Han

Game version 1.105 discussion: Bf 110 E-2, Tanks, Mouse Control

A silly question: If the gunner is killed, do we lose the ability to reload the cannons?

I hope :)

This game just keeps getting better, thank you very much to all the team, greatly appreciated. :cool:

Unfortunately I am not able to fly at the moment but I do keep looking in and updating, the AI has to explore for me.

I know I am late on this but the new map seasons are outstanding. :drink2:

Thank you very much -DED-ASF for the tank missions, greatly appreciated. :salute:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. :biggrin:

Its "only" a 250kg bomb you can take with the 1000kg bomb

Mea culpa.

Hi guys also not at my computer. What is the 110's unlocks.

post-675-0-43065500-1448373364_thumb.jpg

Bf-110 E2 general characteristics

DB-601A engine modes, ATA/RPM

1.40 / 2400 - 1 minute,
1.30 / 2400 - 5 minutes,
1.23 / 2300 - 30 minutes,
1.15 / 2200 - unlimited.

Critical oil temperature - up to 105 degrees Celsius, short time. Water - up to 100 degrees Celsius.

It is possible (by using manual pitch) to increase RPM to 2600 for a short time.

Oil radiator is manual, water radiator is also manual and has five positions (this is not an axis, it is governed by buttons in the game).
There are two needles on oil temperature gauges - for intake and exhaust oil.
Fuel gauge is one for 4 reservoirs. Engines are fed from frontal ones, fuel is automatically pumped from back ones when empty.

Flaps don't have fixed positions. Rudders turn to different angles from left to right, asymmetrically. They are somewhat ineffective under 300 km/h and require turning them for more than 50%.

Flaps take off position is 20 degrees. Propellers to 12 hours (if controlling propeller pitch manually). For a plane without additional armor and bombs and flaps set to take off positions, take off speed is 150-160 km/h (can be reached after 500-550 meters ground roll).
Climb speed - 260 km/h. Maximum speed is 700. Maximum speed with extended flaps is 250 km/h.
Landing: speed - 170-180 km/h, flaps to 50 degrees, propeller pitch to 12 hours (if controlling pitch manually).

There are three disc 60 round magazines per cannon, total 180 rounds. The magazines are changed by gunner manually (you need to press Alt-R from the pilot's seat when gun ready lamps turn off).

• Upvote 3

Only one question, maybe a stupid question.

Tanks and aircraft can play online in the same server, but, will change the numbers of users playing at one flight sim due this?.

For example, we have servers with 40 reds/40 blues, if we include +30 tanks, is it neccesary reduce the numbers of users that can take one aircraft?

I don't know if my question it's clear, and apologize if it is on the Devs table, I don't know ;)

Edited by SuDoKu

A silly question: If the gunner is killed, do we lose the ability to reload the cannons?

I still think rear gunners have an absurdly high survival rate like the A20 gunners of old.

No, you do not. 

Wow just spent a short time spectating online

Total Chaos...but in a very good way!!! So much going on :biggrin:

As things calm down a bit, and folks get used to the new toys I feel this will go down as one of the very positive game updates

A lot to take in with this patch, thanks a lot!

Cheers Dakpilot

I think you mean another in a long line of excellent patches. There hasn't been a Gnashing of teeth or rending of garments over a patch since mid-BOS or about a year now.

Well done DEVs. Keep it coming.

I do not agree. Almost every time i attack an il2 with rear gunner, he dies with my first shot/attack.

Grt Martijn

Agreed and the Stuka gunner as well but definitely NOT a Pe2 gunner. They are as hardy as their predecessors. We'll see about the 110. But, even though I started it, let's let it rest or start a new thread. I don't want to sidetrack or derail this one about an excellent update. Edited by [LBS]HerrMurf

Only one 110 flight under my belt but the rear gunner got killed after he got looked at funny by a YAK. Also the rear protection for the pilot is non existent without the mod so......

Radiators/coolant system in the 109g2 seems significantly different. Overheats even in extended turn fights in autumn/summer.

Auto radiator setting seems to keep the engine at a higher temperature than before as well (previously 80c, now 100c).

Even in winter the radiators appear to be more open than what I am used to seeing to maintain that hotter temperature too. (From switching between manual and auto).

WRT reworked G-2 throttle response, it's still wrong. While not 100% linear in reality, 20% throttle movement should still correspond to about an 0.15ata change. Reproducing source, in BoS we have near 30% movement between 1.30ata and 1.15ata, yet just about 7% between 1.00 and 0.85 - so twice as much as it was historically in the top region and half as much in the bottom region.

I don't get why this takes near two years to address and then make it wrong in a different way.

• Upvote 2

For those who haven't sat in the backseat yet ,it is beautifully done.Better than cloD's 110 and that is saying something!

2015_11_24__15_13_24%20copy_zpseca9x2gn.

2015_11_24__15_13_33%20copy_zpss2v3hklf.

• Upvote 1

Auto radiator setting seems to keep the engine at a higher temperature than before as well (previously 80c, now 100c).

Correct, this is in line with original German documentation. 

Edited by LukeFF

This is ridiculous. I wasn't really that bothered about the tanks because I knew they were not soaking up any resources from the development of aircraft HOWEVER they have turned this flipping game into a slideshow... FPS impact of having a few tanks on the map is stupidly bad...    That and is it historically correct that a 500kg bomb from the 110 that landed pretty much on the tank doesn't destroy it?! I mean yes it was crippled (I think he did stop in his tracks) [pun not intended] but i would of expected it to be destroyed lol....  Is anyone else experiencing horrendous fps issues with tanks this patch? :/ 

Radiators/coolant system in the 109g2 seems significantly different. Overheats even

in extended turn fights in autumn/summer.

Auto radiator setting seems to keep the

engine at a higher temperature than before as well (previously 80c, now 100c).

Even in winter the radiators appear to be more

open than what I am used to seeing to maintain that hotter temperature too. (From switching between manual and auto).

So, G2 engine generate more temperature and overheats easier now. And that means

less performance. That does not sound very

good to me.

Took the 110 for a little test fly before work.

The rear view gunner seat is very detailed! Looks great, love it.

Going to have to map more controls for the cooling buttons, I only have levers from the CH Throttle quad. Was wondering why they didn't work that's why.

And I already have an emblem made for the German tank!

Sturmgesch_tz_Brigade_667_FEB.png

Don't know who it is though.

AND MY LONG AWAITED 110!!!!!! OMG I AM GOING TO SKIN THE CRAP OUT OF THIS PLANE!!!!

WRT reworked G-2 throttle response, it's still wrong. While not 100% linear in reality, 20% throttle movement should still correspond to about an 0.15ata change. Reproducing source, in BoS we have near 30% movement between 1.30ata and 1.15ata, yet just about 7% between 1.00 and 0.85 - so twice as much as it was historically in the top region and half as much in the bottom region.

I don't get why this takes near two years to address and then make it wrong in a different way.

If you have documents to support this, please make a post here and attach them: http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/89-technical-issues-and-bug-reports/

So, G2 engine generate more temperature and overheats easier now. And that means

less performance. That does not sound very

good to me.

The G-2 engine doesn't generate more temperature. This is what has been changed:

1. Automatic radiator control is now trying to keep the temperature at ~100°C (before it was wrong at 80-85°C). 

2. Radiator effectiveness has been changed. Before it was roughly 10% radiators flaps more open = 10% better radiator effectiveness. Since is not correct, as the effectiveness of the radiator doesn't change in a liniear way, this has been changed, so that now the radiator is more effective when it's almost closed and less effective when it's wide open. So the effectiveness has more of a curved shape.

Here's a source documenting the effective of the radiators.

http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/me109/VB-109-18-L-42.pdf

• Upvote 2

The G-2 engine doesn't generate more temperature. This is what has been changed:

1. Automatic radiator control is now trying to keep the temperature at ~100°C (before it

was wrong at 80-85°C).

2. Radiator effectiveness has been changed. Before it was roughly 10% radiators flaps

more open = 10% better radiator effectiveness. Since is not correct, as the effectiveness of the radiator doesn't change

in a liniear way, this has been changed, so that now the radiator is more effective when it's almost closed and less effective when it's

wide open. So the effectiveness has more of a curved shape.

Thanks for clarifying that.

Appearantly I made a wrong conclusion based on Tripwires message.

Now all we need are the skins!

lol... he got in just before me

Edited by Trooper117

This documents says that flying at low level in standard conditions at roughly 520 km/h, the difference between air (~12°C) and water is about 80°, so water will be around 90-95°C, if the radiator is in the closed (25mm) position.

BoS on Lapino(Autumn) is different, radiators keep opening up, even though 95° is fine for the engine, because they are reaching higher temperatures.

Same way the docs show that fast level flight at sea level up to 25° does not cause radiators to open, it's different in game.

If this was the source, the model is not accurate.

The 110 template will be available later tonight or tomorrow. It's almost done.

Jason

Superb. Thanks!

If this was the source, the model is not accurate.

It wasn't the source for that. 

Got Tanks going( some fun!) but haven't worked out firing key setting for machine guns & main gun.Anyone know how to tie them to firing buttons on joy stick? :rolleyes:

Yet another fantastic looking addition.  Can't wait to try it out!  Thanks again to the team for all the hard work!!!  :biggrin: