Jump to content
PatrickAWlson

PWCG Bug Reports

Recommended Posts

Just an observation fwiw...

 

Have been flying my Spit Kuban Campaign a fair amount of the day.

6 total missions.

Only 2 had enemy AI.

The 4 that did not were comprised of the following:

Patrol

Low Altitude Patrol

Intercept

Escort

 

The two that had enemy AI were great, but those four without made for a long day.

 

Error generating mission:

See attached.

This seems to happen to me each time after scrubbing a mission. I get a mission I choose not to fly ( like attack shipping), so I select to scrub the mission.

After scrubbing I click on mission again to check the next one, and get this error. Usually after that the next one gives me a mission.

 

PWCGErrorLog.zip

Edited by dburne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using 5.03:

 

I can't confirm it, but I do think scrubbing a mission and selecting a new one (especially if you scrub multiple times before selecting the mission type you want) causes no enemy ai to appear. Tonight we flew four missions, and scrubbed one of them. That one that was scrubbed had no contacts and we were a flight of six. I'm pretty sure at least one of us would have seen them.

 

 

Scrubbed Mission.zip

 

 

Looking at the mission, only two 109s spawned and four ju52s (who are really really far away). I think the 109s got killed by our friendly Ai before we got to them, and we never ran into the ju52s in the South as we were told to fly NorthWest along the border. 

 

 

Maybe it's the mission settings I have? This is what I have for mission limits:

 

image.thumb.png.0f22e19a4493f908890cb18b2272aec7.png

 

 

Shouldn't there be at least three flights (max enemy flights at 3)? And more enemy fighters (max fighters at 20)? If there's a setting I need to adjust, let me know. In the other missions, we would run into 8-12 bombers or 12-14 fighters with another set of 4 jumping us as we were dogfighting the first set - stuff like that was awesome and everyone enjoyed it. Then we ran the deep penetration mission here, and 40mins passed without incident. While probably very realistic, it wasn't entirely entertaining for the limited 2-3 hour window everyone had for playing during the weekly campaign. 

 

Anyway, I'll stop - I don't want to sound like I'm bitching because this coop campaign generator is the best thing since sliced bread, and its making for a great little league-like night for us flyboys. Thank you for everything!

Edited by [TWB]Sketch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ran a Co-Op, found a problem I believe it's been touched upon?

 

Vinnie was wounded and was placed on medical leave for 67 days, Eagle was slightly wounded and placed on medical leave for 47 days yet the next generated mission put Vinne back in on a mission. Is there away to get the Campaign Generator to see medical leave?

 

 

debugpilotsinjured2.thumb.jpg.a8718833c272de631000093699336eee.jpg

 

both pilots on medical leave, 

debug5.01beta1.thumb.jpg.621831413f93a368348673892f7650de.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Max Enemy Flights means just that - that is the maximum number of enemy flights that PWCG will include.  It is not the number that you will encounter.  

Max fighter flights is a modifier on maximum flights.  There is no reason to have that greater than maximum enemy flights. 

 

Max enemy planes is the maximum number that will be allowed to spawn in a mission.  IMHO 20 is fine.

 

In your case I would raise min enemy flights from 3 to 5 or 6.  That might be the most important setting.

I would raise max enemy flights to 7 or 8.  

 

I'm pretty sure that scrubbing does not have any negative effects.  When you scrub a mission PWCG wipes the whole mission and builds a new one from scratch.  

@71st_AH_Mastiff

Issue noted. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool, and thanks @PatrickAWlson. I'll make those changes as you suggested. You should join us in some flights; we'd be happy to have you. Our next event is Saturday at 4pm Eastern if you're interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is there any way to make it where we can have in the Co-Op like assign different groups of aircraft like you can do with single player Co-Op assignments or Mission, in other words they have the generic version in there with different plane sets assigned. i.e I4 I16s, 4 IL 2 1942, and 4x Mig-3. in one mission Co-Op.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 71st_AH_Mastiff said:

is there any way to make it where we can have in the Co-Op like assign different groups of aircraft like you can do with single player Co-Op assignments or Mission, in other words they have the generic version in there with different plane sets assigned. i.e I4 I16s, 4 IL 2 1942, and 4x Mig-3. in one mission Co-Op.

 

Not sure if I am answering the question, but you can fly whatever is in your squadrons inventory, which may or may not be mixed.

 

If you are asking can you assign players to many different flights from different squadrons in the mission - not yet.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had the chance to fly 5 missions today in the current beta and had a mostly great experience. Flying G4's with JG52 at Stalingrad, now in late August. I encountered enemy in each mission except a ground attack mission in which I was glad not to see Russian fighters. Flew 2 intercepts, 2 ground attack and an escort. In one of the intercepts we engaged IL2's and their escort. I downed an IL2 and 3 more were killed by others of our flight. Later, on the way home we were jumped by Mig 3's and engaged in quite a nice furball in which I got one of the migs. They got one of ours and then it was over. Very fun mission.

 

Issues encountered included one ground attack mission on a train in which my guys would not leave our field. They turned on their lights but never took off. Scrubbed the mission and it didn't happen again after that. I also had one error message pressing the mission button but I pressed it again and a mission was generated. Also, saw almost zero anti aircraft fire in any mission. Ground is set to medium and random ground activity is off because it seems to slow things down too much for me. Would think medium would generate some AAA.

 

In any event PWCG continues to get better and better and still the only way I play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Multiple smoke objects are floating over the ground. PWCG Version: 4.2.1

 

w7b3RV1.png

 

p7BdZ5F.png

 

QiYzNLt.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Patrick, 

today i founed new campaign on Kuban map. This was the message I got.

PWCG version is 4.2.1. Moscow and Stalingrad maps works well in my different campaigns.

 

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

error.jpg

Edited by Columbar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today another 4 missions. In one intercept no enemy. Interestingly, I had another no takeoff mission. Coincidentally it was a train attack mission which was also the mission yesterday when I reported the earlier no takeoff mission. In case it matters the campaign is a holdover from 4.2...

 

two other missions an intercept and a ground attack vs enemy troops. Those two were excellent!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Columbar

Is the error consistent?  If yes, reinstall. That error is issued if PWCG cannot find a map.  That should not happen with a correct installation.

 

The "map pack" part is outdated (by years).  There is no map pack anymore as it all comes with the download.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moscow, I. JG52 on Bf-109 F4, Sychevka Airfield.

 

Squadron is not cleared to take off and rests on runway. I am not the squadron leader.

 

No idea where this comes from. Got this problem since 3 or 4 missions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kloetesatch93 said:

Moscow, I. JG52 on Bf-109 F4, Sychevka Airfield.

 

Squadron is not cleared to take off and rests on runway. I am not the squadron leader.

 

No idea where this comes from. Got this problem since 3 or 4 missions.

 

Are you running 4.2.1 or the 5.0 beta? I think I have a fix in the beta, but it's not in 4.2.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Murleen, I noted last Saturday and Sunday 2 ground attack missions were no take offs. I was not the leader and all planes turned on their lights but never took off. They were both train attacks but I had another train attack mission later that went off perfectly. This was on the Stalingrad map August 42 jg52 flying 109 g2's. The version was the current 5.0... beta. For me at least the no takeoff is still an occasional issue. Hope this helps. 

Edited by TheSNAFU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TheSNAFU said:

Murleen, I noted last Saturday and Sunday 2 ground attack missions were no take offs. I was not the leader and all planes turned on their lights but never took off. They were both train attacks but I had another train attack mission later that went off perfectly. This was on the Stalingrad map August 42 jg52 flying 109 g2's. The version was the current 5.0... beta. For me at least the no takeoff is still an occasional issue. Hope this helps. 

 

What airfield do you see this on? I suspect this is an issue in the taxi paths/airfield layout, so would depend on airfield and takeoff direction. If you can post a mission file where this happens, that would help to diagnose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The airfield was Evlampievsy or Kumovka. My squadron was moved from Kumovka but I'm not sure where it happened but whichever it was the same field both times it happened. No mission file they were deleted. If it happens again I'll post the mission. Thx for all your work. Pat has been amazing in the time he has invested in making PWCG elite and it's nice to see him get some help. Your work has advanced the experience a lot. 

Edited by TheSNAFU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been using the latest 5.03 beta. Flying jg52, Moscow map, second mission in the career. Two of us taking off from runway. The leader turns on his lights and the game locks. I get an object error box popping up on the screen. Tried it about five times. Same results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CDRSEABEE said:

I have been using the latest 5.03 beta. Flying jg52, Moscow map, second mission in the career. Two of us taking off from runway. The leader turns on his lights and the game locks. I get an object error box popping up on the screen. Tried it about five times. Same results.

 

What object?  I spent the better part of a week redoing the vehicles code, mostly so I could put all of the vehicles into a test mission and run it.  If there are still incorrectly defined vehicles I am going to be  a little pissed off (with myself).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

 

What object?  I spent the better part of a week redoing the vehicles code, mostly so I could put all of the vehicles into a test mission and run it.  If there are still incorrectly defined vehicles I am going to be  a little pissed off (with myself).

I don't know/or remember. Does the error message give me a clue? At work now, will try again when I get home. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CDRSEABEE said:

I don't know/or remember. Does the error message give me a clue? At work now, will try again when I get home. 

It generally tells you the name of the object that caused the crash.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2018 at 7:11 AM, PatrickAWlson said:

It generally tells you the name of the object that caused the crash.  

Tried the same mission just now flying I/jg52 from Dugino. This time I didnt get an error message. The flight leader turns on his nav lights and we just sit there. No errors. He doesnt move. I can take off but he doesn't.

 

Tried twice same results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CDRSEABEE said:

Tried the same mission just now flying I/jg52 from Dugino. This time I didnt get an error message. The flight leader turns on his nav lights and we just sit there. No errors. He doesnt move. I can take off but he doesn't.

 

Tried twice same results.

 

Can you post the mission file here, I can take a look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

I have problem in my campaign JG 51 with transition to new type of aircraft - BF109 to FW190. In campaign screen there is written that squadron is flying FW190 but in equipement and in generated missions are still BF 109 F4. When I start new campaign in this date there is FW190 which is ok.

 

Here I am posting whole my campaign folder.

JG51.zip

By the way: Is it complicated to code more mission in one day? Mostly in time of great battles (e.g. operation Uranus etc.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Columbar said:

Hi guys,

I have problem in my campaign JG 51 with transition to new type of aircraft - BF109 to FW190. In campaign screen there is written that squadron is flying FW190 but in equipement and in generated missions are still BF 109 F4. When I start new campaign in this date there is FW190 which is ok.

 

Here I am posting whole my campaign folder.

JG51.zip

By the way: Is it complicated to code more mission in one day? Mostly in time of great battles (e.g. operation Uranus etc.)

 

Thanks for the report - miss on my part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am getting this object unidentified message too. I didnt report it because I didnt know for sure it was PWCG related but now it appears it may be. I have seen it pop up immediately after entering a mission and in the most recent case it showed up about a 1/2 hour into a long mission. Like Columbar it does not crash the game or mission and as soon as it is closed everything runs normally. 

Edited by TheSNAFU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am using lots of mods, so maybe they causes the problem. I´ve started new campaign 1/4/42 Jg 51 and flew 4 missions without this tab. It is on Stalingrad map. Today I will check Moscow map and we will see if it is connected with map.

 

When the message shows again I will post mission file here.

Edited by Columbar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In every case I have seen the object unidentfied message it was on the Stalingrad map. 

Edited by TheSNAFU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, TheSNAFU said:

In every case I have seen the object unidentfied message it was on the Stalingrad map. 

 

I am getting it consistently on Moscow.  I am pretty sure that it is airfield related.  I usually get it immediately after mission start.  One time I did not get it at my field I got it when I flew over an enemy field.  It is also a new issue, so it is related to a recent change.  Plan to do some bug fixing this Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leave function seems to be broken. On date 13/5/42 I´ve requested leave (entered 7 in column) and it was still 13/5/42. No message reject leave. Whole screen looks strange.

bug 2.jpg

Edited by Columbar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my experience the problem with leave happened using a career I carried over from a pre 5.. version. After I created a new campaign leave worked properly and I assume the new version isn't completely backwards compatible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...