Hey Canada - here you go.

So that you can stop going on and on about 'mountainside airfields' 

Can you put a runway there somehow? :biggrin:

P39 cockpit pictures? U-2 aerobatic video? Flying Circus models flying around Kuban? The excitement and wonder of another DD-Day.

Looks like you’ll get at most 50m of take off run over very rough terrain, meaning acceleration during the run is going to suck, even if you manage to avoid breaking your landing gear. After that it looks like at most a 60 degree slope. I very much doubt that you’ll be able to gain enough speed on those 50m to allow for a slow enough rate of descend after you jump the ledge to avoid crashing into the slope.

A Po-2 might be able to do it.

A Storch too :)

Oh wow.... This really represents the fully evolved form of Hollywood physics. Amazing.

I wonder if they’d get away with something as ridiculous as this today? I seem to recall the last Indiana Jones movie being panned for doing much less asinine stuff.

I´m desperate :mellow:  I know we have to wait when the patch is ready, but honestly I cant wait any longer. :wacko:

I´m desperate :mellow:  I know we have to wait when the patch is ready, but honestly I cant wait any longer. :wacko:

then don't ! Join a MP server, jump into your preferred aircraft in IL2,  and start murdering people !! You'll feel better. Trust me :)

then don't ! Join a MP server, jump into your preferred aircraft in IL2, and start murdering people !! You'll feel better. Trust me :)

True friends know what's best :)

Sadly I have to much crap to do today so MP will have to wait until tonight...

I'm flying a Spitfire campaign in the Kuban at the moment... no drama here :)  What's all the fuss?

Ethymology of the name Velikie Luki.

1. Sharp meanders of a river (Lovat)

2. Old russian word "luka" means meadow,grassy area,so Great Meadows. Word luka is also used in my language,slovak, and Ukrain with the same meaning.

So no,not Great Onions :D

Wow! No posts for a while? OK. Let me try:

No patch today!? *outrageous/worth the wait/bad customer relations/good customer relations/I can wait/I can't wait/maybe tomorrow/I am buying another game/I want the (insert aircraft type here) now!

(*delete as applicable)

Wow! No posts for a while? OK. Let me try:

No patch today!? *outrageous/worth the wait/bad customer relations/good customer relations/I can wait/I can't wait/maybe tomorrow/I am buying another game/I want the (insert aircraft type here) now!

(*delete as applicable)

Too late for a DD today.

Don't forget that "BoK release is planned for the last third of the winter"

So the update won't be there until the end of february, at least.

Ok. Anyway I do not want a DD. I want BOK. Just as simple as that. 

Give me BOK! I want BOK! I want BOK! I want BOK now!! Give me BOK!!!   :rtfm:  :crazy:  :sorry:  :angry:  :umnik2:  :dash:  :help:  :tease: 

Ahhh!! I feel better now. Have a nice week-end Jason and devs. See you next week.  :bye: 

I know I start to repeat myself. But my point of view is still the same. Pressure, increasing the pressure until it just blows away.

We taking bets on the size of 3.001?

I'll go 7.5 gigs

Actually hadn't considered this. I reckon mp might be quiet for a while when it does get released!

We taking bets on the size of 3.001?

I'll go 7.5 gigs

Nah that’s way too big. As complex as the career mode is, I don’t think it’ll take up much disk space, and no way the 5 planes are a gig each.

I say 3 - 3.5.

Ah, the good old days... When your kids got too demanding with ''I want,I want!'' You could just give em a clip round the ear and tell them to bugger off (sigh)...

Edited by Trooper117
  • Upvote 2

@trooper117 with the little difference that we paid 69.99$ for that...

So entitled.

I found my own way to deal with the long wait. I stopped flying IL2 and moved to ROF. This way I don't suffer that much.

• Upvote 1

The best release date should have been last friday for the anniversary of the 75 years of the Battle of Stalingrad  :happy: , however I will forgive them if they release it today  :biggrin:

... You know you've been playing too much BoS when...

You are reduced to obsessively checking the "DD Today?" thread because you just can't stand the waiting.  :fool:

Why don't they release the planes and then the coop and career etc etc when they are ready?

Final Release of Battle of Kuban Delayed (A little bit)

This delay was caused by several small events over the course of many months like illness, unexpected bugs, unplanned features being added (my fault) and dedication to making some new features better than originally planned. We are a small team and when one feature or department gets delayed, it can cause a bottleneck in the entire schedule. Luckily, we were able to workaround almost all the delays and keep the larger release goal in sight, but development of the Career took longer than planned and this is the last big feature to add before we can consider Kuban ready. However, because the Career system is intertwined with so much content it is impossible for us to release the remaining airplanes before the Career without causing an even longer delay.

• Upvote 10

“Dear pilots, today we are proud to present our latest improvement to the game: a new AI speech system that does not make you want to shoot yourself four times in the crotch with an RoF Webley...”

• Upvote 4

Friday. Hmmm... Spreadsheet or obsessively check forums. Tough call....

Edited by Diggun