Han

Game version 1.105 discussion: Bf 110 E-2, Tanks, Mouse Control

I play daily since the patch and all I've noticed so far are questions about tank control.

Also I don't get this "Must be WT 10 years children came bto IL-2 becouse of mouse control"

How do you know? I can't see why persons like that would ever leave WT arcade instant action with hundreds planes just becouse they add similar control option.

Back in the old days people would say that anyone who exhibited bad behaviour was "from Counterstrike".  Now we have War Thunder.

I'm a WT player but also a long-time simmer since the 90's. Nowadays I prefer mouse/keyboard for all my games.I couldn't hit a thing with the joystick in BoS but now I'm playing it again thanks to the new control method.

I have to say that last night during MP I was constantly attacked whilst taking off,never had that before.I had to leave in the end.

It would be interesting to have an option to see on the spawn screen who is using mouse control.

I can honestly say, I haven't seen this bad behavior over the last few days. What I have seen is a wider range of servers being populated than ever before. If the price of kicking MP into a higher gear is a few mal-adjusted teenagers, then I'm willing to pay.

Besides, I really don't get the "kids these days" attitude. It was exactly the same back when I was a teen playing the first incarnation of Counter Strike (Jeez! That was before some of these kids we're talking about were even born. I'm old :( )

I'm just glad to have opponents in MP.

Do you fly under a different name? I've honestly never seen you online since the sim was released.

Tanks with 3dvision

Hi the tanks are a great addition. The driver station is well rendered in 3D. The gunner station however is not unfortunately. i hope this is addressed in next patch. Thanks

Is mouse control available on WOL?

It wont be on any server I host that's for sure :)

Question (coming back from some holidays): How can I see from the server lobby which server has mouse control activated and which is joystick only? I think this is crucial information to be provided before joining a server.

Do you fly under a different name? I've honestly never seen you online since the sim was released.

No, I fly as myself.

Usually WOL or FL but lately a bit on the official servers as well.

My flying is limited by family life and working two jobs. Still I have clocked something like 1000 hours in BoS since Early Access, though less than half of that has been online.

I still suck though...

Edited by Finkeren

Question (coming back from some holidays): How can I see from the server lobby which server has mouse control activated and which is joystick only? I think this is crucial information to be provided before joining a server.

The servers marked with a grey jockstic icon are "stick only". There is a "mouse only" icon as well, but so far no server uses it. No icon means it's fre for all.

• Upvote 1

thx for the free Panzer Game :)

Panzer control

Controls/ Pilot head control/ Turret, gunsight view vertical = Mouse Y

Controls/ Pilot head control/ Turret, gunsight view horizontal = Mouse X

Doesn't work. 

no condensation smoke at 6000 m alt for any plane this update

Contrails depend on temperature now. In winter you will still see them at 6000 meters, in autumn and summer you will only see them at higher altitudes. That's how it should be.

I never ever wanted IL-2 BOS to take the War Thunder route , We had enough people interested in this Sim . I really hope it isnt two steps forward one step back . Or we will never get there .

And kids attitudes have changed , its more toxic and personal now , in the olden days you walked outside had your fist fight and shook hands after .

Things have changed trust me .

Edited by II./JG77_Con

Two steps forwad an one back is still progress :)

I don't see the introduction of a more accessible control method and tanks as any change to a WT game route, the basics of both are still so different, if there was a dumbing down of FM you would definitely have a point ;)

The 'sim heart' has not been compromised

Cheers Dakpilot

• Upvote 1

I never ever wanted IL-2 BOS to take the War Thunder route , We had enough people interested in this Sim . I really hope it isnt two steps forward one step back . Or we will never get there .

And kids attitudes have changed , its more toxic and personal now , in the olden days you walked outside had your fist fight and shook hands after .

Things have changed trust me .

lately i've been having a funny feeling that this game isn't going to turn out the way people thought it would during early access. i hope i am wrong

“Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers.” - Sokrates, 400 BC.

• Upvote 3

“Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers.” - Sokrates, 400 BC.

Spot on! Now we are old as Socrates and on the receiving side of youth pranks and misbehaviour  :biggrin: We were not different,just admit it,grandpas  ;)

• Upvote 1

Contrails depend on temperature now. In winter you will still see them at 6000 meters, in autumn and summer you will only see them at higher altitudes. That's how it should be.

ok , of course thank,

in summer near 8000m

Devs, you should really pay attention to this thread : http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/19475-performance-issues-and-frame-rate-issues/

It appears lots of us are experiencing big problem with 1.105 regarding performance. Even a GTX970 struggles to run the game smoothly... you need a hot fix on that as quickly as possible!

Cheers!

This is a real problem now, Very Low performance. Stuttering and Low FPS, after update 1.105..http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/19475-performance-issues-and-frame-rate-issues/page-2

Edited by E69_Lothar29

Stuttering and trackir lock ups , down on the ground dogfight reduced to 23fps wol server .

Lockups and stuttering when near any aircraft . ??

Accidentally rammed a La-5 ..........due to stutter and 190 disintegrate . La-5 continued on flying . ??? not sure if it went down later didnt see anything fall off it .

So you mean to say that adding Mouse Control means that WT players are buying BoS?

Looks that some are, but they expect that mouse control be ... "improved". I presume for "WT standards"?...  :huh:

image.jpg

BTW - The "new players" that I meet online show nice behavior, only that "basic" questions on chat.  ;)

Nothing like the "wordfight" of some "veterans".  :biggrin:

Looks that some are, but they expect that mouse control be ... "improved". I presume for "WT standards"?...  :huh:

Don't know about that. But as long as there are joystick-only servers it won't matter.

TANK Screenshot's, Screenshot's!

​Can even see the welds on the Tanks!

These victories where the work of our talented community! I just captured their tactical skills, so you all can see the gameplay from a different perspective  :salute:.

Oh and.. Thank the heavens, our Russian aerial support was top notch during this time  :P

post-23608-0-46748900-1448860538_thumb.jpgpost-23608-0-12281200-1448860547_thumb.jpgpost-23608-0-85597800-1448860559_thumb.jpgpost-23608-0-65034500-1448860570_thumb.jpgpost-23608-0-59173100-1448860585_thumb.jpgpost-23608-0-43780100-1448860600_thumb.jpgpost-23608-0-45376100-1448860610_thumb.jpg

post-23608-0-21423100-1448861104_thumb.jpgpost-23608-0-72204000-1448861115_thumb.jpgpost-23608-0-64348000-1448861121_thumb.jpgpost-23608-0-86265400-1448861134_thumb.jpg

post-23608-0-89013400-1448861282_thumb.jpgpost-23608-0-37980300-1448861304_thumb.jpgpost-23608-0-19470300-1448861328_thumb.jpgpost-23608-0-65758500-1448861336_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Agree with the above post -Tanks are good fun,BUT  have not found the keystroke command to allow me to sight & fire coaxial machine gun,Thought I assigned it to joystick trigger but no joy...Does anyone have this info/ thanks!

Hi Blitzen,

The machinegun works with the ammunition changing. When you choose ammo, it goes AP,HE,MG(now you can fire your machinegun). To fire the cannon again you, then simply  choose the ammo, you want to shoot with.

Oh and.. Thank the heavens, our Russian aerial support was top notch during this time  

The tanks introduce a new type of ... "pilot".

The Stu'Kamikaze, they take-off with that "Hollywood" 1.000 Kg bomb (good for make smoke only), and or drop from 30 meters and goes in the explosion, or hit the ground after the bomb...  :P

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

And the T-34 leave the smoke and follow glorious.  :biggrin:
Edited by Sokol1

Hi Blitzen,

The machinegun works with the ammunition changing. When you choose ammo, it goes AP,HE,MG(now you can fire your machinegun). To fire the cannon again you, then simply  choose the ammo, you want to shoot with.

Thanks Yogiflight-Will give it a try.I'm having way more fun with tanks than I should!

I don't know if this has been reported already but when the Wing rips off the 110 the engine gauges stay in place haha, if you look out the cockpit you see the three gauges hovering outside  :lol:

Stuttering and trackir lock ups , down on the ground dogfight reduced to 23fps wol server .

Lockups and stuttering when near any aircraft . ??

Accidentally rammed a La-5 ..........due to stutter and 190 disintegrate . La-5 continued on flying . ??? not sure if it went down later didnt see anything fall off it .

It is clear that there is performance issue after Update. Many are waiting for an answer from Developers

I think this game might needs an inbuilt team balancing tool on spawning - too often it's say 16 v 3 on the normal ded. server. I know many players will switch sides to correct that, but just at the moment not always enough players to give the game "challenge".

For all it's frustrations as you waited on line, the previous system of controlling side numbers had a purpose. My other thought was that there

should be relatively equal no.s of tanks v tanks and planes v planes. This is so players who like flying or fighting in a tanks have sufficient

opponents.

Any plans on the gameplay aspect of the game in it's current form developers ?

I really do love the way the game is developing but in my opinion it's( well deserved)ultimate success won't depend on tanks and other innovations

but the difficulty and challenge it presents to the players.

It's just a personal view but I would be interested to hear other players views on this subject

1 to 1 balance didn't quite work and the current free for all is slightly worse. Probably set balance to +/- 2 or +/- 3 would do the trick.

I don't know if this has been reported already but when the Wing rips off the 110 the engine gauges stay in place haha, if you look out the cockpit you see the three gauges hovering outside  :lol:

I can't think of a single title in the last ten years that hasn't incorporated that "feature".  :biggrin:

I've noticed some slowing down of frame rates since the last patch or update as well. Never had them before. I have a strong I7 machine and dogfights with 5 or more A/C tend to start small stutters....weird cause like I said never happened before!

I noticed in one shot the hull mounted machine gun was firing on a Pz III.Is this possible? How is this done in real play? I know how to use the Turret mounted mg but don't have clue on switching seat to use the Mg next to the driver.Ditto T-34.