I wonder if they will have time to use that new terrain process on Moscow as well after they update Stalingrad. Not in this up-coming update of course. 

Han explained on the Russian forum they don't need it on Moscow. There is so much forest and so little elevation change that the old tech works perfectly well as intended.

• Upvote 3

I wonder if they will have time to use that new terrain process on Moscow as well after they update Stalingrad. Not in this up-coming update of course. 

It's a bit of an earlier process but the Moscow map is closer to Kuban than the old Stalingrad one was.

The impetus to upgrading it is, as I understand anyways, because the increased draw distance makes Stalingrad's repeating textures very obvious to the point where it just doesn't look as good. Moscow used a process similar to Kuban and it doesn't need the upgrade. Or at least that's how I understand it.

We haven't seen any of the Moscow map with 4X draw distances but if you look at the textures the next time you fly over the two... You'll see it for sure :)

As stated before: No.

Source of information can be found in Russian Forum DD #182: https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/6601-182-ya-chast-dnevnikov-razrabotchika/

According Google Translate:

Published on 08 December 2017 - 16:23

A question! Do you only update the Stalingrad map in 3.01? And Moscow, Lapino, Kuban, Velikie Luki?

Correct what you need to correct. Kuban, Moscow, Luke - everything is fine with them (in the Kuban, tile fields can be seen in the agricultural zone, but there were fields, unlike Stalingrad). Lapino - 50h50km, on it with a range of visibility of 150km it is better not to fly high at all)) But it's always convenient to practice, because loaded quickly.

Published on 11 December 2017 - 14:36

Dear Han, I apologize, I mean, your new technology, procedural texturing, which you applied on the map of the Kuban. Therefore, I meant the maps of Velikiye Luki and Moscow, where technology was used, as on the old map Battle of Stalingrad. Correct me please, if I'm wrong ....

Now it's true.

But on the map of Moscow, another way was used from the map of Stalingrad to apply the existing texturing technology, plus the presence of a large number of forest tracts - coupled with the uniqueness of the tiling of the textures of the earth with a long range of visibility on this map, there is no application of this technology.

In Stalingrad it would not have turned out like in Moscow, because on the Stalingrad map very few forest tracts.

On the map of Great Onions in general, no problems - a huge number of forests plus winter.

I've brought screenshots with a new range of visibility - no worse than what you see on the new screenshots of Stalingrad.

To use the tool is necessary for the sake of the result, and not for the sake of what to apply it, right? ))

Its an international cyber mystery. Such intrigue. Seriously somebody here must have seen it right? right?!

If anyone cares, it looks like that Youtube video that is missing is more screenshots of the new Stalingrad map. I can't find a functional archive of it but using Yandex to search the URL I saw an archived frame for the video that looked like the new Stalingrad and this was the description: "New screenshots. New screenshots - YouTube. Gaming. New BoX maps - Stalingrad revamped - Air Combat Group."

If anyone cares, it looks like that Youtube video that is missing is more screenshots of the new Stalingrad map. I can't find a functional archive of it but using Yandex to search the URL I saw an archived frame for the video that looked like the new Stalingrad and this was the description: "New screenshots. New screenshots - YouTube. Gaming. New BoX maps - Stalingrad revamped - Air Combat Group."

Actually I think I remember now. It wasn't video footage just the same screenshots from the DD made into a side by side comparison video.
  • Upvote 1

We have a map of Great Onions?

It is Veliky Luki, or however that is actually spelled in English. The two translations I know for that name are Great Onions and Great Bows - the kind that shoot arrows. Those are just literal translations, I'm sure a native speaker would be able to provide a better translation, if there is one. The map itself looks a lot like the Moscow map, lots of trees and such. It was part of the big push back to Berlin, on the southern front but a little north of Kuban, after the Stalingrad break out.

Edited by Disarray

Do you have Team Speak?  If I do decide to figure it out we could do it on my TS3 server, no phone charges that way.

I am up for a TS session if needed as well. I did couple of them when the editor was open to everyone and will gladly do it again.

Haash

Actually I think I remember now. It wasn't video footage just the same screenshots from the DD made into a side by side comparison video.

Ah yes, indeed. Now I remember.  :thank_you:

It was a slideshow with a transition like a curtain going from right to left showing the difference between old to new Stalingrad.

It gave a good impression of the big difference.

• Upvote 1

Does anyone know if they only release patches on Fridays? What day was 2.001 released?

Does anyone know if they only release patches on Fridays? What day was 2.001 released?

They tend to be either Tuesdays or Thursdays. Although 2.001 was on Wednesday (rather rare).

Does anyone know if they only release patches on Fridays?

What benefit do you have from knowing the day of the week, as long as you don't know the week? :P

What benefit do you have from knowing the day of the week, as long as you don't know the week? :P

So I don't need to check the news on irrelevant days.

OK, I understand, you want to save your F5 key. :)

Why don't you just subscribe to the DD and Announcement forums?

Just subscribe to the DD thread or the announcements and you'll get an email. You dont need to come every day to know if it was released. You just have to come for the masochistic habit of checking even when you know there is nothing new.

Edit: I see gambit just said the same thing

Edited by Jade_Monkey

Why don't you just subscribe to the DD and Announcement forums?

Get your logic out of here.

• Upvote 1

You mean you're not here every day! (or even several times a day...)

• Upvote 1

Get your logic out of here.

Agreed. This is the Interweb, there is no room for logic. :angry:

• Upvote 1

Hey Canada - here you go.

So that you can stop going on and on about 'mountainside airfields' 

post-23599-0-15173700-1518054692_thumb.jpg

post-23599-0-55990800-1518054713_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

You da best! :happy:

whoa whoa whoa!!! this is awesome

They never release on fridays

The last couple of releases have been on Thursdays... Hmm, today is Thursday... Nah, probably won't happen yet  :unsure:

Canada,- an icehockey rink surrounded by bears... :biggrin:

Edited by BodyBag

The two images above remind me of the Sound of Music. :biggrin:

25_A54_CA100000578-2951155-image-a-69_14

"the hills are alive...... with the sound of messerschmitts....."

I wonder if you could even take off from that mountain side???? Taxi off edge... hope for the best?

I wonder if you could even take off from that mountain side???? Taxi off edge... hope for the best?

Looks like you’ll get at most 50m of take off run over very rough terrain, meaning acceleration during the run is going to suck, even if you manage to avoid breaking your landing gear. After that it looks like at most a 60 degree slope. I very much doubt that you’ll be able to gain enough speed on those 50m to allow for a slow enough rate of descend after you jump the ledge to avoid crashing into the slope.

A Po-2 might be able to do it.

Looks like you’ll get at most 50m of take off run over very rough terrain, meaning acceleration during the run is going to suck, even if you manage to avoid breaking your landing gear. After that it looks like at most a 60 degree slope. I very much doubt that you’ll be able to gain enough speed on those 50m to allow for a slow enough rate of descend after you jump the ledge to avoid crashing into the slope.

A Po-2 might be able to do it.

Cliff high enough with good angle and you don't need runway ;)

Landing; carrier system

Edited by EAF_Ribbon

I'm sure Monostripezebra could do it. :)