PatrickAWlson

PWCG Bug Reports

3 hours ago, yeikov said:

Version 5.04: my flight doesn't takeoff at start of the attached mission. Leader requests permission to taxi (?), but it's rejected due to busy runway. In the previous mission of the same campaign (in the same airfield) it was the same, but I was number 4 in the flight and just advancing a little triggered the leader to move to its start position (he basically turned 360 deg, and nobody else "taxied"). This didn't work in the attached mission (I was number 3), so it may be something related to the start position of the last wingman.

Mission_no_TO_504.zip

47 minutes ago, dburne said:

Taxi to runway has been implemented now? I did not realize that!

Taxiing to the runway is experimental.  It is not 5.0.4.  For those interested, download it and help Murleen debug it.  If you are not interested in cold start stick with 5.0.4.

7 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Taxiing to the runway is experimental.  It is not 5.0.4.  For those interested, download it and help Murleen debug it.  If you are not interested in cold start stick with 5.0.4.

Looking at the issue, Yeikov's problem isn't on taxiing, but an issue with the airfield taxi paths for Davydovskiy - the planes start on the runway, but think they need to taxi, so request taxi permission, which is denied because they're blocking the runway. I'll try and update the chart for this airfield.

On 11/9/2018 at 10:10 PM, Sire said:

Murlen 

Heres a Zipfile        ( about no credit ) 

and thanx  

jagdkampff201811092311986.zip

Before I go to the bar , order a pint .....don't talk so much and listen to the others flight 🤥......😁

Heres a pic of my map , and I'm almost sure it was my shooting plane go down 

In here my name in Hans in the game , but I don't think it should be something 

In briefing it's noticed a damage a plane , but no more ...so 

Thanks 🤙👍😁

4D893FC6-BF81-409F-8698-39ED9E38C19F.jpeg

Unfortunately the zip file is corrupt, so I can't test in PWCG - could you zip up your campaign directory? Looking at the log file, the kill is uncredited. I think this has been happening more in 3.006, when e.g. you set a plane on fire and then the pilot bails out - the cause of the kill is listed as bailout rather than the damage you caused. PWCG has some heuristics to spot this kind of case and still award the kill, but one of my earlier updates has caused it to stop working. I have a patch in testing, I'll try to get this finished off and submitted.

• Thanks 1

@Murleen Apologies for the confusion on my part.  I saw taxi and figured that the experimental download was being used.  Never occurred to me that the game might think that planes lined up on the runway - clearly not starting in parked mode - would feel the need to taxi.

4 hours ago, Sire said:

Murleen 

I dont understand about zip campaign directory ...

BUt I have made a new file , and hope its workin 

But no strezz if youre working on it  ...🍺:dance:

Kampftrupff201811131711425.zip

Sorry, I meant zip up your PWCGCampaign/Campaigns/kampftrupff directory

and Sorry .... I dont get it  .....

You mean my fil structure ??

Here a a zip of my kampftrupff , not the error - but the Campaigns/kampftrupff fil  ......if thats what you mean 

Kampftrupff.zip

On 11/13/2018 at 9:17 PM, Sire said:

and Sorry .... I dont get it  .....

You mean my fil structure ??

Here a a zip of my kampftrupff , not the error - but the Campaigns/kampftrupff fil  ......if thats what you mean 

Kampftrupff.zip

Yep, that's what I was looking for, thanks!

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Murleen said:

Yep, that's what I was looking for, thanks!

OK, I figured out what your issue is - when you created the campaign you accidentally put a space on the end of your pilot name, which means it never matches in the log parser, so the game assumes you're a ground unit. PWCG should probably prevent this, but you can fix your campaign by editing PWCGCampaign\Campaigns\Kampftrupff\Personnel\20112052.json and removing the trailing space in "Sire "

Thansen , - ill take a look at it later 

Funny thing is it happened last 2 I maked ... 

I'll give it a try  👍

Thansen = thanks 🙄😆 

And now ..... In a very short moment  .....I feel I'm an old clever man 😆

Later ( when I have pushed my son away from the pc ) , I will fly a trip and try too shoot a Russian pilot down 👍😁

99447A17-6424-400E-B325-90F779516A4C.jpeg

The Squad-ID is for the 21 GC - name is for the 22 GC 

"squadronId": 20115021,
  "name": "22 Gruppo Caccia",

" > now its working< "    👍

I got 2 victory  ........ And allso written in the page 

But I really had 2 run away home in my damaged BF4  with 4 red plane after me ...

I guess they wanted to kill me 😵

My AA shoot one plane down and I made a bad landing , that destroyed my plane ...but I'm ok and will go to the pub , order a beer and talk about my flight with the others pilots 

Thanks 👍😁

5DE60E27-BD82-4742-A37F-66F6BF987912.jpeg

Hello, I am new to PWCG, and tonight I am trying to install it and make a campaign for my friend and I. I installed step by step with the video linked, and when I try to select VVS or Luftwaffe, it gives me an error and tells me to report it to the ROF forum, which I assume just means I need to bring it here. It is attached below. It'll let me create an Italian campaign, but neither of the two other buttons work.  

I'm really at a loss as what to do, so hopefully someone here can help. 

PWCGErrorLog.txt

Bug Report:

After Pilot gets serious wounded PWCG wont generate futher missions. Error Message =0 popps up.

Hope I have the right files attached.

Btw...is it possible to restore my campaign by hand,or is this specific campaign lost, due to the bug?

SovietCampaignStalingrad201811240311266.zip

One thing I have noticed with 5.0.4.

My kills credited by PWCG do not always match what the game credits me with.

Last flight I flew a Patrol, we came across a flight of JU-87's. That was all we came across.

I got three of them, and the game credited me with 3 kills.

PWCG however denied me one of them, only crediting me with two.

I think this is the second or third time I have run across this now. No biggie, just an observation.

1 hour ago, dburne said:

One thing I have noticed with 5.0.4.

My kills credited by PWCG do not always match what the game credits me with.

Last flight I flew a Patrol, we came across a flight of JU-87's. That was all we came across.

I got three of them, and the game credited me with 3 kills.

PWCG however denied me one of them, only crediting me with two.

I think this is the second or third time I have run across this now. No biggie, just an observation.

Same here, so far it's on the Kuban map in various campaigns.  Have not flow on the other maps yet in order to see if it is map related.

Salute !!!

Fresh install of Great Battles and here is the error report.   When I try to choose which side to fly I get:   "No older planes found for archtype
    at pwcg.campaign."

Did I really screw this up?

AD

PWCGErrorLog.txt

Same here, after get wounded couldn´t generate next mission.

Could we have a DD for PWCG? Are you planning to add skin features?

2 hours ago, Almenas said:

+1

7 hours ago, Almenas said:

I think you need to take a leave in order to let your wounds to heal. Try a weeks leave and see if that works, if not you may have a serious enough injury to require a longer leave.

10 hours ago, Taxman said:

I think you need to take a leave in order to let your wounds to heal. Try a weeks leave and see if that works, if not you may have a serious enough injury to require a longer leave.

So this is how it works. Thanks.

23 hours ago, Almenas said:

DD - I will post something.  Remember that I am doing this in my spare time so there will not necessarily be anything new in any given week :)

As for skins, the features already exist (I admit that there may be a bug fix or two caused by latest changes).  What does not exist are organized skin pack downloads with clear explanations of every skin.  If I had a spreadsheet that listed skin name, aircraft. dates of skin use, and notes on the skin (squadron, individual skin or generic livery,  etc.) them skins would appear.  In RoF there are thousands of skins mapped to the game.  So it's a data problem at this point, one that I would love to tackle but cannot manage by myself.  For RoF Panthercules and others did a lot of heavy lifting with regard to skins.

I complete a wildly successful mission in which I shot down at least 3 IL2 41's. The game credited me with 4. I ran the combat report in PWCG and reported 3 IL2 41's. PWCG denied my claims but said it was for 3 migs. Mission file attached.  

Operation Blau 1942-05-22.zip

Thanks dburne and TheSNSFU,  I've run into the same situation.  Mission report in game shows 4 shot down but I know that is only 2 for me, the other 2 are my wing mates.  I look at the in game map before before making my claims, but even by doing that things get messed up.  Maybe fog of war?:(  

28 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

I can analyze what happened but I need the mission logs more than anything else.

From a few logs I've looked at, I think there are two aspects:

- Since around 3.006, the game more often records kill events in the log as unattributed (e.g. if you shoot a plane, it catches fire and the pilot bails out, I guess the log considers the bailout the reason for the kill, not the fire you started)

- An earlier change I submitted for PWCG which increased the amount of info the game dumped into the log ended up breaking part of the fuzzy kill detection - previously if a plane was damaged by the player and then went down, the player could claim it. With the extra log info, this tracking got confused and generally didn't identify for unattributed kills that the player caused the damage.

I think PR 25 (https://github.com/PWCGDeveloper/PWCGCampaign/pull/25) ought to fix this - certainly I don't seem to have seen this issue in my missions running with this patch.

PWCG 5.0.4

Flying a Spitfire Kuban Campaign.

Last two missions (5/24/43 and 5/25/43) have had our flight taking off from enemy side of the field.

Mission files attached.

dburne Spit One 1943-05-24.zip

6 minutes ago, dburne said:

PWCG 5.0.4

Flying a Spitfire Kuban Campaign.

Last two missions (5/24/43 and 5/25/43) have had our flight taking off from enemy side of the field.

Mission files attached.

dburne Spit One 1943-05-24.zip

What do you mean by enemy side?

16 minutes ago, Murleen said:

What do you mean by enemy side?

Red side of the lines.

Just now, dburne said:

Red side of the lines.

Your airfield has the front line running through it?

1 minute ago, Murleen said:

Your airfield has the front line running through it?

No the airfield is stationed across the front line in enemy territory - at least I think, could be having a senior moment.

Just now, dburne said:

No the airfield is stationed across the front line in enemy territory - at least I think, could be having a senior moment.

Ah, OK, I understand. I'll take a look.

1 hour ago, Murleen said:

Ah, OK, I understand. I'll take a look.

Thanks!

I’m playing a campaign with jg3 in early November 42 at Stalingrad. My squadron has 2 g4’s and the rest g2’s. In skin management pwcg shows each pilot with g4’s and doesn’t show the g2’s so I can’t assign skins to most of the squadron since they’re flying g2’s. Earlier in the campaign both models were available. It seems pwcg thinks the unit has all g4’s. Any solution to this or is it a bug?  

Edited by TheSNAFU