banned. As soon as some free slots are available again all players are unbanned. If server has no more free slots then there is a message on the TAW main page above the map “Server is full!”. Please wait a while in that case.

 

4 minutes ago, =ARTOA=Bombenleger said:

tried to join the server and got kicked and banned, whats up with that?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, =ARTOA=Bombenleger said:

tried to join the server and got kicked and banned, whats up with that?

It's obvious isn't it. Your reputation proceeded you and the server responded accordingly.

 

Not really.. just kidding. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Speedbird52 said:

I just registered for TAW. How do I get in on the action?

Make sure your registered name is identical to your forum/in-game name.  Check the original post to find the TAW TeamSpeak channel if you so desire.  Join comms with team mates. 

Join the TAW server when there's an open slot.  Keep your TAW pilot stats page handy to see what planes you can fly or have lost. 

 

edit: Reading the online manual - available on TAW main page - is a good idea too.

Edited by Mobile_BBQ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, SCG_Riksen said:

Not strange at all:

 

· I was kick from the server and now I’m banned from TAW on the servers list, why?

There is slot reservation system which is used sometimes by TAW developers StG2 and =LG= squadrons. To prevent from joining the server when no free slots are available players are temporarily banned. As soon as some free slots are available again all players are unbanned. If server has no more free slots then there is a message on the TAW main page above the map “Server is full!”. Please wait a while in that case.

It's not my case it seems. I logged to the server few minutes ago, there were less than 10 players online. Still I was kicked form the server while I was selecting the plane and load when there was 60 player online (according to the in game server list).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×