Han

Game version 1.105 discussion: Bf 110 E-2, Tanks, Mouse Control

Hmm... I wonder why we haven't got rotary trim functions yet for the P-40 then, seeing as we are going plane specific?

Edited by Trooper117

2. Radiator effectiveness has been changed. Before it was roughly 10% radiators flaps more open = 10% better radiator effectiveness. Since is not correct, as the effectiveness of the radiator doesn't change in a liniear way, this has been changed, so that now the radiator is more effective when it's almost closed and less effective when it's wide open. So the effectiveness has more of a curved shape.

This make sense. You open the radiator flaps but the cooling surface is the same.

But what about the other aircraft, with liquid cooled engine. If the 109s use the false "linear" model, maybe the other planes use the same interpreation.

Help.

I get a DirectX error (D3D Errror) trying to launch game after update to 1.105.

Anyone have any ideas as to how to fix?

Thanks.

Thanks for the 110.  It is cool to see the repeater instruments for the gunner including the repeater compass and the AFN-1 gauge.  This means that the 110 could follow the nav beacons more precisely then I had previously thought, being able to use the P and S needles on the Patin PFA/R DF repeater compass just like the 111 and soon to be Ju-88. Now all we need is the ability to change nav beacon channels and the ability to spin the course setter around the mag compass.

For the 110 experts help me out.  At 44% fuel the 2 front tanks have `260 liters and no fuel transfer is needed.  At 45% fuel, the 260 liters per tank is moved to the rear tanks and what little is left over is in the front tanks (tanks that feed the engines) and the fuel transfer is immediately started to move the fuel to the front tanks.

Should it not be that the front tanks should be filled first up the to the 375 liter capacity and then start filling the rear tanks?  Then when the front tanks get to a certain level, (seems to be 25 liters currently...could be filled sooner, say 115 liters?) then the fuel remaining could be pumped into the front tanks from the rear tanks.  This would still give a one time fuel transfer like it is currently.

i am delighted about the tank news.

quick question since we can switch seats inside armor, can we have two players per vehicle in MP?

If so this is an awesome feature, that will bring back a lot of armor sim vets to the table. Armor engagement is before all the story of separate teams in each vehicle, within a bigger team against another team!...It is a dramatic teamplay experience in a confined metallic brick.

Thanks for the 110.  It is cool to see the repeater instruments for the gunner including the repeater compass and the AFN-1 gauge.  This means that the 110 could follow the nav beacons more precisely then I had previously thought, being able to use the P and S needles on the Patin PFA/R DF repeater compass just like the 111 and soon to be Ju-88. Now all we need is the ability to change nav beacon channels and the ability to spin the course setter around the mag compass.

For the 110 experts help me out.  At 44% fuel the 2 front tanks have `260 liters and no fuel transfer is needed.  At 45% fuel, the 260 liters per tank is moved to the rear tanks and what little is left over is in the front tanks (tanks that feed the engines) and the fuel transfer is immediately started to move the fuel to the front tanks.

Should it not be that the front tanks should be filled first up the to the 375 liter capacity and then start filling the rear tanks?  Then when the front tanks get to a certain level, (seems to be 25 liters currently...could be filled sooner, say 115 liters?) then the fuel remaining could be pumped into the front tanks from the rear tanks.  This would still give a one time fuel transfer like it is currently.

Forgot to add, should the 110 not have aileron trim?  It seems to have the trim tabs in the exterior model.

Driveable tanks is all good but I cannot believe the frankly incredible oversight by the developers: the river barges cannot be controlled! Why don't we have a first-person view of the bridge? Tiller, interphone to the engine room... - Nothing....

quick question since we can switch seats inside armor, can we have two players per vehicle in MP?

Yes, the second crew join with the "Became Gunner" option in MP mission briefing.

I have some "clandestine  gunners" in my tank...

Check all graphic settings. I had some stuff changed through the patch. (cinematic unchecked ? SSAO, HDR, full screen, AA ?)

I tried to hate 1C because of wasting resources in making the tanks driveable, but I can't help having fun driving them around. In case further development is going to happen, may I suggest

1) Separate controls for tanks. I want to use WASD or rudders for steering and throttle, simple easily reached keys for other controls and bind turret controls to joystick. Without screwing up my plane controls at the same time.

2) The mouse speed with and without zoom needs more room for adjustment. I can't make the turret traverse nice and smooth without also making external view panning waayy too slow.

3) I have a secondary monitor and the mouse cursor doesn't want to stay inside the main game view. Often when I click LMB to fire I'm looking at the desktop (since the cursor was on the second monitor) instead of an exploding enemy tank. The cursor really needs to stay on the main screen only. This also probably affects the aircraft gunners (I don't really use them very much so can't confirm but they work the same, so...).

4) The crew needs to be a bit more responsive, at least "loaded" and "tank spotted at X o'clock Y meters" would be welcome additions. In general it's hard to drive a somewhat realistic tank simulator very effectively by myself, so crew interaction needs quite a bit of work anyway if the tanks are intended to be more than a curiosity. 

Anyway, the tanks are surprisingly fun so I choose to not complain about their inclusion while vital features such as multiplayer coops, campaigns and dynamic campaigns still don't exist. So thanks for the tanks, I suppose.

itsatank.jpg

• Upvote 5

multi player coops do exists.  We in the syndicate have been cooping every sunday.  Great fun.

Can someone please confirm for me - I have BOS and just purchased BOM. I'm assuming all I have to do is restart BOS and it will download everything? (rather than a separate installer?)

I suppose I should've been more precise; I would like the kind of missions that work exactly as in '46 and RoF where it's just like a single player one except that you get to play with friends. Is that already possible or are we talking about dogfights modified for mission-style play? I guess those are kind of ok as well, but then again I would also like to launch the missions from the main game, not having to bother with the dedicated server thingy.

• Upvote 1

Can someone please confirm for me - I have BOS and just purchased BOM. I'm assuming

all I have to do is restart BOS and it will download everything? (rather than a separate installer?)

No separate installer. Activate the BoM key and you are good to go.

I love the 110 and this game: well done.

TBH I can't wait for western aircraft. I know IL2s are russian and the team is in Russia (I think)....but I'm just biding my time until we get RAF/USAAF aircraft (more than the P40).

I haven't seen the question yet. In the cockpit of the 110 we can see the switch for selecting between using 2 or 4 MGs. Is there actually a way to use this featur on the plane or will this be implemented in the future?

Andy:  that is exactly how it works.  We all play on the same side vs the ai,

I'd have assumed that's what most squadrons do. Certainly mine does. Personally, I miss having the host "launch" the mission after everyone's ready in their slots, but BoS has enough spawning options to make kicking off a mission a breeze - and since most mission elements can easily be set up to spawn in or activate more or less whenever the mission builder wants, it's pretty much an ideal sim for coops.

The mission editor is much much more powerful that '46, and - unlike with certain other sims - you don't need a PhD in software engineering to make missions!  :P

Edited by No601_Swallow

4) The crew needs to be a bit more responsive, at least "loaded" and "tank spotted at X o'clock Y meters" would be welcome additions.

I don't like/use "HUD" so a kind of voice information for loaded will be welcome.  :good:

In some old tank sim, after the "clank-clap-clunk" the loader say "Read to fire, Sir". I adapt this sound sound for il-2'46 B-25 75mm gun.  :)

A thing that are that bothering is the smoke after fire stay for long time in front of tank sight, difficult see where the shell hit.

• Upvote 1

Well there would be smoke, but I don't know really how much and if it should be as opaque as it is now. Looking at videos of WW2 tanks firing the smoke doesn't seem that much (in most cases), but it's difficult to say what it would look like through the sight. Sometimes the smoke/dust definitely was an issue, but I think it was usually referred to as a specific issue with certain very powerful guns in especially dusty conditions. Anyway if that's what it was like in reality that's the way I'd like to have it in the game too, but I don't really know if it was.

Forgot to add, should the 110 not have aileron trim?  It seems to have the trim tabs in the exterior model.

Those trim tabs were only adjustable on the ground. 

I haven't seen the question yet. In the cockpit of the 110 we can see the switch for selecting between using 2 or 4 MGs. Is there actually a way to use this featur on the plane or will this be implemented in the future?

No, it's set to 4 MGs only right now.

I tried to hate 1C because of wasting resources in making the tanks driveable, but I can't help having fun driving them around. In case further development is going to happen, may I suggest

1) Separate controls for tanks. I want to use WASD or rudders for steering and throttle, simple easily reached keys for other controls and bind turret controls to joystick. Without screwing up my plane controls at the same time.

2) The mouse speed with and without zoom needs more room for adjustment. I can't make the turret traverse nice and smooth without also making external view panning waayy too slow.

3) I have a secondary monitor and the mouse cursor doesn't want to stay inside the main game view. Often when I click LMB to fire I'm looking at the desktop (since the cursor was on the second monitor) instead of an exploding enemy tank. The cursor really needs to stay on the main screen only. This also probably affects the aircraft gunners (I don't really use them very much so can't confirm but they work the same, so...).

4) The crew needs to be a bit more responsive, at least "loaded" and "tank spotted at X o'clock Y meters" would be welcome additions. In general it's hard to drive a somewhat realistic tank simulator very effectively by myself, so crew interaction needs quite a bit of work anyway if the tanks are intended to be more than a curiosity. 

Anyway, the tanks are surprisingly fun so I choose to not complain about their inclusion while vital features such as multiplayer coops, campaigns and dynamic campaigns still don't exist. So thanks for the tanks, I suppose.

itsatank.jpg

this is allready been brought up by your Beta testing community, to the Devs.

I'm using this little program to lock the mouse to the primary monitor. It works great and doesn't use any resources. I'm sure there'll be an I game option for this in the future.

http://s382701517.online.de/apps/PrimaryLock.zip

This program is not official of course and I didn't make it myself.

• Upvote 2

I tried to hate 1C because of wasting resources in making the tanks driveable, but I can't help having fun driving them around.

No, it is not a waste of resources.

The 3D modelers did it in their spare time.

Han in DD 113:

'Some time ago it turned out that we have a spare time in 3D modeling department (there is usually a fine balance between the tasks of 3D and Engineer departments which works on FM, but creating FM takes more time, so sometimes 3D modelers have spare time) and we decided to use this opportunity to try player controlled ground vehicles in Battle of Stalingrad. High detailed 3D models of T-34-76 made by Stalingrad Tractor Factory and PzKpfw III Ausf. L were created. The technology has been upgraded somewhat as well to make handling and damage modeling more realistic, since in the modern tanks prototype shown above a more casual approach has been used. At the moment, controllable tanks are in beta state and will be added to the game in 1.105 if everything goes well."

Driveable tanks is all good but I cannot believe the frankly incredible oversight by the developers: the river barges cannot be controlled! Why don't we have a first-person view of the bridge? Tiller, interphone to the engine room... - Nothing....

I'm serious when I say - first thing I thought of was the river boats (even before the T-60 or the KV-1). I'd love to be able to go up and down the rivers on missions!

TBH I can't wait for western aircraft. I know IL2s are russian and the team is in Russia (I think)....but I'm just biding my time until we get RAF/USAAF aircraft (more than the P40).

A lend lease P-39 would make a lot of sense. I'd like to see the Il-4 medium bomber, Fw-189 recon plan and Po-2 biplane first though... making sure the Russian Front has a solid mix of roles. Then Africa...

• Upvote 4

Great update thanks guys. Every aircraft has been a winner for me. I had never thought i would prefer bom planes over bos planes but it has happened that way. Plus the cockpit looks just keeps on getting better.

Edited by Chandalier1969

Thank you for these tank missions; I am having an, alarmingly,  wonderful time with them!

Here is a several simple tank missions. In these missions, you can learn to drive a tank, and practice in general :)

To use - put data from archive to ../Data/Missions

attachicon.gifTanks Missions.zip

Well battle of Stalingrad no RAF or USAF involved, Battle of Moscow no RAF or USAF involved but maybe you've just got "the idea" of the next IL2 Sturmovik episode, How about of IL2 Sturmovik Battle for Normandy (Summer 44) at least German Planes are already in.

Why not i would prepurchase right now such title

I am having a lot of fun with the tanks, thank you. This is already better than the nonsense that WOT and WT have been serving for years.

I am reading that the tanks were realized on developer's spare time. I hope it is more serious than that and that we shall see much improvement in the armor department in the future.

• Upvote 1

Well battle of Stalingrad no RAF or USAF involved, Battle of Moscow no RAF or USAF involved but maybe you've just got "the idea" of the next IL2 Sturmovik episode, How about of IL2 Sturmovik Battle for Normandy (Summer 44) at least German Planes are already in.

Normandy 44 would be boring because there you would have almost no german planes 

• Upvote 1

How about of IL2 Sturmovik Battle for Normandy (Summer 44) at least German Planes are already in.  

Umm..what 1944 German planes are already in the game?  :biggrin:

Edited by LukeFF

There's much much more to making tanks driveable than the 3D models, though.

The tech demo for drivable tanks in DN engine was created before BoS was even released as early access

Cheers Dakpilot

Well, I'm hating it.  The 110 is pretty and so are the tanks but the overall impact on my fav server has been a complete disaster.  The place now appears to be infested with 10 year olds from WT or Christ knows where who've totally destroyed the ambiance of the place with their childish boorish behaviour.  Typically they mob airfields and shoot-up people trying to get off the ground or alternatively pack rape individual aircraft.   Ten minutes of this crap is about as much as any adult can take.

If this is the future I'm out. 

• Upvote 2

can you show me how you can kill a player controlled tank with the Stuka BK.37? my lag of flyingskills but I am unable to penetrate them