Han

Game version 1.105 discussion: Bf 110 E-2, Tanks, Mouse Control

You cant switch to bow MG.

I thought not,but apparently AI tankers find them usable. ;)

I would like to see controllable Infantry with RPG's Grenadas. So I can lay in the Dirt and hide in the grass, and get me infantry tank kills.

Edited by 71st_Mastiff
  • Upvote 1

Wait for Panzerfaust and Panzerschreck,They will come eventually. I will snipe you with my PTRD   :biggrin:

Some of the community members where commenting, on a performance drop, I can't honestly comment on this, (running Crossfire on this current machine).

Just my ISP keeps randomly dropping out :rolleyes:. NBN next year :) ​

Not meaning to be bias or anything, but our community is the best I've had the pleasure of playing with!

No, the "Kamikaze" don't get the kill, the crew survive.  :P

Flip.png

• Upvote 1

I tried tanks and then lost interest in minutes because you have the barrel smoke waaaaaay overdone... no point in playing  if you cant adjust your shots because you can't see where your shells are landing.

How about also tying the tank to joystick control.. push forward for forward etc. trigger for gun.

Sorry if this was already discussed...but in Bf110 I'd like to get, at least ni Expert mode, a fully pilot managed fuel system.

Sorry if this was already discussed...but in Bf110 I'd like to get, at least ni Expert mode, a fully pilot managed fuel system.

It's propably coming at some point - in the questions thread Han put it as a "posible" thing they'd like to do.

If it's coming, it won't be just for the 110 though, it'll be for all planes.

Are there plans to expand tanks with each successive update(in terms of new setting/stand alone add-on)? My grandfather was a Tiger I driver and later a Panthercommander in the Totenkopf-Division and as such the Panther is my favourite tank :-D

Edited by Sturmalex

Thanks for the continued work, devs.

Does anyone know when the 109 F-2 is coming? I'm sure there's much less excitement surrounding this one, but I'm actually pretty excited to fly it (as a slightly less uber F variant with armament that'll make you work harder for the kill).

I hope you will enjoy )

Yes, because we all know that soviet gunners were trained to use their co-axial mg to bring down aircraft... I hate to say it, but these kind of actions are just pure war thunder :(

Yes, because we all know that soviet gunners were trained to use their co-axial mg to bring down aircraft... I hate to say it, but these kind of actions are just pure war thunder :(

Do the co-axial MGs function as they did historically? Pretty much, yeah. The main difference being, that it didn't use the same trigger as the main gun and that the two could be fired simultaneously.

If it works how it's supposed to, there is no problem.

• Upvote 1

There is a problem... I have spent a fair amount of my time in the military, serving on heavy tanks and on light recce armour... I was one of  the top gunners in my squadron at one stage.

I can tell you it would be nigh on impossible to bring down aircraft from a closed down tank.. we tried it on the ranges numerous times on slow moving propeller driven drones.

The only time we hit them (which was rare) was from the commanders position with a separate mg, and that was with the cupola hatch open so we could see to 'walk' the tracers onto the target.

• Upvote 4

There is a problem... I have spent a fair amount of my time in the military, serving on heavy tanks and on light recce armour... I was one of  the top gunners in my squadron at one stage.

I can tell you it would be nigh on impossible to bring down aircraft from a closed down tank.. we tried it on the ranges numerous times on slow moving propeller driven drones.

The only time we hit them (which was rare) was from the commanders position with a separate mg, and that was with the cupola hatch open so we could see to 'walk' the tracers onto the target.

I agree. It is not very realistic to bring down an airplane with coaxial mg.

Didn't one German tank ace's Richtschütze bring down a Il-2 with the 88mm main gun of a Tiger I though?

This is better than Olympic ice skating competition! 

I hope you will enjoy )

This 360 happen to me when one these common "Kamikaze" pilot (the one at 0:25 get killed by his own bomb) hit the tank with his Stuka'mikaze.  :P

Dont looks that the He 111 hit the tank because was hit be MG fire - at 0:30 and 0:40 the tank miss, but due the pilot "skill".  :rolleyes:

Anyway what expect from this planes with these "Hollywood" bombs at this altitude that not "War Thunder".  :lol:

Edited by Sokol1

Well, if you are going straight to a tank in a shallow dive, expect to be shot.

Most tanks can't elevate their guns more then 20-25 degrees, dive at a 30 degree angle.

Wait just a cotton pickin'inute...you are not implying this series of adventures  may be  untrue???

HauntedTank-GICombat091_zpshry2xxve.jpg

HauntedTankPage11_zpsumhxutrp.jpg

gayandreckless7_zpsu2zolgg6.jpg

How dare you sir..If this little Jeb Stuart can do it surely we can!?

The tanks controls doesn't work for me

sometimes it works, and I can switch to turret view, or canon view, but sometimes it just doesn't work, idem for the ammo switch

but it's look great, I can't wait :)

The tanks controls doesn't work for me

sometimes it works, and I can switch to turret view, or canon view, but sometimes it just doesn't work, idem for the ammo switch

but it's look great, I can't wait :)

This normaly happens when your relative crew member died ...

Happens to get stuck in the turret when the driver is gone, eg did left his hatch open.

Edited by West

Can't switch out ammo in tank tried RALT+G no go, even bought a new keyboard thinking coffee spilled on keys LOL I'm I missing something or is this a bug?

Can't switch out ammo in tank tried RALT+G no go, even bought a new keyboard thinking coffee spilled on keys LOL I'm I missing something or is this a bug?

Hi Bump,

Be sure to find yourself in the turret before giving command  Right Alt+G, doesn't matter closed or open, and you should be good.

:salute:

Edited by West