Han

Game version 1.105 discussion: Bf 110 E-2, Tanks, Mouse Control

Update 1.105

Hello everyone!

The end of November is here and, as we promised, the work on the next update is finished. It is a big step forward in the development of the project once again and it brings two huge chunks of new functionality and content: aircraft mouse controls and player controlled tanks. Of course, it adds a new playable plane for Battle of Moscow owners as usual: twin engine heavy fighter Bf 110 E-2 (players who have only Battle of Stalingrad can set it as AI controlled plane or encounter it in multiplayer)...

_110.jpg_MC.jpg

_PzIII.jpg_T34.jpg

News on 1.105 update, full text

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 19

217,18 Mb, downloading....

217 MB? seems a bit small, doesn't it?

That's what she said.

• Upvote 7

By the looks of the German Tank screenshot, we can turn on/off lights (Nav lights and Landing Lights?) for Tanks :D

~S~ Devinskis,

Tanks!

!S -Jupp- :salute: 

Tanks.jpg

• Upvote 2

Here is a several simple tank missions. In these missions, you can learn to drive a tank, and practice in general :)

To use - put data from archive to ../Data/Missions

Tanks Missions.zip

• Upvote 20

Seems very nice thanks!!!

Quick  question I clicked mouse control at the beginning to give it a go even though I have a joystick, now I cant seem to switch back to joystick. Is there a way to do this ? Or do I have to re-bind all my stick settings?

EDIT I got it under flight interface!

Edited by [TBC]AeroACE

Here I'm seeing the wonderful news of a new patch and all I can think of  "is that Han in his new avatar pic", cause if so he's badass with a the mutha luvin big sword. 

Still great news on the patch cant wait to try it out.

[Edited] have to quit my job now can not await to try out the BF-110... :)

Edited by Bearcat
Language

[Edited]....... Not home untill friday :(
Great job :)

Edited by Bearcat
Language

[Edited] you Jupp...you beat me to it with the "Tanks!" gag. :biggrin:

Thank you devs. Off to fry in a tin-can....or maybe of to fry something with a 110...spoiled for choice today.

Here is a several simple tank missions

Thank you!!

Edited by Bearcat
Language

Great update, indeed. Also downloaded the tank missions of DED-ASF to try handling of the tanks, thanks a lot for it.

Edited by Yogiflight

Wow BF110 is a beast. There is so much ammo for the 4 machine guns, the cannons only carry 50 rounds but still you get two of them. In my first play around with it i killed four arty in a single pass, and failed miserably to bomb some tanks. Attacked some trucks and they shot out the engine #1, managed to make it back to base with one engine and the other feathered. Landed a little hot but survived.

The sound for the plane is excellent, inside the cockpit they have done a great job to replicate the harmonic prop noise you get in twins which are close to the fuselage. 

This is a much faster steed then I'm used to when ground pounding with the stuka its a nice change. 

The BF110 packs a punch but is also quite fragile too, its fairly maneuverable with elevators and can easily do the "candle" as described in another thread, roll rate is slow but expected. 

Great update.

To reload the 20mm cannons on the and 110, you have to use the reload guns command (I think left-alt+R by default). You have 3 drums with 60 rounds each for each cannon.

And be sure to give the P-40 a try with full throttle.

Edited by Matt

Wow BF110 is a beast. There is so much ammo for the 4 machine guns, the cannons only carry 50 rounds but still you get two of them.

No, actually you have 180 rounds for each of the MG FF/Ms. They come in a total of 6 drums of 60 shells (360 total) which are reloaded by the gunner (though the proces is initiated by the pilot) 

Sooner than I expected, cool.

Long list of fixes and improvements once again. And of course new interesting plane!

Impressive work guys!

Can't wait to test it. Thank you!

The Bf 110 is quite a nice experience. It's quite beefy on the offense with its heavy armament, decent anti-AAA armour and ability to carry a hge bombload for such a relatively small aircraft. In a clean configuration it's a very pleasant aircraft to fly, and fairly potent as a heavy fighter. It's quite fast in level flight but obviously bleeds energy very fast. The controls are not as well harmonized as we're used to in the nimbler single seat fighters, the roll rate being attrociously slow, but the elevator is extremely effective, which comes in handy in the ground attack role.

The low roll rate, lousy climb performance and low energy retention will propably keep it from becoming a mainstay fighter of the LW side, but as a ground pounder and bomber interceptor, it is extremely potent, and it can hold its own defensively against single seaters, so it should have better survivability than the Ju 87, while carrying almost as big a bombload.

Very good aircraft for its purpose.

No, actually you have 180 rounds for each of the MG FF/Ms. They come in a total of 6 drums of 60 shells (360 total) which are reloaded by the gunner (though the proces is initiated by the pilot) 

A silly question: If the gunner is killed, do we lose the ability to reload the cannons?

• Upvote 1

Hi guys also not at my computer. What is the 110's unlocks.

Mainly bomb loadouts and armour. The bombs go from a nifty 12xSC50 up to a 1000kg and a 500kg at the same time! Extra armour is divided into armoured windscreens and underside protection against AAA.

No option for either guns or extra ammo.

A silly question: If the gunner is killed, do we lose the ability to reload the cannons?

That would be cool, but I don't think so.

• Upvote 2

Mainly bomb loadouts and armour. The bombs go from a nifty 12xSC50 up to a 1000kg and a 500kg at the same time! Extra armour is divided into armoured windscreens and underside protection against AAA.

Its "only" a 250kg bomb you can take with the 1000kg bomb

No. Not yet at least.

I think the Bf 110 will replace the Ju 87 almost totally in the bombing and ground attack role now, with the exception of tank hunting of course.

Edited by Matt

Approved!!

Not a Tankie, but enjoyed a nice summer's day out in the field. No idea at all, but hammered along toward a ridge line until my track bogies were disabled. Spun like a top coming to rest.....stranded! 6 PzIII for lunch. Ammo depleted. A good first day out and a nice addition to the game.

Love the 110, and looking forward to a future engagement in multiplayer. Very well done team.

Wow just spent a short time spectating online

Total Chaos...but in a very good way!!!    So much going on :biggrin:

As things calm down a bit, and folks get used to the new toys I feel this will go down as one of the very positive game updates

A lot to take in with this patch, thanks a lot!

Cheers Dakpilot