That is fare comment, however, the whole pre-order founders thing is really about helping to develop the game and as such we are all testers and should expect problems, those who cannot handle that should only buy the finished game, by then it really should have no issues as we will have thoroughly tested everything. ;)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. :biggrin:

That's fair... But patch 3.001 is special. The Campaign being replaced for Career is an overhaul. There's been several comments that have suggested that they really had to pull some of the plumbing up dealing with Career and Co-op. Making big changes like that doesn't just affect people who pre-ordered but also Battle of Stalingrad and Moscow owners.

It is hard knowing some folk have access to *new* stuff but the reality really isnt like that.

Much of the time (in any alpha/beta) its all about finding an issue, seeing if that issue has already been addressed, trying to replicate the issue (which can be hellish if one cant, or worse if one can but others cant replicate)

Even if one gets ones hands on new stuff, say a gun in an fps, it might not be complete, might not have sfx, might not be fully funtional or even useable without causing a ctd etc etc. If it can be broken it often will be.

Its uncommon to get a shiney new thing that just works and is complete.

In the main the tester often only sees the proper end result when everyone else does.

Even if they do then it means the game/patch's full release is imminent and a real rush/crunch is on to fully focus on only one or two final blockers.

There's usually very little *fun* although the experience can be interesting.

Sorry to be vague but gotta respect the NDA!

Edited by OrLoK
  • Upvote 4

Knock. It. Off.

It's not cute, it's not funny, it's not going to get you anywhere, it's annoying, it's old.

Stop.

(-;

no why ? im not insulting anyone and dont want to be funny anyway (-:

I just want to see some P39 cockpit screenshots and im happy ^^

looking forward to a DD this week instead of .....(:

Edited by KG_S_MrFies

atleast other devs let not only special testers test (-;

You have been 'beta' testing BoK for all this time

You are definitely a "Special" tester

Cheers Dakpilot 

I just want to see some P39 cockpit screenshots and im happy ^^

I doubt it.

Soon you won’t have to look at it in screenshots.

Patience my young padawan.

Edited by Finkeren

I myself, have decided to leave IL2 GBS until the release and I went back to the ROF. I wanted to test the Career Mode and other things that will soon be implemented. First of all, I am very impressed with ROF. It is so good. Before I just couldn't fly it because of the wobbling issue with my Saitek X52 Pro but now I have the Mother of all the Joysticks and it a hell of a fun. I now finally understand how much work the new Career Mode is and I can understand that it's taking a while to release the new patch.

On the other hand, I have found somethings that ROF is still better than IL2 GBS, in my humble opinion. For example, the response curves for every single plane individually. But it seem that the DEVs are little by little adapting all the good trades from ROF into IL2. I hope the do this last one too. In addition, there is even splash of blood/oil in the pilot's googles. It is soooooo immersive. I am loving ROF and I can't hardly wait to hear about the Flying Circus. and The explosions and other effects are very good. I was dogfighting over the trenches the other day and it was amazing.

Edited by PA_Spartan-
  • Upvote 5

Yes RoF was epic. I'm really excited about Flying Circus, just cannot wait to fly an SE5 in the new engine. So much good stuff coming over the next year or so, and just not enough hours in the day to enjoy it all.

• Upvote 2

I will never stop loving RoF - it is almost IL2's equal in all but the very latest in graphical technology, and even so it still looks stunningly beautiful at times. I'm looking forward to Flying circus mostly for VR, and for the huge slew of minute but oh-so-wonderful improvements in UI and overall user experience. Oh, and for ground-kills to be tracked properly. Definitely for that.

• Upvote 3

Flying Circus will be epic.

I just hope (as silly and unrealistic as it might be) that we get to be able to fly at the same time as the ww2 aircraft.

Even if not i plan to buy it and any extra ww1 content.

The addition of VR has made this my goto series and further refinements just keep dragging me in further.

Edited by OrLoK
  • Upvote 1

Flying Circus will be epic.

I just hope (as silly and unrealistic as it might be) that we get to be able to fly at the same time as the ww2 aircraft.

Even if not i plan to buy it and any extra ww1 content.

The addition of VR has made this my goto series and further refinements just keep dragging me in further.

I'm assuming that so long as we still have a single game launcher for all the games then we may see 262's vs <insert flying circus allied plane here> duelling on berloga ;)

Edit: I'm really excited for flying circus too. VR and WW1 air combat, its going to be just to full of up close and personal goodness to ignore. Exciting times are ahead for sure.

Edited by =FEW=Herne
  • Upvote 1

The devs said there *might* be issues in mixing the two time period's aircraft :(

Fingers crossed!

Long ago, the BlitzPigs did some beta testing for the original IL2/Pacific Fighters, I forget which of the patches we worked on most now...

Sure when doing it as a squad there were some fun moments and many laughs on comms when experiencing the oddities that can happen in beta testing, but that grows old real fast when you have to replicate the issue over and over again to get a good data base of the failure so that it can be reported in a manner that will be useful for the dev team.

It's a lot of work, that can get boring and repetitive very quickly once the thrill of trying out a new shiny aeroplane wears off.

My hat is off to the guys doing it now.

• Upvote 2

Long ago, the BlitzPigs did some beta testing for the original IL2/Pacific Fighters, I forget which of the patches we worked on most now...

Sure when doing it as a squad there were some fun moments and many laughs on comms when experiencing the oddities that can happen in beta testing, but that grows old real fast when you have to replicate the issue over and over again to get a good data base of the failure so that it can be reported in a manner that will be useful for the dev team.

It's a lot of work, that can get boring and repetitive very quickly once the thrill of trying out a new shiny aeroplane wears off.

My hat is off to the guys doing it now.

Indeed it is.

Back in the Papyrus Nascar Racing days, I was a tester for them and I spent no telling how many hours testing new builds as they would come out. Way too many.

I don't have any desire to do that again anytime soon. I just want to play and have fun now.

• Upvote 1

atleast other devs let not only special testers test (-;

Testing is a process that looks like "fun" but is  actually very difficult and more work and requires a lot of patience and diligence..  You cannot test when you feel like playing.. and eveyone is not cut out for it. Even if they think they are. 

• Upvote 4

Testing is a process that looks like "fun" but is  actually very difficult and more work and requires a lot of patience and diligence..  You cannot test when you feel like playing.. and eveyone is not cut out for it. Even if they think they are. 

Entirely depends on your test process. Having dedicated "high-quality" testers is a great way to catch major early bugs, but having a volume of low-quality "play when you like" testers will bring up a lot of more obscure and circumstantial bugs. Direct your quality testers to attempt to reproduce these bugs and your net grows wider, while you don't sacrifice the dev time on sorting out the poorly written bug reports.

Many games suffer by having a very narrow tester base.

Many games just treat the entire player base as beta-testers. :)

• Upvote 1

JaffaCake, in some ways that's how we did it.  

We would make multiplayer scenarios and test play them as a group, joining via IP and not through HyperLobby, and in those days we played together in numbers every single night.

By the time we got whatever build was to be tested, many of the big issues had been dealt with, however, by playing online as a group and doing it like we would play a regular release build we found lots of small things that a single player tester might not see.

find some people who you not known where you expect they look seriously for bugs. :dry:

find some people who you not known where you expect they look seriously for bugs. :dry:

Huh?

• Upvote 1

Huh?

They should spend their finite resources and margins on hiring 3rd party QA testers rather than "unfairly" giving people access to test versions since testing is all fun and no work.

More shitpost whining, that's all.

10/4

Testing is a process that looks like "fun" but is actually very difficult and more work and requires a lot of patience and diligence.. You cannot test when you feel like playing.. and eveyone is not cut out for it. Even if they think they are.

Yep

"Oh wow the new_______" lasts for 20 seconds whereupon the head scratching and often hair pulling begins. I sometimes wish I didn't know the mission editor as I have the tools to produce heightened levels of both head scratching and hair pulling.

Hence I don't even try to learn the thing...

I may cave at some point though.

Come to the dark side, it's fun!

I'm not talking about editor use in general outside of testing - that's fun.

Don't be a wuss!

If you are ever in the mood to have absolutely no fun whatsoever, give 'er a go. Whenever I find life too interesting, I fire up the included developer's tool and let the doldrums sink in deep. Keeps me balanced.

Now, lets see that update come on down the pipe. :cool:

If you are ever in the mood to have absolutely no fun whatsoever, give 'er a go. Whenever I find life too interesting, I fire up the included developer's tool and let the doldrums sink in deep. Keeps me balanced.

Now, lets see that update come on down the pipe. :cool:

You are to the mission editor as "Sinned" is to the Ju-52....or Ju-52 perceived non-purchasers anyway. :)

Edited by Gambit21

You are to the mission editor as "Sinned" is to the Ju-52.

I'm better looking than he is. :)

And the Ju-52 is gorgeous! I received mine as a gift from a fine Girtish gentleman and I gifted one to someone after that. It's a beautiful plane.

Aye it is.

I really hope the Kuban map gets some mountainside airfields so we can make some funky bad weather takeoffs and landings in the '52. That would be some good flying fun!

I tried to figure it out once.  Watched the tutorial vids, had no clue what so ever about what he was talking about, closed the program and walked away mumbling about vast quantities of single malt...

• Upvote 1

I tried to figure it out once.  Watched the tutorial vids, had no clue what so ever about what he was talking about, closed the program and walked away mumbling about vast quantities of single malt...

Well if you're ever so motivated I can spend some time with you on the phone and walk you through some basic logic.

Once you realize how the editor 'thinks' it becomes easy.

Always more time consuming than the old editor, (WAY more powerful though)  but once you get rolling not by as much as you'd think.

I managed to successfully put a plane in the air last year.

This year I might try two planes.

Single malt you say? :cool:

I really hope the Kuban map gets some mountainside airfields so we can make some funky bad weather takeoffs and landings in the '52. That would be some good flying fun!

I think that's on the list somewhere after sharks with lasers on their heads...

post-23599-0-97887700-1517958959_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Well if you're ever so motivated I can spend some time with you on the phone and walk you through some basic logic.

Once you realize how the editor 'thinks' it becomes easy.

Always more time consuming than the old editor, (WAY more powerful though)  but once you get rolling not by as much as you'd think.

Do you have Team Speak?  If I do decide to figure it out we could do it on my TS3 server, no phone charges that way.

Indeed it is.

Back in the Papyrus Nascar Racing days, I was a tester for them and I spent no telling how many hours testing new builds as they would come out. Way too many.

I don't have any desire to do that again anytime soon. I just want to play and have fun now.

Yeah it was the same for me. I have done enough beta and alpha testing that I have no desire to ever do that again. By the time the final build arrives I am so burnt out that I don't want to play it. I prefer to wait for final builds now.